Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OneEightHundred posted:

So much of why any of it matters in the first place is linked to stupid bullshit of how success and prestige are disconnected from the actual quality of education, especially for undergrad.

I remember when I was an undergrad at UC Santa Cruz there was a lot of handwringing about how there weren't enough minority students according to some measure (I think it was comparing by population percentage, and Asian students didn't count as minority students because... reasons), and I wondered if it was because minority applicants weren't being admitted proportionally or just weren't applying to UCSC at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

OneEightHundred posted:

At the University of California, San Diego the year before racial preferences were banned in the late ‘90s, exactly one black student out of 3,268 freshmen made honors. A few years later after students who once would have been “mismatched” to flagship schools UC Berkeley were now admitted to schools such as UC San Diego, one in five black freshmen were making honors, the same proportion as white ones.

this still doesn't answer my question of WHY were those supposedly unqualified black students applying to places like UCSD in the first place?

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Going to a top university when you don't come from a background that prepares you for it can be really alienating. While not exactly the same as the US Ivy League, I went to a very prestigious university in my country, as the first person in my family to pursue higher education at all. I finished the degree but really struggled, not with the work itself, but with the environment and not feeling like I belonged there. It certainly contributed to my depression at the time, and if I hadn't had access to hardship grants and been able to take a year off to seek treatment, I would have been forced to drop out.

I'm guessing a lot of the dropouts experienced a similar shock, compounded by racism, and they didn't have the support (financial or otherwise) to help them limp through.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Going to a top university when you don't come from a background that prepares you for it can be really alienating. While not exactly the same as the US Ivy League, I went to a very prestigious university in my country, as the first person in my family to pursue higher education at all. I finished the degree but really struggled, not with the work itself, but with the environment and not feeling like I belonged there. It certainly contributed to my depression at the time, and if I hadn't had access to hardship grants and been able to take a year off to seek treatment, I would have been forced to drop out.

I'm guessing a lot of the dropouts experienced a similar shock, compounded by racism, and they didn't have the support (financial or otherwise) to help them limp through.

This is so loving true, holy poo poo. I can’t imagine what it’s like compounding racism/sexism and so on as well. It didn’t help that the school I went to was well known for not having any gpa inflation and was an absolute grind.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mr Interweb posted:

this still doesn't answer my question of WHY were those supposedly unqualified black students applying to places like UCSD in the first place?
I'm going to guess that the racial preference ban had a correlated effect of also causing the Unis to do poo poo like Minority Outreach (for actual students in the college), build PoC Spaces and provide overall better support than "congrats you got in WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU BELONG HERE?!"

Hell, just the implication and erasure involved in "well, you're an Affirmative Action charity case so..." would probably be enough to just devastate people their first year. And UCSD was utter atomizing socially before, like 2014. Nit inky was the campus dead on weekends, but the homegrown Edgy Humor Mag on campus was utterly toxic and coated in that I'm Not Touching You Young Republican bullshit.

I'll also add a few sentences to this overly long post to say that college counseling in the 90s for minorities was basically "You there, Talented Tenth Person: you're applying to UC Name and UC Name 2 and USC and also Harvard and Yale! What? Of course they offer...uh... whatever it is! You're 4th in a class of 800 you'll hardly break a sweat there, just getting in is the hard part!" Plus, like, the counselor actually has to advise you instead of writing you off as No Chance at College.

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Going to a top university when you don't come from a background that prepares you for it can be really alienating.

I finished the degree but really struggled, not with the work itself, but with the environment and not feeling like I belonged there.
Amen to that. I had a close friend that made it to an Ivy and they very nearly did the whole "one semester left gonna tank everything" because of a mix of feeling that they didn't earn their spot/take advantage of the opportunity/etc. They were self-sabotaging and I wish I had more clarity and understanding to help them through it. Thank God they found a supportive community of friends through the drat summer bridge that helped 'em get motivated and be accountable.

But then again I'm the idiot that passed on a full ride to one of 'em because (reasons) so it's not like I was gonna be much help navigating the waters of big rich college life. :suicide:

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 26, 2021

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

I'm going to guess that the racial preference ban had a correlated effect of also causing the Unis to do poo poo like Minority Outreach (for actual students in the college), build PoC Spaces and provide overall better support than "congrats you got in WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU BELONG HERE?!"

Hell, just the implication and erasure involved in "well, you're an Affirmative Action charity case so..." would probably be enough to just devastate people their first year. And UCSD was utter atomizing socially before, like 2014. Nit inky was the campus dead on weekends, but the homegrown Edgy Humor Mag on campus was utterly toxic and coated in that I'm Not Touching You Young Republican bullshit.

I'll also add a few sentences to this overly long post to say that college counseling in the 90s for minorities was basically "You there, Talented Tenth Person: you're applying to UC Name and UC Name 2 and USC and also Harvard and Yale! What? Of course they offer...uh... whatever it is! You're 4th in a class of 800 you'll hardly break a sweat there, just getting in is the hard part!" Plus, like, the counselor actually has to advise you instead of writing you off as No Chance at College.

ah, well i suppose that makes a bit more sense than the idea that some black student closed their eyes and chose an ivy league school at random.

oh btw, i realized something fun in regards to this discussion. i've seen conservatives repeatedly attack AA as not only not being fair, but being insulting to the people that it benefits. many of them would puff their chests and go "you know, if I was offered an admission or job because of a handicap, then i'd refuse to take it just out of principle!".

now this is a horseshit complaint cause i've never seen a conservative refuse to take advantage of any benefit they'd ever come across. but more to the point, it seems that Asian students are actually expected to perform noticeably better than white people for the same openings. just learned about this, but apparently it's called the 'asian tax'. how many white people do you think are ashamed that they got into their positions cause of their own version of AA?

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 27, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I found a church newsletter lying around on the table, I guess it got sent to my mom, and it had a bunch of wonderful articles. Such as the classic "Evolution is a lie because the laws of thermodynamics and because spontaneous generation is false," "If you don't start spanking your kids by one year old you are a bad parent who doesn't love them," but the "best" one of all was the last one I saw. "Self esteem is a myth that should be ignored, because self hatred doesn't exist."

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I continue to be awestruck that “cancel culture” is the only thing the right wing will talk about right now. Thousands are dying in overlapping, cascading disasters, and they insist that the biggest problem facing the nation is that tumblr kids aren’t giving them enough social media likes. And because we live in hell, I can’t help but think it’ll turn out well for them

On the other hand, maybe they are slipping. They lost the Georgia elections in part because they accidentally fed voter suppression propaganda to their own constituents, after all, so I wonder if people might start to notice that Ted Cruz was handwringing about Mr Potatohead’s dick while they froze and watched their savings get wiped out.

On the other otherhand, I worry that Joe Biden is going to be Joe Biden and try to outflank them on telling those dang SJWs to cut it out.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Hihohe posted:

so where did they bury Rush. i just remembered hes dead and i have to take a piss

https://fox2now.com/news/rush-limbaugh-laid-to-rest-wednesday-at-bellefontaine-cemetery-in-st-louis/

quote:

ST. LOUIS, Mo. – Rush Limbaugh was laid to rest at Bellefontaine Cemetery in St. Louis during a private ceremony on Wednesday, according to the Southeast Missourian. There will be a virtual ceremony later according to a statement issued by Kathryn Limbaugh.

The cemetery was closed to the public during Wednesday’s ceremony. KFTK reports that around 40 family members and others were there.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dr Christmas posted:

I continue to be awestruck that “cancel culture” is the only thing the right wing will talk about right now. Thousands are dying in overlapping, cascading disasters, and they insist that the biggest problem facing the nation is that tumblr kids aren’t giving them enough social media likes. And because we live in hell, I can’t help but think it’ll turn out well for them

On the other hand, maybe they are slipping. They lost the Georgia elections in part because they accidentally fed voter suppression propaganda to their own constituents, after all, so I wonder if people might start to notice that Ted Cruz was handwringing about Mr Potatohead’s dick while they froze and watched their savings get wiped out.

On the other otherhand, I worry that Joe Biden is going to be Joe Biden and try to outflank them on telling those dang SJWs to cut it out.
The main reason for them focusing on bizarre culture warrior poo poo is because they have never had any intention to actually fix anything. It's purely a distraction and red meat for the base.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The world's newest rest stop

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

pacerhimself posted:

The world's newest rest stop

Sucks, because it is a really interesting and beautiful spot, from an era where they were experimenting with graveyards as public park space and arboretums. It is also deep in the North St. Louis ghetto. I hope they don't gently caress around with security arrangements on account of edgelords doin' it for the 'gram. I like biking there.

Rush isn't even FROM St. Louis, not sure why they would not plant him in some rich fucker cemetary in Cape Girardo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Slo-Tek posted:

Sucks, because it is a really interesting and beautiful spot, from an era where they were experimenting with graveyards as public park space and arboretums. It is also deep in the North St. Louis ghetto. I hope they don't gently caress around with security arrangements on account of edgelords doin' it for the 'gram. I like biking there.

Rush isn't even FROM St. Louis, not sure why they would not plant him in some rich fucker cemetary in Cape Girardo.

He did grow up in Missouri. And the one of the big shitstorms he had was when he said he wasn't allowed to buy the Rams because he was too conservative.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GoutPatrol posted:

He did grow up in Missouri. And the one of the big shitstorms he had was when he said he wasn't allowed to buy the Rams because he was too conservative.

I mean this was back when saying racist poo poo about football players would actually prevent you from owning a team.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

GoutPatrol posted:

SJWs and libs kept him from his dream. It was the closest he could come to legally owning black men, and they stripped it away.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Holy hell all I hear now is "CANCEL CULTURE" and its like, dude, hasn't the left been having their teeth kicked in for years when they speak up, yet now that the right is starting to see the same treatment they are SO loving OPPRESSED AND SILENCED.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

I haven't been paying much attention lately to the right's obsession with cancel culture. Are they just whining about how unfair it is to finally be facing consequences for being the worst loving people on Earth or are they proposing ways to fight back? What exactly is their proposed solution? I just think it's funny as hell that it comes down to free speech and the free market biting them in the rear end and there's probably nothing they can do about it. It's got to be breaking their brains, right?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
just screaming twitter and YouTube outrage. and THE LEFTTTT.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

tek79 posted:

I haven't been paying much attention lately to the right's obsession with cancel culture. Are they just whining about how unfair it is to finally be facing consequences for being the worst loving people on Earth or are they proposing ways to fight back? What exactly is their proposed solution?

Yes, they're just whining about it being unfair. It got a boost about a week ago when that Mandalorian actress got fired by Disney. They're just grossly misunderstanding the first amendment and claiming that communist Marxists control all social media.

Their proposed solution is "We'll start our OWN social media, with hate speech!" The two right wing alternatives to Twitter right now are Gab and Parler. So far I haven't seen anybody trying to start another right wing Youtube (there was one a while back but I think it no longer exists), probably because running a video hosting site is much more work than just allowing people to angrily text their racism.

Other than that I think the calls to repeal Section 230 have mostly ended since Trump was really the only one who wanted that, because he's a moron and didn't understand what it meant, and now that he doesn't have as much of a platform anymore the right wing media who do understand what it means don't have to talk about it anymore.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Quoting myself from the other thread:

OneEightHundred posted:

It's really just "political correctness" reframed, but AFAIK their obsession with "cancel culture" is largely motivated by some longer-term messaging goals.

Most obvious example I can remember: They have polling showing that they have basically zero appeal to younger people on any issue EXCEPT for "cancel culture." Young people don't vote and the GOP is going to ride the boomer train until it flies off the cliff of mortality, so they're not directly concerned about that, but they are worried that they need to build their presence in online media in order to stay present in the public mind, especially because the culture war is the only thing they have left.
Basically the bubble is shrinking and it's the ONLY thing that they've found that sucks people in.

I'm not sure it's sustainable because they're inflating the scope of it to the point that it's getting very obviously ridiculous.

tek79 posted:

What exactly is their proposed solution?
Making lots of noise about Section 230 while simultaneously saying Section 230 says something completely different than what it actually does, and generally trying to exact consequences on anyone engaging in content moderation.

It's been working to some extent, they've basically cowed Facebook into giving right-wing outlets and figures massive carve-outs from their rules.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 2, 2021

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

The core liability protection bits of Section 230:
code:
(c) Protection for “Good Samaritan” blocking and screening of offensive material
    (1) Treatment of publisher or speaker
             No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any 
             information provided by another information content provider.
    (2) Civil liabilityNo provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be held liable on account of—
         (A) any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider or user 
             considers to be obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether 
             or not such material is constitutionally protected; or
         (B) any action taken to enable or make available to information content providers or others the technical means 
             to restrict access to material described in paragraph (1).
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/47/230

"The Left" is upset about part 1, which makes platforms not liable for what users post on their platform since they want to sue platforms for not kicking off people who harass and post bullshit.
"The Right" is upset about part 2, the liability shield for content moderation decision since they want to sue platforms for kicking them off and removing their posts.

In general the reporting about section 230 has been awful and people on all sides of the opposition to section 230 have been mischaracterizing the law and skating over what does and how it is structured during their polemics.

I am seen a lot of reporting going "the Republicans are stupid" while missing what bit of section 230 they really want to kill.

Munin fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 3, 2021

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Slo-Tek posted:

So, I'll be around STL multiple times in the next few months... so asking for a friend.. what's this particular cemetery's security like?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Munin posted:

"The Right" is upset about part 2, the liability shield for content moderation decision since they want to sue platforms for kicking them off and removing their posts.
Concerns about parts of the law were engineered after the fact to make a barrage of horseshit that had nothing to do with the actual law something of a reality.

It started as a dumb "platform vs. publisher" misconception where Facebook and Twitter supposedly were only supposed to be protected by part 1 if they were a neutral "platform" which would cease being neutral and become a "publisher" and therefore they should lose their Section 230 protection if they banned people for their political opinions. The point wasn't to sue them for being banned, but rather, that they could be sued for all sorts of things if they lost their liability protection, and therefore they should be threatened with losing their liability protection and consequently sinking their business if they engage in "biased" moderation.

Then it turned into a thing where they were supposedly evading this consequence and therefore we must repeal Section 230 and replace it with an improved version that forces them to be content neutral.

There's a whole site debunking a bunch of Section 230 bullshit which is a useful primer of the extremely common misconceptions of it.

Part 2 doesn't even matter on social media because all of the users click through TOS agreements.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 3, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Not explicitly right wing media-related, but Fox's ratings freefall has now officially crossed the "Yeah, they're loving deaaaaaaaaad" meridian:

https://twitter.com/MSNBCPR/status/1366821453782528004

https://twitter.com/MSNBCPR/status/1366821816656924673

MSNBC is now the #1 most watched cable news network in America, and Rachel Maddow is #1 the most watch cable news show two months running now, absolutely loving dummying both Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson by a factor of like 2 million viewers now.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
kind of rich listening to the right bitch about cancel cancel given the situations with the Dixie Chicks, Bill Maher, Colin Kaepernick, Heinz ketchup, Kathy Griffin, etc. etc etc.

edit: wow what a weird typo

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 3, 2021

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BiggerBoat posted:

kind of rich listening to the right bitch about cancel cancel given the siutations with the Dixie XHixks, Bill Maher, Colin Kaepernick, Heinz ketchup, Kathy Griffin, etc. etc etc.
It’s also amusing to hear them whining about private business decisions like the Dr Seuss thing

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

kind of rich listening to the right bitch about cancel cancel given the siutations with the Dixie XHixks, Bill Maher, Colin Kaepernick, Heinz ketchup, Kathy Griffin, etc. etc etc.

And the American conservative movement at its very core and from the very beginning is cancel culture writ large. Their entire existence hinges on their need for exclusion. Growing up in the 80s and 90s I learned to hate Republicans for this very reason. They were always coming after the music I listened to, my black and Latino friends, my LGBTQ friends, the games I played and me personally for my non-Christian beliefs. Before I knew much about politics in general even when I was about 12-ish I just kind of knew "white pastor-looking guy yelling on TV screen wants my favorite album off the shelf and my gay friends dead". It's just now that "Nazis can gently caress off" is a popular position Republicans all of a sudden have a problem with boycotting.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

BiggerBoat posted:

Say what, now? I think I missed this one.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

GutBomb posted:

Say what, now? I think I missed this one.

iirc John Kerry's wife was an heir to Heinz or something like that so they rolled out an alternative ketchup, 'W'

http://www.wketchup.com/about/

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

PIZZA.BAT posted:

iirc John Kerry's wife was an heir to Heinz or something like that so they rolled out an alternative ketchup, 'W'

http://www.wketchup.com/about/

Well with modern web design like that you can really see the success that their ketchup brand has gathered in the past 17 years.

Edit: hahahahha the homepage redirects to communistsforkerry.com

Yeah noted pinko whack-job John Kerry.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Well with modern web design like that you can really see the success that their ketchup brand has gathered in the past 17 years.

Edit: hahahahha the homepage redirects to communistsforkerry.com

Well you see he protested the Vietnam War after fighting over there so clearly he was brainwashed by Communism.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

One of the most uplifting recent political news was finding out that smiling dipshit wearing the band aid with a purple heart drawn on it on her cheek at the 2004 RNC is dead.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

GutBomb posted:

You didn't hear? He had the most liberal voting record of all time when he ran. Then it was Obama. Then Hillary. Biden. I can't think of a more radical, far left group of people.

The conservative right also had a real hard on for Kerry because he had the audacity to maybe sorta publicly suggest that the Vietnam war might have had some bad ideas behind it, and in some small ways, was rather hosed up. Here, have a photo shopped image of Kerry with Jane Fonda (speaking of cancel culture) if you want to see how radical he was.

tek79 posted:

And the American conservative movement at its very core and from the very beginning is cancel culture writ large. Their entire existence hinges on their need for exclusion. Growing up in the 80s and 90s I learned to hate Republicans for this very reason. They were always coming after the music I listened to, my black and Latino friends, my LGBTQ friends, the games I played and me personally for my non-Christian beliefs. Before I knew much about politics in general even when I was about 12-ish I just kind of knew "white pastor-looking guy yelling on TV screen wants my favorite album off the shelf and my gay friends dead". It's just now that "Nazis can gently caress off" is a popular position Republicans all of a sudden have a problem with boycotting.

Man, this is really on point. I thought about the music/games censorship thing too but that was pretty bipartisan and spearheaded by Tipper Gore and the video games issue was led by Joe Leiberman. A better example might be Dungeons & Dragons, which got a lot of Christians in a snit.

I'm pretty old and can remember a poo poo ton of pearl clutching "cancel culture" over the years. Just off the top of my head, you have Nike, the NFL, Starbucks (xmas cups), Rosie O'Donnell, Kellogg's cereal, Keurig, Ben & Jerry's, Colin Kaepernick, Harry Potter (witchcraft), WalMart (happy holidays), NBA, Google (biased search engines), Facebook, Target (gender neutral bathrooms), public schools, Ward Churchill (america is not blameless for 9/11) and Beyonce (song about police brutality). The disgusting poo poo they pull with David Hogg.

I could really go on. And on. Lately, I've heard some fuss about the Dallas Mavericks for not playing the anthem before games. I didn't even mention anyone who opposed the Iraq war way back besides the Dixie Chicks.

These people practically loving invented cancel culture. -- the death penalty being the most extreme example when you think about it -- and the conservative mindset in general seems largely centered around it, like you said.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You forgot when they canceled the nation of France

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Freedom fries.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

And Muhammad Ali. Talk about loving cancelling someone.

Really cancelled the poo poo out of MLK as well now that I think about it.

I know those are not on the level of "I can't post on Twitter, say racist poo poo on FB, read my Dr. Suess books or have to read a disclaimer before watching the Muppets" but they're still worth mentioning.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

nine-gear crow posted:

MSNBC is now the #1 most watched cable news network in America, and Rachel Maddow is #1 the most watch cable news show two months running now, absolutely loving dummying both Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson by a factor of like 2 million viewers now.

I'm not American so let me ask, do posters think this is backlash against the January 6th riots specifically or simply a lot of viewers wanting to watch the 'winning team' ( whereas Fox would be the winning team had Trump won a second term)?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Another Bill posted:

I'm not American so let me ask, do posters think this is backlash against the January 6th riots specifically or simply a lot of viewers wanting to watch the 'winning team' ( whereas Fox would be the winning team had Trump won a second term)?

Fox has been in the #1 slot for a long time now. I think going back into the Bush admin years. This is a pretty significant shift. How much of it is people getting disgusted with them and how much of it is people feeling like they don't worship Trump enough is something yet to be figured out though.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Fox has been in the #1 slot for a long time now. I think going back into the Bush admin years. This is a pretty significant shift. How much of it is people getting disgusted with them and how much of it is people feeling like they don't worship Trump enough is something yet to be figured out though.

I assumed it was the latter but maybe that's because I spend too much time hate-reading Patriots.win (nee TheDonald).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PIZZA.BAT posted:

OANN and Newsmax have seen comparable ratings spikes as Fox has plunged, but I think that only accounts for like a third of Fox's hemorrhaging. It seems like it's a three way split between pendulum swingers going to MSMBC and CNN, people just turning off their TVs and not going anywhere else, and the hardliner wackadoodles scrambling to find an even purer source of TRUMO because Fox News just doesn't get them high anymore.