Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
You guys didn't vote hard enough!! (but thank you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

zari-gani posted:

You guys didn't vote hard enough!! (but thank you)

I recommend signing up for multiple $5 Patreon accounts and voting with all of them :homebrew:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The only way Duckman will win is if we all get distracted and forget to vote somehow.

"One for Duckman, two for Duckman!"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I always vote Duckman but I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't care for King of the Hill.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

YggiDee posted:

I always vote Duckman but I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't care for King of the Hill.

Same and same (although I'd take KotH over Futurama any day)

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

pretty disappointed to see the guest on the latest Talking Simpsons is Merritt K who has a number of allegations against her that paint her as a real pile of garbage. I only just became aware after the fallout from a guest appearance she had on a Giant Beastcast late last year but after learning it sucks seeing her name pop up again in my feed so soon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Dang

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks for letting us know, we'll definitely look into it.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Thank you, that's all I can ask. The rotating guest system for TS/WAC has been great for however many years it's been and it's because you and Henry have done an excellent job at bringing in such a variety of voices, I know for certain the two of you would never knowingly bring on an abuser whose past actions might make listeners uncomfortable. It's why I can always rely on the hours of weekly podcasts you guys produce as a bit of respite from everything that's awful for a little bit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someone on the discord mentioned Matthew Jay has vanished from the internet, I hope he's okay.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I remember he took a break from social media last year because it wasn’t great for his mental health and he didn’t find it very productive to constantly tweet about how lovely Trump and the state of US politics.

Not the worst action to take.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but is there a reason TS stopped doing the line of the episode?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Old Swerdlow posted:

I remember he took a break from social media last year because it wasn’t great for his mental health and he didn’t find it very productive to constantly tweet about how lovely Trump and the state of US politics.

Not the worst action to take.

Totally understandable. I hope he's feeling better.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but is there a reason TS stopped doing the line of the episode?

They had to get rid of it on the soundboard for bird violence / Everybody hates birds clip

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think they just forget to do it, it sounds like it was always a spontaneous thing rather than a planned one.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

my wife still uses the ToH Poe clip to teach every Halloween!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:stare:

https://twitter.com/amitkatwala/status/1368135654517903365

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The answer to those questions is always "No", despite Disney's repeated failures to revive people via CGI or other means. Imagine a voice equivalent to CG Jeff Bridges from Tron Legacy or something

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
could we even tell the difference with how brutal Marge sounds and poo poo?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yes, invent it for Julie Kavner's sake.

Looks like they talk to a guy who works on it in his spare time. His clips don't seem that great to me though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL7LK3iEaVw

If that guy's on the cutting edge then it doesn't seem like it's progressed from like a decade ago when they made Roger Ebert a custom voice from the clips of his movie reviews after he lost the ability to speak from jaw cancer surgery.

https://www.ted.com/talks/roger_ebert_remaking_my_voice

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I'm expecting it to sound like that episode of South Park where they just reedited old clips of Isaac Hayes together.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
holy crap bob and henry got briahna joy gray along with that virgin texas guy in the newest podcast

that's some serious star power draw

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Virgil has been on a few times before.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's actually the chapo guests that got me into TS. It was fun hearing "best behaviour" amber. I think most of the chapos love the simpsons.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh I just got out of complaining about them in the Chapo thread.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

(deleted)

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 11, 2021

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
They're fine. Or at least they don't bother me. I haven't listened to chapo.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Jippa posted:

It's actually the chapo guests that got me into TS. It was fun hearing "best behaviour" amber. I think most of the chapos love the simpsons.

They always provide Bob and Henry with a big subscriber and money boost and I'm happy with that but holy poo poo I loving hate all the Chapo boys and wish they would just fall into a pool of lava. I'm not mad enough to cancel my Patreon subscription, though!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

They're fine. Or at least they don't bother me. I haven't listened to chapo.

Imagine the insufferable internet nerds who complain about Iron Man having a slightly different colored suit, but politics.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Imagine the insufferable internet nerds who complain about Iron Man having a slightly different colored suit, but politics.

Yeah, imagine having strong views about politics. What a bunch of loving dorks.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Scooby-Doo can doo-doo but Chapo is crappo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

See now posts like this I do find annoying

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

You really are loving stupid as poo poo

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Crapo tap horse is quite bad but they're actually better as guests on another podcast

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, imagine having strong views about politics. What a bunch of loving dorks.

I'm saying they don't have any real strong or substantive views. They're just annoying idiots.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i like chapo traphouse and podcast the ride and i found out about both from talking simpsons

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
more like chapo crap house except for christman hes ok

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Post how far you got in the crapo episode. 9:10 here

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

xtal posted:

Post how far you got in the crapo episode. 9:10 here

Those clowns at crapo are at it again. What a bunch of clowns.