Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

So the makers of Mr. Potato Head are dropping the Mr. (and the Mrs.) so they can include all the parts in one box and sell more. So, cue the outrage and this cursed image:

https://twitter.com/duncan_colton/status/1365046763577626632

that idiots brain is actually rotten

:brainworms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
All that brain-breaking and worm-exposing was because of an AP fuckup.

https://twitter.com/Beschizza/status/1365058847409393673

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Generation Internet posted:

Should have been more specific, I'm in Ontario.

I'm feeling helpless that we're completely reliant on vaccine exports while the US is able to manufacture domestically.

i'm just endlessly angry about how loving awful ontario is handling this poo poo.

our asses are gonna get pushed in by the third wave because The Coward Douglas Ford has no idea what he's doing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

i'm just endlessly angry about how loving awful ontario is handling this poo poo.

our asses are gonna get pushed in by the third wave because The Coward Douglas Ford has no idea what he's doing.

Which Ford had a crippling cocaine addiction?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Soylent Pudding posted:

As of a week ago the Israeli vaccine program only applies to Palestinian residents but not guest workers.

https://www.bbc.com/news/55800921

It was an emperor Palpatine quote based on autocorrect.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ultra Carp

orange juche posted:

Rob, the crack mayor of Toronto, he died back in... 2015 I wanna say.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

orange juche posted:

His brother, and it was less crippling addiction and more, much more, realising his potential for total insanity. Say what you will about Rob Ford, he won't be forgotten by history.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 25, 2021

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

piL posted:

It was an emperor Palpatine quote based on autocorrect.

I thought it sounded familiar.

Also hey GiP thanks for being a forum where this Jewish poster can ask honest Palestine/Israel questions about the sus party line my fam is hearing at temple without everything devolving into relentless shitflinging.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
gip is, ironically, the sanest subforum on SA.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

And this is the "goulish, conspiracy-mongering" forum that Caro posted in. Wonder how he's been doing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jimmy Smuts posted:

And this is the "goulish, conspiracy-mongering" forum that Caro posted in. Wonder how he's been doing

Staying as far off the radar as possible, I would wager.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The only un-perma-dead poster, unless I'm mistaken.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soylent Pudding posted:

I thought it sounded familiar.

Also hey GiP thanks for being a forum where this Jewish poster can ask honest Palestine/Israel questions about the sus party line my fam is hearing at temple without everything devolving into relentless shitflinging.

where does the I/P conflict stand on gun control?

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

orange juche posted:

Staying as far off the radar as possible, I would wager.

He surfaced recently to give advice to somebody about urban combat, I think they were talking about it on Twitter? It was the first time he's said anything since Syria, I thought he was hospitalized or something but apparently he's out and about.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

boop the snoot posted:

pro-rocket

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1365081667954757634

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I vaguely remember there was a chart of "who is shooting who in syria", anyone mind digging that up? because I can't remember who is mad at who right now.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Defenestrategy posted:

I vaguely remember there was a chart of "who is shooting who in syria", anyone mind digging that up? because I can't remember who is mad at who right now.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ultra Carp
buuuuuuuullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

https://twitter.com/gregorykorte/status/1365093502116372483?s=20

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

For reference, a minimum wage increase is super-duper toast, at least as a part of the COVID bill. Senate Democrats won't overrule the parliamentarian (Manchin, Sinema et al), so it's dead dead. Ironically, probably means the COVID bill absolutely sails through the Senate.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
What's the loving point of holding a majority if you don't actually exercise power?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

facialimpediment posted:

For reference, a minimum wage increase is super-duper toast, at least as a part of the COVID bill. Senate Democrats won't overrule the parliamentarian (Manchin, Sinema et al), so it's dead dead. Ironically, probably means the COVID bill absolutely sails through the Senate.

Manchin has said he endorses $11 in two years, so I think that's what we get.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Generation Internet posted:

Should have been more specific, I'm in Ontario.

I'm feeling helpless that we're completely reliant on vaccine exports while the US is able to manufacture domestically.

My bad. I read it as someone thinking OP was from the american state of Ontario to get a sick burn in, so had to try and get my own sick burn in. 😬

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

A Bad Poster posted:

What's the loving point of holding a majority if you don't actually exercise power?

In a 50-50 Senate, you're at the mercy of the Senator closest to the other party. That's roughly why Republicans could only get tax cuts done (Murkowski/Collins stopped the extracray) and why Democrats can't overrule parliamentary bullshit nonsense (Manchin/Sinema and moderates want to keep it for their own power).

A minimum wage increase isn't the power that those want to exercise. So they'll sit on the excuse and pass everything else, plus probably a huge transportation week bill. Judges too. I wouldn't get your hopes up for much else.

Mr. Nice! posted:

In what bill though? Reconciliation 50-vote bills are out. "Moderate" Republicans are endorsing a $10 minimum wage, in six years, only if paired with mega anti-illegal immigrant poo poo. You won't get 60, even with Florida voting for a $15 wage with 60% in a state Biden got 48% in.

Edit: With that said, progressives in the House kinda saw this coming and were only going to be turbopissed if it was Senate Democrats stripping it and not the parliamentarian. https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/politics/minimum-wage-fight-progressives/index.html

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 26, 2021

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Isn't this their last shot until midterms to pass poo poo without having to deal with republicans at all?

Are you thinking it's possible that ten republicans will vote raising the minimum wage?

Are you thinking that it's possible democrats are gonna end the fillibuster?

Are you thinking that some how against all logic, the democrats are gonna deliver good poo poo to people and not alienate leftists enough to pick up ten more seats?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

didnt the GOP ignore senate rules and passed poo poo that the parliamentarian said shouldnt be included?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Defenestrategy posted:

Isn't this their last shot until midterms to pass poo poo without having to deal with republicans at all?

Second-to-last. You get three reconciliation bills per year, specific to spending, revenue, and the debt limit. I believe this one's the spending reconciliation bill. The revenue bill is up next, and it's going to be on infrastructure, and Bernie's running the show. I believe they just have to make a tax increase/cut and it qualifies.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

didnt the GOP ignore senate rules and passed poo poo that the parliamentarian said shouldnt be included?

They fired the parliamentarian in 2001. They wanted to overrule her in the 2017 Obamacare thing, but it fizzled.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 26, 2021

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

gently caress!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ultra Carp
As unlikely as it sounds I do think it is possible the filibuster will get knocked out at some point this year, after the Dems knock out the easier-to-pass stimulus and infrastructure reconciliation bills and the Republicans begin filibustering everything else. The question is how long and how much it'll take to get Sinema and Manchin to flip, but it's not a possibility I'd discount entirely.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Hey look its a party that actually knows how to exercise power:

Republicans Bulldoze Senate Rules to Advance Amy Coney Barrett Supreme Court Nomination

edit:

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1365107497086894081

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 26, 2021

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Lucy Parsons posted:

Let every dirty, lousy tramp arm himself with a revolver or a knife, and lay in wait on the steps of the palaces of the rich and stab or shoot the owners as they come out. Let us kill them without mercy, and let it be a war of extermination.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

What makes you think they aren't doing what they want?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
In other news, I got a call from the VA and scheduled an appointment to get the Moderna vaccine next week. Woo.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

In other news, I got a call from the VA and scheduled an appointment to get the Moderna vaccine next week. Woo.

The second shot will put you down for 48 hours.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

boop the snoot posted:

When I was in Israel the Israelis I spoke with were horrified at how unregulated guns are in the US.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Grats to you and Mr. Nice.

My civvy rear end was smart enough not to enlist but now I can’t get my wife w/ COPD a shot in DeSantis’s FL because we’re not close enough to dead yet.

Maybe one day...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

PeterCat posted:

The second shot will put you down for 48 hours.

First shot put my mom down for a long, chilly nap. Next shot put my mom in two sweaters and two blankets for a day and a half, then she woke up today like nothing ever happened. Immune responses with no underlying infection are wild.

Still can't schedule my (divorced) dad for a first shot. County-by-county systems are weird.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I did see a vaccination site pop up by Oriole Park in Baltimore recently, so I think they're getting their asses in gear to get shots in arms. Fingers crossed that some point this year I'll be able to get a shot.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Was told that a lot of people are lining up outside of bay area clinics in case they have extras to get a shot. I dont know about other states but it could be an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm forced to go to the office and work around people all day. Can I pay a GPU scalper to stand in line for me?