Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

That's ok. I'm already playing silksong on my atari 2600.

gently caress. I regret my words and deeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Dammit. Stop posting so much. 1 post = no news. 15 posts = no news but now I'm disappointed.

All must feel our pain. Getting excited because the Absolute Shitshoe is in the top half of the first page of your bookmarks with double-digit unread posts only to click and get nothing but a faceful of shitposts, is the new goatse.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I heard if you kill 1000 Zotes in the Eternal Ordeal you'll unlock Silksong

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

There was only 1 copy of Silksong released, and Peter Molyneux is still designing the social experiment to decide who gets it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This thread would have literally hundreds if not 1,000s of posts if anything actually happened, if you see like 15 new posts it just means someone either started playing Hollow Knight and wants help or someone makes an epic post about how the 4 guys who made the best metroidvania ever are actually lazy because they haven't released a better sequel in less time during a pandemic.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Foehammer posted:

There was only 1 copy of Silksong released, and Peter Molyneux is still designing the social experiment to decide who gets it.

I got it, because it released yesterday

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

"It's been a while. I wish they'd give us more info. An indication of how much longer we have to wait, or even just some screenshots or videos for us to hype over, or something."

"HOW DARE YOU CALL THEM LAZY!"

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

It does seem pretty rude of them to not offer their shareholders a quarterly report, this isn't going to fly with the board of directors.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

guys I got a preview of silksong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oucz_R5g4rU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

They could at least have the decency to get all their source code hacked and be epically pwned.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm pretty sure the only reason they've said anything at all was to avoid the appearance of forgetting their kickstarter promises.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hollow Knight 2: Bugsnax with Guns

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Foehammer posted:

There was only 1 copy of Silksong released, and Martin Shkreli bought it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You guys I’m playing it right now and it’s bad.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

guys I'm starting to think maybe this thread was made a little bit too soon

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

This isn't the Cyberpunk thread.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

guys I'm starting to think maybe this thread was made a little bit too soon
Yeah I mean, I respect Early Access and everything but there are just way too many bugs at this point.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I disagree, it's legit. Kind of odd for them to add the dating sim aspect though. I'm getting subtle hints that to get the true ending I have to romance Zote and then break his heart since it sets up how much of a jerk he is.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
gently caress Zote.

... literally.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
All the cooking mini games are fun but I am
not a fan of weapon durability!

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I really hated how the ending boiled down to which of three different colored wyrms you feed Hornet to.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

raiden was ok but I wish you played hornet for more than 10% of the game

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Did you know if you do the Weaver’s Waltz you can see Raiden’s balls

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Bust Rodd posted:

All the cooking mini games are fun but I am
not a fan of weapon durability!

yea..but good thing I can get free weps with my Hornet amiibo once per day

NoMas fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 4, 2021

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Woah, Zote's still alive in your game? I tried for like an hour to save him but there just didn't seem to be any way to avoid the vegetable salesman.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Woah, Zote's still alive in your game? I tried for like an hour to save him but there just didn't seem to be any way to avoid the vegetable salesman.

You had to buy his vegetables the first time he appears. I've noticed that each time you return to the shops they have different behavior and usually the first time if you buy something (even something cheap) usually it goes better with them later. I know the hermit crab looking guy thats in the upside down bucket near the surface offered me a carnival ticket the first time I was there and I didn't have enough money, so now unless there's some other way to visit the carnival when it shows up I think I'm locked out of whatever's at the top of the ferris wheel.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Alright, just for a moment, serioustalk: Did that Edge magazine article come out yet and is it screenshotted anywhere?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Cactus posted:

Alright, just for a moment, serioustalk: Did that Edge magazine article come out yet and is it screenshotted anywhere?

Deets are here: https://nintendoeverything.com/hollow-knight-silksong-new-details-revealed/

idk about scans

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So about those scans, they aren't great quality, being phone screenshots but they're certainly readable.

I did ask one of the mods before posting this, it should be okay

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

YggiDee posted:

So about those scans, they aren't great quality, being phone screenshots but they're certainly readable.

I did ask one of the mods before posting this, it should be okay
After perusing these scans I've decided it would be cool if Silksong comes out.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's "coming soon"

quote:

soon

/suːn/

adverb

in or after a short time.

"everyone will soon know the truth"

Similar:

in a short time

shortly

presently

in the near future

before long

in a little while

in a minute

in a moment

in an instant

in a twinkling

in the twinkling of an eye

before you know it

any minute (now)

any day (now)

any time (now)

by and by

pronto

in (less than) no time

in no time (at all)

in a jiffy

in two shakes

in two shakes of a lamb's tail

sharpish

in a tick

in two ticks

directly

anon

ere long

used to indicate one's preference in a particular matter.

"I'd just as soon Tim did it"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cactus posted:

It's "coming soon"

Tomorrow is very soon.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Hey! So I finally beat the game and am trying to wrap up achievements.
One of them is to get 2400 essence; unfortunately I was using the dreamgate a bunch so now I’ve got 2361 after clearing out all the major dream enemies.
What are my options to get 40 essence? Colosseum a bunch? Do Kings Gate runs? It feels pretty daunting, wish I had known about the gate using essence before I was blasting it for every kind of travel.

Edit: oh sorry, I thought this was the HK thread, not the sequel thread!
Can I still ask in here?

DevCore fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 8, 2021

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Every time someone posts in this thread thinking it's the main HK thread, Silksong gets delayed another month.

But this link helps: https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Dream_Nail

If you don't wanna get spoiled, tl;dr there should still be way more than enough essence, so you've probably missed a couple bosses. Worst case you can get rare essence drops from normal enemies but it really shouldn't be necessary.

Martman fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Mar 8, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DevCore posted:

Hey! So I finally beat the game and am trying to wrap up achievements.
One of them is to get 2400 essence; unfortunately I was using the dreamgate a bunch so now I’ve got 2361 after clearing out all the major dream enemies.
What are my options to get 40 essence? Colosseum a bunch? Do Kings Gate runs? It feels pretty daunting, wish I had known about the gate using essence before I was blasting it for every kind of travel.

Edit: oh sorry, I thought this was the HK thread, not the sequel thread!
Can I still ask in here?

You can always try to clear out the graveyard of Kickstarter backers, think there’s like 30 or so ghosts in there.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Cartoon Man posted:

You can always try to clear out the graveyard of Kickstarter backers, think there’s like 30 or so ghosts in there.

Thank you!

Edit: got to 2383, guess I’ll have to grind for the other 17 🥵

DevCore fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 9, 2021

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I mean seriously though, did you use the Dreamgate like 800 times? Or do you just not want to get spoiled on what bosses you probably missed.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Martman posted:

I mean seriously though, did you use the Dreamgate like 800 times? Or do you just not want to get spoiled on what bosses you probably missed.

I might have used it a lot. I did read that there is a total of like 3208 so I'm definitely missing a few.
Will look up up an essence guide and see what I'm missing, thanks y'all

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm guessing he missed Elder Hu, or whatever that guy is. He's pretty out of the way, especially by the time you get the dream nail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Edit:
Whoops, wrong tab when posting.