Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Communist Thoughts posted:

I want a vaccine :(

I checked and it turns out that I am "extremely unimportant" and "literally the last person on our list, and someone has circled your name in red and put three handwritten question marks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Boohoo brexit just hit me personally:

I get these little milk pot things - they're long-life individual creamy milk things (20 little pots for 99p in Home Bargains) that I keep in to add to longlife fruit pot or if I have run out of milk and need to add to coffee in a morning before shopping, or if I am going to be away and don't want to open a new litre packet of milk.

I had a stash in my emergency supplies but I'm now down to the last 4 and have been searching high and low for them in local shops. Just found out they're not currently available because they are made in Dublin :(
I got a big box of these from Costco if you have one available. In fact, the last box of these I got has been sitting in my office desk drawer for nearly a year now so I wonder how that’s going.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I have a noodle box from the Chinese supermarket in my office desk draw bbf July 2016. Probably still fine, I'm keeping it for the day I have to work over new year and everything is shut.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it's okay to say it's part of your zombie apocalypse survival kit, you're among friends here :zombie:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

TACD posted:

I got a big box of these from Costco if you have one available. In fact, the last box of these I got has been sitting in my office desk drawer for nearly a year now so I wonder how that’s going.

I think you now have mini pots of cheese in your desk.
We don't have a Costco anywhere near or accessible on the limited public transport these days :(
I'll look at a couple of whatevil's suggestions later.
(Just that at 3am this was the first actual Brexit thing that affected me directly.)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
cheers smithers

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1364822501939937280?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
People leaving vaccine centres within minutes - I thought people were being kept for 15 mins after vaccination incase of bad reaction?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

People leaving vaccine centres within minutes - I thought people were being kept for 15 mins after vaccination incase of bad reaction?

Given the circumstances they might just ask you to wait in the car.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My wife got told to sit in the car for five minutes, my dad for fifteen. Neither of them were "kept in" and both left of their own volition after sitting there for a bit.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

CancerCakes posted:

I have a noodle box from the Chinese supermarket in my office desk draw bbf July 2016. Probably still fine, I'm keeping it for the day I have to work over new year and everything is shut.

Wish I had a Chinese supermarket in my office desk drawer, sounds pretty convenient.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i had to do the 15 minutes wait. there was a nurse at a desk and about 10 of us on chairs spread out in a huge cubicle thing. it felt like i was doing a very short and easy exam

although i think i failed it because i started making chitchat with the nurse

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Communist Thoughts posted:

I want a vaccine :(

:same:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

although i think i failed it because i started making chitchat with the nurse
Sounds like you passed. It's only if your throat closes up that you fail.

This is actually his 5D chess masterstroke to ruin the country so that he can step in and not do anything.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

still can't quite believe that this is actually happening lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA1SxZoFmOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao if the only thing he defeats the government on is not raising corporation tax. The perfect legacy

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
It's just so loving baffling because even boomers thing inequality is bad and want the rich to be taxed more

This is just him grovelling at the feet of capital going PLEASE LOVE ME PLEAAAASE PLEEEEEEEEEEASE

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

ah yes, the slightly left wing party.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Keith just loving carrying a printer for Lloyds

Buying Barrett's bathwater are replying OMG Ur so cute!!! to every one of their posts

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I would say this is a very open acknowledgement that they have no members. This is courting the corporate backers to replace the lost membership.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The nurse asked me how I got to the clinic. As I walked, (I literally live opposite) she said I was fine to go straight home but I shouldn't try to come back if I started experiencing anaphylaxis.

If I said I'd driven I'm sure she would have asked me to wait instead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1364914297223188483?s=19

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:yikes:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

They asked if I was driving myself home and when I said no they just let me leave.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Maugrim posted:

Been wondering this myself - where are all you super informed people who can reliably determine which councillors are good or bad getting your info from?

In my case local FB groups and to a lesser extent Twitter; the local papers website isn't too bad if you can cope with all the fluff.

Of course sometimes it blows up so bad it gets into the national papers and *still* nothing happens. The naked corruption of the Westferry deal is the sort of thing we sanction other countries for, and yet it barely even gets a mention.

This, more than anything, is what's driving me away from politics. We can all point and say AHA, TORY DID BAD THING and nothing happens. At least with Corbyn about there was a vague chance there might be a better way, but that beige oval office supposedly in charge of opposing the government is such a lapdog that he'd probably sack anyone in the party trying to stop the Tories ripping the wiring out of the walls at Southside. Also the next person that says anything, anything at all, is "not something to play politics over" - or even worse "too important" for politics - is going to get a copy of the 1945 Labour manifesto shoved so far up their arse they'll be able to taste the ink.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Another entry in the vast ledger of "poo poo that doesn't actually accomplish anything, but the people doing it will feel good about themselves"

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1364902985231392768

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Barry Foster posted:

still can't quite believe that this is actually happening lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA1SxZoFmOU

I will sell my house and give all of the money directly to the first politician to stand up in the House of Commons and say "Yes it's true, Kier Starmer has no dick".

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

20 points ahead. Of the Lib Dems.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

You fail the nurse test if your eyes pop out and your tongue rolls out like a carpet like a Tex Avery cartoon

Umbra Dubium posted:

The nurse asked me how I got to the clinic. As I walked, (I literally live opposite) she said I was fine to go straight home but I shouldn't try to come back if I started experiencing anaphylaxis.

If I said I'd driven I'm sure she would have asked me to wait instead.

Lol I like the interpretation here of "if you experience anaphylaxis, you're on your own buddy

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

This is actually how you get into the Trilateral Commission.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I told the nurse I drove to the vaccination centre in my Bugatti, and she told me to meet her out back for 15 minutes.

Back of the net!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1CFoNovag

Basically I feel about the current Labour Party the way Bill Hicks felt about 80s pop bands. The title of the bit should be all the NWS/content warning you need.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1CFoNovag

Basically I feel about the current Labour Party the way Bill Hicks felt about 80s pop bands. The title of the bit should be all the NWS/content warning you need.

Bill Hicks loving sucks

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pesky Splinter posted:

Another entry in the vast ledger of "poo poo that doesn't actually accomplish anything, but the people doing it will feel good about themselves"

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1364902985231392768
Getting strong vibes of all the "we're collecting crisp packets/bottle tops/ring pulls to buy a wheelchair/medical device" chain emails.

The first time I heard one of those was in primary school and the teachers went all in on it and then had to break it to us that it was made up and they didn't know why, and every time since it has always also been made up.

I always tried to challenge them in the most positive way, like "I'm fairly sure this isn't right but I'd be happy to donate a few quid to [fund that actually does that]" but that seems to get a worse reaction than "lol this is a scam and a huge waste of everyone's time".

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1364918207480537091?s=19

:stonk:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
man Alex Jones used to be much funnier lol

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Guavanaut posted:

Getting strong vibes of all the "we're collecting crisp packets/bottle tops/ring pulls to buy a wheelchair/medical device" chain emails.

The first time I heard one of those was in primary school and the teachers went all in on it and then had to break it to us that it was made up and they didn't know why, and every time since it has always also been made up.

I always tried to challenge them in the most positive way, like "I'm fairly sure this isn't right but I'd be happy to donate a few quid to [fund that actually does that]" but that seems to get a worse reaction than "lol this is a scam and a huge waste of everyone's time".

Love to make myself feel good by getting the homeless to sleep under literal refuse in my completely normal country

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

gently caress.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you want free waterproof items then every time supermarkets change their car park banners they just get thrown out despite being made of perfectly good tarpaulin. Much better than stitching together crisp packets. They make decent groundsheets/covers for things.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Feb 25, 2021

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

not blotchy enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

OwlFancier posted:

If you want free waterproof items then every time supermarkets change their car park banners they just get thrown out despite being made of perfectly good tarpaulin. Much better than stitching together crisp packets.
*nods sagely whilst writing the words "STEAL poo poo" in a notepad, double underlined*