Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
https://mobile.twitter.com/quarantinefras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's really happening

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/frasier-revival-kelsey-grammer-paramount-plus-1234914269/

quote:

The “Frasier” revival has officially been ordered at Paramount Plus.

Original series star Kelsey Grammer will return in the title role in addition to executive producing. Chris Harris and Joe Cristalli will serve as writers and executive producers, with Grammnet Productions’ Tom Russo and Jordan McMahon also executive producing. The series will be produced by CBS Studios in association with Grammnet Productions, exclusively for Paramount+. The announcement was made as part of ViacomCBS’ investor day presentation on Wednesday.

“Having spent over 20 years of my creative life on the Paramount lot, both producing shows and performing in several, I’d like to congratulate Paramount+ on its entry into the streaming world,” said Grammer. “I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr. Frasier Crane.”

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the monkey's paw curls...

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Mercy!

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
"The series also starred David Hyde Pierce, Jane Leeves, and Peri Gilpin, none of whom are currently attached to the revival."

:(

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Zachary Quinto will play Young Niles

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This is the kind of trainwreck project that I can see lasting one miserable season before it gets the axe.

Or maybe it'll be amazing, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The deck is certainly stacked against this being good, because basically it will have to not actually be like Frasier to be good.

Laugh tracks are a thing that I'm glad are dead, but I still don't know if Frasier works without one. They really can't use one this time though.

It's probably good that they don't have the entire cast signed on yet because bringing back all the old characters would probably suck. Their stories are done. (They do need to make some cameos though.) But then, what will they be doing here that they couldn't do with a totally new show instead?

TBH I think I actually want them to have Frasier and Charlotte be married. Who needs more sadbrains Frasier at this point? We're all smart enough to know that relationship could've ended badly, but just let him have it at this point, it would be a change of pace.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

One season of Frasier burning down police stations from his base of operations in the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Martytoof posted:

This is the kind of trainwreck project that I can see lasting one miserable season before it gets the axe.

Or maybe it'll be amazing, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Hire Michaela Coel to play a geordie, but only if she can demonstrate that she absolutely cannot do a geordie accent.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I thought Boss was the next chapter in Frasier, barfly-->radio psychiatrist-->evil mayor

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Breakfast Bad

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It's going to be something stupid like Frasier now owns a radio station in Chicago and has to deal with the foibles of his millennial employees OH MY

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasier Crane: conservative radio personality.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

if they don't get david hyde pierce back as a regular cast member i'm writing my congressman a strongly worded letter

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Sounds bad. But maybe we'll finally get Teriyaki Hairpiece's dream episode about oiled bald head rubbin'

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Just make it about Frasier and Niles living in a retirement home, bitterly snarking at each other over who needed the most pills that day.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
I hear that over in Diamond they get Gold pills instead of the ones we get

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

we went over this: frasier now lives with freddy who's become a cop, and frasier feels like he doesn't belong there because they live in a regular rear end house and the most expensive thing they have in it is frasier's high end, 15th century french renaissance sitting chair

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Exactly, if it focuses on his and Freddy's relationship the same way it did for him and his dad and just randomly have Niles and Daphne mentioned or pop in as guest stars it can still work. I've got hope! Putting those good vibes out there for this!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Martytoof posted:

It's going to be something stupid like Frasier now owns a radio station in Chicago and has to deal with the foibles of his millennial employees OH MY

it still blows my mind that kelsey grammer was only 29 when he first appeared on cheers

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Laterite posted:

it still blows my mind that kelsey grammer was only 29 when he first appeared on cheers

If CBS/Paramount/Viacom is going in on revivals, where's the Cheers revival. It would most likely suck but I can guarantee it would get them subscribers.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 25, 2021

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

You seem a bit confused

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Royal Updog posted:

You seem a bit confused

Why is that?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Why is that?

for starters cheers is nbc

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
No Niles to play off? Thats sad.

Revival Frasier is married and living in a classy suburb where he enjoys retirement and doing his podcast.

But one day new neighbours move in, and the fun begins when they come over and introduce their son Dennis.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rockman Reserve posted:

for starters cheers is nbc

It aired on NBC but it’s a ViacomCBS owned property, same as Frasier.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Neo-Frasier gets cancelled after two episodes when Grammer aggressively insists that there's a space needle in his pants

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Royal Updog posted:

You seem a bit confused

Well, maybe; but I've got you pegged!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Kirby could be Frasier's intern again, still living in Jean Smart's basement as a disaffected millenial. I liked Kirby and the dynamic they had.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Frasier regenerates like The Doctor

Idris Elba Frasier Crane?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Grammnet

PerilPastry posted:

"The series also starred David Hyde Pierce, Jane Leeves, and Peri Gilpin, none of whom are currently attached to the revival."

:(

gently caress, dude!

However I'm down to watch if it's just Frasier and Cam Winston living together in an odd couple type scenario. The conflict is not that they are too different, but rather so similar! I'm laughing already!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Laterite posted:

Kirby could be Frasier's intern again, still living in Jean Smart's basement as a disaffected millenial. I liked Kirby and the dynamic they had.

Isn't Kirby just one of those Logan Paul people

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I guess the problem I have with this new series is Gram-Grams sole involvement. They have all these stories about how he was hosed up for most tapings of Frasier episodes, and how he was still the consummate professional. He'd spring up from a catatonic state and deliver his lines just right. They kept him corralled.

But now this show is going to be only him and he's going to have a big function in the running and direction of it. I love the guy but let's be honest, Kelsey Grammer is an rear end in a top hat. He'd do better in a controlled environment with no editorial control.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

god drat it lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

But now this show is going to be only him and he's going to have a big function in the running and direction of it. I love the guy but let's be honest, Kelsey Grammer is an rear end in a top hat. He'd do better in a controlled environment with no editorial control.

What if we get the hosed up show where he's a bedridden paraplegic millionaire

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

What if we get the hosed up show where he's a bedridden paraplegic millionaire

He's going to be basically 70. Frasier the character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Just remake One Foot in the Grave. Couldn't be worse than the Cosby version.