Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

ok cool im giving it a shot! im not gonna spoil myself or read a guide so its not like ill be efficient anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah I've never savescummed either, and I made fine progress back then. Think I might have hit the content wall, even.

Btw, here's a bonus code I found in one of their patch notes: IEHsteam . You can enter them at the system screen

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I seem to recall a particular boss that required fire magic to make vulnerable which was too strongly tuned. That's around where I stopped because gently caress MMO-style bosses in my idling game.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Can someone give me a good idle hero game for iOS?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Sage Grimm posted:

I seem to recall a particular boss that required fire magic to make vulnerable which was too strongly tuned. That's around where I stopped because gently caress MMO-style bosses in my idling game.

Yeah that boss is still there, though I guess I don't know how strong it used to be. It's still a significant hump though, and you either need to be good at bullet hells or farm up the golem shield to the point where it doesn't hurt much anymore.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arzaac posted:

Yeah that boss is still there, though I guess I don't know how strong it used to be. It's still a significant hump though, and you either need to be good at bullet hells or farm up the golem shield to the point where it doesn't hurt much anymore.

I don't think that's the one they're talking about. Back when the game was new, there was this one Magic slime miniboss that was basically a roadblock for the then End of Content.
It was tuned so highly that it was a major pain to beat at the time.

Edit: Also didn't help that the wizard was really bad back then, and was also basically the only character that could deal damage to that boss.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 24, 2021

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh, really? Seems strange to me that they would make two separate "weak to fire magic" bosses.

At any rate Monty isn't that terrible, you have to hit him with fire magic but it's based on number of hits, not damage. And once you stun him you can hit him with any type of damage. It's honestly easiest to use Warrior and just load fire magic into your global slots.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Yep, that's the boss I got up to, though it's not the end of content slime boss judging by the achievement list. Grabbing my save from Kongregate, it appears to be just as bad a wall as it was when I stopped.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Valicious posted:

Can someone give me a good idle hero game for iOS?

There's Endless Battle: Return of Hero which I think was made by a goon and posted here a while back.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Monty's kind of a pain in the rear end because the puddle phase will kill you very quickly no matter what you do unless you manually avoid them.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Lilli posted:

Has anyone who has played https://proto23.herokuapp.com/ have any idea what are the requirements for going through the southern forest exit?

Edit: and also what the hells the deal with the nervous guy

I was able to play this for one night and now the page won't load :(

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Oldstench posted:

I was able to play this for one night and now the page won't load :(

It hit the monthly bandwith limit for the hosting it's on so it'll be down until monday, but in the meantime you can download a local copy of the page to run over on the Theory of Magic/Arcanum discord (which has a separate channel for the game now)

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Spokes posted:

What's your total EXP earned?

5.792 million EXP earned as of now

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
You’ll probably want to be around 30 million exp before you can actually do much in Evil anyhow, so you’re gated by that too. The end of normal and beginning of evil are what drags the most, pacing wise, so hang in there and you’ll see new zones and Titans in no time

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

If anyone is still interested in Synergism, there is currently an event going on with 2.5x ascension rewards, triple quark storage and earnings, and 1.5x global speed multiplier. Lasts for a couple days, so if you left a long ascension running, would be a good time to check in. Still waiting on the next patch, and I am grinding my way to beta. I should be able to knock out 30-40% of the hypercubes I need this weekend, probably finish it in a week, then I am at the bleeding edge.

Link since it has been a while: https://pseudonian.github.io/SynergismOfficial/

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

NGU: I'm around 24T power, and maxed the Fairy Godmother V1 drop set, what is the game now? I've been alternating between pumping up normal/evil NGUs every 24 hours and hacks but making slow progress. Should I be dumping resources into wishes?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

You should absolutely be doing wishes. The thing about wishes is that you get pretty hard diminishing returns; using 25% of your resources is only half as slow as using literally all of them.

I'd pick a relatively small amount of your resources, 10-25%, to dump into wishes. Then just carry on as usual.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I think I ran 10% of cap of all resources into however many wishes I can cast and that worked well.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Tokelau All Star posted:

NGU: I'm around 24T power, and maxed the Fairy Godmother V1 drop set, what is the game now? I've been alternating between pumping up normal/evil NGUs every 24 hours and hacks but making slow progress. Should I be dumping resources into wishes?

Have you done "hack days" yet? There was a time where a single or double hack day would be the way I went from stalled-feeling to the next zone.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

You should always be running at least 10% of E/M/R3 into each wish slot you have and like Cobalt60 said, occasionally do a "Hack Day."

Hack Days are basically where you pop both R3 Beta and Delta potions and wear only gear that increases your hack speed and R3 stats for the entire RB to get the most out of the double potion uptime. You can plan it out using the Gear Optimizer, since your main priority for a Hack Day is getting a significant Adventure Stat boost but you don't want to spend the entire time doing solely that, and you can see huge gains in other things like QP/EXP/PP/Blood gain if you dedicate some time to each of them. There's a more indepth guide to planning and using the GO Hack page in the official Discord if you feel like checking that out.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Anyone playing Incremental Adventures?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

Anyone playing Incremental Adventures?

Not for months but it was pretty fun. Gets very idle once you start doing ascensions. Might get into it again since it's apparently still being updated :eyepop:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GrossMurpel posted:

Not for months but it was pretty fun. Gets very idle once you start doing ascensions. Might get into it again since it's apparently still being updated :eyepop:

I’m 12% of the way to first ascension running warrior 3x Paladin cleric ranger

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Captain Foo posted:

I’m 12% of the way to first ascension running warrior 3x Paladin cleric ranger

Not sure if things have changed since I played, but the meta used to be one warrior (w/ the Overkill ability) and the rest Paladins (w/ the Synergy ability)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Klungar posted:

Not sure if things have changed since I played, but the meta used to be one warrior (w/ the Overkill ability) and the rest Paladins (w/ the Synergy ability)

hm, that's interesting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ok yeah i looked up a guide quickly and i was doing everything wrong lol

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I know nobody is playing cookie clicker anymore but after probably half a month's effort I've finally got that damned juicy queenbeet.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

reignofevil posted:

I know nobody is playing cookie clicker anymore but after probably half a month's effort I've finally got that damned juicy queenbeet.

I really wish Orteil hadn't quit making Neverending Legacy, even years later that's still one of the better takes on the whole 'idle 4x' subgenre I've seen yet

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
ortiel suffers from "always start never finish". if he'd found out how to do mtx in cookie clicker he could have been rich in the early days

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

ok yeah i looked up a guide quickly and i was doing everything wrong lol

Guess it's too late now but yeah the game scales so quickly that basically anything is pointless but killing an entire level in one hit and doing your maximum level skip.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Lilli posted:

Has anyone who has played https://proto23.herokuapp.com/ have any idea what are the requirements for going through the southern forest exit?

Edit: and also what the hells the deal with the nervous guy

I hope the game didn't just vanish completely. It was pretty good. Does the dev have some kind of blog or something?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

reignofevil posted:

I came back to the game when that was added an immediately noped out becuase how much of a pain in the rear end breeding was.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
If I could make one request for NGU it would be the ability to mouseover anything and see the current resource necessary to cap that item.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
As I get more and more busy WFH, a lot of games I had an easier time playing are just getting AFK'd/alt-tabbed out of and, in some games, booting me due to idle time (MMOs :argh:).

So I'm wondering if there's a type of casual idle game that doesn't need several hundred clicks on one entity to get started? I'm hoping for an idler more than a straight *clicker*, on steam/PC. Preferably something with a nice presentation (a la questing hero or mining or whatever else). It doesn't have to be the kind of game that's very complex or needs a specific end-game strategy to progress.

Realm Grinder was one of the few idle games I played on my phone (and looking at current steam screenshots, an older version) and I liked it but the amount of screen-tapping needed was absurd, so I'm trying to avoid straight clickers if possible.

Edit: Having to pay to get it isn't a big deal but if possible, not one of those MTX/P2W centric ones.

Morter fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 1, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Morter posted:

As I get more and more busy WFH, a lot of games I had an easier time playing are just getting AFK'd/alt-tabbed out of and, in some games, booting me due to idle time (MMOs :argh:).

So I'm wondering if there's a type of casual idle game that doesn't need several hundred clicks on one entity to get started? I'm hoping for an idler more than a straight *clicker*, on steam/PC. Preferably something with a nice presentation (a la questing hero or mining or whatever else). It doesn't have to be the kind of game that's very complex or needs a specific end-game strategy to progress.

Realm Grinder was one of the few idle games I played on my phone (and looking at current steam screenshots, an older version) and I liked it but the amount of screen-tapping needed was absurd, so I'm trying to avoid straight clickers if possible.

https://lodev.org/etherealfarm/ You make a little garden that is basically different tiers of Berries, mushrooms, and flowers with mushrooms leveling up your tree (Which you can reset for bonuses, you want to do this when you hit a wall, or hit a goal for the run if there's a reason to do something other than once a day). it's pretty popular at the moment with goons, was passed around in the thread like a year ago and the dev wasn't very active at the time. The dev has picked the project back up and very active and added some big stuff so it's a game now and not just a tech demo!

https://pseudonian.github.io/SynergismOfficial/ Synergism is a big long idle game that eventually you are clicking a dozen buttons a day. You can play it more idle at first but you can also play pretty drat active early on. It's nearing end game with patch notes talking about a second game so if you are looking to get into an idle game and probably be around for the final content you should pick it up.

Neither of these have a way to pay the dev any money that I can find, though Synergism looks like it may have had hooks for it on Kongretgate but it's 100% playable without I'm nearing endgame and picked it up only 6 months ago.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

pixaal posted:

Neither of these have a way to pay the dev any money that I can find, though Synergism looks like it may have had hooks for it on Kongretgate but it's 100% playable without I'm nearing endgame and picked it up only 6 months ago.
Synergism has a link to patreon on the settings page.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Morter posted:

Edit: Having to pay to get it isn't a big deal but if possible, not one of those MTX/P2W centric ones.

Kittens game is quite decent, especially combined with the Kitten Scientists automation script. You can configure the script to auto progress according to rules you set, and manually interact where appropriate.

e. also, it's completely free, no MTX or P2W stuff at all

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 2, 2021

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
https://proto23.herokuapp.com/ is back up, and with another update.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Are there update logs somewhere? The food mechanic sorta bottlenecks the fun of that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
I wish NGU Idle would show you the total time to completion for many of the features. How long, for example, does it take to gain one level in Daycare? It's always just "time remaining". I have to guesstimate the effect of various upgrades.