Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Pope Urbane II posted:

I wholeheartedly agree that someone should stop playing a game that is not enjoyable for them, and I agree that this game would be better if it had a business model, say, like warframe's. However, since he didn't have a whale account, it makes me think that the issue is not the business model. Maybe artifact RNG or something was unusually frustrating. I'm not sure how a more generous F2P model would actually address that, given that it generally increases grind.

Anecdote: I played Warframe from the start of open beta through Update 14 and it went quickly from something I did with friends to something I played almost religiously as a compulsive numbers-go-up thing specifically because their model is less money and more time-reliant. It became A Problem and I quit and haven't gone back for more than to peek my head in every couple of years, get overwhelmed at the three dozen types of resource grinds, and uninstall again. With Genshin, by contrast, I pay for Welkin and BP and when the BP's done I run dailies and log out until the next content patch. No telling how much premium currency I bought in Warframe. Brainworms hit different people differently I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Seems like they just entered a game genre they're not used to and expected something that it's not.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i haven't farmed artifacts in a month, i'm enjoying the healthy number go up of farming money and other items :cheerdoge:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

dogsicle posted:

i haven't farmed artifacts in a month, i'm enjoying the healthy number go up of farming money and other items :cheerdoge:

Conversely, artifacts is 95% of how I spend my resin these days because I'm satisfied with everything else. It's fun to finish number go upping my artifacts and occasionally find something better or even really good.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

Seems like they just entered a game genre they're not used to and expected something that it's not.

Bingo. Anyone going into Genshin not expecting a grindy gacha game was already going to be way out of their comfort zone. The BotW veneer is just enough to pull genre outsiders in.

But it's also understandable, as someone with a complicated relationship with gacha games in general. I used to play a bunch of them, then none at all, and now I'm back to playing two, with Genshin being my primary and Puzzle and Dragons being my "quick login, do quick dailies, and leave" game after that.

I do also realize that Genshin does take gaming time away from games I've actually bought and left unopened on the shelf too. Again, complicated relationship. :shrug:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm leveling my 14th and 15th characters to level 70 this week. Haven't done artifacts in a while, just bosses since hitting 55. If you find yourself stuck in a rut and don't want to take a break leveling new characters keeps the game fun.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TheFluff posted:

gone, thanks to an anonymous goon for taking it off my hands

Glad you were able to identify it as a problem for you and then extricate yourself from it.

I find it's healthy every now and then to take a step back and ask yourself why you're doing a thing.

I almost hit that point just tryin' to get Icy Boy before the deadline. Now I might do more tower defense or I might just climb some more mountains. Or maybe I got my two weeks out of the game and I'll move on for a bit; I do find it less compelling now that very few interactions are voiced.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I spent a little while on the treadmill of clearing bosses and dungeons to power up my characters and oh no the world level increased let's clear bosses and dungeons to power up my characters and oh dear it happened again for a few weeks and realized it wasn't as fun as it was consuming.

Now I'm restricting myself to events and character quests and the game is a lot more enjoyable again. I'm not even doing dailies for primos anymore. Maybe in a few months I'll max out a battle pass and do dailies, bosses, and domains, but it can't be a regular thing for me.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

I'm leveling my 14th and 15th characters to level 70 this week. Haven't done artifacts in a while, just bosses since hitting 55. If you find yourself stuck in a rut and don't want to take a break leveling new characters keeps the game fun.

Yeah, this is what I've been doing except characters to 80/90. I've done 9 of them. Keqing, Qiqi, and Mona are all next on my list. After that I might zone in on artifacts a bit more. Keqing is actually pretty fun to play and is quite a bit different than Klee and Chong that adds a bit more novelty. Just maxed out my 7th char on friendship too.

I think for a lot of people just not playing between major patches is probably the way to go, but I'm having fun just doing the daily stuff with a set of new chars.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've been doing the opposite with friendship. My goal is to not hit max friendship with anyone for as long as I can (while still spending all resin).

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
GOD I hate the Tartaglia fight. Do you guys have any pro strats for the last phase? The first two are easy but time consuming and the last one just one-shots all my characters one by one. And it takes so long to get to that stage it is hard to learn to predict what he does with my old and smooth brain.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Corla Plankun posted:

GOD I hate the Tartaglia fight. Do you guys have any pro strats for the last phase? The first two are easy but time consuming and the last one just one-shots all my characters one by one. And it takes so long to get to that stage it is hard to learn to predict what he does with my old and smooth brain.

Who are you using?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I do the daily artifact runs, but not the artifact domains. Yhe domains make mad running through 6 condensed resin and not getting a drat thing I can use. I spent last week only doing exp ley lines, and that's about enough to level up 3 characters from pull to end game, not counting artifacts.

Turns out one of the characters I had ti level up was amber. My only fire characters are Bennet, Xiangling and Amber. I only had the first two built up, and attempting the current spiral moon without Klee or Diluc is freakin' hard.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

No Wave posted:

As of today I have all but 8 of my total character at at least 70/80. Childe, Diluc, and Beidou are 80/80, Xiao is 80/90. But yeah this is my next project after I had gotten them all to 50/60. Also, I run Oceanid with Xiao/Benny/Sucrose/Zhongli and Zhongs shield alone more or less trivializes that fight. After everyone is at 70/80 I'm going to realize Thicc Zhong and go for the gimmicky HP build because those shields are hilariously strong and I get more damage while they're up anyway.

So now I'm working everyone else up. The nice thing about this game is that you can play a bunch of you want to, or you can pop in, spend all your resin and do the dailies in like 20 minutes and log out.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Corla Plankun posted:

Depends on who you play i guess? But with Razor/Diluc i just get close to him and find it easy to dodge his 3 strikes attack... that he repeats over and over again. At least for me, part 1 and 2 is harder...

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Saxophone posted:

As of today I have all but 8 of my total character at at least 70/80. Childe, Diluc, and Beidou are 80/80, Xiao is 80/90. But yeah this is my next project after I had gotten them all to 50/60. Also, I run Oceanid with Xiao/Benny/Sucrose/Zhongli and Zhongs shield alone more or less trivializes that fight. After everyone is at 70/80 I'm going to realize Thicc Zhong and go for the gimmicky HP build because those shields are hilariously strong and I get more damage while they're up anyway.

So now I'm working everyone else up. The nice thing about this game is that you can play a bunch of you want to, or you can pop in, spend all your resin and do the dailies in like 20 minutes and log out.

Is the thicc build 4 Bolide, ER/HP% weapon, and max HP? I built phys DPS 2 Bloodstained / 2 Glad and the shield is respectable but I want more

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Framboise posted:

Bingo. Anyone going into Genshin not expecting a grindy gacha game was already going to be way out of their comfort zone. The BotW veneer is just enough to pull genre outsiders in.

But it's also understandable, as someone with a complicated relationship with gacha games in general. I used to play a bunch of them, then none at all, and now I'm back to playing two, with Genshin being my primary and Puzzle and Dragons being my "quick login, do quick dailies, and leave" game after that.

I do also realize that Genshin does take gaming time away from games I've actually bought and left unopened on the shelf too. Again, complicated relationship. :shrug:

This is kind of where I am when it came to me playing a gacha game when I normally do not. I tend to be pretty picky with games and I bounce off a lot of them, but I saw a reference to BotW in the title of the first thread and was bored at that exact moment so I downloaded the game on a whim because it was "free" and I liked BotW. The only other gacha game I have played was FFRK for a few months. I like the exploring in Genshin Impact, but I really do not care about the gacha or farming stuff at all. Right now even though I am not enjoying burning resin or completing dailies, I feel like if I stop I will be behind and missing out on X, though I am not quite sure what X is. I assume the second I stop doing dailies and spending resin I will not play again.

Another thing keeping me playing besides FOMO is that you can accomplish things in short amounts of time. I often don't have big blocks of time to dedicate to a game, so the fact that you can accomplish something the minute you login in is kind of nice compared to other games where unless you have a block of hours to play, you are just trying to remember what you were doing for 15 minutes before turning it off again.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 25, 2021

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
One trick against Tartaglia is that when he places the ring around you and is prepping for the dive attack, you can cleanse the ring by running into the edge of the arena and inflicting yourself with pyro. Trying to i-frame the dive is really hard if it's right on top of you but cleansing the ring off and then just outranging it is a lot simpler.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Corla Plankun posted:

His first form has 70% hydro resist, second form has 70% electro resist third form has 70% resistance to electro as well as hydro. So he's the rare enemy you'll want to use pyro against.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

zgrowler2 posted:

Is the thicc build 4 Bolide, ER/HP% weapon, and max HP? I built phys DPS 2 Bloodstained / 2 Glad and the shield is respectable but I want more

What I've seen is that you're primarily only going to be shielding and Qing on him so you run full noblesse. HP weapon if you're leaning into it, otherwise yeah ER.

You're better off running geo cup and dps artifacts for better damage, but we're not building Zhong to DPS, we're building him to be FUN and to provide 20k shields.

Plus he's gonna do 15k+ meteor crits with full HO gear anyway and presumably he's support if you're doing HP so that's good enough™

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Descar posted:

Depends on who you play i guess? But with Razor/Diluc i just get close to him and find it easy to dodge his 3 strikes attack... that he repeats over and over again. At least for me, part 1 and 2 is harder...

I think this might be the issue. I was mostly doing ranged DPS this morning but maybe the last phase is easier if I stay close.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I burned out a bit after trying to get all the primos I could for Xiao/Diona pulling (and getting little to show for it). Until today, I've only logged in for Welkin primos since the end of the banner, and I skipped a few of those to boot. Take a break if you aren't feeling it! There's plenty of games out there.

Parametric Transformer pull using 150 Mint, charged only by Ningguang autos:
  • 4 Hero's Wit
  • 8 Adventurer's Experience
  • 1 Guide to Prosperity
  • 2 Teachings of Resistance
  • 2 Teachings of Ballad
  • 1 Teachings of Prosperity
  • 1 Teachings of Diligence
  • 2 Teachings of Gold
  • 1 Tile of Decarabian's Tower (2-star)
  • 1 Boreal Wolf's Milk Tooth (2-star)
  • 2 Fetters of the Dandelion Gladiator (2-star)
  • 2 Grain of Aerosiderite (2-star)

Seems like the items are ordered by category -> rarity -> region (or some internal number), rather than by category -> rarity -> quantity.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i'm seven hundred thousand posts behind, but is the big 1 billion primogem website down? i can't load anything from mihoyo right now.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

kater posted:

i'm seven hundred thousand posts behind, but is the big 1 billion primogem website down? i can't load anything from mihoyo right now.

It's up for me, but it's changed to "calculating rewards"

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
"Calculating rewards..." aka, having internal meetings on fudging numbers to reach the smallest number that our scientists have determined players believe to be a lot of primogems.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

It's up for me, but it's changed to "calculating rewards"

I.... I only launched 4 of the lanterns.

Mihoyo plz

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Saxophone posted:

Mihoyo plz

Perfect, can't wait for my slice of your share :D

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Tsyni posted:

Perfect, can't wait for my slice of your share :D

Hahaha goddammit. If this winds up being a 10-pull worth or something I'm going to be cranky.

I doubt it, but still.

My wife's car was stolen Monday and save for escaping into Genshin and Valheim I kinda forgot about peripheral stuff like this, haha.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Bloody Emissary posted:

• 4 Hero's Wit
  • 1 Guide to Prosperity
  • 2 Teachings of Ballad
  • 2 Teachings of Gold

Seems like the items are ordered by category -> rarity -> region (or some internal number), rather than by category -> rarity -> quantity.

It looks like the game ranks 2 hero's wit and 4 adventurers experience as similar in value to 6 of the green weapon upgrade mats and a single blue talent book going by your results.

150 mint charged mostly with Oz but also with a few hits from Diluc, Bennett, and XQ:
6 Hero's Wit
12 Adventurers Experience
8 green talent books 3 types with 2 books, 2 types with 1 book.

This is how I charged it last time and I think I had fairly similar results.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Saxophone posted:

Mihoyo plz

I only launched 3, and I'm not sure how to do to the other 2.

Also not too worried about it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bloody Emissary posted:

I burned out a bit after trying to get all the primos I could for Xiao/Diona pulling (and getting little to show for it). Until today, I've only logged in for Welkin primos since the end of the banner, and I skipped a few of those to boot. Take a break if you aren't feeling it! There's plenty of games out there.

• 4 Hero's Wit
  • 1 Guide to Prosperity
  • 2 Teachings of Ballad
  • 2 Teachings of Gold

Logged in to experiment

• 1 agate sliver
  • 1 Topaz Sliver
  • 3 Teachings of Resistance
  • 1 Teachings of Ballad
  • 3 Teachings of Prosperity
  • 4 Teachings of Diligence
  • 1 Teachings of Gold
  • 4 Teachings of Freedom

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Saxophone posted:

My wife's car was stolen Monday and save for escaping into Genshin and Valheim I kinda forgot about peripheral stuff like this, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDuVxan5Mo

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Saxophone posted:

Mihoyo plz

rip to your 120 primos

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Bit late, but if you did the three daily things of sharing a link, visiting the Youtube page etc. you got two more lanters per day. I got five the second day that way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Which one would have the biggest impact on grinding artifacts, letting us choose which artifacts we get or the main stat? Like going to the fire domain and choosing crit damage vs guaranteeing crimson witch artifacts?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

1 in 10 hats you find is crit rate. 1 in 2 hats you find is crimson witch. So choosing the former would be more powerful. You would go from 1 in 100 artifacts being an in-set crit rate hat to 1 in 2.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I never think a type of set is complete junk, but lots of main stats are complete junk.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

TS/LW are both pretty crap all things considered, i would definitely tolerate mainstat roulette to avoid them entirely

being able to ignore Bolide when Petra farming would also be a godsend since i already don't like that domain

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've been putting off more VV/TF/CW farming for a while because I was hoping the fact HoD and Strayer were combined meant the other domains would become less cruel in terms of good drop bad drop. Probably won't happen though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I was extremely lucky with my crimson witch set on Klee. Have all three of crit, crit dam, and att% on all of her pieces. And most rolled into those sub stats. Including a very nice off set pyro cup. Using widsith she has 69% crit rate (nice) and 170% crit damage with just under 2k attack.

And I say lucky because it only took like 20 runs. I could improve even more since my crit rate hat is 4 star but nah I'm good lol.