Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

RC Cola posted:

Does this include AH?

$266.83 either way.

And then it crashes on Monday

No, 4:00 market close on Friday.

Bets must be in by 9:30 tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

spencer for hire posted:

Right. What I’m getting at is if new Robinhood accounts were not margin accounts then there would be no need for a reserve and thus no need to further restrict trades. But I believe (and very well could be wrong) new accounts are classified as margin to get around initial deposit settlement issues.

That's one possibility, autoenrolling investors with margin is a terrible idea and I agree with you. I'm not sure if an initial deposit hold is a FINRA rule though. Once an electronic transfer is made, the risk is held by the brokerage until the funds settle.

My point was that the maintenance requirement wasn't unethical. If it was done very quickly they could have avoided the closing transactions only days which I do consider shady as hell. There was no good reason that settled cash shouldn't have been able to buy GME at any point.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Thank you Mr party

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'll buy a smiley for whoever wins, but it needs to be provided to me (stuck on a laptop for the time being, so no photoshop)

:gdj:

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
$483.00

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'll guess $41.50 for GME.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
AMC, GME and BB are like trying to do a group cosplay of January

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

GME @ 62.50 on Friday

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Should I get out AH after doubling my money, or see if it pops tomorrow if some more "here we go again" type stories get picked up by the media?

java
May 7, 2005

Wifi Toilet posted:

Should I get out AH after doubling my money, or see if it pops tomorrow if some more "here we go again" type stories get picked up by the media?

You could always sell half and let the other half ride. There's a decent chance that people will pile on again, as there were lots of folks that missed out the first time. But bag holders from the last round will probably use it as a chance to get out if they get even.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

$789

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

$78

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

edit: 54 is just undercutting someone.

$51

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

I'll buy someone a forums gift cert of their choice (except smilie you dick) to the best guess on GME closing price on Friday. Price Is Right rules.

$246

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Whelp, Im gonna do it. Im gonna FOMO and toss a few grand into GME tomorrow if it hasnt burst. That means itll be around $35 on Friday and Ill be telling myself "well, at least now you dont have to worry about what could have been".

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

GME will be at $63 EOD Friday

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
also PM me whoever has won lol because this thread will have 20000 unread posts tomorrow morning

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

GME at $151 on COB Friday.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I really want to short this but God hates us and loves GME

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

GME @ 59 flat at close friday

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

91 close Friday

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

java posted:

You could always sell half and let the other half ride. There's a decent chance that people will pile on again, as there were lots of folks that missed out the first time. But bag holders from the last round will probably use it as a chance to get out if they get even.

Well poo poo, my limit sell triggered at $189 so I'm out and I bet it's gonna hit $300 tomorrow. Oh well, that easily wipes out my loss after selling ARKK.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

$91

Edit 92 lol

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Bought a tiny bit of AMC @5.79 last week expecting it to slowly drift up over the summer/fall as stuff reopens and, uh, drat.

GME Friday close guess $225.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Give me $35 for the GME showcase showdown.

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page
Down for 234 Friday close

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
$97

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
100 close on Friday for GME.

gregday
May 23, 2003

GME will be worth 1,400 DOGE

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

youd for i
Mar 24, 2006

Please enter your password, then press pound
$169.07 is my guess

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I really want to touch the poop on GME Cause I think it’s gonna explode again on the news of this (my guess is to like 220 or so tomorrow) but I’m too much of a baby to risk that.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I wonder whether everything else will tank like they did when this happened last month

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
$GME should be renamed to $TULIPS

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
christ this is stupid. I don't want this gme bullshit to take the air out of the rest of the market for another week.

drill these nerds tomorrow plz

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I really want to touch the poop on GME Cause I think it’s gonna explode again on the news of this (my guess is to like 220 or so tomorrow) but I’m too much of a baby to risk that.

It made the news last time and there are so many people that feel they missed out. I think theres going to be a dog pile tomorrow and assuming I still have the nerve Im going to try to be part of it. Im expecting GME to sky rocket more because of massive buying momentum than an actual squeeze. Also, I am very, very dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
lol this is going to leave more GME bagholders than the last time