Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i'm guessing we'll see him in at least a couple more marvel films after spidey 3 like we did rdj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Maybe. There's been a rumor/supposed leak since FFH released that Marvel really, really wants the MCU Spidey to be a high schooler, and they think the character and actor are aging out of that.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Isn't all of that not up to them anyway? The contract was also with Sony.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

i'm guessing we'll see him in at least a couple more marvel films after spidey 3 like we did rdj

There's no incentive for Sony to sign off on that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cythereal posted:

Maybe. There's been a rumor/supposed leak since FFH released that Marvel really, really wants the MCU Spidey to be a high schooler, and they think the character and actor are aging out of that.

This would be stupid and I hope they know better, it's just kicking the can down the road anyway.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it would make more sense if the next big team up movie wasn't years away. might as well just introduce miles

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If they do it to introduce Miles that's a different story, I'd be down with it

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

In the same interview where he said this was the last one on his contract he also said he'd sign to make 10 more without a moment of hesitation and even added that Sony and Marvel have worked out their deal now and something like what happened after Far From Home is not likely to happen again. He said he just wanted a little break before the next one.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The next Spider-Man is a crossover with the Homestar universe

ftfy

Phylodox posted:

The only thing I remember about Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was Sub-Zero showing up out of nowhere, saying “I will aid you in your quest!”, and then immediately running offscreen never to be seen again.

too bad YOU.....don't remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OocVcZodzII

if I'm gonna credit that movie with anything, it's the We Hate Movies riff on James-Remar-Raiden being your mom's boyfriend with a Trans Am who really likes your mom but isn't trying to replace your dad, Devon.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

If only there was a way we could have Peter remain in high school for one more day...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Spider-Man: Home More Day

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They're introducing covid to the mcu?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What you do is have Tom Holland retire as Spider-Man. However the MCU introduces four new heroes: Dusk, Hornet, Prodigy and and Ricochet. All of them are played by Tom Holland. There is no reference made to "Spider-Man" at any point.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Watching Stryker do police brutalities in Chicago in tyool 2021 is uhhhhhhhhhh not good

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
watching that fatality had me like :stonk:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I can't loving beleive that half this thread is watching mortal kombat cut scenes this si bananas

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Soonmot posted:

I can't loving beleive that half this thread is watching mortal kombat cut scenes this si bananas

Why? They’re fun, and technology has progressed to the point that Mortal Kombat 11 is pretty much just a long movie with some fighting interludes. Hell, I’ve never played either The Last of Us games, but I watched them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Soonmot posted:

i'm glad we could all experience this together

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Mortal Kombat brought peace to a thread on the break of destruction. That being said Sonya's MK 9 costume is beyond terrible, even compared to the other terrible costumes the women have in this game.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They went full horny in that game.

:nws:

:nws:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Every woman in this game looks like they must be in incredible pain at all times.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

JT Smiley posted:

Every woman in this game looks like they must be in incredible pain at all times.

They're fighting for the protection of Earthrealm.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Someone summon Gavok to talk about how his Mortal Kombat fanfiction is literally the backstory of one of the characters and he never saw a dime for it.

In it for the love of the game, a true mensch.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
IT'S WEIRD THAT Mileena there actually has, like, a sensible body (despite the titty bar outfit) because Sonia's 32Q's are just insane.

Shirkelton posted:

Someone summon Gavok to talk about how his Mortal Kombat fanfiction is literally the backstory of one of the characters and he never saw a dime for it.

In it for the love of the game, a true mensch.
EXPLAIN!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I mean, I don't want to tell a crappy version of his own story, but I think he used to have like a Gamefaqs thing that charted everyone's backstories and it got the attention of some of the writers, he talked to one of them (I think John Vogel?) who gave him props for it, Gavok explained his theory that Noob Saibot was actually the original Sub-Zero due to their timelines linking up and their shared fatalities and Vogel liked the idea so much that he got approval to use it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Shirkelton posted:

I mean, I don't want to tell a crappy version of his own story, but I think he used to have like a Gamefaqs thing that charted everyone's backstories and it got the attention of some of the writers, he talked to one of them (I think John Vogel?) who gave him props for it, Gavok explained his theory that Noob Saibot was actually the original Sub-Zero due to their timelines linking up and their shared fatalities and Vogel liked the idea so much that he got approval to use it.

That's pretty much it exactly.

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah so they killed his rear end offscreen in the games, and when they brought him back in 4 due to fan demand he was much more of a joke character.

They actually brought him back for MK Trilogy as played by a different actor (and realizing that it would be cooler to just have him fight with sunglasses on). Interestingly enough, his MKT storyline was played really serious. He was killed during the invasion, but Kahn took over Earthrealm right when Cage's soul was supposed to cross over. He's alive again, but knows that saving the day will undo that and kill him. He insists on doing the right thing and all the other good guys are inspired by his determined selflessness.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
drat gavok you got loving robbed

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JT Smiley posted:

At the very least back pain.

I'm glad they brought MK11 Mileena back from MKX's weird 'fangs around lips' design.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Scummy on their part not to not give any credit but cool that you got to shape a character?? Don't know how to feel about this

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I have no regrets or axes to grind.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm trying to imagine what they would've done with Noob if he wasn't MK1 Sub-Zero.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

I'm trying to imagine what they would've done with Noob if he wasn't MK1 Sub-Zero.

It's a theory so good that it feels like a thing that was planned all along.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's always struck me weird how much 90s comics DNA is in Mortal Kombat when the first batch of games were made using digitized scans of films instead of drawrings

MK's proximity to DC almost feels like an inevitability at this point

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

YES SIGN ME UP

quote:

Deadline has confirmed that Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing a Superman reboot feature for Warner Bros and DC, which J.J. Abrams is producing under his Bad Robot label.
https://deadline.com/2021/02/superman-reboot-in-the-works-at-warner-bros-with-ta-nehisi-coates-writing-j-j-abrams-producing-1234701922/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Neither Coates nor Abrams are names I'd have expected to see attached to Superman and I can't imagine what that combined angle on him is gonna look like. It'll be neat to find out.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's nuts to me that one of the generation's pre-eminent thinkers on race is also a pretty good comics writer. Not a complaint, that's just wild to think about. The medium's come a long way.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I mean, Abrams isn't a surefire bet or anything, but it's promising news. Having Coates on this project is really cool.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Arist posted:

It's nuts to me that one of the generation's pre-eminent thinkers on race is also a pretty good comics writer. Not a complaint, that's just wild to think about. The medium's come a long way.

The first half of his Black Panther run and his Captain America run are both excellent comics. The current half of his Black Panther leaves a lot to be desired. But I have no doubt he'll absolutely nail Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Oh hell yes