Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hey if you drink alcohol, make sure you keep it up so you don't go into withdrawal and die. Also, don't drink too much so that you get acute liver failure and die.

Really been seeing some lands of contrast lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Asproigerosis posted:

Hey if you drink alcohol, make sure you keep it up so you don't go into withdrawal and die. Also, don't drink too much so that you get acute liver failure and die.

slow and steady wins the race

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bearjew posted:

just give me a vaccine so i can back to spitting on people at brunch

Just give me a vaccine so I can go back to putting dollar bills in butt cracks

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

SchnorkIes posted:

The soviet gerontocracy were all younger than our average senator

I thought a lot of key soviets were older than 62.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've had 4 MRCPs ordered on acute liver failure/withdrawal patients this month and I'm just like hey doc, I really don't think you need to check for gallstones for the source of liver failure.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PerniciousKnid posted:

Still younger than your average US senator

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

Asproigerosis posted:

I've had 4 MRCPs ordered on acute liver failure/withdrawal patients this month and I'm just like hey doc, I really don't think you need to check for gallstones for the source of liver failure.

How much can I reasonably drink without dying

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Enough, but not too much

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

SchnorkIes posted:

I think the chain pharmacies are outside the normal system, they were when I got my fat goon shot in VA

Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. The one nearby is a Walgreens now and I think so are all the others around here (Augusta county).

I've also got a dumb residency thing going on I think... I lived in Houston until a few months ago but then my long term relationship ended and I moved back here with my parents hoping to ride out the pandemic by spring (lol). I never bothered to update my license or anything because I didn't exactly want to go hang out at the DMV if I didn't have to. So technically I still live in Houston and have Texas BlueCross for health insurance and still see my old doc through telemedecine. Predictably, dotting i's and crossing t's isn't in my wheelhouse so not looking forward to that whole mess.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

PerniciousKnid posted:

Broke:

Woke:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

SchnorkIes posted:

I think the chain pharmacies are outside the normal system, they were when I got my fat goon shot in VA

I didn't even know rite aid had vaccines. looking at local news, it was all walgreens and cvs. i dont know what the system is, i think there was something in the news that they were trying to gather individual city and county lists into a master list under the state department of health.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
That article about the DC pharmacy a few years back that revealed multiple members of congress are on dementia meds made me crack ping

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Iron Crowned posted:

Still younger than your average US senator

If Obama actually cared about Biden even a little, he would have endorsed literally anyone else so thatJoe could spend these years with his family. Imagine being in your 70s and still going to work.

There are 27 senators who are 70 or older. There are 56 who are 62 or above (that will be up to 59 by the end of the year).

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin
I drink so much loving alcohol

I'm probably gonna die

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Stopped drinking alcohol over the summer to optimize my immune system against a possible coronavirus infection, but reached an arrangement with the virus where it'd take this specific weekend off. It turns out beer is excellent, highly recommend.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Phil Layshow posted:

I didn't even know rite aid had vaccines. looking at local news, it was all walgreens and cvs. i dont know what the system is, i think there was something in the news that they were trying to gather individual city and county lists into a master list under the state department of health.

I got it at rite aid with no virginia id or address since I'd been stuck in Norfolk for work stuff all year, it's like two months of airbnb is claim enough to living here

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I don't actually know any young people who go to strip clubs other than as a sort of novelty so Iron Crowned fascinates me. I'm 33 and the youngest person I know who loves strip clubs is a 42 year old woman.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

my whole problem was I would only drink ya know once a week, but uhh that would be an all day affair. I have decided that while I am no where near the Leaving Las Vegas stage of alcoholism if I have incredible difficulty just having a single drink then I am better off not drinking.

Been dry 2 months I don’t think I hit any nasty withdrawals, had dreams about drinking though that was lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
You'd know if you went into genuine alcohol withdrawal. Or not, since you'd descend into delerium tremens and a coma.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Asproigerosis posted:

You'd know if you went into genuine alcohol withdrawal. Or not, since you'd descend into delerium tremens and a coma.

Yep :\ happened to my mom about 4 times - all the way down to the coma where her neighbors found her and then eventual kidney failure and sepsis and then death.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

having cider atm

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Pulcinella posted:

If Obama actually cared about Biden even a little, he would have endorsed literally anyone else so thatJoe could spend these years with his family. Imagine being in your 70s and still going to work.

There are 27 senators who are 70 or older. There are 56 who are 62 or above (that will be up to 59 by the end of the year).

Senators don't loving work what lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/YearCovid/status/1363148152350547973?s=20

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pulcinella posted:

power hunger mixes well with the constant demands for decorum and calls to work within the system and give things time

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nocturtle posted:

Stopped drinking alcohol over the summer to optimize my immune system against a possible coronavirus infection, but reached an arrangement with the virus where it'd take this specific weekend off. It turns out beer is excellent, highly recommend.

I gave up drinking for the new year until I lose all the weight I gained drinking and eating like poo poo last year. It's gonna take me a while.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

SchnorkIes posted:

I got it at rite aid with no virginia id or address since I'd been stuck in Norfolk for work stuff all year, it's like two months of airbnb is claim enough to living here

hmm, might have to spend some time at a rite aid. i've heard anecdotes of people doing the "hang out at a pharmacy method," but it would suck to be in a pharmacy for an hour plus and not get a shot.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I am only taking the Pfizer vaccine. gently caress da rest :thaoldme:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Slightly more traumatic than missing school. Poor kid :(

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1365454129485787137?s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

Just give me a vaccine so I can go back to putting dollar bills in butt cracks

The strip club next door to me is open

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

KaptainKrunk posted:

Senators don't loving work what lol

Ok it’s not labor but it is putting on a loving suit everyday when you could be playing Valheim with your grandkids. It’s an aspect of their evil I can’t really comprehend.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

facetoucher cat posted:

a lot of children are going to be the cause of their parents lethal covid infection soon

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

My liberal sister had a meltdown tonight when she found the local school system is delaying in person instruction for a few more weeks.

Where's the daycare my taxes paid for!!!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

etalian posted:

My liberal sister had a meltdown tonight when she found the local school system is delaying in person instruction for a few more weeks.

Send her the COVID orphan story

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

Send her the COVID orphan story

The earlier post with photos showing all the teachers who died as a result of in-person teaching ASAP was agonizing to read especially all the family photos.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

facetoucher cat posted:

:byodood: OPENERUP!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Slippery Nipple posted:

it's ridiculous the same person is in charge for both the AIDS epidemic and covid-19

Fauci did a great job with AIDS. tons of people got it!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

etalian posted:

I really love that most people with children seem to have a genuine belief that childless people aren’t funding their children’s education and thus not entitled to have opinions about how it operates.

“You don’t know what it is like to have children!” Well, no, but I do know what it is like to pay for yours, I’ve gotten a property tax statement every year for the past decade and a half and I don’t want it spent to infect my good friend who is a teacher.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Koirhor posted:

my whole problem was I would only drink ya know once a week, but uhh that would be an all day affair. I have decided that while I am no where near the Leaving Las Vegas stage of alcoholism if I have incredible difficulty just having a single drink then I am better off not drinking.

Been dry 2 months I don’t think I hit any nasty withdrawals, had dreams about drinking though that was lol

If you get though three days without withdrawal symptoms you’re fine.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

CASES ARE DOWN!
*still 75,000 new cases daily*
COVID IS OVER!
*still more than a 9/11 of deaths daily*

ok doomer, how about some cautious optimism hmm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Three Olives posted:

I really love that most people with children seem to have a genuine belief that childless people aren’t funding their children’s education and thus not entitled to have opinions about how it operates.

“You don’t know what it is like to have children!” Well, no, but I do know what it is like to pay for yours, I’ve gotten a property tax statement every year for the past decade and a half and I don’t want it spent to infect my good friend who is a teacher.

Much better than all the assholes who vote down taxes because they don't have kids. "Hey, what do I care if all my future doctors are imported from India and China because the local kids are educated in tightly packed corals?"