Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Speaking of failkids, lmao I just saw this from last year.

https://twitter.com/measure7x/status/1225095033809928192

holy smokes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

dems own (us)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/KoriWasinger/status/1364710108790460418

"except when I do it ofc"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

what is the deal with the yellow hearts

like I know it's a KHive signifier, I just don't know what the intended purpose is

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

This purrson is barking dogmented

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

loquacius posted:

like I know it's a KHive signifier, I just don't know what the intended purpose is

the harris campaign had yellow everywhere and hearts because love me im a liberal

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

loquacius posted:

I THINK its the same color as both the dogshit color scheme as "Kamala Harris For The People" as well as the gold circle frame KHivers use in their profile pics.

Yes, its THAT dumb.

tiberion02 has issued a correction as of 19:05 on Feb 25, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status/1364972292070010880?s=19

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

broke: being mean on twitter is actually good now

woke: y'know I'm pretty sure the media didn't care about people I don't like being mean on twitter

https://twitter.com/Wilson__Valdez/status/1364799905068425217

bespoke is of course both of those things at once

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

oh no it looks like the dastardly parliamentarian is at it again!

https://twitter.com/ArthurDelaneyHP/status/1364995888427397123?s=20

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hmmm, I think the parliamentary machine is busted, money for poor people is getting stuck in there and it's not coming out

*smacks it lightly with one hand* yeah I dunno man, this thing is a giant pain in the rear end I tell you what, oh well, moving on

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

loquacius posted:

hmmm, I think the parliamentary machine is busted, money for poor people is getting stuck in there and it's not coming out

*smacks it lightly with one hand* yeah I dunno man, this thing is a giant pain in the rear end I tell you what, oh well, moving on

maybe wait around and see if someone else wants money for poor people next election and then hopefully they both will drop

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol if the coat article is going to become evidence in DSA twitter drama. Someone just got doxxed by their Goldman Sachs alum father.

:shrug:

quote:

It is said that, just before the Sino-Soviet split, Nikita Khrushchev had a tense meeting with Zhou Enlai at which he told the latter that he now understood the problem. “I am the son of coal miners,” he said. “You are the descendant of feudal mandarins. We have nothing in common.” “Perhaps we do,” murmured his Chinese antagonist. “What?” blustered Khrushchev. “We are,” responded Zhou, “both traitors to our class.”

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tiberion02 posted:

I THINK its the same color as both the dogshit color scheme as "Kamala Harris For The People" as well as the gold circle frame KHivers use in their profile pics.

Yes, its THAT dumb.

interesting choice of color scheme indeed

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its so bizarre to see the guy who orchestrated this whole thing just become a Fox News contributor like any other random guy they have on. TV really is a complete fantasy world

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1364786741346000901

https://twitter.com/californiadem20/status/1364803577454071812

hmmmm I wonder why that might be :thunk:

zero self-awareness in these people is2g

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmao

not fair!! biden's migrant child detention camps have a SALON, like c'mon, it's totally not the same thing as trump's kids in cages and you're being disingenuous by saying otherwise!!!!!!!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

LGD posted:

oh no it looks like the dastardly parliamentarian is at it again!

https://twitter.com/ArthurDelaneyHP/status/1364995888427397123?s=20

reminder: at any time harris can stroll onto the senate floor and tell the parliamentarian to sit and spin

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

loquacius posted:

broke: being mean on twitter is actually good now

woke: y'know I'm pretty sure the media didn't care about people I don't like being mean on twitter

https://twitter.com/Wilson__Valdez/status/1364799905068425217

bespoke is of course both of those things at once

me, a bernie barbrobot, doxxing neera tanden when she dared question dear leader: lol, i think this person posting as neera tanden is in fact neera tanden, noted idiot

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

oh gosh golly gee whiz, that dastardly parlimentarian has thwarted us again!!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Breakfast All Day posted:

me, a bernie barbrobot, doxxing neera tanden when she dared question dear leader: lol, i think this person posting as neera tanden is in fact neera tanden, noted idiot

truly chilling that the media only talked about this for five years instead of every day forever until the sun explodes

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

reminder: at any time harris can stroll onto the senate floor and tell the parliamentarian to sit and spin

Um akthually you'll see that the vice president doesn't have those powers and FURTHERMORE

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Breakfast All Day posted:

listen, if a lobbyist wants to comment on the news without having to disclose the companies paying them to do it, thats freedom of speech.

if you point out the companies that pay them to lie, why that's violence and doxxing and threats.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I don't want to Godwin this but the storage camps are giving me really strong Theresienstadt vibes.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
susan sarandon has been posting really well on twitter today, so i expect the backlash against her to suddenly rise again

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

I don't want to Godwin this but the storage camps are giving me really strong Theresienstadt vibes.

please, they're Kindererziehungslager run by the health department

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

spending a lot of money on a super nice coat is less materialistic then constantly buying cheap coats that you have to replace every few years

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1365003874961154055?s=19

Do it.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Speaking of failkids, lmao I just saw this from last year.

https://twitter.com/measure7x/status/1225095033809928192

Bernie is a plant

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

actionjackson posted:

spending a lot of money on a super nice coat is less materialistic then constantly buying cheap coats that you have to replace every few years

except there are lots of $150-$200 jackets that are durable and as warm or warmer than that one. you're just paying for style and brand at that point

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

tmfc posted:

lmao

not fair!! biden's migrant child detention camps have a SALON, like c'mon, it's totally not the same thing as trump's kids in cages and you're being disingenuous by saying otherwise!!!!!!!

its wonderful that they have all the same amenities that can be found in every prison in america

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Lansdowne posted:

has anyone saying how qualified neera is bothered to, I dunno, give examples of any of those qualifications, or would that open the door to discussing her ghoulishness too much

Uhh she's being nominated for a position. Biden-Harris wouldn't have picked her if she wasn't the most qualified.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

honestly shocked I went unblocked for this long if all it took was pointing out to him that the media did in fact cover bernie bros

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Marjorie Taylor Greene is being puffed up by the media and dems in power. she has little to no power except what they give her, by constantly discussing her nonsense. Dem's refuse to take any of several measures which would actually curtail her career.

This is very necessary as Biden's picks and policies have been lackluster, to actively terrible.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

my bony fealty posted:

that's the thing though Evans isn't just some niche figure amongst the super online, he is very popular amongst ostensible leftists and as such would be a very effective propaganda delivery vehicle to erode anti-imperialist thought

and if you don't think the feds have a long and storied interest in attempting to subvert the left in the US, however weak and sad and not actually a threat to US hegemony it may be, well

Evans has a lot of batshit takes and suffers the same brainworms as every left anarchist but his body of work seems like 90% devoted to correctly painting America and the west as evil incarnate and 10% devoted to "syrian intervention is good and takies are as big a threat as the right", so I don't know, if he's an asset he's a terrible investment.

I mean it's not like American leftists need the deep state to influence them to support imperialism, they do that themselves

papa horny michael posted:

Marjorie Taylor Greene is being puffed up by the media and dems in power. she has little to no power except what they give her, by constantly discussing her nonsense. Dem's refuse to take any of several measures which would actually curtail her career.

This is very necessary as Biden's picks and policies have been lackluster, to actively terrible.

She is absolutely the right's AOC lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

actionjackson posted:

Conspicous consumption is explicitly materialistic.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm sure rerunnning the Pied Piper strategy won't have any long-term consequences

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

She's gonna be the 2024 nominee' if Trump doesn't run.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

actionjackson posted:

so what is the status of the 1400 dollars (that is a serious question, haven't heard anything since it's all neera chat)?

they're gonna have a serious, for realsies talk about it

on the 14th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Lostconfused posted:

Conspicous consumption is explicitly materialistic.

yes definitely, and that jacket is probably overpriced (you shouldn't need to spend that much unless you are literally in the Arctic, or have some specialty need like mountaineering)

you should buy something that is high quality, and that you plan to use for a long time. Obviously there's nothing wrong with getting a style/design that you really like, as long as you buy it for yourself, not to project on others.

don't buy something that has a giant brand name or logo prominently displayed on it

same perspective I have on furniture :p

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 20:11 on Feb 25, 2021