Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

mcmagic posted:

Virgil gets like 15% of the talking time on Bad Faith which is even less than he talked on Chapo which isn't much. He should just do both and make all the bank.

traded in a good podcast for a mediocre one. You hate to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
the q anon anonymous dispatch was inspired

this was almost me but with the bill maher/bill nye song

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/nopoweradeinusa/status/1063642009066512385

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I wish ghost was still here. The bellingcat being outed as spooks is a hollow victory over robert Evans.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Please. A real fan would have Stav's cackling as their ringtone, like I do.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://theanalysis.news/interviews/workers-and-communities-vs-amazon/

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Majorian posted:

Please. A real fan would have Stav's cackling as their ringtone, like I do.

quadruple deck fuckin burgers

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

mcmagic posted:

Virgil gets like 15% of the talking time on Bad Faith which is even less than he talked on Chapo which isn't much. He should just do both and make all the bank.

It is weird that he'd just drift away from what might be the easiest money a person could ever earn.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Prince Myshkin posted:

It is weird that he'd just drift away from what might be the easiest money a person could ever earn.

i imagine he spends his time prone on a backless couch, propped up on a silken pillow with an opium pipe in his mouth

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Prince Myshkin posted:

They easily clear 200k each off of that podcast for literally bullshitting for 2 hours a week and going on fun trips. Insane to walk away from that.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1364463238277169152

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Prince Myshkin posted:

he has integrity, as a content creator. gotta respect it

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Virgil has always been the least interesting or funny part of the show so good riddance. hope he and bri have a good time failing upward

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Virgil has always been the least interesting or funny part of the show so good riddance. hope he and bri have a good time failing upward

hes a man of quality, not quantity. yeah he might not say all that much most of the time but he usually has at least one complete banger every episode

also the water genius is one of my favorite bits

also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KthZwuol57g

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

virgil is gonna be dnc chair in a decade

THS
Sep 15, 2017

virgil is very good, interesting, and funny, imo

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
virgil is the best of the dryboys at posting

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

babypolis posted:

hes a man of quality, not quantity. yeah he might not say all that much most of the time but he usually has at least one complete banger every episode

also the water genius is one of my favorite bits

also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KthZwuol57g

the salo tweet

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

i say swears online posted:

absolutely

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

the salo tweet wasn’t that funny itself, but the reaction was exquisite, so for that I must give him props. he’s a poster’s poster

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

crepeface posted:

man I listened ep500 all the way through and it's pretty sad there was no mention of virgil aside from pre recorded bits. also sad none of the cumboys roasted them

i just listened to it. pretty boring episode overall but i thought it had to have been a bit that nobody at all should mention virgil at all, not even call-in people. maybe it really is capital O official though

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

I just think this judgy rabbit makes a good av.

virgil is cool and probably wants to do something more serious and i can't fault him for that

i only listen to bad faith when they have good guests and he barely if ever talks*, so our decisions are a double-edge sword i guess

(*i generally like brie so i'm okay with this)

disclaimer: virgil is/was my favorite chapo. if he's happy with this, then cool. if not, whatever, it's internet words. he's popular enough now that he'll probably never hurt for work.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Xaris posted:

i just listened to it. pretty boring episode overall but i thought it had to have been a bit that nobody at all should mention virgil at all, not even call-in people. maybe it really is capital O official though

I think the street fight boys mentioned him

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
when a Virgil comes along, you must whippet

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

i say swears online posted:

Virgil will be the next David Axelrod but Brie will absolutely be dnc chair.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

mcmagic posted:

They easily clear 200k each off of that podcast for literally bullshitting for 2 hours a week and going on fun trips. Insane to walk away from that.

I mean, barring health concerns or whatever he could have such a good deal he does not need to show up or he could be getting hosed badly enough to not want to.
Like, if they don't really pay out based on effort or appearances and they just own shares in the business there's no real incentive in going on the pod, especially if you don't enjoy it or you have other poo poo going on. On the other hand, if one does need to show up to get paid, but your share differs substantially from that of other members it makes a lot of sense to take your "brand" and start your own thing.

Or you know, they've made enough to not be so worried about making more.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

hapsby posted:

virgil is cool and probably wants to do something more serious and i can't fault him for that

i only listen to bad faith when they have good guests and he barely if ever talks*, so our decisions are a double-edge sword i guess

(*i generally like brie so i'm okay with this)

disclaimer: virgil is/was my favorite chapo. if he's happy with this, then cool. if not, whatever, it's internet words. he's popular enough now that he'll probably never hurt for work.

normally, in cspam, we like to circle around the correct and balanced take on any given subject, rather than just state it as bare assertion

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I once went to a meeting and accidentally played 0.5s of cum town. Someone in the meeting asked "Oh a podcast, what are you listening to?". I'm pretty sure you could see a comedy anime sweat bead forming while I thought up an appropriate lie

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Prince Myshkin posted:

There were episodes he was present for that he didn't say a word.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Xaris posted:

many of the roasters/toasters mentioned virgil, this thread continues to not listen to the podcast

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i just want to know what's on the tape virgil sent in during his ~missing months~ after bernie dropped out

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Protagorean posted:

I think the street fight boys mentioned him

they mentioned him and so did the song

most people who comment about podcasts in this thread listen to them with about as much attention as me browsing cspam while the netflix original series “the ranch” is playing on the tv when visiting my parents

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

many of the roasters/toasters mentioned virgil, this thread continues to not listen to the podcast

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

I once went to a meeting and accidentally played 0.5s of cum town. Someone in the meeting asked "Oh a podcast, what are you listening to?". I'm pretty sure you could see a comedy anime sweat bead forming while I thought up an appropriate lie

"oh haha it was bill maher's nature show"

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

MikeCrotch posted:

next time, be a comrade and tell tell the thruth (that it's cum town), and make yourself some cumrades

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

THS posted:

they mentioned him and so did the song

most people who comment about podcasts in this thread listen to them with about as much attention as me browsing cspam while the netflix original series “the ranch” is playing on the tv when visiting my parents

i usually listen to podcasts high as gently caress and between the hours of midnight and 4am, i can sympathize

ive only seen parts of the ranch but it owns that the more annoying of the 70's show guys got poochied for being a sex pest

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I made friends with the weird poly girl at work by sharing cum town clips with her. She got fired eventually but we still hang out

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Civilized Fishbot posted:

The theory is about how you go from thinking it should be done to actually getting it done. Lenin didn't need Marx to tell him that things should be better, and he didn't need Hegel to tell him that Marx was right - but he needed both of them to turn "workers should get paid more and we need to distribute wealth" into a plan, into victory.

Your doctor doesn't need medical textbooks or journals to know that it's bad as hell if your lungs are full of tumors. But your doctor needs a shitton of those texts to know how to kill the tumors without killing you.

I'll think you find what Lenin needed was a million of his countrymen dying because the king was mad at his first cousin

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Protagorean posted:

i usually listen to podcasts high as gently caress and between the hours of midnight and 4am, i can sympathize

ive only seen parts of the ranch but it owns that the more annoying of the 70's show guys got poochied for being a sex pest

i listen to every chapo in a sensory deprivation tank, then i create a custom guitar hero song, syncing their vocal tracks to the game so i can get a tru feel for the episode’s vibe

THS
Sep 15, 2017

zegermans posted:

I'll think you find what Lenin needed was a million of his countrymen dying because the king was mad at his first cousin

shut the gently caress up zegermans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/genius_posting/status/1364727802969350144?s=20