Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Man games look really realistic nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0yszDa4Cnw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I know it's not a glitch, just a fantastic set of rules given to the player, but gently caress yeah, spider car:

https://i.imgur.com/rdhZArs.mp4

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Being able to yaw a car in mid air is a nice touch.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The Just Cause series has a very strange and terrible glitch throughout all games in the series, where none of them have functioning co-op/multiplayer. :colbert:
(I mean loving hell, some people even went as far as modding a psuedo multiplayer / mmo like multiplayer function into one of them, and the Dev studio still just went 'that's nice', and kept ignoring multiplayer.)
(The JC3 Multiplayer mod is big enough that it has a loving steam page with 2000+ reviews and a 'mostly positive' score, but even that isn't enough to make the dev studio give a poo poo and I genuinely don't understand how or why.)

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

SubNat posted:

The Just Cause series has a very strange and terrible glitch throughout all games in the series, where none of them have functioning co-op/multiplayer. :colbert:
(I mean loving hell, some people even went as far as modding a psuedo multiplayer / mmo like multiplayer function into one of them, and the Dev studio still just went 'that's nice', and kept ignoring multiplayer.)
(The JC3 Multiplayer mod is big enough that it has a loving steam page with 2000+ reviews and a 'mostly positive' score, but even that isn't enough to make the dev studio give a poo poo and I genuinely don't understand how or why.)

JC2 has MP too, not sure if it is made by same people who later did JC3 MP.

JC2 MP went viral and was real popular when it first released.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

SubNat posted:

Multiplayer is loving complicated*. And there's a huge difference in expected quality between a mod and a first-party system. If you're playing with mods, then you expect a certain amount of jank and brokenness, and moreover you expect that things will stay broken until the mod creator, who is only doing this in their spare time as a hobby, is able to get around to working on it again. If you're playing a game with first-party multiplayer, then you expect that multiplayer to work, everywhere, and if at any point there's jank, odds are you'll think less of the developers for shipping a "lovely product" (never mind that it's a miracle most games work anywhere near as well as they do). And the longer they go without fixing it, the worse your opinion of them will be.

Not to mention that if a modder offered to add multiplayer to my singleplayer game, for free, without any extra effort on my part? I'd probably be thrilled to step back and let them at it. More power to you, buddy! But if I want to implement that multiplayer myself, that's a ton of work that I have to do, and I need to allocate my scarce gamedev resources wisely or I'll go broke and have to get a real job again.

* I want to emphasize this point because a lot of gamers don't understand just how hard multiplayer is to add to games. It needs to be a priority feature from day one, and it easily doubles the scope of most games to have it. And multiplayer anything with physics? Ha ha ha, good luck, there's a reason why Fall Guys is getting lauded for having clean multiplayer with physics and that's because it's a goddamn miracle that it works.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yes, making a good, complete product with no conspiciously missing features is hard work. It's true.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Certainly explains why your parents didn't.

I kid

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

no, his parents did

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Maybe hire modder for next game is my take

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Here is an indepth explenation of new developments in breaking Mario Kart 64. I like these kind of explanatory effort-productions and perhaps you do too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_uRIyAgtpE

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yeah theyre awesome, thx

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
So in Wrestling Empire for the Switch, you can edit the rosters in the middle of career mode. I’ve been using that to force unlock characters. If, for example, you’re the only person left in a company, you get made Head Booker, and given all the titles. If that wasn’t enough, sometimes you end up cloned in a match. If that happens, both models share the controller.

https://twitter.com/TrueAntitonic/status/1362679109059416064

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I genuinely love how almost every wrestling game is busted and hanky.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Antitonic posted:

So in Wrestling Empire for the Switch, you can edit the rosters in the middle of career mode. I’ve been using that to force unlock characters. If, for example, you’re the only person left in a company, you get made Head Booker, and given all the titles. If that wasn’t enough, sometimes you end up cloned in a match. If that happens, both models share the controller.

I remember NewLegacy playing a version of that and just constantly setting up "Loser leaves town" matches till they were the only one in the company. The game does do some funny things.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Gynovore posted:

Uhhhh that's what happens when you use Mechanical Turk for your localization needs.

But then some people go one step beyond.

A garbage company doing garbage translations and running out of space in their garbage UI…

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
My favorite is the Zutaten. Are the ingredients coins and feathers or a shield and feathers AND coins?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Antitonic posted:

MDickie   :allears::allears::allears:

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
MDickie is the only dev brave enough to make a game where Hulk Hogan can accidentally beat up Our Lord and Savior while trying to hug him, and then have Jesus teach us how to see the WORLD AS IT IS and hack reality to do magic. I don't remember any of that from the bible but I'll admit that it's been a while since I took a religious studies class, and I'm just going to assume all of that was declared canon at the Council of Nikea.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Don Gato posted:

MDickie is the only dev brave enough to make a game where Hulk Hogan can accidentally beat up Our Lord and Savior while trying to hug him, and then have Jesus teach us how to see the WORLD AS IT IS and hack reality to do magic. I don't remember any of that from the bible but I'll admit that it's been a while since I took a religious studies class, and I'm just going to assume all of that was declared canon at the Council of Nikea.

Now that I think of it, MDickie's conception of the gospels is weirdly compatible with Gnosticism. Is MDickie the last surviving Gnostic?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

somepartsareme posted:

Now that I think of it, MDickie's conception of the gospels is weirdly compatible with Gnosticism.
It really isn't. It's pure new-age mysticism bullshit of the "bastardized average of ascetic Yoga, Buddhism and pop-culture Kabbalah" variety.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

bessantj posted:

I remember NewLegacy playing a version of that and just constantly setting up "Loser leaves town" matches till they were the only one in the company. The game does do some funny things.

The best part was that their character ended up being in a loser leaves match several times (as in, there were multiple copies of the character in the same match). The duplicates lost which means the character had to go to wrestling school. However, loser leaves stacks apparently; if you lose a loser leaves in wrestling school, the game considers you dead. If you lose a loser leaves and go to wrestling school but still have a loser leaves to apply, you die. If you still have a loser leaves to apply while dead, you leave death and come back to life.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
MDickie should include afterlife, which would be just another promotion where all dead wrestlers go.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 02:29 on Feb 20, 2021

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Kennel posted:

MDickie should include afterlife, which would be just another promotion where are dead wrestlers go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKTrQWRSqL8

DWB! DWB! DWB!

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

That has a shameful lack of Paul Bearer. And Kanyon, and Larry Sweeney, and Brodie Lee, and Jesus Christ the more people I think of the more depressing it is.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qnpoggEnvq1ypfp14.mp4

op posted:

everyone grieves in their own way

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

big feels

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Marcade posted:

That has a shameful lack of Paul Bearer. And Kanyon, and Larry Sweeney, and Brodie Lee, and Jesus Christ the more people I think of the more depressing it is.

Jesus Christ's pro wrestling career was pretty overrated, imo.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

sticklefifer posted:

And very unprofessional. Took a spear, laid down for a 3 count, then no sold it.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

DelphiAegis posted:

I know it's not a glitch, just a fantastic set of rules given to the player, but gently caress yeah, spider car:

https://i.imgur.com/rdhZArs.mp4

That game just keeps on giving. I have a weird question, though... can you clarify what the text in the image means?

quote:

Super humans: have super powers

Supercars: (video of a guy making the car swing like a spiderman)

Seriously, I don't understand what is being said. Are you saying (you? someone else?) that humans have superpowers, and also supercars have superpowers? Or are you saying, Humans, you need to get superpowers, and so here is a guy with what is basically a superpower?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

credburn posted:

That game just keeps on giving. I have a weird question, though... can you clarify what the text in the image means?

Seriously, I don't understand what is being said. Are you saying (you? someone else?) that humans have superpowers, and also supercars have superpowers? Or are you saying, Humans, you need to get superpowers, and so here is a guy with what is basically a superpower?

Super humans have super powers, and super cars also have super powers.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
"Supercar" is a term for a ridiculously overpowered sports car. The text is a joke/pun suggesting that this particular supercar has abilities similar to those of Spider-Man.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Which JC is that?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Lone Badger posted:

Which JC is that?

The third one.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Lone Badger posted:

Which JC is that?

Denton

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

The Lone Badger posted:

Which JC is that?

Superstar

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Which JC is that?

Penny.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

Honestly, a crucifix powerbomb into a spear would be an amazing tag team finisher. Probably super unsafe but that's never stopped pro wrestlers before.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
His Holy Cross-Counter was certainly a sight to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

he turns the other cheek, which somehow makes the punch that is coming for him connect with the punching guy's own cheek