Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

He has fair play tattooed on his knuckles, what more do you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Scratch Monkey posted:

This is the front view of the Nazi mma guy

Still not sure if he’s actually a Nazi. Gonna need more analysis. Don’t want to jump to any premature conclusions

The swastika-swastika. That's what the Red Skull's goons should have used instead of the double-Seig heil.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tiggum posted:

After years of hearing how great this show is, I finally see a clip and discover that it's unwatchable garbage. I couldn't even make it through that ten minute YouTube video. Not only are their jokes terrible, they actually make the thing they're commenting on less funny by talking over it.

You understand it more with the right episode.

I think I lucked out with the first episode I watched being Space Mutiny. It's one of their most popular for good reason: there's some good jokes, solid highlighting of flaws you might not have noticed yourself, and the 'Manly Names' running gag does a good job of keeping momentum going in the stretches where the movie gives them fairly little.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nazi iconography is not pokemon, you do not have to collect the whole set.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Guys, just because he has a Super Swastika and 'Blood and Honor' tattooed means he's a Nazi. You all always jump to conclusions.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Found the idiot on social media!

No Tiggum is right

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

No Tiggum is right
nah, Tiggum exists to be an example.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I've known people who hate MST3K, who say "if I want to riff a movie I can do it myself", etc.

These are people who won't be convinced and if they can't enjoy some simple, innocent fun, I won't try

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Why didn't they go with WikiFeetia

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
OP's not the idiot.

https://twitter.com/magsarion/status/1364902392597151749?s=20

I have so many questions

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Panfilo posted:

Why didn't they go with WikiFeetia

nailed it

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Certain episodes of MST3K are absolute fuckin bangers. Puma Man and the Robert Z'Dar one with the dinosaurs come to mind. But most of them are pretty :shrug: they're alright if you're burning one with your buddies and need something on.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Cleretic posted:

You understand it more with the right episode.

I think I lucked out with the first episode I watched being Space Mutiny. It's one of their most popular for good reason: there's some good jokes, solid highlighting of flaws you might not have noticed yourself, and the 'Manly Names' running gag does a good job of keeping momentum going in the stretches where the movie gives them fairly little.

Mitchell was my first. I'll never forget that experience.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I keep wanting to like MST3K because I really love fan-made written riffs of fanfics, called "MSTs", on a website called The MSTing Mine. However, English is my second language and I suffered so many episodes of MST3K being unable to tell the voices apart. I really have only finished Manos. RiffTrax is better since I can familiarize myself with the movies beforehand.

toanoradian has a new favorite as of 16:11 on Feb 25, 2021

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Silly Newbie posted:

Wait

Transphobes are now admitting that trans men exist and the whole "trans thing" isn't a ploy by creepy men to get into women's bathrooms and dominate women's sports?

Nah I'm just kidding I know they can handle a myriad of contradictory wrong opinions at any given time.

It's just the further integration of TERF rhetoric into regular transphobia. TERF lesbians have always been concerned about butch women being deluded into thinking they're men, and now that mainstream sexual regressives have fully adopted this particular concern-trolling angle to push their repressive agenda, they care too.

Ultimately the radfems were right all along and gender is nothing but a crock of poo poo created to reinforce patriarchy.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Our cup runneth over with idiots, this time it's a *~brand~*

https://twitter.com/McDonalds/status/1362521429259018241

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

This is the front view of the Nazi mma guy

Still not sure if he’s actually a Nazi. Gonna need more analysis. Don’t want to jump to any premature conclusions

He did a really good Richard Spencer impression in that fight at least.

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1364233763207667716

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

CaptainBeefart posted:

Mitchell was my first. I'll never forget that experience.

That really is a good one.

Experiment 910 (the Rowsdower one) is also funny as hell.

But not everything is for everyone.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

An Hacker news posted:

This isn't just planes, this seems to be everything nowadays. Fission was discovered in 1938/1939 and we dropped two bombs on Japan in 1945. No chance we could do something like that in this toxic environment of today.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Everyone's just too loving "woke" to incinerate civilians by the thousands

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Tony Phillips posted:

If some one could loop 37s-40s endlessly onto every public screen on earth, that would be great

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Tony Phillips posted:

:blessed:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tiggum posted:

After years of hearing how great this show is, I finally see a clip and discover that it's unwatchable garbage. I couldn't even make it through that ten minute YouTube video. Not only are their jokes terrible, they actually make the thing they're commenting on less funny by talking over it.

Tiggum, you've said a lot of stupid poo poo on these message boards, but this takes first loving prize.

Agents are GO! has a new favorite as of 19:13 on Feb 25, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tony Phillips posted:

Russian Nazis are even weirder to me than American ones. Does he know how many Russians died to defeat them?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The thing about nazis is they are more than capable of saying "well they had the right idea they just thought the wrong people were on top"

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Tiggum, you've said a lot of stupid poo poo on these message boards, but this takes first loving prize.

Tiggum is right. MST3K has far more misses than hits.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Remember, WW2 was about Germany being uppity, goin around thinking its an empire, not about the holocaust or anything else

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'll add the mst3k guys to the list of favored sa celebrities, along with weird al and roger ebert

Seems to be a bit of a type

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Captain Monkey posted:

Tiggum is right.

1. This is never true.
2. What is wrong with you people?

I am very disappointed in all of you.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

OwlFancier posted:

The thing about nazis is they are more than capable of saying "well they had the right idea they just thought the wrong people were on top"
Maybe a UK thing but I've heard a few of these groups saying things like 'the Nazis would have totally left the UK in peace if not for *certain groups* manipulating the UK into war'

I wouldn't be surprised if Russian Nazis use that logic as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hihohe posted:

Remember, WW2 was about Germany being uppity, goin around thinking its an empire, not about the holocaust or anything else

Trying to conquer all your neighbors for the second time in less than 40 years is a pretty good reason for the rest of the world to band together and fight you on it's own.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Darkhold posted:

Maybe a UK thing but I've heard a few of these groups saying things like 'the Nazis would have totally left the UK in peace if not for *certain groups* manipulating the UK into war'

I wouldn't be surprised if Russian Nazis use that logic as well.

Those "certain groups" being "people who thought we should follow our agreed upon treaties with France that were made within living memory"

Germany also straight up invaded Russia after they made a non-aggression pact with them. Even if everyone in Russia agreed with every single idea behind Nazi Germany, what the gently caress are you supposed to do when that happens?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skulk Hogan posted:

Certain episodes of MST3K are absolute fuckin bangers. Puma Man and the Robert Z'Dar one with the dinosaurs come to mind. But most of them are pretty :shrug: they're alright if you're burning one with your buddies and need something on.
A ton of the movies they watch are so bad by way of being dull that no amount of riffing will make them entertaining. They had to pick mostly from public domain so very often it's just this awful, muddy audio you can't even pull words from, crackling over some badly translated movie shot in a Russian forest in the 1930s with no tangible plot. Some dated monster and sci-fi movies do okay but a ton of their catalog is purely unwatchable tedium nobody could possibly parody hard enough to be funny.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I'm pretty sure they had to pay for rights on a lot of movies, which is why its impossible to get a lot of episodes legitimately.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm pretty sure they had to pay for rights on a lot of movies, which is why its impossible to get a lot of episodes legitimately.

I mean, they published dvds of pretty much every episode, maybe those are prohibitively expensive now, I haven't checked, but for awhile it was pretty easy to get any of them.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Skwirl posted:

Those "certain groups" being "people who thought we should follow our agreed upon treaties with France that were made within living memory"

Germany also straight up invaded Russia after they made a non-aggression pact with them. Even if everyone in Russia agreed with every single idea behind Nazi Germany, what the gently caress are you supposed to do when that happens?
Thing is it's not hard to explain all that way if your answer to everything is *The Jews*. Attacking communist Jew controlled Russia was pretty much self defense at that point. The UK only signed those treaties keeping the pure races down because the Jews tricked them into it. Etc etc. If we only get rid of this one problem all the Nazis will get along just fine.

God I feel so dirty writing that even as an explanation.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Skwirl posted:

I mean, they published dvds of pretty much every episode, maybe those are prohibitively expensive now, I haven't checked, but for awhile it was pretty easy to get any of them.

I should've been more clear, they paid for limited time rights, so as those rights expired, they stopped selling the DVDs. This may have only been an issue with the SciFi Channel era episodes which is when they did their more recent (relatively) films.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Darkhold posted:

Thing is it's not hard to explain all that way if your answer to everything is *The Jews*. Attacking communist Jew controlled Russia was pretty much self defense at that point. The UK only signed those treaties keeping the pure races down because the Jews tricked them into it. Etc etc. If we only get rid of this one problem all the Nazis will get along just fine.

God I feel so dirty writing that even as an explanation.

I suddenly understand where "Stalin did nothing wrong" tankies are coming from