Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

I think anyone familiar with Clash Royale is going to know Fist and the infamous Fistdeck. I ran that thing for way longer than I should have. Lavahound is still my most played card because of it.

ahh, memories :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Goddamn, just, everything is red. I've been pretty good at not buying anything above 11.50, and all my other money is in bonds, and just... Everything is red.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

GEMorris posted:

Goddamn, just, everything is red. I've been pretty good at not buying anything above 11.50, and all my other money is in bonds, and just... Everything is red.

Sure, but like... down 3%? It doesn’t matter. It’s just a psychological thing. Don’t look at it until tomorrow morning when you check to see if you have a DA pop (or given how that’s gone lately, maybe just don’t look at it until March).

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I am a little confused about SPACs following the market. I get that you might want to sell (even under $10) if the particular SPAC seems like it's not going to acquire anything, but otherwise I would expect people to sit on the shares until something happens.

Is it just people freeing up cash so they can buy other stocks?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

vote_no posted:

I am a little confused about SPACs following the market. I get that you might want to sell (even under $10) if the particular SPAC seems like it's not going to acquire anything, but otherwise I would expect people to sit on the shares until something happens.

Is it just people freeing up cash so they can buy other stocks?

Yeah. One strategy when there are days like this is to take money out of near NAV stocks and put it into stocks that have collapsed more (example: transfer from commons which may be down a few % to warrants which may be down 25% or more). The idea being that near NAV SPACs are a good place to park cash.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I don't have much more dry powder, but pushed a few chips into CFII at $10.08.

Honestly don't put much stock in the DA, a smart window company, but the merger vote is next Friday so it's incredibly low-stakes fishing for a quick 10-20%, assuming we see some green next week.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Any veteran opinions on IPOE and SCVX around here? I got IPOE at a small drop before this last big drop and a friend bought some SCVX and they've both just been in holding patterns/slight declines. I'm trying to be patient.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm no veteran but for SCVX we are still awaiting news on who they are merging with and what the terms for the merger are (DA).

In other news I'm now the proud owner of a 1.5" stack of MedTech (MTAC) paperwork. The fidelity coversheet says I can change things on their mail preferences page but A) I have all the e-delivery stuff selected and B) they have a popup box that says "certain rules and regulations prevent some documents from being sent electronically"

I might dig around for a way to email them asking if they can get that poo poo changed so I can say I'm helping save trees. Odd though because I own/owned CCIV, ETAC, MTAC, GNRS, SCVX, BTAQ, CRHC, IPOF and this is the only stack I've gotten.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

mischief posted:

Any veteran opinions on IPOE and SCVX around here? I got IPOE at a small drop before this last big drop and a friend bought some SCVX and they've both just been in holding patterns/slight declines. I'm trying to be patient.

Yea these two are in different places so you should be expecting different things: IPOE DA'd a while ago so general wisdom is to be out of it, since there's no more 'pops' expected and holding through the merger is seen as a bad idea.

SCVX is searching, though, so it's still waiting for the first pop.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
My FPAC stuff is getting nuked. Wondering if I have any reason to think this is gonna play out any better than FTOC and FUSE did. Could end up being another fintech merger that nobody loves.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
SCVX: the top hope is that their target is SentinelOne, which the stars are aligning towards. There are maybe a dozen other possible targets that are broken down in this nice DD post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SPACs/comments/lnb6i9/searching_for_dfv_x2_within_the_cyber_security/

We got excited this week because SentinelOne put out a cryptic tweet which we thought might be them announcing the LOI from SCVX, but it turns out it was just them talking about sponsoring a Formula One car. LOL.

Relatedly, when the LOI happens is the announcement from the SPAC or the target?

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
So in theory people who bought really near nav and don't mind keeping their funds tied up in these spaces for a year or two have basically nothing to worry about, right?

Like the hits here would basically all be to people needing to move funds or who invested in premium spacs? I would imagine if you have liquid assets now would be the time to buy as much as you could on anything near NAV, but I've only really been following spacs for a month or two. So I'm interested to hear people's thoughts outside of other forums where people are just totally flipping their poo poo and panicking.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 26, 2021

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

yep

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Nosre posted:

Cool, thanks. Also, did we maybe blow up miners together in Eve like 13 years ago? Name has been ringing a bell.

Lots of old EVE players in there though weirdly enough.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Meow Tse-tung posted:

So in theory people who bought really near nav and don't mind keeping their funds tied up in these spaces for a year or two have basically nothing to worry about, right?

Like the hits here would basically all be to people needing to move funds or who invested in premium spacs? I would imagine if you have liquid assets now would be the time to buy as much as you could on anything near NAV, but I've only really been following spacs for a month or two. So I'm interested to hear people's thoughts outside of other forums where people are just totally flipping their poo poo and panicking.

Yup. And timelines are generally several months, so a bad week here or there shouldn't matter. Gotta be patient! I think CCIV price action broke peoples' brains this month.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Any thoughts on the merits of concentrating your money in a small number of extremely promising (good team with a successful history, sexy potential targets) SPACs vs spreading it out over a a larger number of them?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

gay picnic defence posted:

Any thoughts on the merits of concentrating your money in a small number of extremely promising (good team with a successful history, sexy potential targets) SPACs vs spreading it out over a a larger number of them?

Lots of little tiny wins vs fewer much larger wins? A friend is trying the first while I'm trying the latter. I somehow lucked out with CCIV and doubled my entire portfolio. He lucked out with something else and only made a few hundred bucks. That being said, therein lies the rub: luck.

Edit: I should point out that when it goes the other way, it goes the other way hard, as I've found out these last few days.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 26, 2021

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I've been mulling that over too. I decided to spread out over a larger number since I can check on them a few times a day pretty easily. The logic I went with was a larger amount of spacs lets me flip the ones that have up days into ones that drop sharply for a larger amount of small transactions and liquidity (while holding ones that might have rumor/DA buzz). If I wasn't checking on it as frequently I'd concentrate heavier into a smaller number of more diligently researched ones. Not really sure how it shakes out long term, but that's the reasoning I went with. Definitely would like to hear from people who've tried both approaches. I tried to buy like 1/3rd at near nav, 1/3rd at 10.50-10.70, and 1/3rd at near 11 and kind of shuffle them around like a minigame where I try to keep reducing my average share cost per spac by as much as I can by buying/selling the same stuff at various highs and lows. I haven't messed with anything over $12 because I feel like I would want to spend a year or two watching how things work so I don't gently caress up too badly.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 26, 2021

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Keep in mind it's hard to even get the best teams under 11, and then you'll be right at the beginning and have to wait months before any news. Like SRNGU is brand new and supposedly real good, but I can't even get it yet because many brokers don't do (or it's too expensive) units.

So it seems to me it's a question of bigger hits, vs. churning your money more often even if you only get 0-20% on many of them

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Depends on strategy too. I feel like the near-NAV, unit splitting, warrant arbitrage strategy benefits from fewer targets and volume because with 1/4 or 1/5 warrant slices becoming more common you really have to put down a lot up front to get a meaningful quantity of warrants. If I had to rejigger my ~15 SPAC portfolio in hindsight, this is what I'd do.

If you're trying to ride hype waves, play the game closer to LOI or DA announcements or run-ups to merger, it probably makes sense to spread stuff around. That way a potential five-bagger will offset a handful of duds.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
So guess today is SPAC sale day then huh?

Eyeing up BTAQ at 10.30 right now. Already holding CRHC, HZON, MTAC.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Shappa posted:

hell yes, in below 10.50 on BCYP, CND, FPAC, GNRS, NSH, SVOK this week

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Shappa posted:

Oh sweet we are holding the same bags

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

they're not bags, they're pots ready to bloom into beautiful flowers

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
These flowers are getting loving heavy.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Nosre posted:

they're not bags, they're pots ready to bloom into beautiful flowers

:emptyquote:

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Invest in SPACs today!

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I can't, I spent all my money on SPACs!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
FSNB units are 10.02.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

GrandmaParty posted:

FSNB units are 10.02.

Am I missing something or does this basically mean free warrants when the split occurs?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Teeter posted:

Am I missing something or does this basically mean free warrants when the split occurs?

if you think the post-split shares are worth 10.02 yes

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Burn Zone posted:

hell yes, in below 10.50 on FPAC, NSH, SVOK this week

Hello yes I’m here for the bag club? I was told there would be free coffee which is good because I’ve maxed out my credit

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Teeter posted:

I can't, I spent all my money on SPACs!

movax
Aug 30, 2008

seance snacks posted:

Hello yes I’m here for the bag club? I was told there would be free coffee which is good because I’ve maxed out my credit

Joining up on SVOK!

I got BTAQ a month ago at $10.90.

e: double-post... is there a way in Fidelity browser app to have filtered lists of your portfolio? Maybe I need to break out Active Trader Pro again so I can get a SPAC dashboard, options dashboard, etc etc. I forgot I had DLCAU.

movax fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 26, 2021

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Any of the more premium spaces take a hit today where it might be worth it to hop on?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Parallelwoody posted:

Any of the more premium spaces take a hit today where it might be worth it to hop on?

Every spac is getting hit it seems just due to the general market trends. Here's what I'm in that's below 10.50 at of this post, based on this threads suggestions and my own DD: ETAC, MTAC, GNRS, BTAQ, CRHC.

SCVX is at 10.62 and people seem to think "soon" on it so maybe worth it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I like SPAQ and CPUH units at 10.50.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
I'm heavily in FSII now. Seems like a good management team. Who knows!

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
If you're holding a dozen SPACs at once what do you all use to keep track of rumors/news/announcements that might affect the price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

NoDamage posted:

If you're holding a dozen SPACs at once what do you all use to keep track of rumors/news/announcements that might affect the price?

Discord.