Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

"even the black community wanted the crime bill!!!"

my fave was the nyt article that said this and hyperlinked to an nyt article from the time

an article that was about clinton strong arming the cbc holdouts

literal high school level citing a source and saying it supports your argument and hoping no one looks at the citation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

im against political violence except when the biggest perpetrator of political violence of god's green earth does it, which is fine

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Stringent posted:

i'd say d&d offers pretty comprehensive proof that's bullshit

probably a similar condition that causes some animals to partake in coprophagia

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
we put fingernails in the sausage, that's normal!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the uk Labour party is opposing a corporate tax hike the Tories are proposing to balance the budget. banner year for liberals worldwide.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In closing my opinions are that the US should get to do war crimes whenever it wants, but that nobody should be allowed to get upset about it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Reality Protester posted:

the uk Labour party is opposing a corporate tax hike the Tories are proposing to balance the budget. banner year for liberals worldwide.

It's funny how the UK polling pretty much never moves from like Tories +6 no matter if the Labour is a poo poo neoliberal mess like it is now or when it's actually a good social democratic party led by Corbyn. It's truly a managed opposition.

https://twitter.com/UK_Polling/status/1364968966033145877

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://twitter.com/dmeisner99/status/1365204471131697155

Digital consultant, strategist, ad guy, fixer. Founder
@mstrat_us
Globe with meridians. Fmr: Digital
@ProjectLincoln

Pirate flag,
@SaraJacobsCA
@AIPAC
. Opinions my own. Substack Downwards arrow

Of course he's a lincoln project ghoul

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

In closing my opinions are that the US should get to do war crimes whenever it wants, but that nobody should be allowed to get upset about it

Just like the way the First Amendment works!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

American should seek to have a global empire, this way the world will be united and at peace.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
being less cynical is my new years resolution but boy those "YOU GOT $600" letters just now going out to literally everyone I know, directly before a vote on $1400 checks, makes me think that I'm being treated like a dumb animal while politicians rub my face in a paper going "Six.........six......SIX HUNDRED.............SIX HUNDRED....................$600+$1400=$2000.............$600+$1400=$2000!!"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

$600+$1400-Ten Trillion Dollars That We Just Set On Fire Over Syria To Murder Some People = Sucks To Be You, Syrians, Also Americans.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1365050213707231241?s=19

See replies for KHive quadrupling down, predictably

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's insane that there are people who are such Neera Tanden stans that they would bother to go on twitter and mean tweet in defense of her lol. Why!? Cause they saw her on MSNBC a few times?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

mcmagic posted:

It's insane that there are people who are such Neera Tanden stans that they would bother to go on twitter and mean tweet in defense of her lol. Why!? Cause they saw her on MSNBC a few times?
she is part of The Family

like how you have psychopathic Disneyland people who buy all the merch, but for liberals

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

mcmagic posted:

No, because they're told she's been picked and Biden pick = inherently good.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

I'm a [local NFL team] fan and I will yell at you for saying our 3rd string [position] player sucks.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

gandlethorpe posted:

https://twitter.com/cameron_kasky/status/1365102434540994560?s=19
Is this the only Parkland kid that crack pinged? I'm glad it was the hottest one
my faith in him was confirmed when he trolled the poo poo out of the Liberal Pillow cash-in

unironically rooting for Cam

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

weird how there's only one (1) negative article on the KHive in existence, despite NYT's Steadman acknowledging what the KHive is up to on a regular basis and the plethora of "Bernie Bro" articles to the point where every other candidate's crowds except Bernie's got to name themselves and supposedly neutral outlets go with the insult.

Some people love defending Blue Team politicians because they think they're defending some celebrity like Tiger Woods from people online someone online saying something mean about him, like their cable news knowledge of politics leaves them with "I'm sure Biden's doing all he can"

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 15:16 on Feb 26, 2021

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm a [local NFL team] fan and I will yell at you for saying our 3rd string [position] player sucks.

Fans of local sports teams will also be the people ragging on their own team most aggressively (especially the management) so that more introspection than political team players have.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Emma's doing pretty good too

https://mobile.twitter.com/Emma4Change/status/1364749432240164864

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Eggplant Squire posted:

Fans of local sports teams will also be the people ragging on their own team most aggressively (especially the management) so that more introspection than political team players have.

Yeah I had to edit my post a few times because I was thinking "I've talked a lot of poo poo about my team"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

All the Neera discourse is so disconnected from any policy. It's people who hate her being happy that she isn't getting a job she wants because of what an rear end in a top hat she is (the correct opinion) and people who love her being upset because they identify with her because they are sickos. Zero impact to anything that will happen policywise either way.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bolivia is definitely a coup, gonna see if I can do more reading into why Evans says he can't make a decision about it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's understandable since nothing good policy wise is going to happen.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"violence is good, unless it actually accomplishes something"

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

don't threaten politicians online plz it's indecorus

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Eifert Posting posted:

Bolivia is definitely a coup, gonna see if I can do more reading into why Evans says he can't make a decision about it.

:thunk:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/quarantinebee/status/1364978850665402372

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

just kidding that was from the trump era she loves them now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1365110113212719104

I had no idea who Seung Min Kim was before the Neera thing so if this is her rebranding for a left audience it's working

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

These assholes are more evil because they are leveraging the average person's sincere disgust at the camps in order to push the exact same policy as long as their team is in control.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I really liked and respected this poo poo person a few years ago. Pretty upsetting to think back on that.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ok, it seems like he has ethical concerns re the Morales govt? There have been, apparently, a lot of police actions during the Morales govt. That doesn't mean a popular govt didn't get coup'd though? The fact Morales' govt was able to win an election despite not being in power is clearly a sign his support isn't coerced. Yeah it's super suspect, y'all are right. The fact that all this poo poo went down after Morales pushed back on exporting lithium reads like a stereotype.

Makes me want to read more about the Morales govt prior to the political disturbances.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

I really liked and respected this poo poo person a few years ago.

Lol goddamn how much of a loving moron do you have to be to write something like this.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

I really liked and respected this poo poo person a few years ago. Pretty upsetting to think back on that.

Was thinking the other day that all of the public figures I used to admire, I now actively dislike. Thanks cspam for opening my eyes to the succ.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

I had no idea who Seung Min Kim was before the Neera thing so if this is her rebranding for a left audience it's working

she's been a reporter for a while, but this is maybe the first time the story has been about her (getting harassed for doing her job because people are psychos)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2001-may-08-mn-60735-story.html%3f_amp=true

This year, Senate aides say, one of Dove’s most important rulings came on a question about the number of tax bills eligible for passage on a simple majority vote. On most legislation, Senate rules require 60 votes to cut off floor debate--effectively requiring a super-majority for passage. That margin gives the Democrats, who hold 50 seats, great power.

But on some legislation connected to the annual federal budget, known as “reconciliation” bills, the 60-vote threshold isn’t required. The Bush administration and GOP-led Congress have viewed such bills as key vehicles to accomplish their agenda. [fired parliamentarian] Dove, however, ruled this year there could be only one reconciliation bill, to the annoyance of Republicans.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ghost of RBG posted:

Lol goddamn how much of a loving moron do you have to be to write something like this.

I wouldn't say I "liked" Maddow but I did listen to the podcast version of her show until about the time she dropped that "expose" on Trump's tax returns that was a big fat nothingburger

I checked and apparently that was in March of 2017

I don't know about anyone who'd still be listening to her past, say, the Mueller Report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

she's been a reporter for a while, but this is maybe the first time the story has been about her (getting harassed for doing her job because people are psychos)

Supporters for certain politicians harrassing the press to the silence of those politicians should maybe open their eyes a little that maybe they aren't quite as far in the inner circle that they think they are.