Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dysgenesis posted:

I started in 95 in high school and I am now 41, and I have to say the new time shifted cards look gorgeous.

Printing technology seems to have moved on enough that the thin white text on the card names is now readable. The '93 era cards as already giving us eye strain in '95.

Also I really like the new snow frame. And the enchantment frame.

If im being honest the only old frames i hate are the white and gold ones. White is unreadable and gold just looks ugly. the rest i dont really care about. I dont think the others are especially better mind you just am nuetral on them.

Except artifacts, i'll grant the old frame looks definitely better in that one case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I jest, but it is really funny to me how quickly people shut up about all the dumb stuff from the past few days because of frames

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Paul Zuvella posted:

I jest, but it is really funny to me how quickly people shut up about all the dumb stuff from the past few days because of frames

where in the world are you reading mtg discussion that isn't covered with all of that still

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

ya it's almost like deep down nobody actually cares about half the poo poo they get mad about

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
it's almost like people can like one thing while still disliking others

also i agree that old frames look nice overall but the white ones are a real pain to read the name of, and green and black cards in the old frame kick rear end

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Paul Zuvella posted:

We'll get back to complaining once the spoilers end, it is the natural thread cycle.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

GOD the white on white text sucks so bad.

The art on silence is really cool, but I wish they kept the original flavor text.

All the wizardry in the world has to pass through one small and easily sealed door.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i really like the old card frame and it sucks because i wanted a box of this set from the moment they announced it and now i want two boxes. but i am firmly sticking to my "do not give WOTC money" principle. i hated SL:TWD and the announcement of Universes Beyond makes me feel bad generally, so i think i will continue not giving them any money.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I don't understand why they didn't just make the text on the white cards black

what the hell were they thinking?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The Shortest Path posted:

I don't understand why they didn't just make the text on the white cards black

what the hell were they thinking?

Originally? They weren't. Early Magic /WotC was flying by the seat of it's pants.

Should they have done it now? Probably, but there'd probably be lots of complaints about it being inauthentic.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Framboise posted:

it's almost like people can like one thing while still disliking others

also i agree that old frames look nice overall but the white ones are a real pain to read the name of, and green and black cards in the old frame kick rear end

The thing that I really like about the old frames is the texture effects - they feel like little pieces of swamp or wood or gems or whatever. The new frames lost the textured feeling and most of the premium attempts to bring it back - signature spellbooks, etched foils, whatever - haven't really worked. Maybe the Kaladesh masterpieces, the filigree was pretty cool.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
old frame cards look like magic cards new frame cards look like some fuckin computer thing

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

kalvanoo posted:

old frame cards look like magic cards new frame cards look like some fuckin computer thing
\

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Neat that Lingering Souls gets the little gravestone icon.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Love the tombstone back on Lingering Souls

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Magic spoiler has a time shifted marsh flats up in the spoilers.

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-set/time-spiral-re

Has the wrong copyright date on.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Your links broken, but it sure does

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-set/time-spiral-remastered/

E: good catch

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's fake and they bit

original source

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The Magic Arena Reddit is the worst cesspool due to combining two of the worst gamer types;

- Magic players who will complain about anything
- Free to play players who will piss and moan about not being given everything in a game they refuse to put any money into

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

MikeCrotch posted:

The Magic Arena Reddit is the worst cesspool due to combining two of the worst gamer types;

- Magic players who will complain about anything
- Free to play players who will piss and moan about not being given everything in a game they refuse to put any money into

Game-specific subreddits are basically always terrible. At least it's not DTG where it's also the primary community hub.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

fatherboxx posted:

anyway this tweet would be even funnier in a year
https://twitter.com/tirentu/status/1362543370711822339

Maybe it'll actually be funny and not a crybaby's tears!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Really want the lingering souls, virtues and pte for my token deck. If they print bitterblossom in old frame I'll be spending way too much money here.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://twitter.com/magicesports/status/1365384785883922432?s=21

Every angle of this is entertaining.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

You really should just slide your eyes by any post with this avatar, hes an old whiner who cant handle new things

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
good av tho. Appreciate the av even tho ive stopped reading the posts

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Can I just say that while the old frames are nice in a lot of ways gold cards in the old frames are absolute dogshit compared to all the modern gold and hybrid cards

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Obligatory link to the Rhystic Studies video where a dude talks about magic card borders for 45 mins

https://youtu.be/qOE-lNs6qe4

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

https://twitter.com/MTGNerdGirl/status/1365399101781594112

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

MikeCrotch posted:

Can I just say that while the old frames are nice in a lot of ways gold cards in the old frames are absolute dogshit compared to all the modern gold and hybrid cards
Old frames are all good except the gold frames, which were loving garbage.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wish my brain was wrinkled enough to make the immediate jump of teasing Tron players as equivalent to fatphobia

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I actively enjoy playing Tron.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

She's absolutely right, though. The magic esports twitter is an unending wall of own-goals, from memeing about how they broke their own formats with Eldraine bullshit to pissily sniping at tron players. Wendys twitter at least only takes potshots at other brands and haters, not their own enthusiastic customers.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Shrecknet posted:

She's absolutely right, though. The magic esports twitter is an unending wall of own-goals, from memeing about how they broke their own formats with Eldraine bullshit to pissily sniping at tron players. Wendys twitter at least only takes potshots at other brands and haters, not their own enthusiastic customers.

I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
This epidemic of Tron Shaming must come to an end. It is a mental health crisis.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Eej posted:

Tron is a mental health crisis.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

GoutPatrol posted:

I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.

here then, a peace offering for you, Michael
https://twitter.com/flavorjudgedraw/status/1365473033079586816

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the new burgers. I just started playing fairly recently so I don't have any nostalgia for the old burgers so I can say objectively that they look lame

My phone refuses to swipe "burgers" correctly so I'm done with this post now

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The Klowner posted:

I like the new burgers. I just started playing fairly recently so I don't have any nostalgia for the old burgers so I can say objectively that they look lame

My phone refuses to swipe "burgers" correctly so I'm done with this post now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

old burg is where its at