Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

feedmegin posted:

It does sometimes make you wonder if Stalin had a point with the gulags and all, doesn't it.

OwlFancier posted:

The observation of the ruthlessness of the right, I think, will help to make the left more willing to respond in kind.

:hmmyes:

E: 147 , a perfect wicket in the game of lawn darts

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Did they include the other side which is just "CVCKOLDS WE COME"

Cary's regiment is odd, they changed sides at some point so I guess he just decided that calling the cavaliers beta cucks was more fun than being a toff.

E: or did he change to the cavaliers, actually, I don't remember now.

Plenty of toffs on both sides to include, in this case, the Earl of Essex, Parliament's commander in chief. Our pals the Levellers aside it wasn't primarily a class war.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Comrade Fakename posted:

As I said, it's understandable if you don't want to give money to Labour. But Labour is also the only party likely to be able to hold national office that is ever likely to have good trans policies. But it never will if there aren't trans people and their allies in the party making that happen.

and i see that as so unlikely that its not worth paying money to people actively doing me harm if they want our support they have to loving earn it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Don't forget the clubmen.

"Beat the poo poo out of any oval office wearing a fancy uniform no matter who they claim to be supporting and steal their stuff" is one way to make something a class war, even if it lacks something in dialectical rigor.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Ms Adequate posted:

And even if it were both our job and pragmatically possible, we'd be better off doing it to the Tories anyway seeing as they're the ones who have power.

But you wouldn't. Labour contains a lot of comrades, and its members can elect a leader disliked by most of the PLP. Neither of those apply to the Tories.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ms Adequate posted:

"This fedora-wearing man with a wispy beard who asked about nationalizing Games Workshop has not only appeared on three previous Question Times, but we have now obtained evidence that he has been posting in UKMTs for over eight years! Panorama Exclusive 10pm tonight."

gently caress Im rumbled!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Labour supporting nukes is ok but id be happier if they supported some RTS tier secret weapon as well.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dibs on supreme commander, I bet the royal navy would really love a gigantic submersible aircraft carrier.

I mean, I suppose all aircraft carriers are submersible once, so perhaps a repeatedly unsubmerisible aircraft carrier.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Starmer would build a Chronosphere and then only let cops use it to go back and arrest people

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

We're going to go back and arrest hitler

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
I think Hellmarch would make a good backdrop for the next labour election video

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hard left activists plot intervention in german state affairs just so they can claim holocaust didn't happen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Namtab posted:

Labour supporting nukes is ok but id be happier if they supported some RTS tier secret weapon as well.

rods from god rods from god

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Oh dear me posted:

At present we have enough left MPs to nominate a decent leadership candidate. If Starmer had a coronary tomorrow we could win, provided people stay in the party long enough to vote.

Liverpool nominated a decent left wing mayoral candidate, and look what happened there. Are we sure the same kind of stitch up isn't possible? Currently, party staffers appear to be able to do whatever the gently caress they want to supposedly democratic processes, and this is happening from CLP level and up

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

rods from god rods from god

This is a weird complaint but it continually annoys the poo poo out of me that they went with that name rather than the infinitely better "swords of damocles"

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Wachter posted:

Keir Starmer == Market Riser
:tinfoil:

Also:

Mr. Streakier
Sir Marketer
Rim Streaker
Skirt Reamer

"Sir Keir Starmer":

Smarter, Riskier.
A Terrier's Smirk
Mr. Strike Raiser
Rearrest, I smirk.

"Keir Rodney Starmer":
Naked Merry Rioters
Naked Terror Misery
Danker Retro Misery

"Sir Keir Rodney Starmer":
A Sorry Strike Reminder
A Drinker Terrorisms Ye
Terrorism Near Yer Kids
Reinsert My Dork Raiser
Inert Merry Dork Arises
O Risky Arrest Reminder
O Mr Risky Arrest Denier
Arrested My Sorrier Kin
Drink A Misery Restorer
Terror Risk Mender, Say I
Reds' Risk: Tory Remainer

And... Tory Rear End Rim Kisser

I'd come up with more but I think I overloaded the Internet Anagram Server :psyduck:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

This is a weird complaint but it continually annoys the poo poo out of me that they went with that name rather than the infinitely better "swords of damocles"
Testicles from Damocles

Covers a better range of shapes and pronunciations.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

WhatEvil posted:

"Sir Keir Rodney Starmer":
A Sorry Strike Reminder
A Drinker Terrorisms Ye
Terrorism Near Yer Kids
Reinsert My Dork Raiser
Inert Merry Dork Arises
O Risky Arrest Reminder
O Mr Risky Arrest Denier
Arrested My Sorrier Kin
Drink A Misery Restorer
Terror Risk Mender, Say I
Reds' Risk: Tory Remainer

And... Tory Rear End Rim Kisser

I'd come up with more but I think I overloaded the Internet Anagram Server :psyduck:

I loving love me a good anagram and there are some absolute blinders here

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Don't all rush at once....

(Facebook ad)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tory Arse Risk Reminder

e: in response to both above posts

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I thought Hodge was kicked out?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Not that I'm aware of! She was the one who submitted about 200 anti-semitism complaints to the party about 110 individuals (I can't remember the exact numbers here) of whom 90 were NOT labour party members.
She slandered Corbyn in the House of Commons calling him a "loving racist and anti-semite".
She's an absolutely vile person.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Are you thinking of Hoey? She stepped down at the last election and Boris put her in the Lords for services against Corbyn

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Wachter posted:

I loving love me a good anagram and there are some absolute blinders here

Haha thanks. Just realised as well you can get "Red Tory Irks Remainers".

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Tarnop posted:

Are we sure the same kind of stitch up isn't possible?

They try to stitch up every election, but in a leadership election there's no institutional way they can eliminate candidates who have 10% of MPs and I think 5% of CLPs .

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
you mean we've been calling him Keith for all this time and yet his middle name is loving Rodney

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Julio Cruz posted:

you mean we've been calling him Keith for all this time and yet his middle name is loving Rodney

Yep. Sir Kier Rodney Starmer KCB QC MP.

Incidentally you can get all sorts of interesting words out of his anagrams for "Sir Keir Rodney Starmer" like "Donkey", "Minister", "Admirer", "Remoaner", "Terrorism", "Rioter" etc. but unfortunately most of those you can't get anything good from the rest of the letters to go with them.

I tried to get something with "Tory Admirer" and "Admires Tony" but not enough good letters left over.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Julio Cruz posted:

don't forget smithers

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/on3ness/status/1365341803872985091

If they taught this kind of thing at school I might have paid attention in History.

The message draws the eye so much it's a page later and I'm the first asking what a kangaroo in a barrel means in heraldry.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

http://wiki.bcw-project.org/royalist/horse-regiments/sir-horatio-cary

quote:

Cary's cornets were noted by Symonds in April 1644.

Cary's own troop's cornet was red with a creature in a barrel and the motto 'come out you cuckold' (Illustration 1); Richard Symonds offers further detail about the creature in his Notebook4) description “a fox pulling the roundhead by the ears”. The major's cornet simply bore the motto 'cuckolds we come' (Illustration 2).

The cuckold taunt of the colonel's cornet is often believed to be a reference to the failed marriages of the Earl of Essex; but, when taken with the wording on the major's cornet, it is more likely they are a general insult aimed at all roundheads.

Your guess is as good as mine but apparently yes he changed sides to the royalists and started calling everyone cucks. Truly a man ahead of his time.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In keeping with the rest of his sense of humour, I suspect the creature is an except Tuesdays because Tuesdays it's your turn in the barrel or perhaps one of those updogs.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Julio Cruz posted:

Rodney at night, Starmer's delight

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

She is currently my local MP, so no.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah I guess I was confusing her with hoey. Horrible that people don't get what's coming to them.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

feedmegin posted:

She is currently my local MP, so no.

Can you relentlessly waste her time or something?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah I guess I was confusing her with hoey. Horrible that people don't get what's coming to them.

*furiously reports you to Stephen Pollard*

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

just rejoin labour in three years before the election, then you can vote on the replacement while barely funding stsrmers shitshow

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Its true, I try to keep my twitter-reading to a minimum these days because there are so many folks with just super poo poo opinions / views and they are all out there walking past you on the street (well not right now but you get what I mean)

It would be nice to live not knowing other people think like this, but here we are.
I think a lot about that guy who tweeted about what he would have done to Michael Rosen if he hadn't been with his wife. The glimpse into some people's minds social media offers is sometimes a little unsettling.

Ms Adequate posted:

"This fedora-wearing man with a wispy beard who asked about nationalizing Games Workshop has not only appeared on three previous Question Times, but we have now obtained evidence that he has been posting in UKMTs for over eight years! Panorama Exclusive 10pm tonight."
@ me directly you coward

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Tarnop posted:

Liverpool nominated a decent left wing mayoral candidate, and look what happened there. Are we sure the same kind of stitch up isn't possible? Currently, party staffers appear to be able to do whatever the gently caress they want to supposedly democratic processes, and this is happening from CLP level and up

There does come a point when the anti-Labour people need to present an actual alternative. The only reason you know about the (disgusting btw) bollocks that's happening in Liverpool is because there were lefty people there still being members and pushing. If they weren't there then the scum would have just chosen some neolib pedophile and that would be all she wrote.

Yes the Labour Party is being run by hateful pieces of poo poo, we're hanging in there because it's logically the best course even though it feels degrading. If the lefties surrendered Labour then what would happen? What would be better? 'lefty candidates are blocked within labour!' well it looks like lefty candidates are blocked outside labour too maybe take a moment to think on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
time to go full bolshevik imo :mad: