Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Gaius Marius posted:

Good to know Japan has a term for Westaboo

How old is he supposed to be exactly? I don't think I actually remember, but I could see how it could be that way. His parents would've been alive during the end of the shogunate, and he would've lived to see Japan become a massive empire, and then contract back to just the Main islands.

In the story don't they also say that he like worked with Macarthur and that's how he got such a big business empire was his connections through that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

In the story don't they also say that he like worked with Macarthur and that's how he got such a big business empire was his connections through that

It'd make sense, I believe that's after he got his initial fortune however.

:speculate: Umineko EP4
Beato ends the last episode telling you it's all an act
Then the second she's alone she's concerned for battler, so cute, I need to find me a woman who'll gleefully murder my family and call my incompentent.

What in the gently caress is this music

Battler is FINALLY getting the hang of this poo poo, I can't wait to eat my words in half a second
Beato tells me not to fall for the same trick again, but how could I ever resist falling for her.
Not really the reunion I thought It'd be

Ange's coming out with straight truth
Okay maybe not, who could resist sharing tea and chatting with Beato for eternity
Battler staring at a girl with the same hair as him wearing his family crest. "Whom could this be?"

Okay ange is really harshing my mello, like dude I'm out here just vibing with this witch and you come in bringing all this negative energy
I wonder if Ange's school is also gonna end up being a Schrodinger's box

Man Eva trying to take mother of the year from Rosa

It's really weird to think of Maria as an older sister to Ange, time is bullshit like that.

Calling it now, Maria's going to be playing the part of witch in theis EP, Her diary can be part of the framing device, and it'll cause the most anguish to our intrepid interloper.

I checked out TIPS again briefely and kinda got why it mentioned BEatrice and her Means becoming her Ends, She says she wants Battler to acknowledge her, and I 'm sure on some level she does. But, in truth her desire is to forever live in this cycle, where she can both torment and treat battler for whatever transgression he caused, endlessly.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Ooh. Gnosia is supposed to be amazing, so I am excited!

Gaius Marius posted:

Good to know Japan has a term for Westaboo

How old is he supposed to be exactly? I don't think I actually remember, but I could see how it could be that way. His parents would've been alive during the end of the shogunate, and he would've lived to see Japan become a massive empire, and then contract back to just the Main islands.

Late 60's to early 80's I think, as the VN is vague on exactly when he was born, beyond being born in the early 20th century and being of combat age during late WW2 (which was a very wide range in by the end of the war).

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 25, 2021

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Good luck, I really lost my momentum pretty early in 4 and put it down for months.

What did Eva do early in the episode that led to your comment? I don't recall.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

This thread name's hasn't been a thing for me in years and the last VNs I played were House in Fata Morgana and Root Double, both on PC, but recently I decided to check that Muv Luv stuff, so out came the Vita to do its thing. They say Extra is the boring stuff, but so far it has been entertaining -- the comedy bits really work for me somehow. Hopefully, it continues to be good or better later on.

Portables truly are the best to play this sort of thing. I just check it whenever I feel like, mostly chilling in bed before sleep. Going through a VN on PC in turn takes forever.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
That's why I have my monitor on an arm I can turn toward the bed any time. You don't even need a controller to read most VNs, just a wireless mouse. Perfect for a chill read after supper.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

MegaZeroX posted:

Late 60's to early 80's I think, as the VN is vague on exactly when he was born, beyond being born in the early 20th century and being of combat age during late WW2 (which was a very wide range in by the end of the war).
That actually might change some opions of mine if they're so unwilling to commit a hard date, the gulf of diffrence in someone born in 1905 to someone in 1925 in Japan was great indeed. Thinking about it though. Epiteth stuffIf he was born right then the sweetfish river was probably a trainline, Japan was laying down an absolute fuckload of track at the time and I can see this having a huge influence on Kinzo's westaboo ism and and as a weird marker of his past, the first time he was on/around a train coming in to town. That said that kind of totally fucks up my theory about Yamashita's gold so :shrug:

Rockman Reserve posted:

Good luck, I really lost my momentum pretty early in 4 and put it down for months.

What did Eva do early in the episode that led to your comment? I don't recall.
Yeah I can feel that, it's been two days in a row and I'm finding it really difficult to get into a groove with it The way it starts doesn't help, you lose a lot of energy going from golden land trickery, and meta nonsense to Maria going to a 7/11.

Yeah Eva getting mother of the year is just a reference to how she treated Ange with the private schools and general abuse

The role of the railway in Japan's modernization is so great that it may be called the "keystone of modernization" (Harada 1979, 1980). Besides its effect on economic development, the railway - along with schools and the military - is said to have been a principal contributor to the Japanese habit of punctuality. In fact, the railway helped in many ways to spread modern Western civilization throughout Japan

https://archive.unu.edu/unupress/unupbooks/uu36je/uu36je0c.htm

Yeah thinking that fits metaphorically and literally

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 25, 2021

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I don't see it in the Ep 5 or Ep 6 Tips, can someone remind me what Shannon's real name is? ........is it Mitsuyo?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Finally, people with no friends can play Among Us

Looks fun!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Rockman Reserve posted:

I don't see it in the Ep 5 or Ep 6 Tips, can someone remind me what Shannon's real name is? ........is it Mitsuyo?
Sayo

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

e: just want to call this out as a possible massive spoiler for Umineko i guess

ah that's right, thanks. Nutsooooooooooooooooh wait that's still 34 lmao Ryukishi

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 25, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

whenever Rokkenjima's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Rokkenjima"?

Please just take me back

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Hahaha 4 is soooo slow at parts. If it gives you the strength to keep going, the ending is pretty awesome and has a pretty decent maze of red truth I am looking forward to seeing again on my review replay.

Random speculation informed by 5 and 6: Knox aside I feel like there is something loving weird about Rokkenjima.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Seacats cry Ep4"It's a question of whether one has love. ...Whether you feel love for someone or not completely changes how you view them. If a person you like gives to the poor, you respect them for it, right? But if someone you hate starts donating, you fiercely protest that it's a publicity stunt or they're handing out favors"

This Yakuza reject is getting to the core of this story I think, The recontextualization of victim and victimizer is really at the heart of the story.

Who is this dude, he's like straight mouth piecing on the meta meta plot, not like the chessboard but rather the structure of the VN

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 26, 2021

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Gaius Marius posted:

Who is this dude, he's like straight mouth piecing on the meta meta plot, not like the chessboard but rather the structure of the VN

Are you talking about Okonogi, Amakusa, or someone else I'm not remembering?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Are you talking about Okonogi, Amakusa, or someone else I'm not remembering?

Okonogi the weird dude in the weird suit, Talking about the ways we recontextualize our views in regards to the truth based on emotion rather than logic, It's very much something I feel since I've fallen in love with Beatrice and despite her doing nothing but awful things feel nothing but sympathy for her, while George has done nothing wrong but can eat poo poo

It's extremely well written that way allowing one to examine both the interior, meta, and outside story all at once. I have a feeling once i'm finished i'll type up something about the masterful way they've crafted this game

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Gaius Marius posted:

Okonogi the weird dude in the weird suit, Talking about the ways we recontextualize our views in regards to the truth based on emotion rather than logic, It's very much something I feel since I've fallen in love with Beatrice and despite her doing nothing but awful things feel nothing but sympathy for her, while George has done nothing wrong but can eat poo poo

It's extremely well written that way allowing one to examine both the interior, meta, and outside story all at once. I have a feeling once i'm finished i'll type up something about the masterful way they've crafted this game

Mild spoilers for all When They Cry games: I don't know what it means but there is an Okonogi in all of Higurashi, Umineko, and Ciconia. It makes some kind of weird sense that he's the one talking about the VN proper.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Gaius Marius posted:

whenever Rokkenjima's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Rokkenjima"?

Please just take me back
Imo you are at the longest, slowest most boringest part. It will get better soon I promise!!!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Mild spoilers for all When They Cry games: I don't know what it means but there is an Okonogi in all of Higurashi, Umineko, and Ciconia. It makes some kind of weird sense that he's the one talking about the VN proper.

I've sort of got an idea that he's a tool created by Berkanstel, He got real meta real fast and then started saying poo poo he shouldn't have been able to know. From what I'm puzzling jumping off the roof put Ange in a similar Uncertain position to BAttler where because their survival is unknown, they're able to drift through the layers of uncertainty.

I was looking at the TIPS and saw the witches there. Each is a character but each is also a tool or method of the form of writing. BEatrice being endless is a sort of Schezarde situation, and one in which a premise is written and rewritten to fit the needs of the viewer, or pehaps the needs of the author. Blondie is certainty, The very idea that every mystery in the mystery genre needs to have a certain solution, otherwise it invalidates itself as a mystery. Berkanstel is miracles, in real life everyone would or should be dead, but fitting with the other two, in order to have a story, the premise must allow for the absurd, being as such the ability to have even the slimmest chance come true allows all slim chances to come to fruition. By throwing herself off the building she's in some way entered this higher realm of metafiction and reversed the flow of causality.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Okay Umineko EP 4.44 You can (not) deny Magic
spoilers ahead

I just realized Battler is an outsider to his family like Kinzo was
But ange is the unlikely successor like Kinzo was
I mean even if Rosa's brand isn't famous shes got better taste in clothing than the rest of her family
Yeah figment maria is pulling a virgilla on ange
I wish I had an imaginary friend to convince me to see them even when I know they're fake
Oh I figured she'd killed herself
This dude looks like a mook from the Yakuza games

Weird so either Eva wasn't in the mansion. So she was either in the Kuwadorian, the shrine, or in the golden room

There's zero chance He was gonna make Eva the successor
All this about giving the answer to the Epithet is bullshit, you don't make a mystery game and then have someone give the answer to another player. Someone, read shannon solved it first, became the techinaical head, and only afterwards did anyone else solve it. Maybe only Rosa and Eva, although Kyrie and Rudolf seem like they coulda.

Ange having the ring is interesting, If kinzo gave it to Shannon when she solved the riddle shannon must've given it to Eva before the whole incident ended. But battler still has to be alive in some sense otherwise the framing device is faulty

Amakusa, he's never been martyered officially but he holds a strong following in Japan in their catholic population. He's also weaing the same cross that Kyrie did and the same hair color

Wine bottle with a theory? Someone is creating the witch scenarios in real life?

Yeah called the kinzo being dead awhile ago
I don't like when this game brings up my theories cause it means they're wrong
Battler"My lameness pisses me off"
Lol it pisses me off too homie

I like this beato too, why is she so perfect?

Blue text
Okay
Okay
I feel like this is a bit of a trap, battler's problem wasn't that he wasn't proposing multiple theories it's that he wasn't looking at what the motives of the participants was. Theres a million ways you can cut down a theory and a million theories to counter, if we don't get to the bottom of the why, we're gonna be stuck in this tea room forever. Not that I'm not fine with that.

gently caress I don't wanna right down Blue text too
Goddammit stop being so verbose battler

Kinda sad I was hoping to see Battler realize he could red text, I'm sure it'll happen

I'm expecting kinzo to come down and gently caress up everything

Called it
The fact he's alive just proves to me that he's dead
Also picked something up, He's got the same Useless useless tick that Battler has, there's gotta be something to the connection they both share and they share with their respective beatrii.
Maybe Battler is a way for Kinzo to get it right this time, they are both outsiders to the family
Maybe Battler is the Homonculus, We've never actually seen his mom

Jesus, I've hit 100 hours, I never thought Muv Luv Alternative could be topped.

Uryu Uryu Uryu Uryu Uryu. Plz stop

Go away george, I hope he dies first
Ange dropping the teacup at happy maria is some real sad poo poo

With the whole observer mutabilty of onjective reality thing, I have a feeling some readers weren't getting it and the author had to really drill it into their heads

Poor Maria's life is just like mine was, except I wasn't rich. Poor girl

This loving animal is gonna come alive and I hate it

Sakutaro is a bad influence on maria and I want him to leave and also Maria to leave and please take me back to rokkenjima I need to see some loving blood and gore and mystery I'm dying

Forgetting promises, I'm getting the Utena Vibes, I think this might be important.
Lol reading so far inbetween the lines that you forget the text, Ange is a regular Robert Borski

How can maria not afford a babysitter she's loaded

Lol I'll talk about it later.

Yeah So it's how I was thinking, the novel is constructed to make Magic the happy version of what happend, to let you accept what happened without grief as it was beyond the normal. Good poo poo dude, but like let's mystery

WHo the gently caress are tytly and mytly
poo poo I must've made so many magical vessel gundams as a kid
Beato here to save me from this sob story bullshit

Bullshit, Virgilla should be handing out those weird strawberry wrapper candies, or werthers

I want to die
I need this to be over an hour ago
Virgilla doesn't have poo poo for friends in high places she's stuck in hell

Oh gently caress off
gently caress this
loving kid ina lion costume bullshit
loving
awful why

God the witch of origins has a lot of signifigance and plot relevance to the plot, but I don't wanna loving write about any of this bullshit

This opening is the Eating Chicken sandwiches of Umineko and I'm not here for it, goodnight

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 27, 2021

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Hahahahahaha

For what it’s worth, it’s interminably long getting there but once the action starts in 4 it’s pretty great.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I tried. I fully sat down with the intention of at least hitting the first twilight, when kinzo appeared I thought I'd gotten past the worst of it. Then I got uryuued. God, hopefully tomorrow I can get past the lacrosse arc of umineko.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sakutaro is a good kid >:I
But yeah 4 really gets going after a bit, I think one of the later ones has worse pacing.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
i'm at I guess the middle of episode 4 (maybe?) and I think the series is like pretty good but so far is nowhere near my favorite VN and is something I'm just kinda going through because everyone talks about how good it is

I like the music and I do like parts of it but so far it hasn't really come together for me as far as something that's really pulling me in

I guess I just feel like whatever the resolution ends up being it'll be something that like..makes sense, and maybe it will be something I could have thought of, but I don't know if it's going to be satisfying if it's just one of many possible narrative solutions that could like work or make sense, as far as how the meta narrative thing is set up. I mean I'll reserve my judgment on that until I see what the resolution is, but I feel like good mysteries are resolved in a way where you feel like ah yeah, this is how it had to be, I could have thought of this and if I did think of it I would have known right away this is the best solution. Maybe this will end that way too which is why I'm not trying to judge it yet other than the fact that I think the dialogue is too long-winded with scenes that don't go anywhere for too long, in pretty much every episode.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Feb 27, 2021

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
I just love it for the supernatural soap opera stuff, and click-click-click through all that's boring to me, like all the Closed Rooms.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

woodenchicken posted:

I just love it for the supernatural soap opera stuff, and click-click-click through all that's boring to me, like all the Closed Rooms.

Haha yeah I just don't want to miss stuff so I read everything but they really seem like they have a bad case of "saying the same poo poo over and over" itis

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You read Umineko so you can catch up on all of the Flo memes

https://twitter.com/FloPerfecto/status/1289478042088161282

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

god im so glad to see my george hate validated

anyway re: the pacing of chapter 4, it was one of those things I could appreciate more after the fact than midway through. Mostly I feel the perspective changes happened at moments that killed the momentum of the previous perspective's scene

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The ending of EP4 is extremely memorable and basically the whole last 1/3 or so is arguably the highlight of the first four chapters outside of EP3.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
George is actually a pretty cool dude

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't believe you. Say it in red

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

The ending of EP4 is extremely memorable and basically the whole last 1/3 or so is arguably the highlight of the first four chapters outside of EP3.

This is extremely true but getting there is suuuuch a slog.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Tired Moritz posted:

George is actually a pretty cool dude

This is demonstrably false

Also, he's fat fat fat

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
However, paradoxically, Fat George is Good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

anyway re: the pacing of chapter 4, it was one of those things I could appreciate more after the fact than midway through. Mostly I feel the perspective changes happened at moments that killed the momentum of the previous perspective's scene

I'm feeling this so hard Right now.

Umineko Ep.4 A New Witch
Spoilers Ahead
Well called Maria being this games witch too

So the "Rokkenjima Library" gets spread, which creates the rumors of the Witchy aspects of the incident, which then we fall into ourselves as Ange and Battler traverse the Catbox.

Heh, the author is certainly aware of the genre. Message bottles

MOCHIRON! What's with the occult man's VA

So it was written with maria's signature but not in her handwriting

Okay
Theory each of the Scenarios we've fallen into is a different version of events, written by someone else, Signed with the Murderer's confession.

Maybe we're going Ever 17 with it and they're deliberately keeping the cat box open with as many possibilities in order to allow for one that Battler survives.
Beatrice/Shannon is the obvious forger than

Everytime I try and type catbox I end up typing skinners box, it's really painful

Okay ange bad time to stop listening to the lad talk about his Rokkenjima theory

Planned crime, clearly but why and for how long. That's the real rub of it, what would make Shannon kill all those people and take on the Beatrice persona, especially after she theoretically had already escaped Kinzo's grasp. And was it just her, did she even kill anyone? Or did she just light everyone's paranoia on fire with the letters and pageantry and let them tear themselves apart, revenge against the Ushiromiya's as a familial whole.

Eva was supposed to die, One wonder's if the notes were written truly in advance or later created

"A Daydream I had in my childhood, that if I could use a mysterious power, I could take on even the biggest of bullies, went on to become my life's work." Professor guy

Hold up

Maybe Shannon isn't or wasn't the Kuwadorian Beatrice, but she grew up on Rokkenjima hearing of the witch legend, heard of her powers, thought that could help her get revenge ??????? what for?
Then she "Makes it her lifes work" not only killing the family but spreading the bottles to subsume the identity of the witch into herself
Battler won't agree with this, so she is using the game to convince him/ and herself

But then why is she killing, she seems happier than Kanon, and she'd have to kill her lover George
Why is she interested in battler, and who was the Kuwadorian Beatrice. If kinzo was Shannon's father, raised her as Beatrice, then she fell off the cliff....Hold up

Does she blame Battler for her falling off the cliff, Perhaps even imprisoned that was a sort of innocence she can't seem to recapture on the outside
The same as most people lose their magic unlike maria
And so she tries and remake herself into the witch to re enter her "Golden Land"

Maybe

Why is she going by Sumedera san

Oh it's the dude from TWEWY that's who Amakusa looks like
Kyrie's sister is the lamest villain of all time
I wonder if the Hair orb's were a gift from Battler or her parents

So Ange made the stakes?

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 28, 2021

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Umineko chapter 7 wrap-up stuff: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=158337

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

quote:

So first off, what the gently caress Kinzo. What the gently caress.
Now you're getting it.

Anyway, the the big thing to keep in mind with EP7 is honestly EP6. Shannon, Kanon, and Beatrice are all treated as truly distinct people and individuals, as opposed to being split personalities of one person. All three have their own goals, aspirations, worries, and desires for their future. What EP6 is hitting you over the head with is relatively simple: why is there a need for a "love battle" in the first place? How does it possibly make sense that only one of the three is able to see their love to fruition? EP7 makes it clear how and why. Now try to understand the further circumstances of the collective individual "Yasu", someone who yes very clearly had a mutilated body from the cliff fall and further learns they are the product of incest. Battler leaving not only hosed up Shannon and gave birth to Beatrice, it domino'd everything about Yasu into an untenable situation. That they then learned in the process of solving the epitaph about both the explosives and that Kinzo believed in the "miracle" from their danger clearly also heavily influenced them and, well, presented at least their version of a solution: creating the closed cat box that was the Rokkenjima incident. The fallout of which, is well, everything we've seen from Ange's perspective.

Anyway, I don't believe the "Shannon" that Yasu was interacting with in Fukuin was ever real, she was instead the manifestation of what she considered an ideal servant to be. There's some text or dialogue IIRC that heavily implies that Yasu had a room all to themselves, which means there was never a Shannon there.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I would totally play a murder mystery metafiction game set in St.Lucia

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Umineko Ep 4 Spoilers.
I'm going to die of old age before I finish this episode

Ange is gonna summon a stake
Why would mammon bear a grudge towads ange

Hold up when did Ange get the scorpion charm, did I blackout for a second

So the anti magic charms in this game are the Scorpion charm, and the Mirror Natsuhi had

So ange summoned Mammon when she was a kid?

I'm very confused at what this means, Metaphorically or otherwise

......"To furniture, the times during which they are used are bliss. No matter how badly they are expolited, being used is a furniture's joy."

That's a useful quote, sounds like some thinking Shannon or Kanon would have

I hope that I don't have to watch Ange summon all these girls

There's something going on with the sisters ange summoned, I was thinking maybe the hostile sisters are her concealed emotions, and the supportive ones her dominant emotions

Go away Uryuuuu

If magic is a form of escapism towards your world, then Beato must've had a hell of a life to dream up all this nonsense

GO AWAY URYUUU

This is the most complicated way to summon imiginary friends i've ever seen, just talk to your gundams like I did

The alliance of witches is important, I feel that, but I just can't muster the will to analyze it

Looking at the way "Magic" works it seems that it's the ability to create elaborate semitruths that you can delude yourself into believing, Maria is powerful as she's spent enough time alone and ostracized that she can tap into that loneliness to still flex the imagination, Ange's inability to view her life positively despite wanting to is why she can only handle summoning one Stake.

They mention how hard it is for a witch to summon in front of someone else, this must be representing somehow being so enrapting that you can rope someone else into your own subjective truth, Like those young girl murderer's in Australia, this is why Beato is so desperate to get Battler to see her as a witch, having done so he becomes accomplice to her own events and she ends up non culpable for the murders and mayhem she's caused, Is this what the alliance is referring to?
Certainly Maria already seems to buy into it.

Author " HEY ALL THIS MAGIC IS FAKE AND REPRESENTS THE THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS OF IT'S CREATOR"
I hope poeple have picked up on that by now

Oh hey the hair things were a gift from battler

HOLD UP I GOTTA TEST SOMETHING

Okay maybe it's nothing
nevermind, the auto skip in this game sucks so I'm not gonna check
drat nevermind, she called him battler, I thought the game was gonna pull some Ever 17 bullshit on me

Aw kid Ange is a cutie

Magical power from her hair ornament, Magic is the power of Senitmentaility it seems

Oh why did Mammon stop talking?

Oh poo poo Blondie is here
Yes blondie is different it's like she's authors fiat

Y'know I don't know what's up with Blondie or Berkanstel, they actually seem to be real witches. I don't know If I'm supposed to take this at face value or if I'm just not far enough down the rabbit hole

Ah timeline nonsense my Favorite and least favorite things
I hear what you're saying Blondie but there's a way out, If battler was realeased but couldn't make it home in 1986 but by surviving he still has a chance to eventually meet ange

The whole people vs Pieces thing is starting to get to me though, really tough to sort out which is which. I half think the chessboard is in itself just another game

Is blondie manipulating Ange for a reason or just for fun.

Blondie says that Beato's gameboard is perfect, I can't decide if Beato wants to be acknowledged as a witch and win, or if she just wants to stay in this world forever.
Maybe this is her version of Maria's imaginary friend, an infinite world where she's all powerful, but can also be innocent as shannon.

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 4, 2021

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

When you say "Blondie" are you referring to Lambdadelta?

Obviously I don't know the answers or anything but you're hitting on a lot of ideas and conclusions I was toying with originally that seem reinforced a lot on my re-read. Pretty stoked for you to get to the end of 4!!

Also (spoilers for the very end of 4, so GM keep out:) the last scene with Sumadera and Ange on Rokkenjima and finding out what the "Uu-" "spell" does is one of the hardest gut punches Ryukishi07 has pulled so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Gnosia is out now on the Switch estore