Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Fat animals are blessed when they're genetically designed to get fat. Like bears, groundhogs, and Mississippians.

What about... me? :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Fat animals are blessed when they're genetically designed to get fat. Like bears, groundhogs, and Mississippians.

Have some compassion. Poor little guy is resorting to hard drugs to lose weight because of comments like this!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

SniperWoreConverse posted:

why bother taking pics with so much processing they look like cg

because thats what sells and digital storage means you can save all versions of a photo (mostly)forever

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

it's calling to me

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The dad's IRL wife is only one year older than me.

(That's not blessed.)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What about... me? :kiddo:

I don't recall ever seeing a fat Finn

However, 100% of the Finns I'm aware of what they look like are hockey players

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
OWL FIGHT :black101::cedric:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXf0hnC1cuE

Phy posted:

I don't recall ever seeing a fat Finn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_Finn

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

That's a Dog Scout Merit Badge winner right there (we might need a photoshop Dog Scout Merit Badge patch thread actually).

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Otteration posted:

(we might need a photoshop Dog Scout Merit Badge patch thread actually).

drat right

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Lodin posted:

And also, remember to always adjust your squirrel or whatever the hell that is before usage.

https://i.imgur.com/ODWAUcO.mp4
Apparently the tail is used to pump up :3:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Nektu posted:

Apparently the tail is used to pump up :3:

Yeah its really annoying when you get one with a broken tail and it's just stuck in the lowest position all the time

necroid
May 14, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

why bother taking pics with so much processing they look like cg

lol if you think that 90% of the pics you see nowadays have no post-processing at all, even a simple thing like adjusting the exposure or correcting level curves can radically change the look of a photo

when you see really fake-looking colors it's very probably long-exposure HDR used to make it possible to capture a big range of values or time-based effects in the same pic. while it's true that some people overdo it because they have really bad taste, in certain conditions it can't be avoided

you should be more annoyed by the people who crank the contrast on every single loving picture

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The Internet has taught me that it's only a good photo if you crank the sliders so much every single object has a gigantic halo. That's when you've processed it just right.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
most phones which take "good" pics just have a camera app with hdr effect permanently enabled. it's great

necroid
May 14, 2009

other people posted:

most phones which take "good" pics just have a camera app with hdr effect permanently enabled. it's great

yeah I reluctantly made the switch from android phone to an iphone 8 in 2019 and it surprised me with how good the photos are even without any correction, then I noticed that in extreme light conditions it automatically saves and HDR image

when you think about it we're just trying to replicate the incredible HDR capabilities of the human eye in our cameras, so that little by little what you shoot looks increasingly like what you see

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

necroid posted:

yeah I reluctantly made the switch from android phone to an iphone 8 in 2019 and it surprised me with how good the photos are even without any correction, then I noticed that in extreme light conditions it automatically saves and HDR image

when you think about it we're just trying to replicate the incredible HDR capabilities of the human eye in our cameras, so that little by little what you shoot looks increasingly like what you see

you changed at just the wrong time you MORON. Pixl 5 is better than iphone and cheaper you IDIOT

necroid
May 14, 2009

Wendigee posted:

you changed at just the wrong time you MORON. Pixl 5 is better than iphone and cheaper you IDIOT

I guess you're probably joking but I honestly got tired of setting up apps and widgets for every single thing that I wanted to customize so I just said gently caress it, let's try one of these phones for IDIOTS that do all the work for you

I also bought it because it was the last model with fingerprint ID instead of facial recognition (and at the time it cost less than a new Google phone)

e : sry too many words

necroid fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Feb 26, 2021

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ham Cheeks posted:

behold the sleek and silent killer

Obesity?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

sigher posted:

Obesity?

It's in the midst of having a cow, man

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

sigher posted:

Obesity?

Obekitty

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Reminds me of my ferrets that had some plush balls with bells in them and they'd always hide them in obvious places. Then I'd steal them and start ringing them to get the buggers attention and they would get legit angry.

Oh, found a good video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtlRYG8xxNQ

wavy gravy
Oct 23, 2009

Lodin posted:

Those are pretty much the sounds I make when I wake up.

YES

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/allisonhussey/status/1365303865571180544?s=20

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

my grandpa looked so much like him it's kind of insane.

and he was a pretty solid outlaw type dude so more similarities.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

:eyepop:

Edit:

For anybody curious, my pie ended being almost perfect on the inside. Just need to add more sugar next time and it'll be :discourse:

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

This better not awaken anything in me....

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Solar Tornado posted:

This better awaken anything in me....

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

dog nougat posted:

For anybody curious, my pie ended being almost perfect on the inside. Just need to add more sugar next time and it'll be :discourse:

I am actually curious and I'd love to know your recipe/strat.

I recently baked this apple pie for a friend's birthday and while I was very pleased with the crust and the appearance, the filling was a bit meh and didn't have the amazing apple pie flavour and texture I was hoping for.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Butterfly Valley posted:

I recently baked this apple pie for a friend's birthday and while I was very pleased with the crust and the appearance, the filling was a bit meh and didn't have the amazing apple pie flavour and texture I was hoping for.

wrong thread for this. it looks like the Platonic Ideal of an apple pie. it looks like what a starving hobo imagines gets served for dessert every day on the Big Rock Candy Mountain.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Man in Black (Thigh High Boots)

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

That's a drat beautiful crust! :allears:

For my filling I basically went off of this recipe for a basic guideline for my filling. Warning: there's an excessive amount of text and rambling.

I seasoned the filling with cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon zest, lemon juice(used a bit too much), and brown sugar. I just kinda eyeballed my amounts for everything:

Cinnamon was about 1½-2 tsp
Nutmeg about ½ tsp
Majority of the zest from a lemon
Lemon juice ~2 tbsp (just juiced the entire lemon tbh)
Brown sugar ½ cup
White sugar slightly less ¼ cup (should've probably added another ⅛-¼ cup, but I don't like my pies overly sweet)
I don't have corn starch so used about 2-3 tbsp ap flour to thicken everything up.

The apple types make a big difference in the final product. I used pink lady apples because they're reasonably tart, fairly firm, and were on sale. In my experience McIntosh apples make the best pies, but living in the south i can't find them here. Braeburn's are good as well, but can be difficult to find.. I personally don't peel my apples because I like the taste and texture and am kinda lazy and hate peeling fruit/veg.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

uber_stoat posted:

wrong thread for this. it looks like the Platonic Ideal of an apple pie. it looks like what a starving hobo imagines gets served for dessert every day on the Big Rock Candy Mountain.

I didn't even click this thread, I was lifted up into the air by my nostrils on an aromatic wisp.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Picnic Princess posted:

Here's some of my own "overprocessed" pics. you can choose to like them, or not. I had fun with them, that's the whole point.

Love these shots, especially that foggy/hazy forest one

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum

Desert Bus posted:

This is Dor aka Adora Belle aka HEY NO STOP. She is 14+ years old and has been my buddy 24/7 for most of that. She enjoys sunlight and finding poo poo to eat that makes her puke. She is a jerk and I love her.

I also have an Adora Belle, though she's only 4 months old. Hobbies include grass eating and broom fighting.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/lfinnegal/status/1365344202054230018

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Butterfly Valley posted:

This may be something you already super know, given the beauty of that piecrust, but cooking apples/bramley apples are specifically selected for because they go really mushy when cooked, so they are excellent for puree and sauces. If you want your apples to retain their form, you have to use an eating apple.

I make apple crumbles all the time, and I still use bramley apples, but I've found a way to avoid the mushiness, which is that I do not precook the apple at all. Nearly every recipe tells you to precook, but we like a hell of a lot of crumble, so raw apples, spiced and sugared, topped with a mountain of crumble will still have a nice texture even after 45 mins in the oven

Pookah fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 26, 2021

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bears :3:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/MyBookieBet/status/1365312900987052039?s=19

HBD to a legendary performance

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

dog nougat posted:

Warning: there's an excessive amount of text and rambling.

When is there ever not?

dog nougat posted:

The apple types make a big difference in the final product. I used pink lady apples because they're reasonably tart, fairly firm, and were on sale. In my experience McIntosh apples make the best pies, but living in the south i can't find them here. Braeburn's are good as well, but can be difficult to find.. I personally don't peel my apples because I like the taste and texture and am kinda lazy and hate peeling fruit/veg.

Thanks this is good advice. I kinda poo poo myself in the supermarket because I realised I live in a French speaking country and had never considered the different availability/names of apples so I just googled 'good cooking apples in France' and went with Jonagolds because there was a big cheap bag in front of me. They were too mushy and mealy as that other poster said, I definitely prefer a tarter firmer apple so I'll try Pink Ladies next time because I know they have those. Also the recipe I followed had some weird technique where you piled the raw apples in the pie then assembled the lattice on top and poured a thick sugar/butter mixture over the whole thing so it trickled down into the filling - while this contributed to making the crust look amazing I don't think it did wonders for the filling. Pre-cooking it some as in your recipe should allow me much greater control over the eventual taste and texture.