Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Araganzar posted:

So how should I be attacking with Ningguang? Hold a direction and normal attack until I get some jades and then charge attack?

Yeah, she's gotta be leveled up to her 'doesn't lose stamina when she has Star Jades' ascension but that's the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Araganzar posted:

Would you really hate getting a wolves gravestone though? And the field of four star weapons is incredibly strong presuming lithic weapons are worth the team comp hassle which they certainly seem like they might be.

So how should I be attacking with Ningguang? Hold a direction and normal attack until I get some jades and then charge attack?

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, she's gotta be leveled up to her 'doesn't lose stamina when she has Star Jades' ascension but that's the idea.

Yeah 3 normal attacks then a charged.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPsBx-pSuUc

on one hand you can say it's tryhard to be so picky about attack chains

but when the end result for Ning is her best chain being NA CA NA CA etc, the simplest chain you could really come up with, it kinda wraps around to why bother doing otherwise? using more normal attacks between charged is mainly good for AOE situations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dogsicle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPsBx-pSuUc

on one hand you can say it's tryhard to be so picky about attack chains

but when the end result for Ning is her best chain being NA CA NA CA etc, the simplest chain you could really come up with, it kinda wraps around to why bother doing otherwise? using more normal attacks between charged is mainly good for AOE situations.

Huh, and here I thought it was better to have all 3 jades because that's more opportunities for crits on the enemy was the best strategy.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Araganzar posted:

Would you really hate getting a wolves gravestone though? And the field of four star weapons is incredibly strong presuming lithic weapons are worth the team comp hassle which they certainly seem like they might be.

I already have a Lv90 WGS from the standard banner, sadly. So yeah, I'd resent it a little. I'm sure Razor would enjoy it but he's like my 4th DPS after Diluc/Zhongli/Xiao.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I’ve pretty much done nothing but leylines for a week or two because I’m mostly on phone for a moment and don’t wanna bother with domains although now that I type this out I could just co-op.

Anyways I just think this leyline event is meant to remind people that they exist. I don’t find the rewards bad, the mora one is even good I’d say. 120k instead of two golden artifacts? Sure. Books less exciting but I mean that is a one time investment. 9 books is a significant percentage of a level block for a long time. I’ve actually gotten all 25 of my characters up to 50/60 minimum this month and idk it’s something to do.

So the event is kinda nothing, but leylines are fun and give resources and everyone can use more of them. You don’t need seven full sets of noblesse, come on.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
So I ran a greedy DPS (Klee) for about three months apart from a fling with a Childe/XL vape comp and playing a reaction team consistently feels almost like a different game in terms of combat flow and management. Really helps things feel less stale.

Questions for Ganyu goons: I'm running Ganyu / Childe / Zhongli / Bennett at the moment. Ganyu is 2 BS / 2 Glad at the moment and the artifacts are Good, although my plan is to swap her to 4pc Bolide since the numbers outperform BS/Glad if and only if Jade Shield is up. ZL is built to maximize shield and spam meteor for chaining Petrify and Freeze. Given that the core of this team is Ganyu+ZL+hydro applicator,

1) Should I swap Bennett out for Diona (cryo resonance, but redundant shield and questionably necessary healing) or Albedo (geo resonance, flowers, no healing) or Fischl C6 (Oz, admittedly not great reactions)? ZL is at 20k HP and going higher and I only really take damage when I gently caress up a shield activation, so healing isn't really necessary atm using Guyun 90 as a benchmark

2) would having XQ as a hydro applicator with aura and spammable E instead of Childe be worth giving up Riptide ults and crit machine status

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Finally got my timepiece drop for Hu Tao

Final maxed artifact stats combined:

It's not perfect, but it's bloody close.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Using Deathmatch?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

No Wave posted:

Using Deathmatch?

Yeah, I'm not keen on the idea of chasing a 5* weapon atm.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's a very good choice, just wanted to clarify to see how the crit rate would line up.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I picked it up this month and maxed it out already. I'm going in pretty hard on Hu Tao.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

zgrowler2 posted:

So I ran a greedy DPS (Klee) for about three months apart from a fling with a Childe/XL vape comp and playing a reaction team consistently feels almost like a different game in terms of combat flow and management. Really helps things feel less stale.

Questions for Ganyu goons: I'm running Ganyu / Childe / Zhongli / Bennett at the moment. Ganyu is 2 BS / 2 Glad at the moment and the artifacts are Good, although my plan is to swap her to 4pc Bolide since the numbers outperform BS/Glad if and only if Jade Shield is up. ZL is built to maximize shield and spam meteor for chaining Petrify and Freeze. Given that the core of this team is Ganyu+ZL+hydro applicator,

1) Should I swap Bennett out for Diona (cryo resonance, but redundant shield and questionably necessary healing) or Albedo (geo resonance, flowers, no healing) or Fischl C6 (Oz, admittedly not great reactions)? ZL is at 20k HP and going higher and I only really take damage when I gently caress up a shield activation, so healing isn't really necessary atm using Guyun 90 as a benchmark

2) would having XQ as a hydro applicator with aura and spammable E instead of Childe be worth giving up Riptide ults and crit machine status

I feel like XQ/Ganyu is pretty nothing. You are charging attack and don't want to be close enough to rub the shield on stuff.

Absolutely you should be using Albedo instead of Bennett. If your plan is to permanently have ZL shield up, geo resonance would rock that. Fischl would be nothing much unless you want to maximize your Childe time. But Albedo would also contribute to that while also throwing it a good ult for rotations and also helping out shielding slightly. And Geo Resonance.

I'm not sure what to think about 4pc Bolide. Feel like that's more switching than I prefer on Ganyu but if you like ZL hey. I ain't got the guy so can't say anything.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I like messing around with team comps. I'm trying out a DPS Qiqi/Beidou/Xingqiu/Kaeya freeze and superconduct team that feels pretty nice. It would be Fischl instead of Beidou, but muh friendship points.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres a way that you can snipe cancel that lets you get some damage out XQs burst and maintain freeze on the enemy for BS 4 piece buts not easy. For Ganyu you ultimately want to do a melt comp with bennet and xiangling and a float support that can be an anemo for res shredding (specially important if you dont have her constellations) or a another frost unit to trigger that affinity. Does geo reaction re-apply the original element on the enemy? If zhong doesn't eat that fire procc then he could work as a defensive support, but if he does then its a bad idea.

You dont need reactions though, my Ganyu hits harder even without melts now with my new WP set with more consistent crits than with my old BS set just because every individual piece is much stronger.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 26, 2021

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Geo reactions reduce the aura element at a reduced rate, but they do slightly reduce it. Zhongli can have some minor issues in a Diluc/Xingqiu comp because the strength of that pairing is that XQ provides just enough Wet application that Diluc can Vaporize consistently, and Zhongli's stele resonance will cause small lapses in that because it's slightly reducing the Wet aura a little faster than XQ's shield reapplies it. I often pre-shield so the stele is out of the way with that team for that exact reason, and it's easier to accomplish this with a C0 Zhongli since two steles mean it's way harder to avoid dropping one.

It works fine for comps that are doing fewer elemental hits, like it's totally okay to run Albedo in a Bennett/Chongyun Melt setup because three Cryo swings from Bennett will apply a more than strong enough Cryo aura to permit one Albedo Crystallize and one Bennett Melt. I'd assume the same is basically true for Ganyu Melt. It also works fine in setups like Tartaglia/Xiangling, as Childe is putting out so many Hydro hits that it will be impossible for Geo characters to gently caress it up before Xiangling's Pyronado is able to exploit the Wet aura.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Xaerael posted:

I picked it up this month and maxed it out already. I'm going in pretty hard on Hu Tao.

What artifacts/weapon should I be going for for Hu Tao? I've already got all her ascension mats and her talent mats, but I've kind of just blindly been collecting Crimson Witch pieces and hoping that's what she wants. Torn on Blackcliff spear or Deathmatch.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think geo specifically causes shatter which messes freeze up a lot.

Framboise posted:

What artifacts/weapon should I be going for for Hu Tao? I've already got all her ascension mats and her talent mats, but I've kind of just blindly been collecting Crimson Witch pieces and hoping that's what she wants. Torn on Blackcliff spear or Deathmatch.
The speculation is that 4 crimson witch is ideal even though she can't get full use out of the 4 piece bonus. If it were me, I'd just go 2 crimson then use my best off pieces for the rest because her requirements are unique enough that you might have amazing pieces in random sets for her.

I would decide which weapon based on what artifacts you have. I think Deathmatch is a bit better in a vacuum because the low base atk but high substat lines up well with her hp gimmick. But if you have an amazing crit rate hat blackcliff gains value. etc.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 26, 2021

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

zgrowler2 posted:

Your Ganyu should be setup to freeze permanently and should not need Zhongli outside of cryo resistant enemies, and if you are up against cryo resistant enemies, you should probably be running a different team. Your team seems set up for a general overworld purpose, but they won't do much more damage than one that is focused.

For instance, is Bennett there to set up a heal, attack boost, and the occasion melt? Swapping Bennett out for Diona, Albedo, etc. sounds like something you have to personally test because I am unsure of their stats, artifacts, etc. and how you plan to play the team.

XQ may be better than Childe depending on their constellations, your artifacts, and if you have a sac sword. Based on your concerns, this sounds like something you can personally test just by swapping their artifacts.

Of course, the mainstream Ganyu team, outside of non-freezable enemies, is Ganyu/Mona/Venti since Omen sets up an attack bonus while you can permanently freeze. In other words, you do as much damage as a melt ganyu team while stopping enemies from moving.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I can't break 23k ult spam on my Xaio. Help? level 81, with a level 90 jade spear. Not sure if I have to much crit rate vs damage, so I have two different hats I can use. Here are the rest of my artifacts for good measure. Talents are 8 6 8

Do I just need better artifacts? What am I doing wrong here? I want some of those tasty 50k crits I am seeing online

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
For Hu Tao I believe 4 piece Crimson, Lavawalker, or Gladiator would be good sets for her.

Crimson if you're planning to have her trigger reactions with her attacks with persistent sources of hydro or cryo.

Lavawalker or Gladiator otherwise. Lavawalker will miss the damage boost as you're applying pyro on the first hits but then apply to everything. Gladiator won't boost her charge attack or the DoT, but will provide some extra atk%. However, due to her base attack being quite low it's not worth that much. This is why I wouldn't recommend 2 piece crimson + 2 piece gladiator.

For main stats artifacts, HP% sands, pyro goblet, crit damage/rate circlet. For substats, HP% is better than atk% and flat HP is not a dead roll for her either.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I can't break 23k ult spam on my Xaio. Help? level 81, with a level 90 jade spear. Not sure if I have to much crit rate vs damage, so I have two different hats I can use. Here are the rest of my artifacts for good measure. Talents are 8 6 8

Do I just need better artifacts? What am I doing wrong here? I want some of those tasty 50k crits I am seeing online

I don't have Xaio or know the best way to gear him, but overall it seems like most of those artifacts have relatively weak secondary stats with lots of flat stats and less useful stuff like %def. You have lots of crit and crit damage, but your base attack seems quite low. Unless you whale you will almost never see the same high numbers that you see online, I am sure the people making videos with big numbers have both crits and %atk on every artifact, while you have no %atk from secondary stats, not to mention a C6 character and R5 weapon.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 26, 2021

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Sexual Aluminum posted:

You could swap your crit rate for more crit damage. Also some of those tasty 50k crits are made with their team setups and r5 5* spears.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do buffs stack and continue to last beyond the round where you activate them in tower defense? I'm starting to think they do, because my electric towers seemed to continue being bonkers after I got a few upgrades to them.

Upgrading from level 9 to level 10 also made a bigger difference than expected. I was able to beat the special round and the only 5 enemies who got through were ones who got through in round 2 or 3; once I got all my electric towers deployed they destroyed everything. They seem to avoid the issue fire towers have where they'll randomly let stuff through when timing doesn't work out well. Spamming water attacks with Mona also helped freeze stuff (I had a few cryo towers thrown in there), though I think it may have been unnecessary.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

Do buffs stack and continue to last beyond the round where you activate them in tower defense? I'm starting to think they do, because my electric towers seemed to continue being bonkers after I got a few upgrades to them.

Yes, there is even a button on the left of where your map would be to check so.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~

Sexual Aluminum posted:

More crit dmg would help! I do 25~26k crits unbuffed on a level 93 pyrovine using 90 xiao, 90 deathmatch and 10/6/10 with 160% crit dmg and 2k atk. Zhongli's shield and Bennett's burst boost it up to 40k crits, though.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Does Fischl (or any character with a fire and forget turret skill) need to be the active character to proc a Sacrificial weapon?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Flair posted:

Yes, there is even a button on the left of where your map would be to check so.

Doesn't this make something like the Anemo towers even worse, since IIRC buffs for them never show up?

Like, buffs seem critical to that special difficulty, since it has 10 rounds which = more buffs to stack up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Scoss posted:

Does Fischl (or any character with a fire and forget turret skill) need to be the active character to proc a Sacrificial weapon?
Yes. It procs pretty fast though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So Ning isn't fixed yet, right? Until 1.4? Right now she feels super janky to play so I hope she's not fixed.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

was there any point to the special difficulty? i did it soon as i unlocked it and i didn't ace it but I still got through and it was just longer but same rewardy soooooooo ?

Ytlaya posted:

Doesn't this make something like the Anemo towers even worse, since IIRC buffs for them never show up?

Like, buffs seem critical to that special difficulty, since it has 10 rounds which = more buffs to stack up.

there's a buff to anemo charging that adds 300% dmg.

i mean anemo towers aren't great anyways so whatever.

but yeah the stuff that only lasts one round specifically says that.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Food buffs, Zhongli shield, and Bennett ult are some of the missing components that helps you get closer to the damage showcases. Primordial Jade Winged Spear/Staff of Homa/Vortex Vanquisher are also used in the showcases. I think Refinement 5 Lithic Spear can also help out but it also means not slotting in Bennett so that might be a wash.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I got like 1600 points or so for the special set, which was enough to get the last two achievements (6 to 9 and 6 to 10), so I assumed it was for that.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Are base atk from level and weapon the only things that affect Bennett's burst or does flat attack from artifacts do anything?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Republicans posted:

Are base atk from level and weapon the only things that affect Bennett's burst or does flat attack from artifacts do anything?

Flat attack from artifacts doesn't do anything.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

I guess your RNG is a bit weird because Anemo buffs can come up, but yes, if you want to AFK, having buffs is somewhat important for the last difficulty.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Republicans posted:

Just base atk, but you can increase the percentage of added attack by leveling up the talent.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Stare-Out posted:

So Ning isn't fixed yet, right? Until 1.4? Right now she feels super janky to play so I hope she's not fixed.

No, she's getting fixed in 1.4. That said, she's still pretty drat good even without the fixes, and if she feels super jank to you I'm not sure that's the problem for you.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Who Tao?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc3eD6C6Gbk

Hu Tao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
So hype for her. Got my pity all set up for her and everything.