Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

surf rock posted:

I'm seeing several LP's in the archive for Final Fantasy VI, but are any of those particularly beloved? Thanks!

Blastinus's presentation is probably the best place to start if you're not familiar with the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
And if you are familiar, the Let's Break FF6 LP is a must-read.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of a good, informative VLP of the Freespace series, preferably voiced? Outside-SA is fine as long as it does not have a facecam and/or obnoxious commentary.

MajestyMastery
Mar 30, 2010
I have a kind of unusual idea for a game, and I wanted to get some feedback from anyone interested.
I've written up the beginnings of a army combat game that could be integrated into Pathfinder, or with some work a lot of different RPGs. I've got some players rounded up, and I want to post their gameplay on the forums and have a bunch of thread interaction, a la Paradox-type threads or the Battletech thread. Politicking and faction development, as well as giving orders to the players who may or may not follow them.
My main concern is, since it's a game of my own making, is this a good place for the LP?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MajestyMastery posted:

I have a kind of unusual idea for a game, and I wanted to get some feedback from anyone interested.
I've written up the beginnings of a army combat game that could be integrated into Pathfinder, or with some work a lot of different RPGs. I've got some players rounded up, and I want to post their gameplay on the forums and have a bunch of thread interaction, a la Paradox-type threads or the Battletech thread. Politicking and faction development, as well as giving orders to the players who may or may not follow them.
My main concern is, since it's a game of my own making, is this a good place for the LP?

I don't think there's any reason it couldn't be posted here. a game is a game, and sometimes people like being able to interact with the people who make them.

I mean, we had a rock paper scissors LP here once.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

MajestyMastery posted:

:justpost:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Are there any good LPs of Frostpunk and/or Fantasy General (1 or 2) floating around?

e: VLPs preferred, but I'm not picky about the medium.

inscrutable horse fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 26, 2021

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
I'll let you decide whether it's good or not; I didn't post it here but I did Frostpunk shortly after it was released. None of the new toys were involved but it was a run on what the hard setting was at the time. First video in the series was here, if you want to give it a whirl. I really enjoyed the Frostpunk atmosphere.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Cool, thank you! I've thoroughly enjoyed your MoO and Imperium Galactica threads, so I'm sure your Frostpunk LP will be a hit, too :D

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

The Bravely Default LP by Greyarc has really helped redeem my opinion of the game by telling me most of the BCD events mean nothing and giving me a partner as I play through the game(I actually enjoy the last quarter tbh, so that was never a problem). I request a Bravely Default Second SSLP and see if someone can pull a miracle and do the same there, If possible I'd love to see someone that could cover the content cut in localization too.

If Bravely 2 also has BCD events, I'll also jump the gun and request a SSLP of that.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

We've had LPs of Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World, but no one's done Cosmic Star Heroine. Could be a fun thread.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'd like to request a LP of Nostalgia, an RPG that was on the Nintendo DS. It was a charming game: kind of a weird mix of Final Fantasy X and Indiana Jones.

MythosDragon posted:

I request a Bravely Default Second SSLP and see if someone can pull a miracle and do the same there, If possible I'd love to see someone that could cover the content cut in localization too.

I hope BDII's release might cause Greyarc to revisit the series. The LP of BD was really well done.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I experienced Nostalgia a year or two ago, and it kinda fails to do anything exciting with the plot.
Also, the only non-white party member is the party thief, and you all raid tombs all across the world on behalf of the British Museum :britain:

So whoever records it, bring theses on colonialism to make the game feel less generic.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Gonna request an SSLP of Shin Megami Tensei: NINE, the original Xbox Japan-only game that by all accounts is kind of a mess. There is a bit of a translation floating around that covers from the start through to one of its endings but that's all, as far as I know, so anything that diverges from there would need translating as part of the LP.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Anyone have any recommendations for challenge run LPs? Level 1 runs, solo runs, other weird variants! Preferably one that goes into failed and successful strategies

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Galick posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for challenge run LPs? Level 1 runs, solo runs, other weird variants! Preferably one that goes into failed and successful strategies

Off the top of my head, there's Mega64's Final Fantasy 3 solo run, and Camel Pimp's Final Fantasy 2 run. In general you might want to check the challenges tag on the Archive...though, uh, there's 333 of them, criminy.

Edit: vvv oh yeah, Quovak's low-level Chrono Trigger run is a thing of beauty.

TooMuchAbstraction fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 16, 2021

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think Mega64 also did a solo Berserker run in FF5, and the run turned into a megathread with a bunch of other "solo class" runs for FF5.

There's a low-level run of Chrono Trigger on the archive as well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

During Elentor's LP of Final Fantasy VII, Orange Fluffy Sheep did a Low Level Run. There are links to those parts in the TOC of Elentor's LP on the Archive.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Edit: vvv oh yeah, Quovak's low-level Chrono Trigger run is a thing of beauty.

Does Jesus Get Whacked When He's Weak? :allears:

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I've already binged all the FF5 content and OFS's FF7 run, but I'm reading FF2 and 3 now and I'll get to Chrono Trigger after. Thanks!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Any Ghost of Tsushima or God of War (2018) LP recs?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Anyone know of a full Alder's Blood playthrough?

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
Any recommendations for Observation?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Anyone doing Bloodbowl stuff since Agent355's last series?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Can everyone please tell me your favorite VLP you've ever watched? Preferably ones still available online to check out for myself. Thank you.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Sonic 2 Special Edition

Panzer & Kaubocks' Saints Row 2

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I go back to sgf's deadly premonition LP all the time, as well as the lps of the siren games he and egomaniac put out

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Gotta be the ChipCheezum Metal Gear Solid V let's play

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Jamesman posted:

Can everyone please tell me your favorite VLP you've ever watched? Preferably ones still available online to check out for myself. Thank you.

I loved samu3lk's blind playthrough of Dark Souls, guided by his friend Eric. I never considered playing Dark Souls until I saw how much fun Sam & Eric were having, and now the franchise is one of my favorites.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Panzer & Kaubocks' Saints Row 2

This.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Jamesman posted:

It's hard to name just one,

Geop's run of Dark Souls is up there for me: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1iwwMmsVqKOMes-ZAoWaS0iQKDcGk7Ln

Zorak's LP of Endless Ocean 2 is another: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaVQYuFaXnsweGuuPlfcg0rW-Xy0jJAo0

helloitsdan & lithuaniandad dad's LP of Mercenaries 2 is also a fun watch: https://lparchive.org/Mercenaries-2/

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Jamesman posted:

All of the Chipcheezum MGS series,

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

helloitsdan & lithuaniandad dad's LP of Mercenaries 2 is also a fun watch: https://lparchive.org/Mercenaries-2/

and 007: Agent Under Fire by ThornBrain https://lparchive.org/007-Agent-Under-Fire/

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

Jamesman posted:

Most LPs by TheStrawHatNo! gang are fun, but Sleeping Dogs is straight up a riot. https://lparchive.org/Sleeping-Dogs/

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Perhaps the best VLP I ever watched was 'Deadly Premonition' by supergreatfriend. Which can be found on the LP archive: https://lparchive.org/Deadly-Premonition/. Everything about it was fascinating, it was like watching my favorite TV program. Also, its around ten years old as I post this, holy crap!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Jamesman posted:

MeccaPrime's 'Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening' LP. It was down for a while but it's back up: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1479B8D9B9D9F9A3
It is not what you're expecting, and it's glorious

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

I really liked Squint's Demon's Souls LP, it was extremely chill. https://lparchive.org/Demons-Souls/ The videos are in 360p so that might be unpalatable in 2021

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

ThornBrain posted:

MeccaPrime's 'Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening' LP. It was down for a while but it's back up: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1479B8D9B9D9F9A3
It is not what you're expecting, and it's glorious

Was going to suggest this one! It is a masterpiece. The first couple of videos are absolute must-watch; the rest is also great but you don't necessarily have to stay for the whole thing if you have a short attention span.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I was too smoothbrain to get far in the original as a kid, and I never played the sequels. I'm also in the mood for a comfy and chill series of atmospheric games.
What I'm saying is: has anyone tried doing all of the Myst games? I know there's at least one of the original both in video and screenshot format, but I'd love to see a video rundown of the whole series.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Jamesman posted:

https://youtu.be/u-ef8SD9gUg

Sonic 1 Easy Mode. Still so chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

I'll always have a soft spot for BrainWeasel's video LP of Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System, because of the way it presents commentary and other supplemental content. Here's an example, spoiled in the off-chance one wants to go in completely blind?

It manages to convey more information than the standard subtitle approach, while still maintaining the mood and flow of gameplay. The non-video content is good too, the whole LP is framed as a history course and analyzes the story in terms of the monomyth.