Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
EGS just put up Sunless Sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Stickman posted:

Another Big Fish Game code: FREEGAME835324 [Reddit thread]

Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune free on IndieGala. Weird Looking HOG with decent reviews and standard HOG naming structure?

Thanks a lot for posting these Big Fish giveaways, the games are great timewasters.

Where are you finding them all, anyway?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Quill posted:

EGS just put up Sunless Sea.

If you try it and like the general concept and writing but find a lot of things (difficulty curve especially) jacked up, just know that Sunless Skies improves on all that substantially. Seas is good but Early Access really did a number on it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are plenty of mods for sunless sea on nexus if you want to unfuck the difficulty

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Hobojim posted:

Thanks a lot for posting these Big Fish giveaways, the games are great timewasters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGameFindings/comments/ljh3xt/big_fish_game_game_of_your_choice/

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, I didn't know Luxor 2 is in the Big Fish store, so here's one good use of that free code!

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Sine Mora EX got added to Prime Gaming today:

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256682621/movie480.webm?t=1502184517

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Hobojim posted:

Like Xander said, it's just from the Reddit thread. I've never been able to figure out where they originate from though - there's enough sites sharing them that it's pretty impossible to pinpoint a source.

Saoshyant posted:

Well, I didn't know Luxor 2 is in the Big Fish store, so here's one good use of that free code!

The Hero of the Kingdom series is pretty great, too. They're sort of isometric adventures with cyoa and resource management elements. 1/2 and The Lost Tales are all good, but 3 upped the combat and grind and suffered for it.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 26, 2021

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Can you ever get free games that install on Android like this? There's a bunch of games there that would be way better on my phone (not the HOGs, but all those match 3s).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gromit posted:

Can you ever get free games that install on Android like this? There's a bunch of games there that would be way better on my phone (not the HOGs, but all those match 3s).

It's pretty rare, but in terms of match 3s aren't there a bazillion free ones that have always been free?

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Saoshyant posted:

Read the same reddit comment, grabbed the same game :thumbsup:

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Heads up, apparently Prime games are no longer accessible through the Twitch app, Amazon Games is now the top dog. Having to download all these storefronts for free poo poo is one thing, and obsoleting them & forcing me to download a new one is another thing, but not letting me choose where to install my free games apart from which drive? That's just going too far! I'm a caveman who likes using and keeping an organized file system, and Amazon demanding I install prime freebies outside of D:/Games/Free_dogshit/whocares is an affront to my aesthetic sense. I demand satisfaction.

e; I guess this is a staggered rollout that started a couple months ago, so not everyone is being denied by the Twitch app yet but everybody will have to switch eventually.

treat fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 26, 2021

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
god drat amazon is always loving around with their systems integrations and making weird, sweeping changes that make "the amazon customer experience" a bit more lovely each day

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

god drat amazon is always loving around with their systems integrations and making weird, sweeping changes that make "the amazon customer experience" a bit more lovely each day

edit: but the main thing is you all rule for posting these free games. seriously. THANK YOU!

(edit: edit: oh for christ sake what's wrong with me tonight with the loving quote/edit? Did I just get put in charge of amazon?)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Thankfully the Amazon Games app seems quite a bit less bloated than the old Twitch app, and the games seem to be DRM-free? I can run them without a launcher open now, at any rate.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 26, 2021

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Skwirl posted:

It's pretty rare, but in terms of match 3s aren't there a bazillion free ones that have always been free?

Sure, but I'd rather they didn't pop ads up all the time if that's an option.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

treat posted:

Heads up, apparently Prime games are no longer accessible through the Twitch app, Amazon Games is now the top dog. Having to download all these storefronts for free poo poo is one thing, and obsoleting them & forcing me to download a new one is another thing, but not letting me choose where to install my free games apart from which drive? That's just going too far! I'm a caveman who likes using and keeping an organized file system, and Amazon demanding I install prime freebies outside of D:/Games/Free_dogshit/whocares is an affront to my aesthetic sense. I demand satisfaction.

e; I guess this is a staggered rollout that started a couple months ago, so not everyone is being denied by the Twitch app yet but everybody will have to switch eventually.

Being able to remove curse(yes, twitch desktop wasn’t even made by twitch) completely compensate another game software, that poo poo was cumbersome and took a shitton of ram/cpu just to load a video feed. The new app is stupid light by comparison

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
It could be light enough to cause a blimp explosion I don't give a poo poo, don't dump your trash in my root directory

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

For the free Big Fish game, any recommendations? Particularly if I want to play a time management game?

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

What type of time management game? You've usually choosing between the Diner Dash ( serving customers ) style or the strategy-lite Roads of Rome / 12 Labors of Hercules type, plus a bunch of variations (Airport Mania, Build-a-Lot). If you're just looking for a nostalgia fix, there's a good chance that whatever game you used to play is still on there too.

I tried a few of the Hallmark-story GameHouse games that people were recommending. Not the most engaging gameplay - you mostly need to grind a bit to pass the higher skill levels (or there's some actual strategy to these games that I'm totally overlooking). Hotel Ever After was a recent one that worked well and didn't last too long. I'm currently playing Heart's Medicine: Doctors Oath but there's a zillion levels to go through and I doubt I'll finish.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Trying to enter a free code on Big Fish Games, and either a misclick or a glitch caused the system to charge me via paypal. No confirmation screen, no nothing. I mean, it's just 7$, but the principle of the thing!

Contacted support and they automatically sent me a code, which isn't much of a condolence, but...

FREEGAME402474

Artelier posted:

For the free Big Fish game, any recommendations? Particularly if I want to play a time management game?
I rather like the Gamehouse Diner Dash clones:

https://list.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_GameHouse_Original_Stories

(Sally's Saloon \ Emily's Childhood Memories are the first games that can be found on Big Fish).

Older games are slower, newer games are a lot more streamlined but may require grinding for upgrades. Message in a Bottle and Highschool Reunion are pretty good games to start with.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 5, 2021

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Xander77 posted:

Contacted support and they automatically sent me a code, which isn't much of a condolence, but...

I dunno if that's universal or if I just stole a single-use, but thanks! One day I'll have all of those drat mystery case files.

I've never entered any payment relationship with Big Fish, so I know if they're asking for my credit or paypal info I'm probably doing the free code wrong somehow.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Looks like it worked for me as well, so maybe that's how all of these codes keep getting released to the wild. Interesting.

Thanks!

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

is there a way to redeem the prime gaming games without downloading the launcher itself? like how i can redeem Epic Games freebies through the website?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kly posted:

is there a way to redeem the prime gaming games without downloading the launcher itself? like how i can redeem Epic Games freebies through the website?

https://gaming.amazon.com/home

games are at the bottom, below the other offers

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

2 new games are on Indiegala Freebies:

Press X to Not Die:

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256696902/movie480.webm?t=1507010418

Hope Lake:

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256664854/movie480.webm?t=1464789678

Also, the March games got added to Prime Gaming today:

Bomber Crew Deluxe Edition (this is a quasi-repeat, last time it was just the base game, not the Deluxe Edition):

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256693184/movie480.webm?t=1506426173

Tengami:

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2036554/movie480.webm?t=1447367472

Blasphemous (includes recently released Bloodstained crossover DLC):

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256822941/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1613654936

SkyDrift:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpHEhb2xaPM

Boomerang Fu:

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256796398/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1597332528

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 1, 2021

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

FanaticalMilk posted:

2 new games are on Indiegala Freebies:

Press X to Not Die

Reviewed this a while ago. tl;dr - probably worth getting for free.

"It's an FMV game that consists of a series of QTE's interspersed with attempts at quirky meta-humor. The acting quality... in short, is pretty awful, not even in a fun way.

A few of the gags actually managed to land, and the game is decently reactive - there are a few key choices you make that get referenced again, and that's kinda cute. You don't get game overs, you just restart right from the failure point, generally just seconds away from the death, which is absolutely the right way to go.

The two main issues: the game is 40 minutes long(and that's after I saw every single death scene) and the camera has an unhealthy interest in the floor and blank sections of wall. Right as the game starts, you get attacked by a not!Zombie, and you have a phone conversation with someone. Throughout the conversation, the camera is fixated on a beige wall, with nothing on it. Apparently both of these are fairly popular complaints, as the "I didn't enjoy this game" options include "too short" and "camera too high" (haha).

Definitely not worth 4$. Maybe an XBLIG sort of 1$ game."

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Also, looks like Black Desert Online Remastered Novice Edition is available on Steam for free until March 10th to celebrate the 5th anniversary. Also, Black Desert's publisher has changed hands to Pearl Abyss, so they're probably trying to bring in as many people as possible:

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256823320/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1614159243

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256823318/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1614159234

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256823321/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1614159267

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 1, 2021

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

FanaticalMilk posted:

Also, looks like Black Desert Online Remastered Novice Edition is available on Steam for free until March 10th to celebrate the 5th anniversary. Also, Black Desert's publisher has changed hands to Pearl Abyss, so they're probably trying to bring in as many people as possible:

They've given this away a few times, since it is P2W they dont lose anything.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

is there a way to change which drive the amazon game app installs to? the app itself not the games.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Not quite a free game but I also just noticed that Prime Gaming is now offering 3 months of Trackmania "Club".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1366600060163645442?s=20

If you got it on PS+, you can still redeem this to just get the full license.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It's a pretty good game.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Wargame: Red Dragon is free on EGS this week

Surviving Mars next week

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

repiv posted:

This one has some free DLC content, if you scroll down and click "See More" on the store page.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Quill posted:

This one has some free DLC content, if you scroll down and click "See More" on the store page.

The free content is always free and is basically mandatory btw. New units for factions ported over from the previous game.

As far as the paid DLC factions go, I'd rank them probably Israel > Yugoslavia+Finland > Netherlands. Israel in particular has some really good/unique units that can absolutely kill in MP.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

repiv posted:

Surviving Mars next week

Just an FYI - the Wargame community is a loving cesspool of racist, misogynistic chuds. Play SP or with goons if you have to play a crappy RTS, but for the love of your blood pressure, turn off the general chat.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Oldstench posted:

Just an FYI - the Wargame community is a loving cesspool of racist, misogynistic chuds. Play SP or with goons if you have to play a crappy RTS, but for the love of your blood pressure, turn off the general chat.

It's a good RTS (if you ignore naval) but general chat is 100% a horrifying racist cesspool. It's completely unmoderated :psyduck:

Somewhat less so in-game in my experience, there just seems to be people who literally only boot the game up to spam racial slurs and swastikas in a seven year old RTS game's general chat.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 4, 2021

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Oldstench posted:

It's a very good RTS. It would be better if more people played it but that ship has sailed.

the jingoistic chat is all part of the charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Super Toy Cars is the next Indiegala Freebie:

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2032389/movie480.webm?t=1447361906