Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eric Cantonese posted:

Did they have fantasy draft parties in Europe before the pandemic? (I suppose you can't really do that with football, although I'm sure you could do a bunch of silly things during the transfer windows.)

Americans love their fantasy sports and we won't stop until we've brought that plague everywhere else.

I think I can safely speak for all and say "lol no you fuckin losers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Bundy posted:

I think I can safely speak for all and say "lol no you fuckin losers"

:hmmyes:

I live in the states and pity those lonely enough to watch the pseudo-slave auction NFL Combine crap.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I live in the states and pity those lonely enough to watch the pseudo-slave auction NFL Combine crap.

The combine doesn’t have anything to do with fantasy football draft parties

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

:chloe:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Yeah, I'm the bad guy for having a poor opinion on literally bidding on people for entertainment. lol

get hosed.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Yeah, I'm the bad guy for having a poor opinion on literally bidding on people for entertainment. lol

get hosed.

Get mad because you’re trying to force some point when it doesn’t even make sense, got it

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

get hosed.

It was an extremely bad take and is an incredible overstatement of highly paid sports players there of their own agency for their talents to be sought after, in comparison to the loving slave trade and lmao that this needs spelling out

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

These forums are even cooler than usual lately

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Get all worked up if you want.

I can still dislike that system for the similarities and there's gently caress-all you can do about it.

:shrug:

vvv You can certainly try.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 23, 2021

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I can still dislike that system for the similarities and there's gently caress-all you can do about it.

Well, I can mock you for it

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

vvv You can certainly try.

The combine still isn’t a fantasy draft party you weirdo

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

The combine still isn’t a fantasy draft party you weirdo

On the off-chance you're not just trying to bait me, I've been invited to combine parties and heartily passed because I disagree with how they present players (akin to an auction) and how lonely and boring that party would have been. Additionally, they never have good beer.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

For non plastic Americans what's the combine ?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jre posted:

The bad guys in Half-Life 2

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

jre posted:

I think it’s used to harvest corn

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

paddyboat posted:

I think it’s used to harvest corn

No you're thinking of a combine

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

On the off-chance you're not just trying to bait me, I've been invited to combine parties and heartily passed because I disagree with how they present players (akin to an auction) and how lonely and boring that party would have been. Additionally, they never have good beer.

Are you thinking of the NFL draft?

The combine is where players workout in the hopes of raising their stock for the draft.

The draft is when players get selected by teams.

Fantasy draft parties are unrelated to either of these things

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
It's like some trialist thing where fat old men judge a bunch of non professional players on how fast they can run 100m in body armor or run around some cones so they can pick them up as pros later or some poo poo.

Anyway shut up about it because it's fuckin stupid. In summation:

Bape Culture posted:

These forums are even cooler than usual lately

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

It’s from The Athletic and thus behind a paywall but this is a nutso story about how Fenerbahce believes BeIn Sports, who hold the TV rights to the Turkish league, is actively conspiring against them

https://theathletic.com/2403249/2021/02/23/bein-sport-taking-legal-action-ozil-fenerbahce-befair-t-shirts/

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
A literal auction for the free agents on deadline day would be well good. All your favourite academy rejects and 35 year olds who were denied another one year extension doing soccer am style skill challenges in front of all the managers. Crufts style agility courses where some fat league one striker has to go round the cones and over the balance beam while being led around by his agent. Put that on sky sports news for 12 hours

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

In case you missed it, Odemwingie’s melting down

https://twitter.com/OdemwingieP/status/1364213798844964866?s=20

https://twitter.com/OdemwingieP/status/1363944928661954566?s=20

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Quick, someone tell him QPR want to buy him again. That'll shut him up for a few hours!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

HAARP activity prevented the call the would have let him go to QPR getting through.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

the sex ghost posted:

A literal auction for the free agents on deadline day would be well good. All your favourite academy rejects and 35 year olds who were denied another one year extension doing soccer am style skill challenges in front of all the managers. Crufts style agility courses where some fat league one striker has to go round the cones and over the balance beam while being led around by his agent. Put that on sky sports news for 12 hours

A better system would be all players and managers and owners are thrown into a bin then the bin is set on fire.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Yeah I'd give that a watch

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Make it open bar and we've got a new mXc

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
What if they included agents?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

brocked posted:

What if they included agents?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

Yeah I'd give that a watch

I think Leeds trialled something similar twenty years ago, to be fair

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1366340468989177856?s=19

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Now that's loving funny.

Also: https://twitter.com/SiqueRodriguez/status/1366338043511193605

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The triangles post but the triangles are fragments of incriminating documents as theyre shredded frantically

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Unrelated, but yikes @ pulisic

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

:sickos:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
You know it's bad when the head of legal gets arrested

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheRat posted:

#semiprofessionalairsofter

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

TheRat posted:

anqueefa

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CyberPingu posted:

#semiprofessionalairsofter

lol

3peat
May 6, 2010

I found out today that haaland and pulisic are nazis, and am now feeling vindicated for hating them bc all their lovely goals get a million upvotes on reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Still plenty of room on the Weston McKennie bandwagon