Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Cugel the Clever posted:

They've also actively impeded efforts to provide the vaccines to Palestinians.

From Doctors Without Borders:

Thanks for then credible sources showing Israel is failing it's obligations under the Oslo Accords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Soylent Pudding posted:

Thanks for then credible sources showing Israel is failing it's obligations under the Oslo Accords.

Its also dark comedy, since Israeli is arguing in favor of a one state solution, but in carrying out their vaccination program make it apparent they'd never honor those people's rights in a one state solution.

Two state or no state.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

facialimpediment posted:

There's a huge media disconnect right now where there's an absolute ton of doomer poo poo stories about variants that will kill us all. Meanwhile, the gold-standard vaccines kick the rear end of all variants and the slightly-less-good vaccines still kick it into being unpleasant instead of deadly. Very clear at this point that the poo poo works, especially citing the studies in Israel.

The doomer poo poo isn't warranted anymore. Not hard to see a pandemic end from here, though pretty clear that summer can't get here fast enough.

Germany is currently experiencing the first proper punch of the British variant, and I'm absolutely dreading the fact that it could undo all our efforts to keep the new-infection graph on a downward trend.
We're only up to administering around 150k doses per day (partially due to the government's fuckup in the initial negotiations with vaccine suppliers/the EU, partially to the US and UK loving with the supply chain because nationalism), so while the upside is that we've now vaccinated 2 million of of our most-likely-to-die and most-likely-to-come-in-contact-while-caring-for-the-former folks, it still only seems like a drop in the bucket since it's almost March.

:negative:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
it's too bad Israel can't be held accountable since it has to be the way it is for the rapture :(

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

maffew buildings posted:

it's too bad Israel can't be held accountable since it has to be the way it is for the rapture :(

American evangelicals probably have done more to prop up the Israeli right than the second intafada.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Soylent Pudding posted:

Though it is hosed morally and practically that Israel doesn't yet have a program to vaccinate Palpatine residents who work in Israel.

You will find that it is you who are mistaken about a great many things.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

piL posted:

As of a week ago the Israeli vaccine program only applies to Palestinian residents but not guest workers.

BBC posted:

There have been calls to give jabs to the thousands of Palestinian workers who cross into Israel for work, including a significant number in the construction industry, who have been cut off by lockdown restrictions.

Around 133,000 Palestinians work in Israel and its settlements in the West Bank, according to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics.

Most cross over to Israel from the West Bank on a daily basis.

"I think it is logical that we vaccinate the Israeli people and also the Palestinians at least that are working with us," Raul Srugo, president of the Israel Builders Association, told the BBC.
https://www.bbc.com/news/55800921

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Generation Internet posted:

Seeing Americans talking about the vaccine is depressing. It was always going to be this way with the entire population of the world essentially needing it, but it still sucks.

Ontario is in canada.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

CommieGIR posted:

Its also dark comedy, since Israeli is arguing in favor of a one state solution, but in carrying out their vaccination program make it apparent they'd never honor those people's rights in a one state solution.

Two state or no state.

Palestinians have a much higher birth rate and would outnumber Jewish Israelis sooner or later (or even do already) in a one state solution.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

Former President Donald Trump’s tax returns and underlying tax documents are now in the hands of Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance.

The subpoena for Trump’s tax documents from Mazars USA was enforced on Monday and Vance’s office now has them, a spokesperson for Vance’s office, Danny Frost, told NBC News on Thursday.

The subpoena was enforced after the Supreme Court declined on Monday to stop their production following an emergency application from Trump’s attorneys.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/manhattan-d-vance-possession-trump-s-taxes-n1258834

:sickos:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

lightpole posted:

Palestinians have a much higher birth rate and would outnumber Jewish Israelis sooner or later (or even do already) in a one state solution.

And? Israel is in control of territory where it has administrative authority over millions of what are effectively second class citizens based on ethnic and religious lines. Either it needs to integrate Palestinians as full citizens or gently caress off entirely. The current apartheid approach is morally unacceptable.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

lightpole posted:

guess they shouldn't have been such loving monsters to the palestinians!

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976?s=20

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

And? Israel is in control of territory where it has administrative authority over millions of what are effectively second class citizens based on ethnic and religious lines. Either it needs to integrate Palestinians as full citizens or gently caress off entirely. The current apartheid approach is morally unacceptable.

I'm agreeing with you. The only way to maintain a Jewish state is to maintain a form of apartheid. This solution is the best one for them since Hamas/Fatah are terrible political parties and their incompetence provides a fig leaf justification for the status quo. This has always been obvious.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

RFC2324 posted:

Ontario is in canada.

For now

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Just 38 more years, then Canada is ours.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

lightpole posted:

Given the downright draconian poo poo that the Israeli Government does: Why do you think that would be allowed to continue?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CommieGIR posted:

Given the downright draconian poo poo that the Israeli Government does: Why do you think that would be allowed to continue?

Hasn't the israeli government already been caught giving birth control to girls who didn't want it?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

lightpole posted:

I'm agreeing with you. The only way to maintain a Jewish state is to maintain a form of apartheid. This solution is the best one for them since Hamas/Fatah are terrible political parties and their incompetence provides a fig leaf justification for the status quo. This has always been obvious.

I don't think you are agreeing. If Israel wants to maintain control over territory annexed in 1967, the people there need to be given full Israeli citizenship. Otherwise grant sovereignty to the residents there.

The birth rate of Palestinians and their internal politics are irrelevant to the conversation. There is no justification for apartheid and colonization.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The birth rate of Palestinians and their internal politics are irrelevant to the conversation. There is no justification for apartheid and colonization.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

Hasn't the israeli government already been caught giving birth control to girls who didn't want it?

I mean, if we're doing it, I can practically guarantee the Israeli's are sterilizing Palestinian prisoners. They've already been caught giving birth control shots to Black Ethiopian Jews.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/eliseknutsen/2013/01/28/israel-foribly-injected-african-immigrant-women-with-birth-control/?sh=cf3649767b88

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Speaking of vaccines, I'm on the list!! I have to call Monday morning to schedule my shot, but I'm getting one!!!!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1364889529472147457?s=21

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I don't think you are agreeing. If Israel wants to maintain control over territory annexed in 1967, the people there need to be given full Israeli citizenship. Otherwise grant sovereignty to the residents there.

Those were statements, not a position. My position would be the same as yours. Isreal has trapped themselves to where the status quo is the only possible solution to maintain their Jewish state. Any change forces them into a position that would bring about international opprobrium if they try to save it. Palestinian internal politics also has its part in maintaining the status quo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

piL posted:

lmao, nice

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

lightpole posted:

Those were statements, not a position. My position would be the same as yours. Isreal has trapped themselves to where the status quo is the only possible solution to maintain their Jewish state. Any change forces them into a position that would bring about international opprobrium if they try to save it. Palestinian internal politics also has its part in maintaining the status quo.

Maintaining a majority religion or ethnicity in a state is not an ethical thing to prioritize.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Maintaining a majority religion or ethnicity in a state is not an ethical thing to prioritize.

He's saying that's what they're doing, not that it's right. I think the original post was suggesting that the Israelis would lose control of the government in future elections because they'd soon be outnumbered by Palestinians. Which scares the Israelis enough that they'd never agree to it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/PlainSite/status/1363991962055962627?s=09

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Whaaaaaat

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Space: Brought to you by the Cartels.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Archer loving warned us.

Oh yeah and Chapo I'm sure would have no problem getting someone choked out in a New York prison without the cops seeing anything.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 25, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CommieGIR posted:

Space: Brought to you by the Cartel Jrs.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So the makers of Mr. Potato Head are dropping the Mr. (and the Mrs.) so they can include all the parts in one box and sell more. So, cue the outrage and this cursed image:

https://twitter.com/duncan_colton/status/1365046763577626632

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pour out some syrup? That's just wrong.

Sour cream and chives, man. Potatoes and syrup just sounds weird.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Buy real maple syrup instead of that fake poo poo

Edit: maple syrup is delicious with a lot of stuff. Bacon, breakfast sausages, lots of other stuff I can't think of

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Potatoes and syrup just sounds weird.

You are very desperate to be incorrect you said this out loud. Roast potatoes and syrup are a magical breakfast combination.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Can't wait for the Land O' Lakes lady to do the Ben Shapiro-Steven Crowder-Joe Rogan I WAS CANCELED circuit.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

:hmmyes:

My prefers the sugar free stuff. Baffling. Oh well, more for me.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

So the makers of Mr. Potato Head are dropping the Mr. (and the Mrs.) so they can include all the parts in one box and sell more. So, cue the outrage and this cursed image:

https://twitter.com/duncan_colton/status/1365046763577626632

It turns out they’re just dropping it from the branding, Mr and Mrs will still be distinct products and Mrs Potato Head comes with one fewer part:

https://twitter.com/Hasbro/status/1365038178814590995?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Edit: maple syrup is delicious with a lot of stuff. Bacon, breakfast sausages, lots of other stuff I can't think of

Dark, robust

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

RFC2324 posted:

Ontario is in canada.

Should have been more specific, I'm in Ontario.

I'm feeling helpless that we're completely reliant on vaccine exports while the US is able to manufacture domestically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Midjack posted:

It turns out they’re just dropping it from the branding, Mr and Mrs will still be distinct products and Mrs Potato Head comes with one fewer part:

It's kind of nice that we still have the really stupid, rapidly expiring culture war poo poo, but the stakes are so dramatically lower without someone in the White House actually listening to them.