Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Elentor posted:

Can I combine these, do I get to brag about ranks?

Brag away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Several Goblins posted:

You have a good point though. Completing games and multiplayer end up making some nightmare achievements, especially back in the early days of them with stuff like Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter having the "be the literal best player on the planet" achievement. Most people I talk to or see online who go for Platinum trophies seen to regard multiplayer trophies with a lot of disdain.

fuuuuuuuuuck leaderboard trophies

I generally don't mind limited multiplayer trophies. I normally avoid multiplayer, but I've had some fun with it in various games where I've had to play. What drives me nuts is the REACH LEVEL 50000 IN MULTIPLAYER stuff that's never reachable unless that's the only game you play for a year. Or "play through the entire game again in coop!" for a game nobody I know wants to play. Let me dabble, but don't force me to dedicate myself to multiplayer!

Mass Effect 3 had some great trophies where you had a choice of getting them in single or multiplayer - I'd like to see this done more.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like chasing #1 rank in games or whatever the highest available tier is. I don't particularly care about maintaining it, I just like the thrill of reaching it. As a consequence of the process involved in doing that I've written probably too many words about games in these forums, lol.

League of Legends:
PB #1 in Season 3, End of Season #3 in 3v3 (the mode I like), #21 in 5v5 (the mode that matters), then #24 in S4 then #2 in S5.

The icon in the middle was for top 3 teams. The #1 server transferred and the #3 was banned (for win-trading in trying to block us out of top 3, funnily enough) making us the only players with it.

Having 67% Win Rating over 538 games in matchmade mode is my favorite stat I think, but the 70% one involved a 35 games win streak for our team.

PUBG:

PB of 21% win rating, End of Season 18.2%. Best ladder ranking #6 overall, #4 in win rating, #1 in win rating very early in a season. Also had the highest actual win rating (as in % of matches won) for a season, regardless of the in-game win rating elo.

PUBG was the funest game I played even if it was janky as hell while it lasted. Also, one of my favorite pieces of theorycraft was this constant my teammate and I found while we were theorycrafting the best position to be given any circle:

I think it was the optimal maximum distance we could be from a circle's edge, but I don't entirely remember what it was for.

WoW:

PB of #1 in Arena during Season 1 as a Rogue. Sadly I don't have anything from that long ago. I was the second highest Feral in the ladder during Season 6. The first was the actual #1 team.

I have a shitload of WoW ranks and stuff but, I dunno, they don't feel brag-worthy. The coolest stuff I did went unrecorded, and by the time I had a good enough PC to record stuff I was nowhere near as good.
Everything else falls in a certain void that I don't really care about - having a rank 1 parse is meaningless as you have people split in 30 classes/specs, 10 or so bosses to try, and weeks to try.

Other stuff:
* Diamond in SC2 when Diamond was the highest rank, there wasn't a top # ladder so I didn't care about going further, also, I have no delusions that I could be a Grandmaster in that game so quitting while I was ahead was the right move.
* 2200+ Elo in Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (lol)
* A lot of D3 stuff, but no actual #1 rank (close calls like #3). I did get, however, the a thread full of Barbarians to think Wizards were an OP class (despite spending 50 min in the final boss), also got called a liar, which really is the crowning achievement of gaming I think, second to being reported for cheating.
* Top <1% on Overwatch during the first ranking system.
* First person to die in an EVE Alliance Tournament :v:

So despite my efforts I mostly only really succeeded at lol, pubg and wow, such a cursed trifecta of games. But I had fun in the journey, I've written over the years an impressive amount of tools to do math analysis on stuff I was trying to compete, and a lot of posts sharing either them or my results.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Feb 12, 2021

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Platinum 243 down:

Little Nightmares 2.

Easy game, can technically be done in one playthrough but you should just play it at your own pace then do a trophy cleanup playthrough.

Still working on Nioh 2, which is my big one for this month.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
On a platformer kick and got the platinum in Cyber Shadow. It's published but not developed by Yacht Club Games and while it's fun, it's no Shovel Knight. The Messenger was a better throwback ninja game but at least Cyber Shadow didn't morph into a Metroidvania.

It reminded me of another thing I like about trophies compared to achievements, though it doesn't come from the trophy system itself: Manual cloud saves! I didn't need my backup saves for the speedrun trophy but I used it for the 'reach the dojo without dying' trophy (dojo is about 1/3rd of the way through the game and imo the game is harder earlier on before you have your abilities) That would have taken potentially many more tries without the manual save since the game autosaves on death. But even when I'm not cheesing the difficulty, it's nice to watch multiple endings or go back for missable things.

Cyber Shadow was also the first game I extensively used the DualSense's d-pad. I usually use the stick even for 2d games, but CS has a 'double tap to dash' move that sucks on a stick. It held up pretty well and seems like a marked improvement on the PS4 controller.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Beat Steins;Gate Elite yesterday for my 145th. First plat in months, feels good.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

ultrachrist posted:

On a platformer kick and got the platinum in Cyber Shadow. It's published but not developed by Yacht Club Games and while it's fun, it's no Shovel Knight. The Messenger was a better throwback ninja game but at least Cyber Shadow didn't morph into a Metroidvania.

It reminded me of another thing I like about trophies compared to achievements, though it doesn't come from the trophy system itself: Manual cloud saves! I didn't need my backup saves for the speedrun trophy but I used it for the 'reach the dojo without dying' trophy (dojo is about 1/3rd of the way through the game and imo the game is harder earlier on before you have your abilities) That would have taken potentially many more tries without the manual save since the game autosaves on death. But even when I'm not cheesing the difficulty, it's nice to watch multiple endings or go back for missable things.

Cyber Shadow was also the first game I extensively used the DualSense's d-pad. I usually use the stick even for 2d games, but CS has a 'double tap to dash' move that sucks on a stick. It held up pretty well and seems like a marked improvement on the PS4 controller.

How was cyber shadow? That game is on my list to potentially platinum. I've even done the messenger platinum, kind of wonder if that's the level of difficulty it's at or a little harder

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

How was cyber shadow? That game is on my list to potentially platinum. I've even done the messenger platinum, kind of wonder if that's the level of difficulty it's at or a little harder

I played Messenger on Switch (back when regular travel was possible lol) so I didn't trophy hunt it though I think I collected everything. For just regular gameplay, Cyber Shadow seemed harder but shorter.

Platinum is 3 playthroughs--

1. All upgrades.
2. No upgrades.
3. Beat under 3 hours (and use cloud saves to get to dojo w/o dying)

You could combine 2 and 3 but it'd be a pain in the rear end. There's trophies for alt ways to kill all bosses, which would be easiest in #1 but I wanted to play blind so I did it in 2. There's an in-game list of feats (trophies) in chronological order that makes checking them off easy. None are too bad except for this one mid game boss (mekadragon) who is weirdly much harder than most other enemies in the game, for both regular play and the trophy. I captured a video of my trophy kill and put it on truetrophies; it would have helped me do it faster if I had seen it beforehand.

#2 is the hardest. It means that you can take 1-2 hits before dying and unlike most platformers, you have barely any invuln frames after you take a hit so you tend to blow up all at once. The game isn't really about attrition though. It's about getting through a few difficult screens to reach the next check point. Personally I handle 'hard but quick' better than marathon sessions of medium difficulty. I was worried about the beating the 3 phase final boss, but on my no upgrade run I crushed him on the first try without getting hit so it's definitely a game you quickly get better at. Plat took me ~20 hours.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

ultrachrist posted:

I played Messenger on Switch (back when regular travel was possible lol) so I didn't trophy hunt it though I think I collected everything. For just regular gameplay, Cyber Shadow seemed harder but shorter.

Platinum is 3 playthroughs--

1. All upgrades.
2. No upgrades.
3. Beat under 3 hours (and use cloud saves to get to dojo w/o dying)

You could combine 2 and 3 but it'd be a pain in the rear end. There's trophies for alt ways to kill all bosses, which would be easiest in #1 but I wanted to play blind so I did it in 2. There's an in-game list of feats (trophies) in chronological order that makes checking them off easy. None are too bad except for this one mid game boss (mekadragon) who is weirdly much harder than most other enemies in the game, for both regular play and the trophy. I captured a video of my trophy kill and put it on truetrophies; it would have helped me do it faster if I had seen it beforehand.

#2 is the hardest. It means that you can take 1-2 hits before dying and unlike most platformers, you have barely any invuln frames after you take a hit so you tend to blow up all at once. The game isn't really about attrition though. It's about getting through a few difficult screens to reach the next check point. Personally I handle 'hard but quick' better than marathon sessions of medium difficulty. I was worried about the beating the 3 phase final boss, but on my no upgrade run I crushed him on the first try without getting hit so it's definitely a game you quickly get better at. Plat took me ~20 hours.

Really appreciate all this info. I already have the game and I know it's up my alley so it's a matter of just putting in the effort on the additional playthroughs. I'm saving it for when I'm really in the mood for 2d adventure.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I should be at 94/250 for the Hardcore Risette Fan achievement in Persona 4. I found a spreadsheet someone made of all or at least most of her lines and have been ticking them off as I go.

I really wish there was a counter in game somewhere. I wonder how close I was on my first play through?

edit: 125/250 now if my count is right.

edit2: 161/250.

edit3: 225/250 now hopefully.

edit4: 251/250. No achievement. Must of counted things that don't count.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 20, 2021

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

OhFunny posted:

I should be at 94/250 for the Hardcore Risette Fan achievement in Persona 4. I found a spreadsheet someone made of all or at least most of her lines and have been ticking them off as I go.

I really wish there was a counter in game somewhere. I wonder how close I was on my first play through?

Does steam not have an achievement tracker?

Xbox (since Xbox one) and ps5 games now can track progress within an achievement/trophy so you can see how many you're missing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Cyber Shadow plays like a bunch of distinct levels, but there are some Metroid elements. The game is divided into distinct levels, with fast travel terminals at the transition between each. You only loop back through previously visited zones a couple of times. A few upgrade items require backtracking. Any bosses you defeat or paths that you open stay like that permanently. Two whole levels can’t be revisited, though no upgrades ever get locked away.
The system is better for backtracking for upgrades, but worse for replaying bosses or sequences for cheevos/fun. I’d have preferred it if it was just distinct levels that you could replay since there is so little branching.

There are a few achievements I’ve found that you can backtrack to do where it’s not readily apparent:
-Doing the Waste Disposal elevator sequence without killing flies
-You can do the achievement to reach the Crusher without killing enemies after you’ve come back with upgrades like health and the double jump. The wording might imply the Crusher still has to be alive, but no.

I’d recommend saving some of the harder ones for future play throughs just so your first isn’t an exercise in frustration, like killing the Meka Dragon without touching the water or completing the motorcycle sequence with no damage. The game is very tough, but fair and generally predictable, but it doesn’t seem balanced around the tougher sequence-specific achievements.

Some specify “normal mode,” but there are currently no alternative difficulties or new game+. I hear it’s being worked on.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 15, 2021

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

Cyber Shadow plays like a bunch of distinct levels, but there are some Metroid elements. The game is divided into distinct levels, with fast travel terminals at the transition between each. You only loop back through previously visited zones a couple of times. A few upgrade items require backtracking. Any bosses you defeat or paths that you open stay like that permanently. Two whole levels can’t be revisited, though no upgrades ever get locked away.
The system is better for backtracking for upgrades, but worse for replaying bosses or sequences for cheevos/fun. I’d have preferred it if it was just distinct levels that you could replay since there is so little branching.

There are a few achievements I’ve found that you can backtrack to do where it’s not readily apparent:
-Doing the Waste Disposal elevator sequence without killing flies
-You can do the achievement to reach the Crusher without killing enemies after you’ve come back with upgrades like health and the double jump. The wording might imply the Crusher still has to be alive, but no.

I’d recommend saving some of the harder ones for future play throughs just so your first isn’t an exercise in frustration, like killing the Meka Dragon without touching the water or completing the motorcycle sequence with no damage. The game is very tough, but fair and generally predictable, but it doesn’t seem balanced around the tougher sequence-specific achievements.

Some specify “normal mode,” but there are currently no alternative difficulties or new game+. I hear it’s being worked on.

Agreed that the 'return to levels' feature is kind of half-backed. I like that they acknowledge that the people collecting all items are completionists anyway and make a few of the return trips more difficult than the base level. But this only matters on the 100% playthru, you completely ignore backtracking for the other ones.

I would also recommend doing the 'don't kill the flies' feat later. It sucks without upgrades. I had no idea the 'reach the crusher' feat could be done after Crusher was dead, wow. That makes way more sense because getting by the enemy at the end of the first screen sucks without double jump/shadow dash.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Xbox (since Xbox one) and ps5 games now can track progress within an achievement/trophy so you can see how many you're missing.

This isn't directed to me, but does the console versions of Persona 4 have progress trackers? Steam has this capability but it's game-specific and not application wide.

In other news, I'm still cranking away on the Darksiders 2 platinum. The collectible system in the game is pretty annoying, and I would absolutely recommend anyone who attempts this to at least track their own collectible progress as they work through the game. Had I been noting which collectibles I picked up, and generally where, it would have made my clean-up stage significantly easier.
Collectibles in the game are tracked globally, so if you have 34/35 mystic stonebites, and you didn't note where you picked them up, you literally have to follow a guide and check every spot mentioned.

Also, playing through with a guide open the first run is acceptable. But this isn't a Sony first party title like GoW or Spider-Man where collectibles are easy to find, so buyer beware.

Still a really fun game and I'd been meaning to check out the series for some time.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

Like Anti-Hero said Steam can track your progress on achievements, but that's on the devs. Since Persona 4 Golden is a Vita game I don't believe that was something included at the time.

Missed three boss lines when I killed two of them to fast due to using high level personas from my first run, but hopefully that won't bite me to hard later down the line. Halfway with just half the party.

Edit: If I've mapped things out correctly it's time to take Rise to level 2 for the enemy scan dialogue. Those alone should take the count to 175. Then get the last party member and finish up the lines for status ailments and enemy kills. If that's not quite enough the remaining lines for boss moves should push me over the finish line.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 16, 2021

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Y'all steam achievement hunters need to manage your expectations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

McSpanky posted:

Y'all steam achievement hunters need to manage your expectations.

That'll get you banned from most 3rd party leaderboard sites. And it defeats the spirit of the hunt!

fake edit: But yeah, this is a big reason why Steam achievements aren't viewed as "legit" in most people's eyes. Though I understand you can still hack console trophies/achievements, but it's likely more obscure than SAM.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Oh thank the sweet completion gods I finally got Hardcore Risette Fan. What a grind that was and one where I wasn't exactly sure where I was on it.

I really hope I'm on track for getting all the social links maxed on this second play through, but I may need to do a third.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I mean on one hand it's an annoying grind...

... but on the other hand, if you're not a Risette fan, then what are you doing with your fake high school life?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I was texting with a friend and trophies on the PS systems have been good to me because I actually try and finish a lot more games these days. He was talking about how he might buy Persona 5 Strikers at some point and I asked him if he finished Persona 5 yet. Still hasn’t, and he bought the OG and Royal. Thanks to me gunning for those plat trophies I beat both versions.

I still buy a lot of games though and sometimes
It does lead to me not playing one for long periods of time because of how much I focus on the game I’m playing. It’s a lot better than the PS2 days though where I have an absolutely huge collection and probably only beat like, a third of them.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Alright, nailed down another platinum milestone!

Platinum 250: Nioh 2 (PS4) I did ps5 earlier this month and decided to make the ps4 version of this game as my 250th.

A quick refresher of my milestone platinums:

Demon's Souls - PS3 - (1)

(a quick rundown of my first ten platinums, all on ps3: Demon's Souls, Demon's Souls, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dead space 1-3, Mass Effect 1-3)

Sega Mega Drive collection - PS4 - (75) I chose this because the platinum is called Retro God.

Sekiro - PS4 - (100)

Arcade Game Series - Pac Man - PS4 - (150) the platinum is called Retro Gamer.

Demon's Souls - PS5 - (200)

Nioh 2 - PS4 - (250)

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 25, 2021

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Ineffiable posted:

Mass Effect 1-3

Speaking of, looking forward to (hopefully) platting all of these a few months from now.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

PS5 version of FF7 Remake announced. Glad I held on to my disc copy! I hope there's a separate trophy list.

I still have a hard mode playthrough on the PS4 version to do, though, so I can plat that one. Not sure if I'll finish that off first or jump right into the PS5 one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I think every single PS4 -> PS5 port has had a separate trophy list. Seems like that's just how it works.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Dr. Eldarion posted:

PS5 version of FF7 Remake announced. Glad I held on to my disc copy! I hope there's a separate trophy list.

I still have a hard mode playthrough on the PS4 version to do, though, so I can plat that one. Not sure if I'll finish that off first or jump right into the PS5 one.

I'm in the same boat, and I think I'll finish up the PS4 copy before tackling the PS5. I imagine going PS5 -> PS4 copy will be disappointing.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Speaking of, looking forward to (hopefully) platting all of these a few months from now.

Yup I got the remaster pre-ordered and probably will plat all those again.

I'm fairly certain ff7r will have a new trophy list (every ps5 game of a ps4 game so far has its own list) and it'll probably pop some trophies when you transfer saves.

It's weird how many ps4 games are getting ps5 upgrades (hello mortal shell and the persistence) but it's more trophies we can earn! If you love the game you get a chance to do it twice (like I did for Nioh 2!)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dr. Eldarion posted:

As I recall getting the squadmates achievements in ME1 can be time-consuming because it requires at least three distinct playthroughs, one of which you’ll want to do as NG+ so that you have a chance of hitting max level. You also have to visit Therum early on one of those runs in order to have a chance at getting Liara’s achievement.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

As I recall getting the squadmates achievements in ME1 can be time-consuming because it requires at least three distinct playthroughs, one of which you’ll want to do as NG+ so that you have a chance of hitting max level. You also have to visit Therum early on one of those runs in order to have a chance at getting Liara’s achievement.

Bioware said they've rebalanced the exp gain so you can hit level 60 in one play through.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

:woop: I've done it goons! After 153hrs and nearly three playthroughs I've gotten all Persona 4 Golden's achievements! :woop:

and not only that, but the achievement for completion is now my rarest Steam achievement! :toot:

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 26, 2021

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

OhFunny posted:

Bioware said they've rebalanced the exp gain so you can hit level 60 in one play through.

Yeah the question is if they've reworked the trophy list for the remake (imagine if it's just one plat for all the games) or if it's identical to the original.

You'd still have to play three times for all squad mates bonding.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah the question is if they've reworked the trophy list for the remake (imagine if it's just one plat for all the games) or if it's identical to the original.

I really hope they don’t do that poo poo the Danganronpa collection for PS4 did that and boy i did not want to play the 2 games back to back to plat the thing.

1 game = 1 list you cowards. (Unless it’s a collection of old games that can be beat quick and together make up one modern game length)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

I really hope they don’t do that poo poo the Danganronpa collection for PS4 did that and boy i did not want to play the 2 games back to back to plat the thing.

1 game = 1 list you cowards. (Unless it’s a collection of old games that can be beat quick and together make up one modern game length)

Yeah this has been very inconsistent on Playstation.

Dangan Ronpa 1-2 was one list, the walking dead collection was one list.

Bioshock was three separate lists and two separate installs.

Dmc HD collection is three lists but one big install. Same for Spyro, Crash and Uncharted collections.

I think the silent hill and zone of the ender collections are separate lists (but that's all the way back on ps3)

Anyone have any other examples?

It's still likely to be three lists with three platinums but they absolutely could make it one if they wanted.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

OhFunny posted:

:woop: I've done it goons! After 153hrs and nearly three playthroughs I've gotten all Persona 4 Golden's achievements! :woop:

Woo! Congrats. What a fantastic game that is.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah this has been very inconsistent on Playstation.

Dangan Ronpa 1-2 was one list, the walking dead collection was one list.

Bioshock was three separate lists and two separate installs.

Dmc HD collection is three lists but one big install. Same for Spyro, Crash and Uncharted collections.

I think the silent hill and zone of the ender collections are separate lists (but that's all the way back on ps3)

Anyone have any other examples?

It's still likely to be three lists with three platinums but they absolutely could make it one if they wanted.

The zero escape collection smashed two games into one list. 999 never had a trophy list at all, but VLR did. The games are short enough that I don’t think that one is super egregious.

The Uncharted Collection made them all separate trophy lists and removed the online trophy requirements from 2 & 3.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

You'd still have to play three times for all squad mates bonding.

Probably not. It's three playthroughs for normal, hardcore, and insane difficulty achievements anyway.

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Woo! Congrats. What a fantastic game that is.

Thanks! It is a great game.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

OhFunny posted:

and not only that, but the achievement for completion is now my rarest Steam achievement! :toot:

Congrats! Some of you guys are machines.

I started playing Persona 5 Strikers yesterday. I still want to Plat Persona 5, but it's daunting. I haven't even looked at the trophy list for Strikers yet. :sweatdrop:

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
^I'm about to start Strikers myself. Seems like a straightforward trophy list.

My latest platinum is from Monster Sanctuary, which is a mix of pokemon and metroidvania. It was a pretty fun game but also frustrating since it was almost an excellent game. The platinum isn't too bad-- mostly it's just doing everything in the game and then clearing the whole map plus 5 starring all the bosses (which are easy to refight). The common online strategies for beating the bosses didn't work for me. I'm not sure if the game was patched or if I just didn't have enough end game items. It was fun coming up with my own team combos to beat them all though.

I also crossed 100k achievement points on Xbox. My first achievement was in Oblivion in August of 2007, which I would go on to 100%. I remember this vividly, because at the time, I was working the overnight shift so I was basically a vampire who woke up at 6-7pm, ate breakfast, played Oblivion for an hour or two, then went to work. My most recent achievement was yesterday in... Snowrunner. My life situation dramatically improved in the interim.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Platinum 251 down.

Manifold Garden.

It's a good puzzle game with a very unique art style

The platinum is mostly straightforward, with the exception of one. You have to do a 0% run of the game which uses very deviously hidden secret paths. Basically just follow a video guide.

I think what I want to do for 2021 is I want to achieve at least 52 platinums this year, this comes down to an average of one a week. I think I'm already at 22 so I just need 30 more and just need to reach 281 total platinums. We'll see if I can get there but what's really helping is the sheer number of ps4 game upgrades to ps5 that helps boost this. I can get another one from Nioh 1 later this year whenever the remaster goes on sale, and once little nightmares ps5 comes out I can platinum that in basically one playthrough for a quick platinum. And I'm sure there's more I can do. And some short indie games like Manifold Garden can help fill in the gaps because it takes me closer to two weeks to finish a long one like Persona 5 Royal or Nioh 2.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Speaking of PS4 -> PS5 upgrades, are most of those title's autopopping trophies when booting up the PS5 version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

Speaking of PS4 -> PS5 upgrades, are most of those title's autopopping trophies when booting up the PS5 version?

Nioh 2 pops like 80% of the trophies (Nioh 1 is the same way) but it takes only takes like two hours to pop the missing trophies.

The big factor in the auto pop is if the game supports save transfer. Yakuza Like a Dragon won't, so I held off playing that game until the PS5 version. Crash 4 does have a save transfer so it'll probably auto pop.