Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wow, even the game studio notable for RPGs cannot resist the temptation of the battle royal genre

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

square kills off phone games in a google-esque manner i would not bother

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what da

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1365070893014220801?s=20

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
lol they got two concurrent remakes ongoing

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Well that's ONE way to recycle those Unity assets, I guess

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Super No Vacancy posted:

square kills off phone games in a google-esque manner i would not bother

Record Keeper's still going and Mobius lasted a good five years

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

this seems meant as an OG FF7+Compilation lore primer for younger and/or more casual fans.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

doc is canon.....

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Record Keeper's still going and Mobius lasted a good five years

five years frankly isnt poo poo and they just killed off two more kingdom hearts games

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

wtf this is sick (and a better way to replay crisis core!?)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

keep in mind ever crisis will absolutely be heavily, heavily abridged

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Motto posted:

this seems meant as an OG FF7+Compilation lore primer for younger and/or more casual fans.

If it's a full-on remake it seems like a clever way of satisfying the people who have said over and over that all they ever wanted want as HD remake of the original game

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

wtf this games are sick (and a better way to replay crisis core!?)

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

I'll buy it when it comes out on switch rather than buy the original game on switch I suppose

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is interesting but I do wonder why they're going for mobile over Switch, which seems like the perfect target platform for this.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The year is 2021 and Dirge of Cerberus has literally never been more relevant

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This is interesting but I do wonder why they're going for mobile over Switch, which seems like the perfect target platform for this.

Pocket Edition came to consoles, so it could still happen down the line.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PC when square

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

stev posted:

PC when square

Ask again in April

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Huh, this is actually kind of interesting and might be fun.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Josuke Higashikata posted:

More people have phones

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Blizzard was truly ahead of the times when they asked the immortal question: Do you have phones?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If it's a full-on remake it seems like a clever way of satisfying the people who have said over and over that all they ever wanted want as HD remake of the original game

As someone who only ever wanted a faithful remaster of the original game like what VIII and IX got, I am extremely apprehensive, breaking out into 'nope' right at the end as they announced the scale of the thing.

They're REALLY convinced that people liked... like, all of the spinoffs and want them folded into the original game, aren't they? Really appealing to those fervent Before Crisis fans?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Only if it starts with Yunalescas original defeat of Sin.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Nice if this lets more people experience Zack and Cloud's hot spring date

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's probably going to be a better way to experience Dirge of Cerberus than Dirge of Cerberus.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

there are few things Final Fantasy that I am less interested in than the FF7 EU, but a FF7 BR would definitely be one of them!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao it's going to be the most episodic game ever created. Like Midgar will be an hour max, then the rest of VII will span the next five episodes followed by each spinoff/sequel/prequal getting an hour long episode each.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/1365067194787262465

personally im excited for ff7 advent children remake :v:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Let's humiliate Vincent again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7bEoGile7Q

Looks good. If only you could actually find a ps5.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7bEoGile7Q

Looks good. If only you could actually find a ps5.

Yuffie knows all the fushigi ball tricks

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

Yuffie knows all the fushigi ball tricks

She doesn't have the big blonde mullet or the cod piece to go with them, though.
Cloud on the other hand...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1365071338105356296

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Hey thanks to the pandemic I finally got around to playing FF13 and wow this game is truly awful. I made it through the first 8 hours thinking I was in some extended tutorial cage, hoping if I keep going I'll escape the hallways and get a full party. Do some sidequests, explore the world, all that good stuff. Gradually I realized that the hallways are the game. There is no game. Are there even sidequests? I assume not.

I thought I'd skip ahead to FF15 but now I'm hearing that it might possibly be even worse than FF13? Is FF15 a worthy FF title? And if it is worse than FF13, how the hell did they manage that feat?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Before Crisis Is Canon and you people will learn the loving Turks Lore.

ANd how rad Jade WEAPON is.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sanctum posted:

Hey thanks to the pandemic I finally got around to playing FF13 and wow this game is truly awful. I made it through the first 8 hours thinking I was in some extended tutorial cage, hoping if I keep going I'll escape the hallways and get a full party. Do some sidequests, explore the world, all that good stuff. Gradually I realized that the hallways are the game. There is no game. Are there even sidequests? I assume not.

I thought I'd skip ahead to FF15 but now I'm hearing that it might possibly be even worse than FF13? Is FF15 a worthy FF title? And if it is worse than FF13, how the hell did they manage that feat?

I hated FFXIII and have very little tolerance for corridor jrpgs but I had fun with XV, and that's as someone who only played the release version with none of the DLC/fixes.

I won't say it's a sea change for anything but it's worthy of your time, especially if you like jrpg fishing and lovingly rendered food.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I don't understand the "FF13 is nothing but hallways" criticism when FFX was exactly the same. Hell, FFX is worse because there straight up is no open world, the only thing that comes close is the Calm Lands and that's just one small area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Sanctum posted:

It depends on a few things.

1. Do you play Final Fantasy because it's an RPG? Would you be turned off by it instead being the worst character action game?
2. Do you like the concept of a party full of Cute Boys? As in, no female characters in the crew, at all? What about if one of them is the most insufferably annoying person in the world?
3. Do you like your villains being at all interesting? How would you feel about one that's just a pile of villain tropes in a thrift store outfit, with no connective tissue or compelling story?
4. Are you a fan of sitting back in long car rides, listening to classic FF soundtracks, and that being the most enjoyable part of the game?
5. Is immersion in the story important enough to you that the concept of the game sequence-breaking itself is a problem?

These should tell you how you'll feel about XV.