Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Harminoff posted:

If you are looking for a better tool visually, I've really been enjoying messing with https://optionstrat.com/

this is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
I'm finally back in the green on APHA, it looks like weed stocks might be popping off again too, if you're looking for awful YOLO bets.

Also gimme 81.17 on the GME pool

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.
88 on the gme polll

Dorstein
Dec 8, 2000
GIP VSO

MSB3000 posted:

GME at opening tomorrow: somewhere between $20 and $600

How much is that iron condor worth?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
SNDL blew up after hours so I might get my memebux back tomorrow

Baddog
May 12, 2001

pseudorandom posted:

Are the maximum loses explained here actually the absolute worst case limit? You are guaranteed to always make or lose some quantity of money within the calculated limits, there are no ways the planets could line up causing you to lose more than the calculated max?

I recognize this is a very dumb question, because the risks are clearly spelled out in these videos, but selling options still scares me so I'd like some reassurance. Like, I know it lowers your potential gains, but it surprises me so many people lose all of their money when there are methods like this to protect yourself.

I haven't watched the videos to be 100% sure they aren't saying something ridiculously wrong, but yes there are maximum losses in spread strategies - unless you do something crazy like sell the long part of the spread that is protecting you first and the equity swings against you before you close the remainder.

Depending on your broker there might be a lot of guidance before you enter a trade to make sure you aren't completely loving up and having a senior moment. Etrade gives you a little graph, says the max risk, expected return, the ratio, etc.

Tomorrow might be a time to bust out some sort of absurdly wide "iron condor" to take advantage of the volatility, which is fun cus you do all four possible actions (buy/sell call/put) at different strikes. Something like "buy put at 10, sell put at 20, sell call at 700, buy call at 800". Your net risk would be capped at 10 and 800 (a big loss on the 800+ side).

Should practice first. Getting an introduction by trying to live trade options on gamestop tomorrow is not recommended.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
$666 on GME. :devil:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

GME $30

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Give me GME for 333 Bob

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
GME ends the week at $72.38.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

getting mad FOMO on gme but im just clinging to my AMC hoping it goes above my buy price again so i can finally be loving rid of it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

also what the gently caress is after hours
i know what it IS but for me when the market closes the line goes nowhere so idk what the gently caress you're all seeing

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
It's for the ruling classes, don't concern yourself fellow peasant.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
GME @ 355.75 on Friday

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...
GME will be at $10,000 - the gamma neutrino short squeeze anti-ladder attack is upon us

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
time to read wsb and absorb all the theories about GME catalysts being these next couple days as I ready up to purchase GME at open at market price and on margin ..again

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
https://twitter.com/KjetillStjerne/status/1364764275584212999?s=19

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Make sure to push the ladders off the walls when Melvin Capital begins their attack tomorrow.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Would you like to peruse my wares?
Sold the rest of my gme for 140.5 right before vanguard ah closed. I'll buy back in at 20-40 when it inevitably crashes again.

Orac
May 7, 2006

err posted:

Make sure to push the ladders off the walls when Melvin Capital begins their attack tomorrow.

I hear they only have short ladders anyway.

This has already hit the mainstream news so I have no plans to gently caress about with GME today, it's going to start on an extreme high imo. May end up regretting it.

Wouldn't be surprised if Robinhood et al close off purchasing again. Probably going to pick some up when it crashes out again as I have no belief this stupid roller-coaster will end any time soon.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Orac posted:

I hear they only have short ladders anyway.

This has already hit the mainstream news so I have no plans to gently caress about with GME today, it's going to start on an extreme high imo. May end up regretting it.

Wouldn't be surprised if Robinhood et al close off purchasing again. Probably going to pick some up when it crashes out again as I have no belief this stupid roller-coaster will end any time soon.

Yeah, I just checked Frankfurt prices then checked all the YouTube videos on last night's action before leaving for work.

Gonna throw another 2k at it I think. What the hell. If it's till going on tomorrow I may even gently caress around with a bit of day trading if it's still super volatile.

Zerstorung
Jun 27, 2008
Had an inkling this would happen.
All the new retail investors have no idea what they're doing, so they just followed the hype train.
GME->AMC->SLV->DOGE->Weedstocks->ARK->???

Ran out of pump&dumps to chase they just went back to GME by default.
Cycle's going to be way faster this time around because everyone knows the song by now.

Zerstorung fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Feb 25, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zerstorung posted:

All the new retail investors have no idea what they're doing, so they just followed the hype train.

They should hit Palantir

Orac
May 7, 2006

Zerstorung posted:

This is definitely a thing but it goes beyond that for GME. For every thread on WSB about other stocks theres always been three for GME and every thread is invaded by people swearing they'll never sell. It's a stock cult at this point.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Orac posted:

This is definitely a thing but it goes beyond that for GME. For every thread on WSB about other stocks theres always been three for GME and every thread is invaded by people swearing they'll never sell. It's a stock cult at this point.

Question is, are people going to be holding more bags this time or have they learned a little since then.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
$42.0

Eric Cantonese posted:

Everything feels so frothy that I really dread when actual reality finally gets its say.

It kinda makes sense when you consider how low interest rates are. If you need to get a certain return to survive (retirees) or justify your fees (hedge funds) you have no choice but to buy shares. A chart of P/E over time probably looks scary but it' probably not so bad if you adjust it for the prevailing interest rate.

I feel like we're possibly at a point where interest rates can't actually be increased because of the instant damage it would do to the share market and the knock on effect that has on the rest of the economy.

That said, I'll be watching bonds pretty closely and if it looks like there might be some movement towards normality I'll dump a lot of my holdings.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
No idea what's gonna happen with gme today, looks bad premarket. I have a feeling sndl and tlry might be the better play today, but not enough to put money on it. Sitting out today unless some spacs sell off a bit more (looking at you twct, cpuh and srng.)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
re ARK-chat - I've got a small amount of ARKF and ARKW, I still like the look of ARKF's holdings but the various earlier posts about the company make me a little concerned about governance risk. I'll be dumping ARKW sooner rather than later, I always saw it as a bit of a yolo but governance issues on top of risky meme stocks is a bit much for me.

The $500 I threw at MOON is down 12% but my gut feeling is that over the next few weeks people will start to forget about the inflation issue and move back into speculative poo poo, and Direxion doesn't have the same problems ARK does (that I know of)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m going to regret this GME buy

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

GME is stock Qanon

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Pre-market on GME is insane right now.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
the MACD doesnt know what to make of this

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

a good day to repost this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/...web2x&context=3

quote:

WSB's power users are younger finance bros. It's 30-something investment bankers and portfolio managers memeing with each other and cosplaying as "autists."

If you didn't know what a gamma squeeze was 48 hours ago, you are their exit strategy and the down payment on their next Porsche.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

They should hit Palantir

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Stock Trading Thread : 'Would you like to play a GME?'

Orac
May 7, 2006

Looks down on pre market, they probably sold off pltr to buy gme lol. Might be worth picking some up.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

shares outstanding of AMC on 9/30/2020: 108m. price of AMC 9/30: 4.9. shares today, 339m. price today, 10+

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Orac posted:

Looks down on pre market, they probably sold off pltr to buy gme lol. Might be worth picking some up.

I've fallen for that twice now. I'm not doing it again. :laffo:

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
What is the next stock reddit will pump in the meme cycle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
$420.70 if I'm not too late