Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
EDIT: Not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
iirc the propaganda line on Morales was that he was attempting to attain indefinite power by stacking a federal court to rule in his favor for the motion. But if he's popular and humane, and doing a good job while challenging coercive capital exchanges, what's the problem with term limits?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
drat cant believe a ruling party would put allies on the supreme court. like, drat.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

spacemang_spliff posted:

American should seek to have a global empire, this way the world will be united and at peace.

The Democrat opposition to GWB's war in Iraq was 100% performative.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
thinkin' about this track today, you can think about it with me.... have a great friday everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqNxne97ubc

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Nancy Pelosi last year said she saw the Iraq wmd intelligence and knew nothing was there and said she didn't think impeaching Bush was appropriate.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Ok, it seems like he has ethical concerns re the Morales govt? There have been, apparently, a lot of police actions during the Morales govt. That doesn't mean a popular govt didn't get coup'd though? The fact Morales' govt was able to win an election despite not being in power is clearly a sign his support isn't coerced. Yeah it's super suspect, y'all are right. The fact that all this poo poo went down after Morales pushed back on exporting lithium reads like a stereotype.

Makes me want to read more about the Morales govt prior to the political disturbances.

Are all of your political opinions wrapped around your love for some loving internet dipshit?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
^^^^^
He is pretty clearly wrong here.

Fleetwood posted:

iirc the propaganda line on Morales was that he was attempting to attain indefinite power by stacking a federal court to rule in his favor for the motion. But if he's popular and humane, and doing a good job while challenging coercive capital exchanges, what's the problem with term limits?

Yeah, there's probably more there just because there always is going to be with a national level government, but I'm sure as gently caress not seeing anything that would leave me to believe there'd be any reason to root for the deposing of a popular leader.

Reminds me of Kwame Nkrumah. Everything I've read so far seems pretty blatantly to support the idea that Morales was deposed for resource exploitation.

also if term limits are some sort of moral imperative when let's put those on congress ASAP.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Bootleg Trunks posted:

did "make the sausage" become some go to phrase for lanyards because i remember some biden volunteer who said it when i questioned them about bidens terrible choices

It's become a trendy phrase because its a line in Hamilton. In the song The room where it happens. It's a schoolhouse rock song about quid pro quos

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
if Eifert Posting is able to reason their way into thinking Robert Evans sucks, I'm not going to say a single thing about having taken the long way around to get there

I'm just glad it happened

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
why is everybody talking about a breakfast restaurant

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

if Eifert Posting is able to reason their way into thinking Robert Evans sucks, I'm not going to say a single thing about having taken the long way around to get there

I'm just glad it happened

I still find his podcast useful but I'm definitely going to be doing more active listening on subjects he talks about that I'm not already familiar with. I can definitely see how somebody with all this information would be reluctant to have him along for a police protest or something, Even if his coverage of civil unrest is extremely sympathetic. It's genuinely suspect.

I'm always skeptical when people go after each other because I'm loving sick of circular firing squads.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

gradenko_2000 posted:

I wouldn't say I "liked" Maddow but I did listen to the podcast version of her show until about the time she dropped that "expose" on Trump's tax returns that was a big fat nothingburger

I checked and apparently that was in March of 2017

I don't know about anyone who'd still be listening to her past, say, the Mueller Report

I did pretty much sour on her before that. I'm talking like 10 years ago.

Ghost of RBG posted:

Lol goddamn how much of a loving moron do you have to be to write something like this.

Sorry for not popping out of the womb with perfect politics bro.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

Ok, it seems like he has ethical concerns re the Morales govt? There have been, apparently, a lot of police actions during the Morales govt. That doesn't mean a popular govt didn't get coup'd though? The fact Morales' govt was able to win an election despite not being in power is clearly a sign his support isn't coerced. Yeah it's super suspect, y'all are right. The fact that all this poo poo went down after Morales pushed back on exporting lithium reads like a stereotype.

Makes me want to read more about the Morales govt prior to the political disturbances.

the actual ethical concern was that morales had the temerity to not roll over and let his country be looted by imperial insterests, hth

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no seriously where's the check joe isn't that supposed to be voted on today

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

I still find his podcast useful but I'm definitely going to be doing more active listening on subjects he talks about that I'm not already familiar with. I can definitely see how somebody with all this information would be reluctant to have him along for a police protest or something, Even if his coverage of civil unrest is extremely sympathetic. It's genuinely suspect.

I'm always skeptical when people go after each other because I'm loving sick of circular firing squads.

its not circular when the guy isn't on your side in the first place, he's a bellingcat shithead that's supported us intervention in the middle east for years

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cerebral Bore posted:

the actual ethical concern was that morales had the temerity to not roll over and let his country be looted by imperial insterests, hth

Sure as gently caress seems that way after, like, 50 minutes and 5-6 sources of reading. I particularly liked Musk's input.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

and not to be rude here, but it's only logically a circular firing squad if you're fighting with people who actually are at least somewhat on the same side as you, and someone who looks at a literal fascist coup, as in the guys were toting swastikas and held ceremonies where they swore on the bible that they'd get rid of anybody swarthy from positions of power, and is all "well this could be legit who knows" then they're not actually on any decent side

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

"ain't no rule says a dog can't include concentration camp funding in an appropriations bill"
- the senate parliamentarian in my spec script for Air Bud Goes to Washington

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Asema posted:

no seriously where's the check joe isn't that supposed to be voted on today

i thought they weren't going to do it until like mid march

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

mcmagic posted:

I did pretty much sour on her before that. I'm talking like 10 years ago.

to be fair, you have historically been pretty adamant about having lovely opinions itt

no hate though, everyone knows I am a fan of posting and posters

i just love the game

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

i thought they weren't going to do it until like mid march

Last I heard it was March 14

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
they're just gonna keep finding serial excuses for why they won't vote for that check anyway

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eggplant Squire posted:

Last I heard it was March 14

lmao are they seriously not voting on the day one 2000 relief until march loving 14th

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

shucks, what do you know, that parliamentarian won't let us do that either. you bought it last time remember

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Asema posted:

lmao are they seriously not voting on the day one 2000 1400 relief until march loving 14th

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Fleetwood posted:

term limits are antidemocratic thank you for reading

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1364658926944419846

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Asema posted:

lmao are they seriously not voting on the day one 2000 relief until march loving 14th

How many countries will be bombed before then I wonder

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

term limits are antidemocratic thank you for reading

term limits literally cannot work for their claimed purpose either

they mostly just seem like a way to justify some third-world imperial coup when you can't come up with some more plausible reason

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lol

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

that particular turn of phrase has been around for a while, but it gained some popularity during the Obama years as an excuse for why his policies were such dogshit: you just weren't there in the room when "the sausage was made" so you don't know what it's like to have to compromise and wheel-and-deal and all that poo poo

or when Rahm was called out for dropping “we have the votes. gently caress ’em” into a hot mic, that was just a glimpse into how ugly it looks when you get to see how "the sausage is made"

it's similar to "trust the process", in a way

it's an integral lesson from the youtube educational series that cuts together a bunch of eclectic mad men clips to teach libs and chuds "how to be an alpha and exploit your employees while making them think you like them

p.s. women are trash lol"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moH1Dctkozw

timestamp: 5.00

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

yeah well maybe think about that for next time

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Is there somewhere where the COVID-19 relief bill is broken down entirely with a pie chart? Articles like this only give specific figures totaling up to $0.54 of the $1.9 trillion. I want to know what percentage of it is corporate handouts

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/22/covid-stimulus-update-house-advances-1point9-trillion-relief-bill.html

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I don't see what you changed

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah well maybe think about that for next time

lol deep

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

can we please stop posting about the podcast man

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

can we please stop posting about the podcast man

no

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

i mean she also wrote an M4A bill lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Asema posted:

Hey now, very unfair to judge everyone until their first day in office, which must be March 14. Why would they ever lie, for what is certainly the first time any of them have ever lied