Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Bitcoin: PARADISE REQUIRES MORE THAN 8 TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND

EDIT: also I'd probably have gone with "teth my ponzi neg account"

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

LordSaturn posted:

good title

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
THIS IS A PSA FROM YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

did you make calm_hitler.png

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

LordSaturn posted:

did you make calm_hitler.png

no, i have not reached such heights of art yet.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Why do people keep engaging with the pedo

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Remember that his money is primarily from a half-mil inheritance

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LordSaturn posted:

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Somfin posted:

I don't follow this thread super closely and didn't know this, thanks!

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

It's more fun when he tries to justify Bitcoin, you all have broken him and it's all "look at me, I have monopoly money" now.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

nomad2020 posted:

It's more fun when he tries to justify Bitcoin, you all have broken him and it's all "look at me, I have monopoly money" now.
What's also interesting is that the whole '90 days without calling me names, nerds!!' thing suggests he genuinely thinks there's some kind of "no coiner hive-mind" as opposed to, you know, a couple dozen people all independently arriving at the conclusion that he's a dink and a maniac.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Kramers into a thread lathered in his own poo poo

"You're all groupthink slaves who say I'm crazy!!!1"

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

LordSaturn posted:

i too vote yes for this title change.

oh, and by the way, have you heard seraph's TED talk?

https://soundcloud.com/user-710437758/seraphs-ted-talk

bitcoin is a decentralized, automated Ponzi scheme.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 24, 2021

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

ReapWhatYouSow posted:

See above, I did exactly that. I made myself vulnerable, and I was mercilessly mocked and attacked for it. There was no forgiveness, no empathy, and no respect shown.

It's a heartbreaker of a story for sure

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It's a heartbreaker of a story for sure

It's almost like there's something that we're still waiting for Seraph to say, regarding minors, that they are unwilling to say?

Seraph inherited their wealth and is deliberately hoarding it despite claiming to be able and willing to help those around them.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Somfin posted:

It's almost like there's something that we're still waiting for Seraph to say, regarding minors, that they are unwilling to say?

Seraph inherited their wealth and is deliberately hoarding it despite claiming to be able and willing to help those around them.
I mean yeah, it's absolutely an expression of power and nothing else. That was a lot of the early bitcoin fantasy, as I recall: You could "tip" people and thus show your power and wealth as a captain of industry*, very alluring etc.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PiCroft posted:

Why do people keep engaging with the pedo

it's a bit weird how they keep making them mods

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nessus posted:

show your power and wealth as a captain of industry*

*idiot gambler who will lose their money when MtGox goes bust, or they get social engineered and lose their wallet keys, or forget their password for their encrypted hard drive, or their dog eats their piece of paper that had "correct horse battery staple" written on it.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

divabot posted:

morning world, i hear numbre went up

tether is in a GOOD NEWS situation with this: a minimal fine, but a number of strong leashes on them here

disjoint ramblings here.
oh and they also had to pay a small fine.

if anyone tells you tether was "exonerated" by this, they don't know what words mean, and should read the "RELIEF" section at the end of the settlement. the language is pretty clear and readable.

Ah look it's David back to explain how he was not wrong on Tether. I'll tell you what else is not exonerated. Your years of claiming through implication that this was going to destroy Bitcoin :hellyeah:

For those of you unfamiliar, the above rationalwiki enthusiast, admin, and activist spent a few years debunking bitcoin / crypto. One of the lynchpin claims was that Tether was a financial fraud in the Billions if not Trillions of dollars that was cause Bitcoin / Crypto to implode, and possibly take down the global financial system.

Well it's 2021 and here is the conclusion: Tether was a nothingburger, a non issue, no meaningful event happened, and everything resumed pretty much as previously. This incredible outcome was considered inconceivable by the posters of this thread 5 years ago. However, with the benefit of hindsight, we can see that it wasn't a big deal.

Posts trying to explain "Tether is irrelevant, one exchange running a stupid scam won't change anything" were met with endless tweets from Tether Printer, which hasn't posted since 2018. Amazing stuff.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ah look ... I'll tell you ... through implication that this was going to destroy Bitcoin :hellyeah:

For those of you ... rationalwiki enthusiast, admin, and activist spent a few ... Billions if not Trillions of dollars that was cause Bitcoin / Crypto to implode, and possibly take down ... a nothingburger, a non issue, no meaningful event happened, and everything resumed pretty much as previously. This incredible outcome was considered inconceivable by ... the benefit of hindsight ....

Posts trying to explain "Tether is irrelevant ... were met with ... Amazing stuff.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

"The thirty-billion-dollar shadowbank that undergirds the cryptocurrency ecosystem was found by New York State to have lied about its reserves and business dealings repeatedly across the years, and had severe shortfalls in reserves at multiple points over the years, and the cryptocurrency ecosystem sees this as a nothingburger" is not the vindication that you seem to think it is

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ah look it's David back to explain how he was not wrong on Tether. I'll tell you what else is not exonerated. Your years of claiming through implication that this was going to destroy Bitcoin :hellyeah:

For those of you unfamiliar, the above rationalwiki enthusiast, admin, and activist spent a few years debunking bitcoin / crypto. One of the lynchpin claims was that Tether was a financial fraud in the Billions if not Trillions of dollars that was cause Bitcoin / Crypto to implode, and possibly take down the global financial system.

Well it's 2021 and here is the conclusion: Tether was a nothingburger, a non issue, no meaningful event happened, and everything resumed pretty much as previously. This incredible outcome was considered inconceivable by the posters of this thread 5 years ago. However, with the benefit of hindsight, we can see that it wasn't a big deal.

Posts trying to explain "Tether is irrelevant, one exchange running a stupid scam won't change anything" were met with endless tweets from Tether Printer, which hasn't posted since 2018. Amazing stuff.

hey look it’s someone responding to say tether was exonerated in a post that called him out preemptively for doing exactly that

what a shocker

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ham Sandwiches remains a stellar example of reading comprehension

Why is the value of bitcoin going up supposed to be a good thing?

Somfin fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 25, 2021

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

LordSaturn posted:

:coolfish:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:getin:

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Source your quotes

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

a millionaire pedo and a ham sandwich take on the inyernet

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

nomad2020 posted:

I find it really funny when "coiners" try to tell everyone that its fine and the value of coins is going to moon, and how cash is a losing position. When the entire fundamentals of bitcoin relies on the value of USD.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
so as the number of available bitcoins tends towards zero and the price nears infinity, we'll need a near infinite amount of something else to buy one bitcoin

dogecoin maybe?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Novo posted:

so as the number of available bitcoins tends towards zero and the price nears infinity, we'll need a near infinite amount of something else to buy one bitcoin

dogecoin maybe?

No no no that's the goal, the last buyers become on-paper zillionaires and then learn a harsh lesson about market economies as their bitcoins are revealed to be actually worthless (because they were always worthless wastes of money), and then the exchange runners are all suddenly discovered to be on holiday in places that do not have extradition treaties with the US.

This is also known as "the singularity" to idiots who think they'll still be able to force more people to buy bitcoin for that alleged near-infinite price. I'm not doubting that the market will make the price go up up up. I'm just aware that eventually the willingness of new people to buy in is going to hit zero, at which point all bitcoin will be less than worthless.

mr_cadaver
Jan 9, 2001

all hail coinaimon

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
a certain retro game i bought six years ago has had a better appreciation of value than any bitcoin purchased after 2017

you're fooling yourselves, hoddlers

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I can see how those posts killed Mama Cass

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I'm still ticked at you guys and the original yospos thread for convincing me to not buy a thousand bitcoins when they were less than a penny. I absolutely would have held on to them all this time, and not freaked out when it hit a dollar, or lost it all in a scam, or just straight up misunderstand how they work and reformat my hard drive.

Nevermind the fact that if it wasn't for something awful I never would have heard of bitcoin until like a year ago, but nevertheless! I would be the world's richest man by now. Thanks, jerks!

EvilHobo
Dec 28, 2008

stratdax posted:

I'm still ticked at you guys and the original yospos thread for convincing me to not buy a thousand bitcoins when they were less than a penny. I absolutely would have held on to them all this time, and not freaked out when it hit a dollar, or lost it all in a scam, or just straight up misunderstand how they work and reformat my hard drive.

I won't blame YOSPOS (completely) as I had my own reservations.
But I'm there with you -- those gently caress ups are user errors. I keep backups of hard drives dating back to my first computer. I think keeping your money (crypto or fiat) on an exchange is a recipe for disaster. And so on and so forth. Still, I didn't bother because I didn't have grandiose visions of hyperbitcoinization nor did I see a use for bitcoin at the time. Maybe I would have been better off developing a drug problem in college so as to have an incentive to acquire Bitcoin to get my fix.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Get your resonable opinions out of here. This is the thread for COPIUM and FUD.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

https://twitter.com/economics/status/1364663448760647681?s=20
The entire Federal Reserve wire system went down today. Goldbugs and crypto enthusiasts gloated as you can expect. Having a vital system that processes trillions in daily volume go down is genuinely a bad a look. If the outage had lasted longer it would have caused a massive panic.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Somfin posted:

Every loving time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

The entire Federal Reserve wire system went down today. Goldbugs and crypto enthusiasts gloated as you can expect. Having a vital system that processes trillions in daily volume go down is genuinely a bad a look. If the outage had lasted longer it would have caused a massive panic.
How long was it actually down? This is not an attempt to dunk on bitcoiners or anything, I legitimately could not find out when I looked at it (due, in part, to the bitcoiners)