Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sgt. Politeness posted:

You have been vindicated.

Thanks, folks.

In case anyone's wondering, the final line of the Marvel Animated Universe was Scarlet Witch crying, "Wonder Man?! No longer an Avenger?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gavok posted:

Thanks, folks.

In case anyone's wondering, the final line of the Marvel Animated Universe was Scarlet Witch crying, "Wonder Man?! No longer an Avenger?!"

What the gently caress?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Skwirl posted:

What the gently caress?

Wonder Man spent most of the season in a coma, held in Ultron's hideout. When they finally rescued him and eventually woke him up, they found out that Ultron messed with his DNA. He kept freaking out and turning into his purple ionic form, before collapsing.

Wanting to do a cliffhanger for the season finale, they had Ant-Man say that even if they could save his life, it's too dangerous to have Wonder Man be an Avenger anymore. Wanda turned away crying and screamed, "Wonder Man?! No longer an Avenger?!" Roll credits.

Of course, the show did not get renewed for another season.

Also, there's one episode where Scarlet Witch and Vision fight Nicholas Scratch (Agatha Harkness' son) and Wanda keeps yelling, "NICHOLAS!" in such a high-pitched, incredulous way that me and my wife could not help but be reminded of this Nick Swardson stand-up bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

The Good Place is a 22 minute comedy show, but I hesitate to call it a sitcom.

I don’t know, it’s very much about that situation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I don’t know, it’s very much about that situation.

That's Jersey Shore but he wasn't the sole focus.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
this is a real thing that was said in batwoman lol

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Superman & Lois was a pretty good pilot. I never watched much Supergirl, but apparently this doesn't really do a lot of referencing to that show. Morgan Edge is a not nice guy I guess? I dig it. The CW bumps reminded me that Flash returns next week and I cannot recall anything that happened on that show post-Crisis. Mirrorverse drama and sad Barry losing his powers ... again?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

hatelull posted:

Superman & Lois was a pretty good pilot. I never watched much Supergirl, but apparently this doesn't really do a lot of referencing to that show. Morgan Edge is a not nice guy I guess? I dig it. The CW bumps reminded me that Flash returns next week and I cannot recall anything that happened on that show post-Crisis. Mirrorverse drama and sad Barry losing his powers ... again?

Yes, but it was actually done pretty well.

There isn't any reference to Supergirl unless you count that Tyler Hoechlin appeared on Supergirl as Superman. It's almost like a separate universe, which makes sense
if you want to refresh those shows for new viewers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Superman and Lois was great and the biggest compliment I can pay it is that it doesn't feel like a CW show at all. It looks better, it's written better (like it's written by actual adults), and the characters so far aren't doing super dumb poo poo. I'm also glad they've apparently decided to not use Cryer as Luthor as the clips I've seen of his Luthor would not work on the show this pilot has set up.

Also that original Superman outfit from early Action Comics was great.

https://twitter.com/acarboni/status/1364455027763421187

"Thanks! My mom made it for me!"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

Superman and Lois was great and the biggest compliment I can pay it is that it doesn't feel like a CW show at all. It looks better, it's written better (like it's written by actual adults), and the characters so far aren't doing super dumb poo poo. I'm also glad they've apparently decided to not use Cryer as Luthor as the clips I've seen of his Luthor would not work on the show this pilot has set up.

Also that original Superman outfit from early Action Comics was great.

https://twitter.com/acarboni/status/1364455027763421187

"Thanks! My mom made it for me!"

I know it's very nitpicky and obviously the kid is standing on something but for a minute there I thought the kid was as tall as Superman and I just burst out laughing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Madkal posted:

I know it's very nitpicky and obviously the kid is standing on something but for a minute there I thought the kid was as tall as Superman and I just burst out laughing.

We don't call him Tiny Superman for nothing!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm intensely interested in how the mk vs dc game comes about in the superman show universe

site fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 24, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

I'm intensely interested in how the mk vs dc game comes about in the superman show universe

See, Superman gets infected with the rage...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
does this mean injustice exists there too? does jordan play it in front of his dad? does superman get royalties for game where he becomes a fascist dictator

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

does this mean injustice exists there too? does jordan play it in front of his dad? does superman get royalties for game where he becomes a fascist dictator

Just like with MK vs DC: Not only does it exist, it's based on true events.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
thank goodness no one remembers due to the crisis reboot

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Loki premiere delayed a month, hopefully doesn't portend further MCU delays

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1364628666911580166

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I thought Superman and Lois DOES else place in the Arrowverse? I haven’t seen it yet — did they recast Luthor?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Honestly, while it might technically be in the Arrowverse to leave the door open for a cameo, it seems to be heading towards a stand alone thing with no connection to no lunch supermax and the WILL-ALWAYS-BE-BROKEN Star Labs. The hook from Crisis doesn't really line up time wise unless this show is taking place years after the cross over.

It's not much of a spoiler but probably. You never see his face and he's referred to as Captain Luthor.

Also, I know it's a Superman story and Superman gotta Superman but I was sort of not thrilled to see duder pull out the Kryptonite thing, and was happy it was resolved quickly and wasn't a drawn out affair. Hopefully the show doesn't go back to that well on the regular. Was it used heavily on Supergirl?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Apparently David Ramsay is going to be guesting in and directing an episode so it's definitely tied to the Arrowverse. The Lex in this series seems to be an alternate universe or time displaced Lex. He's played by Wole Parks.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i don't think this is supposed to be funny but it was

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Apparently David Ramsay is going to be guesting in and directing an episode so it's definitely tied to the Arrowverse. The Lex in this series seems to be an alternate universe or time displaced Lex. He's played by Wole Parks.

That explains one of these comments.

https://twitter.com/TheFirstOkiro/status/1364582425670508545?s=20

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay now that i've finished, i was a little worried from the trailer that it was going to be as cynical in tone as snyder's version but luckily although it's kinda copied the visual aesthetic it does not seem to be going down the road in terms of story or characterization

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

okay now that i've finished, i was a little worried from the trailer that it was going to be as cynical in tone as snyder's version but luckily although it's kinda copied the visual aesthetic it does not seem to be going down the road in terms of story or characterization

I had the same worry but it slowly lifted as I watched. I really hope we see more flashbacks in the Fleischer suit.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

Loki premiere delayed a month, hopefully doesn't portend further MCU delays

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1364628666911580166

Is it delayed? I mean, that would have it airing about 2-3 weeks after TF&TWS, which seems to be what they're aiming for? Hell, you could even argue the gap is to give the Clone Wars spin-off breathing room because there's likely some crossover in the Marvel and Star Wars demos.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Gaz-L posted:

Is it delayed? I mean, that would have it airing about 2-3 weeks after TF&TWS, which seems to be what they're aiming for? Hell, you could even argue the gap is to give the Clone Wars spin-off breathing room because there's likely some crossover in the Marvel and Star Wars demos.

It was previously announced for May, albeit without a specific date attached.

And FatWS is only six episodes, so June 11 is seven weeks after that ends.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Bad Batch is early May, though.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I'm really getting a kick out of all the twitter discourse right now demanding that Moon Knight must have an R rating for authenticity, despite, y'know, being a TV show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

theironjef posted:

I'm really getting a kick out of all the twitter discourse right now demanding that Moon Knight must have an R rating for authenticity, despite, y'know, being a TV show.

Also, like 85-95% of his comics stories could be easily told in a pg-13 film.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Most articles are saying they flipped it and Bad Batch.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The thing about kicking the poo poo out of people in the manner moon Knight does is that it can be bloodless and still brutal.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

It needs to be rated R so that Moon Knight can call Dracula a bitch and tell him to give him his loving money

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

The thing about kicking the poo poo out of people in the manner moon Knight does is that it can be bloodless and still brutal.

You can get pretty loving brutal on TV, Hannibal was on network television and at one point they had him cutting off pieces of a man's face and feeding it to him.

SlimGoodbody posted:

It needs to be rated R so that Moon Knight can call Dracula a bitch and tell him to give him his loving money

It's literally just people who want Moon Knight to say "gently caress" or people who want to see his cock.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

You can get pretty loving brutal on TV, Hannibal was on network television and at one point they had him cutting off pieces of a man's face and feeding it to him.

It's literally just people who want Moon Knight to say "gently caress" or people who want to see his cock.

Hannibal was TV-MA, and I'm expecting this to be TV-14.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Hannibal was TV-MA, and I'm expecting this to be TV-14.

So they aren't doing the Finch series.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ngl, i feel like i'm supposed to care about this but i just really don't lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

ngl, i feel like i'm supposed to care about this but i just really don't lol

Probably the best attitude to have regarding most comic adaptations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Most articles are saying they flipped it and Bad Batch.

Eh, there's no way they were going to pass up debuting a new Star Wars show on Star Wars day.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Skwirl posted:

I mean I do want to see Oscar Isaac nude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

theironjef posted:

Reminds me of how everyone always says "You can't do a movie with Carnage justice unless it's rated R!"

And I just think, ah yes, I remember all that gore in Maximum Carnage. So many intestines and decapitated heads just flying around in every scene. Hey, remember that time when Spider-Man and Venom beat Carnage up by turning an amplifier on really loud and then the Fantastic Four made a cameo? I'm glad no small children were looking at that.