Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
With all the wild poo poo they've done with Moon Knight since, are people still hoping for an adaptation of his ultra violent run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I just want them to let Oscar Isaac get a chance to shine.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

With all the wild poo poo they've done with Moon Knight since, are people still hoping for an adaptation of his ultra violent run?

It's absolutely gonna lean hard into the mental illness/split personality thing harder then "completely justified" vigilante street violence thing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think it's going to lean very hard into both the mental health aspects of the character and in Egyptology and mysteriousness surrounding his powers. I seriously doubt it's going to try and be a "vigilante taking out criminals" style show.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So who wants to place bets on Dottie's importance to WandaVision? Is she a remaining big reveal or a red herring?

I say red herring.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

She's had screen time in only one or two scenes really. If she had some importance I'd have thought they'd use her more by this time.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

X-O posted:

She's had screen time in only one or two scenes really. If she had some importance I'd have thought they'd use her more by this time.
The prevailing arguments in the opposite direction are that Agnes was hyping the poo poo out of her, saying that everything in Westview goes through her, she was the one leading the "For the Children" chants, she was absent from SWORD's big board of real identities, and also Agnes made specific mention of her roses, and while Wanda and Agnes' houses each grow flowers that matches the colors of their magic, Dottie's roses are yellow.

I say red herring too, but that's the theories.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Dottie rumors also come from Emma Caulfield doing an interview where she said that Kevin Feige had to approve her casting.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm thinking Dottie and the other people missing from the board are members of Agatha's coven, but only important in the way the Black Order were to Infinity War. Which is to say, there for extra muscle or to function as a group, but individually without any meaningful impact on the story.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Argue posted:

I'm thinking Dottie and the other people missing from the board are members of Agatha's coven, but only important in the way the Black Order were to Infinity War. Which is to say, there for extra muscle or to function as a group, but individually without any meaningful impact on the story.

Thanks again for reminding me how badly the Black Order was wasted in Infinity War.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I just want more Emma Caulfield on my TV.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Thanks again for reminding me how badly the Black Order was wasted in Infinity War.

tbf they aren't much better off in the comics

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

tbf they aren't much better off in the comics

You could at least tell two of them were married.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1364972515198697480?s=20

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I mean, sure, why not? Makes more sense than the Rubik's Cube Cinematic Universe. :shrug:

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

jng2058 posted:

I mean, sure, why not? Makes more sense than the Rubik's Cube Cinematic Universe. :shrug:

It can join the pile of non-narrative licensed properties that had no business being made alongside Ouija and Battleship

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

jng2058 posted:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I'd say that the majority of people looking for a R rated Moon Knight series are the people who follow the Meme Knight groups who want him to be always looking for Ket and using "Random Bullshit Go!"
And they won't get it.

On the flip side, the people who made Peacemaker into a meme will probably get the John Cena/James Gunn TV series that will be like the memes.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Oho, maybe they'll riff on that Chuckles story where he's deep undercover in Cobra. She was supposed to be an expert in covert ops, I think?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I feel like the people wanting a Moon Knight R rating are just the people who want an R rated Batman and they figure they've got a better chance with a B list Marvel character who's kinda like Batman than with actual Batman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I feel like the people wanting a Moon Knight R rating are just the people who want an R rated Batman and they figure they've got a better chance with a B list Marvel character who's kinda like Batman than with actual Batman.

They're getting an R rated Batman next month.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TwoPair posted:

The next Batman movie is rated R, isn't it?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

The next Batman movie is rated R, isn't it?

If you count Snyder JL as the next one then yes, whoops I forgot. The Batman has not been announced.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I bet it's PG-13, I don't think we're gonna Zendaya's tits and I don't think the film makers really need Pattinson to say "gently caress" more than once and you can really be as violent as you want in PG-13.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

First half of that post made me think you were talking about Spider-Man. I think you meant Zoe Kravitz?

Lol I forgot Zendaya was Barbara

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Arist posted:

First half of that post made me think you were talking about Spider-Man. I think you meant Zoe Kravitz?

Lol I forgot Zendaya was Barbara

She's Selina Kyle.

Edit: gently caress you're right I meant Zoe Kravitz

Neither of them are going topless in the film.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TwoPair posted:

If you count Snyder JL as the next one then yes, whoops I forgot. The Batman has not been announced.

I figured from him brutally beating a man to death in the trailer they we're aiming for an R. Also the last Batman movie, Joker, was also rated R.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Wasn't The Killing Joke rated R?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Maybe they’re adapting James O’Barr’s bootleg outlaw Batman story

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Wasn't The Killing Joke rated R?

It wasn't released in theaters so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an MPAA rating.

It was released in theaters briefly and only in LA and did get an MPAA rating of R.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It was rated r

E: curse your edit!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It was rated R, but it stood for "Regrettable"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Skwirl posted:

It wasn't released in theaters so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an MPAA rating.

It was released in theaters briefly and only in LA and did get an MPAA rating of R.

Still counts!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Still counts!

Yeah, that's why I edited my post.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Having watched Superman & Lois, I liked it, but I completely understand that fired writers issue. Black Lex Luthor, that's fine, spending a good chunk of the episode referencing Superman's black friend from high school but also explicitly writing him out of the episode and giving a good excuse for him never showing up again in the the future, not so much.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

They said it! They said the name!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

bessantj posted:

They said it! They said the name!

It was such a weird line to use as a big dramatic moment right before the credit sequence. It doesn't mean anything to Wanda, and I'm not sure why the audience is supposed to be wowed by it either.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh I loved it. :allears: I've been waiting for the full actual comic book, mutant-born, Chaos Magicking, pointy headdress Scarlet Witch for years. I'd forgotten how much the Whedonization of Wanda had bothered me back in Age of Ultron until this episode showed what I'd been missing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It was such a weird line to use as a big dramatic moment right before the credit sequence. It doesn't mean anything to Wanda, and I'm not sure why the audience is supposed to be wowed by it either.

Seems pretty wowing to me. Apparently Wanda was born as some being with the title of Scarlet Witch. That title is very significant for Agatha and is more than some made up call sign. I can see two reasons for that. Either the Scarlet Witch is part of some old witch prophecy, or she's some sort of everlasting entity which keeps being reborn. Either way, it implies that fate has a lot more in store for Wanda. I don't think she ever perceived herself in such a role.

Remember when Wanda was a Hydra pawn who couldn't really do a lot other than manipulate some thoughts, and wore boring outfits?

I am really incredibly impressed with the way this show mare me care about Wanda and by extend Vision. Those are two characters I did not actually have an opinion of before. I wonder if Falcon and the Winter Soldier will manage the same miracle.

Still most hype for Hawkeye and She-hulk though.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I think most people can tell it's like a prophecy title or some kind of Chosen One thing, which is common in fantasy stories. And a lot of them will be able to infer it's her superhero name as well.