Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Rimusutera posted:

There's other things like cooking stat boosting meals to worry about that are really powerful, gardening for stat boosters, and getting Byleth's ranks up that all matter if you're playing optimally. There's not a point in the game where seminars are ever a reasonable option to do if you care about leveraging the actual resources you have available to you to beat the game.

Unless ones playing on like Normal I guess, in which case everything matters a whole lot less.

I've beaten straight new game maddening, and I was still using seminars by mid-Part 2. At some point, the marginal you gains you get from manually selecting students to meal with to boost motivation or increasing weapon ranks Byleth will use once every couple maps just aren't worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
I'm not talking about mealing with students.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
OK, which one of you wrote that guide?

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Prurient Squid posted:

OK, which one of you wrote that guide?

Does it not say who wrote it?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Rimusutera posted:

There's other things like cooking stat boosting meals to worry about that are really powerful, gardening for stat boosters, and getting Byleth's ranks up that all matter if you're playing optimally. There's not a point in the game where seminars are ever a reasonable option to do if you care about leveraging the actual resources you have available to you to beat the game.

Unless ones playing on like Normal I guess, in which case everything matters a whole lot less.

Even on Hard this really doesn't matter, I've gone three playthroughs without really engaging with the stat boost cooking

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I'm getting a sense of the kind of people who are into Fire Emblem.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
people are just telling you seminars are bad and only good for skipping through the boring monastery parts, why are you getting so pissy

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Wait, y'all don't just drown in flowers and manually maximize everyone's motivation every week?

Anyway, the reason to explore the monastery over everything else isn't motivation, or training, or fishing. It's buying rare ores and hacked Viskams from travelers.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Digital Osmosis posted:

Anyway, the reason to explore the monastery over everything else isn't motivation, or training, or fishing. It's buying rare ores and hacked Viskams from travelers.

This is the truth. Viskam makes every MAG focused character your best character. And gently caress mining monsters for ore, especially Agarthium if you plan on using Edelgard's weapon at all.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Wait, y'all don't just drown in flowers and manually maximize everyone's motivation every week?

It's for getting your Leonie to 65 Dexterity, gently caress the police.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Anyway I just got Lorenz and Claude to support rank A and it's great to see my boys finally getting along. Although it seems like Claude's on the verge of setting up his own religion that worships the bountiful land? You do you I guess?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Natural 20 posted:

It's for getting your Leonie to 65 Dexterity, gently caress the police.

Wait, you can grind stats at the monastery? Did I miss that? Or do you mean you should use your free time to grind battles to get her there?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Digital Osmosis posted:

Wait, you can grind stats at the monastery? Did I miss that? Or do you mean you should use your free time to grind battles to get her there?

You can get stat boosters from gardening

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Zore posted:

You can get stat boosters from gardening

To clarify. You have a near 100% chance to get stat boosters from gardening at max professor level.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Oh yeah, forgot about that. There's no way to get more than one, right? It's like one if you're lucky and zero if not, yeah?

Stat growth this game has been pretty weird and now that I've got the seed merchants again I'm gonna go into it. Hilda is crazy fast, Ashe is swole af, Leonie has dex and basically nothing else.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Oh yeah, forgot about that. There's no way to get more than one, right? It's like one if you're lucky and zero if not, yeah?

Stat growth this game has been pretty weird and now that I've got the seed merchants again I'm gonna go into it. Hilda is crazy fast, Ashe is swole af, Leonie has dex and basically nothing else.

Yeah it's one per gardening session so if you visit the monastery optimally you can usually get 3 per month.

You can also guarantee which one you'll get by picking the correct plant seed colour. So green flowers will give dex for example.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I spent the whole run not caring at all about Marianne and now late on I just did the Paralogue where you find out she's from the cursed Judas bloodline and everyone fears her transforming into a horrifying flesh eating monstrosity. Next time I'm really going to develop Marianne.

e: Actually I'd like to try rubbing Marianne and Bernie together to see what happens.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 25, 2021

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Prurient Squid posted:

I spent the whole run not caring at all about Marianne and now late on I just did the Paralogue where you find out she's from the cursed Judas bloodline and everyone fears her transforming into a horrifying flesh eating monstrosity. Next time I'm really going to develop Marianne.

e: Actually I'd like to try rubbing Marianne and Bernie together to see what happens.

Bernie and Marianne don't have a support unfortunately

what pairs should we have gotten but didn't? It would have been cool to see a full-fledged house leader support for example

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

what pairs should we have gotten but didn't? It would have been cool to see a full-fledged house leader support for example

Balthus and Manuela.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Ferdinand with literally everyone please

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Hapi and Eddy and/or the Bert. Also Lysithea but I don't think Hapi even gives her a nickname.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Jeritza and Manuela for comedy, Jeritza and Edelgard/Hubert for drama.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Carlosologist posted:

Claude and Dorothea
Dorothea and Mercedes
Seteth and Sylvain
Hapi and Everyone
Flayn and Everyone

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 26, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also supporting Hapi, Seteth, Ferdinand and Flayn with everyone, but Seteth and Ferdinand in particular I think would be a dynamite duo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Annette sings, so why doesn't she have supports with Dorothea and Manuela?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Balthus + Raphael
Constance + Manuela
Bernie + everyone

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

AlternateNu posted:

Balthus + Raphael
Constance + Manuela
Bernie + everyone

It's kinda wild that Bernie's A+ support is with Raphael, of all people. It's a weird support chain.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's kinda wild that Bernie's A+ support is with Raphael, of all people. It's a weird support chain.

Bernie should've had an A+ support with Yuri since their A support ends on such an uncomfortable note about her horrible abusive dad.

She also should've had a support chain with Dedue, since he fits the profile of "outwardly intimidating person who's a big softie on the inside" that she has the cutest/funniest supports with (Hubert, Jeritza, Felix, Edelgard, Seteth).

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I would like to see Hilda try her poo poo on Felix. It would go to a B support at best and it would be insufferably annoying from both of them. They're as stubborn as one another though so it would be funny.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

eating only apples posted:

I would like to see Hilda try her poo poo on Felix. It would go to a B support at best and it would be insufferably annoying from both of them. They're as stubborn as one another though so it would be funny.

I mean Felix/Flayn covers remarkably similar ground, except instead of Hilda’s chores he just plays IRL Fruit Ninja

I believe I’ve expressed my desire for Flayn and Lysithea to have one. It’s obviously not possible in the game but I would love to know how Dedue and Claude would interact; ditto Hilda/Edelgard. I wish Annette/Hilda and Sylvain/Hilda had A supports for wildly different reasons. I feel like Hanneman/Catherine might be interesting because the two are almost polar opposites. Ferdie and his dark counterpart Sylvain. Ingrid and her fellow horse girl Marianne.

There’s a lot.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I know they can't interact since route exclusives and all but they should have the possibility of pre-war supports gainable by dining between different House people. Claude/Hubert. Claude/Dimitri. Edelgard/Hilda.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I think the support I want the most is a hypothetical Claude/Edelgard one that takes place entirely post time skip

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

My short list of supports I would have loved to see:

-Leonie/Flayn
-Dedue/Hapi
-Balthus/either Caspar or Raphael
-Yuri/Ashe (seriously, why was this not included in the DLC?)
-Make Judith playable and have her support the Deer + a few others

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I would like Casper/Leonie

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
I want to see Hilda and Lindhart try to out-lazy each other. Or have Lorenz invite Constance to tea. Jeritza should have a support with his boss, Edelgard. Fix Yuri and Ashe knowing each other previously, yet have no support.

And also for Anna to have supports with absolutely anyone at all.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Actually, can we include the option of expanding supports that only go up to B, because it's still criminal that the entire Golden Deer is straight other than maybe Hilda/Marianne. This is despite the straightest woman in Fodlan being in the Blue Lions.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ApplesandOranges posted:

Actually, can we include the option of expanding supports that only go up to B, because it's still criminal that the entire Golden Deer is straight other than maybe Hilda/Marianne. This is despite the straightest woman in Fodlan being in the Blue Lions.

Lysethia is bi as well.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hilda and Marianne don't even get together in their ending. It's about a straight as Ignatz and Raphael's ending. Ignatz/Raph is funny because Ignatz marries Raph's sister. :v:

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

My answer is probably Lysethia + literally anyone she doesn't already support because her supports are both very funny and very character revealing, but I get it because she's consistently portrayed as too smart to play dumb with big plot twist character secrets. I guess if I had to pick one I'd pair her with Manuela to get the contrast between a super focused precociously together girl and a super messy late bloomer womanchild.

Petra + Raphael would be funny. Just her misunderstanding idioms and him misunderstanding her misunderstandings.

Seconding Edelgard + Jeriza. It's weird they don't have one, tbh. Jeriza + Hilda would be very funny too, if they added her to CF.

Every single Hubert support cracked me the gently caress up but if I had to pick two to add it'd be Hubert + Hapi and Hubert + Hilda. It doesn't follow the route logic and would be kinda dark but Hubert + Cyril would also be interesting-- I'm imagining him breaking Cyril's Rhea obsession and replacing it with an Edelgard obsession.

I like Dorothea, both as a character and as a unit, but I also think it'd be hilarious to have her have at least B support with every other character in the game where she puts out feelers to marry them. Like have her subtly hit on Leonie, Jezira, or Rhea, that'd rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Hunt11 posted:

Lysethia is bi as well.

Does she actually have any endings where she 'gets together' with a woman? Maybe Edelgard but my memory is fuzzy on that.