Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Can somebody explain to me what all the WSB people are talking about in regards to GME going to $800?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Pillowpants posted:

Can somebody explain to me what all the WSB people are talking about in regards to GME going to $800?

They’re dumb but maybe not.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Rolo posted:

They’re dumb but maybe not.

This

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

Pillowpants posted:

The 10-Year Treasury Yield breached 1.5% today (1:00 p.m. to be exact). Large institutional investors are de-leveraging conventional investments and fleeing to GME as a safe harbor during these turbulent times. There also is a rumor that GME is planning on selling ice cream through its stores this summer which some believe will bring more customers into its stores as the pandemic ends and families want to get out and about.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

just listen to this

https://wsbsynth.com/

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

laxbro posted:

The 10-Year Treasury Yield breached 1.5% today (1:00 p.m. to be exact). Large institutional investors are de-leveraging conventional investments and fleeing to GME as a safe harbor during these turbulent times. There also is a rumor that GME is planning on selling ice cream through its stores this summer which some believe will bring more customers into its stores as the pandemic ends and families want to get out and about.

"Why did you dump your life savings into a stock for a failing video game store?"
"Because of ice cream, mom, God."

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

This is my new background music while setting positions in the morning.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

Reading the newspaper to watch the mutual fund my mom put me and my brother's money in as a teen was fun. They quoted in 1/8s and 1/16s then, was a different time!

e; last dumb question for today I hope. I want to buy another stock, I have a cash account, I held everything I sold for more than d+2. I get the warning that I am buying with unsettled funds? I thought you 'owned' the stock d+2, it was paid for and settled. Do you have to wait another d+2 after sale to be settled? I hate ETrade already so I am looking into margin accounts if that is the only way to actually 'day trade' at least 3 time in a 5 day rolling period.

you can do it but if you pay for something with unsettled funds it's called a good faith violation and if you do that too much then the broker locks down your account for N days

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

crazypeltast52 posted:

Printed share prices in the newspaper and monthly statements mailed to you for the account.

And the stock listings in the newspaper wouldn’t be listed in decimals, they were fractions. I remember being so confused when a stock was 2 1/8th.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Shear Modulus posted:

you can do it but if you pay for something with unsettled funds it's called a good faith violation and if you do that too much then the broker locks down your account for N days

90 and yeah. The site sucks, I know it will probably update at some point, and I am looking for something to swing till Monday when I can get out, d+2 again. I lost over 400 for not doing the GFV on SNDL, but I will do it and get out if I get something that sweet again. It really doesn't matter, really all you can do is buy with unsettled funds and hold.
e; it is only a GFV if I sell what i buy today before the money settles.
e2; read their article, i guess holding the stock doesn't matter, buy and sell then wait d+2

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 25, 2021

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Michael Corleone posted:

IF for some reason CCIV went to $15 that would be a no risk play, right, the price that Lucid is involved with? It will not go that low I assume but what is the lowest you would buy in 'safely'?

I think if you want to hold Lucid for a few years because you have faith in how the company will grow, then it’s a good point to jump in. But the hype flip happened and I doubt it will have $30+ upside this year.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Red posted:

^^^^ Good, you will be fine unless you bought a shitload of memes

(In which case you are now incredibly wealthy)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I timed the spy bottom 10 minutes too late and only made +500% on my puts instead of +550% :argh:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

laxbro posted:

There also is a rumor that GME is planning on selling ice cream through its stores this summer which some believe will bring more customers into its stores as the pandemic ends and families want to get out and about.

This is too loving perfect. I stand by my guess of $666.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
This is honestly so much fun

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston
Has anyone checked on Cathy lately

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
$tsla below 700, yowza

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Took my dog out for a walk, I come back and GME is up $30.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Vox Nihili posted:

(In which case you are now incredibly wealthy)

At the time you posted, yes, but unfortunately GME has fallen $92 in the 3 minutes since

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

more meme stocks plz it's too easy to make money day trading this stupid stuff

it's also very easy to lose money though lmao

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Poco posted:

$tsla below 700, yowza
It's like GME latched its weird, yellow teeth onto TSLA and the other SP500 Index stocks and sucked the life right outta them

Churchill posted:

Has anyone checked on Cathy lately
If the DD on ARK re: their liquidity issues is to be believed she could actually be... building an ark and marching animals on two-by-two.

Uranium 235 posted:

it's also very easy to lose money though lmao
Queen had it right since 1975: easy come, easy go

melon cat fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 25, 2021

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

melon cat posted:

It's like GME latched its weird, yellow teeth onto TSLA and the other SP500 Index stocks and sucked the life right outta them
everyone is selling off their portfolios to pile into GME and AMC yolos

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

laxbro posted:

Is this a satire?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

John F Bennett posted:

Is this a satire?

Is this post?

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

laxbro posted:

preppers and homesteaders are out in their backyards burying stacks of GME stock certificates so they'll be prepared when the hard times are upon us

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

John F Bennett posted:

Is this a satire?

You tell me.

https://twitter.com/ryancohen/status/1364650709669601289

Also, doesn't hurt that Conan is all in.

https://twitter.com/conanobrien/status/1364324912396140554?s=21

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

John F Bennett posted:

Is this a satire?

Some of it is. Treasuries did break 1.5% like all good satire it combines fact with fancy

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Flight to Dairy Queen

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Woodchip posted:

Flight to Dairy Queen

They have experience dealing with blizzards, so it makes sense to seek safety there.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
C'mon AMC, get somewhat close to 18 so I can dump it and maybe rebuy it when it inevitably drops to 5 bucks again

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
I cannot handle the kind of volatility that GME is putting out there. I need my risks to be glacial...

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wow gamestop becoming the exclusive partner of mcdonalds is a huge coup

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Rabble posted:

I cannot handle the kind of volatility that GME is putting out there. I need my risks to be glacial...
lol i'm just putting stink bids ~$10 under the current price and selling minutes after i get filled for significant gains

gonna suck if i get stuck in a limit down halt though

reminds me a lot of trading shitcoins in 2017

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
So Im considering today to be a bit of a bust. I feel like my positions are solid and dont really want to move much around, but tomorrow seems like it could be a big day. Im thinking money will start to move back into the market after going out today, then to give the day a bit more bang the second stimulus bill is being voted on in the House and almost certainly going to pass. Does anyone have any ideas about where the hype over the stimulus bill will lead to gains? I generally would like to avoid retailer stocker in general, but I think outdoor retailers will see some gains so Ive put money into ASO for a short term buy. Im curious what other areas might be impacted by the stimulus hype though. It seems like it could be a lot.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

So Im considering today to be a bit of a bust. I feel like my positions are solid and dont really want to move much around, but tomorrow seems like it could be a big day. Im thinking money will start to move back into the market after going out today, then to give the day a bit more bang the second stimulus bill is being voted on in the House and almost certainly going to pass. Does anyone have any ideas about where the hype over the stimulus bill will lead to gains? I generally would like to avoid retailer stocker in general, but I think outdoor retailers will see some gains so Ive put money into ASO for a short term buy. Im curious what other areas might be impacted by the stimulus hype though. It seems like it could be a lot.
personally i just assume that the market has already priced in the stimulus bill

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

drunken officeparty posted:

I timed the spy bottom 10 minutes too late and only made +500% on my puts instead of +550% :argh:

You did good. Thanks for listening to your discord buddies

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Sold some GME march 780/800 call spreads. The put side of the iron condor wasn't very appetizing.

Got orders in for some more, maybe action will pick up toward end of day again. Or tomorrow morning.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I want to get zooted and play video games, but I can't take my eyes off that number until markets close.

Strange since that's what I'll be doing either way gamestop goes today.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

eddiewalker posted:

I want to get zooted and play video games, but I can't take my eyes off that number until markets close.

Strange since that's what I'll be doing either way gamestop goes today.
the market is a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking