Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/guillotineshout/status/1364173605513404421

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I really wanted to buy this but cops already tailgate my truck enough as it is

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Dr. Killjoy posted:

he believes if you remove the Jewish elements of Christianity you’d be able to reconstruct a Western paganism that would revive Europe

real loving brain genious hours

How the gently caress do you remove the Jewish elements of Christianity? What is even left? Revelations?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Are you saying that hasn't already happened?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Lawlicaust posted:

How the gently caress do you remove the Jewish elements of Christianity? What is even left? Revelations?

White Jesus and white god.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Lawlicaust posted:

the state religion of the roman empire

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

bars on windows = cage

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Lawlicaust posted:

https://twitter.com/TheEpicDept/status/1363883437074087937?s=19

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

bars on windows are for SAFETY

these are CHILD SAFETY CENTERS

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
All fantastic responses. I guess you basically end up with Southern Megachurch or Saint-veneration paganism.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If you were wondering if Australia's violent racists would fail to understand how mirrors work before setting off to attack indigenous women with a flame thrower then wonder no more.

https://twitter.com/westaustralian/status/1364116236972531714

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

lmao, grats to neil degrasse tyson on having a less nuanced understanding of knowledge then mc loving hammer

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

His response to it was great

https://twitter.com/dril/status/750444992271884290

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the physicists i know loving hate tyson lol

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Wheeee posted:

the physicists i know loving hate tyson lol

he taught our undergrad physics class once & he was very arrogant and not a good teacher. Someone asked what he's contributed to science and I guess he wrote a paper that there should be more stars than the official estimate and later on when more data came in they revised the estimate up so he was technically right, but his paper wasn't what changed things. And otherwise he's just a personality.

also idk what it is with Sean Carrol, Richard Dawkins et al who want to talk about poo poo other than physics/biology and then debate people on stage and then get mad when people say they should stay out of things they're not experts on but I guess at least Degrasse Tyson keeps his dumb wrong opinions mostly about science, where it's funny how wrong he often is rather than annoying

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Antonymous posted:

he taught our undergrad physics class once & he was very arrogant and not a good teacher. Someone asked what he's contributed to science and I guess he wrote a paper that there should be more stars than the official estimate and later on when more data came in they revised the estimate up so he was technically right, but his paper wasn't what changed things. And otherwise he's just a personality.

also idk what it is with Sean Carrol, Richard Dawkins et al who want to talk about poo poo other than physics/biology and then debate people on stage and then get mad when people say they should stay out of things they're not experts on but I guess at least Degrasse Tyson keeps his dumb wrong opinions mostly about science, where it's funny how wrong he often is rather than annoying

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

yah he's a big dumbass clown who can't resist commenting on anything with numbers or science even though he doesn't think for two seconds, pure arrogance

I remember he said 'when an airplane breaks it's a glider, when a helicopter breaks it's a brick' smug that he had some smart insight that a 5 year old could also realize

and helicopter knowers all groaned and had to explain that helicopters can 'glide' as well

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Al Jazeera to launch right wing media platform in the USA

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

The difference between tyson and dawkins is that dawkins was actually a real scientist who did real work

tyson has less credibility than bill nye the science guy

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

seems like that’d only be useful if the next Republican President is a tv addict

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Autorotation exists but helicopters do actively want to kill you.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Wheeee posted:

The difference between tyson and dawkins is that dawkins was actually a real scientist who did real work

bill nye is a legitimate positive in the world who has done good things for educating kids about science, tyson is just a dick

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Antonymous posted:

yah he's a big dumbass clown who can't resist commenting on anything with numbers or science even though he doesn't think for two seconds, pure arrogance

I remember he said 'when an airplane breaks it's a glider, when a helicopter breaks it's a brick' smug that he had some smart insight that a 5 year old could also realize

and helicopter knowers all groaned and had to explain that helicopters can 'glide' as well

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the US conservative movement could be revitalized pretty well if they started mass converting to islam, imo

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

THS posted:

the US conservative movement could be revitalized pretty well if they started mass converting to islam, imo

There is lots of common ground between the fascists in America and the fascists in Saudi Arabia

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

:hmmyes:

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

Wheeee posted:

tyson raped chris benoits wife

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Thump! posted:

There is lots of common ground between the fascists in America and the fascists in Saudi Arabia

AJ is run by Qatar though, so they probably want a counterbalance some conservatives from the hyper pro Saudi Trumpist faction since they, uh, don't have a great relationship with them

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Charles Ingalls posted:

tyson raped chris benoits wife

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I say we lock Tyson in a cage with his mortal enemy, rapper and flat earther B.O.B., and have them fight to the death

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

"seth you're gonna miss your flight"

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheeHornyyPoPo/status/1363957193637326855

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1364072536804311041?s=19

ACARB

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Maya Fey posted: