Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I'm almost done with TNG and I'm sad

did you watch all the TNG movies yet?

because you might want to, uh, not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Leperflesh posted:

did you watch all the TNG movies yet?

because you might want to, uh, not

I don't do anything halfway

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I don't do anything halfway

same, I watched all the star trek
I'm just saying, the movies range from ehhh, mediocre all the way to really bad

did you watch deep space 9 yet

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pops Mgee posted:

Officially one year since I last went to a show.
It was Dashboard Confessional, I don’t even like them :negative:

Last one I went to was Queen + Adam Lambert in August '19. It was a great show, but sorta awkward cause I went with my ex. I was supposed to see King Crimson last June, but who knows if/when that'll ever happen. :sigh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Leperflesh posted:

generations was good

e: I also enjoyed First Contact

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 27, 2021

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Very on brand the cheese is just barely melted and still as white as a sheet of printer paper.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Leperflesh posted:

Nope! That's next.

Or maybe the TNG movies are next.

I've heard Nemesis is what you watch when you're done watching Trek forever

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a neat cape posted:

Nope! That's next.

Or maybe the TNG movies are next.

I've heard Nemesis is what you watch when you're done watching Trek forever

Nemesis is what you watch if you want to be done with Trek forever.

First Contact and Generations are both decent, Insurrection is terrible, Nemesis is ... well you know how sometimes recovering addicts talk about a trip so bad they realize they have to get sober or die?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Star Trek TMP was incredibly dumb but it was the kind of dumb that Star Trek excels at

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

Star Trek TMP was incredibly dumb but it was the kind of dumb that Star Trek excels at

I was just talking about the TNG movies.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think I've ever any of the TNG movies, just seemed really unnecessary.

Anyway, telling my friends
https://twitter.com/JimBelushi/status/1365388194242383873

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I gained a lot of respect for Jim Belushi for his performance in Twin Peaks S3.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Intruder posted:

I just rewatched TMP and it’s great. The only outright bad treks are Final Frontier, Nemesis, and Into Darkness.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I thought Generations was just OK, and I also enjoyed parts of First Contact. All of the TNG movies suffer from the writers giving the characters zero character growth, and half of the ensemble are there just to be there, though. A lot of them also write the characters really poorly.

I'd suggest you watch DS9 first, at least the first couple of seasons, which overlap with the last couple of seasons of TNG. Not that that's 100% required but I think going chronologically is a decent idea, especially since the Enterprise shows up a couple times, and of course Worf and O'Brien are regular characters on DS9.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pops Mgee posted:

I just rewatched TMP and it’s great. The only outright bad treks are Final Frontier, Nemesis, and Into Darkness.

It's great but it's still exceedingly dumb

Leperflesh posted:

I thought Generations was just OK, and I also enjoyed parts of First Contact. All of the TNG movies suffer from the writers giving the characters zero character growth, and half of the ensemble are there just to be there, though. A lot of them also write the characters really poorly.

They gave Data the emotion chip though

e: added spoiler tags cause I'm not sure if Ross is watching for the first time or rewatching

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Erikson is talking about releasing a leather bound edition of the malazan book of the fallen in 2 massive tomes printed on like bible paper with illustrations and poo poo and is roughly estimating it to cost between 1 and 1.5k

I dont need this but I also very much need this.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Is that when they also gave him the Brando diet?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Intruder posted:

e: added spoiler tags cause I'm not sure if Ross is watching for the first time or rewatching

yup and then, and this is a big spoiler ross don't read it loving kill his character, stupidly, before we really ever get to see him become the person he could become, just to give Picard a reason to get real mad about something

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I started poking around on etsy for printed brio to duplo connectors which cost $5 and an hour later I'm convinced I need a 3d resin printer. The learning curve doesn't look awful, has anyone played with one?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Pops Mgee posted:

Officially one year since I last went to a show.
It was Dashboard Confessional, I don’t even like them :negative:

This has been the longest time since going to a show for me since I was in high school.

I was supposed to see Dillinger Four and Avail right before lockdown.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

This has been the longest time since going to a show for me since I was in high school.

I was supposed to see Dillinger Four and Avail right before lockdown.

I theoretically have Rage tickets, hopefully with Run the Jewels opening.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Qwijib0 posted:

I started poking around on etsy for printed brio to duplo connectors which cost $5 and an hour later I'm convinced I need a 3d resin printer. The learning curve doesn't look awful, has anyone played with one?

you mean the ones that cure via UV? they're supposedly messy and smell awful so you need a shed/outdoors to do em in

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

you mean the ones that cure via UV? they're supposedly messy and smell awful so you need a shed/outdoors to do em in

yeah.

~supposedly~ there are new plant-based resins that are less bad, and I have a covered outdoor space if need be.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Just posting this since Star Trek came up and I figured people would get a kick out of it

https://twitter.com/jonathansfrakes/status/1365354155875782658?s=20

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The only Star Track I've watched was the first JJ Abrams one

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Raku posted:

The minimum wage increase is bullshit anyway if it's not tied to inflation

Pass it correctly so that it automatically increases and no republican can attack it without actually arguing for lower wages than people are set to have

Social Security is chained to CPI so that the annual COLA is a non-political decision. There's griping about the accuracy of the actual yardstick used, but it's not up for debate every year.

SSI benefit rates go up by the same amount as Social Security. The resource and income limits one must meet for SSI entitlement are not chained to CPI, and require an act of Congress to change.

Those limits have not been raised since 1989.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1365427174543486977

lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It was Parler, not Gab, that asked people to send them photos of their driver's license in order to get their equivalent of a blue checkmark, right?

I mean, this is funny, but beyond people who used the same password on Gab as for everything else is anything being exposed that wasn't on these people's facebook?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

My brother is now trying to convince me to buy Bitcoin. Lord help me.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
"Torba" is absolutely a CSPAM Trump Thread bit and I won't be convinced otherwise

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

My brother is now trying to convince me to buy Bitcoin. Lord help me.

Just lie and say you already did. Whatever happens to bit coin there's not gonna be a point your brother tells you to sell it, so you don't have to pretend you've gotten an unexpected windfall/loss at any point in the future.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shirts and skins posted:

"Torba" is absolutely a CSPAM Trump Thread bit and I won't be convinced otherwise

This is great news

...for Torb!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Just lie and say you already did. Whatever happens to bit coin there's not gonna be a point your brother tells you to sell it, so you don't have to pretend you've gotten an unexpected windfall/loss at any point in the future.

Ha maybe I will just to get him off my back. I told him it’s a scam and a big waste of energy.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Skwirl posted:

I hope you realize how quickly this becomes a Seinfeld episode where wrecks his brother's car and his brother wants him to cash in his nonexistent bitcoin to pay for it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
bitcoin is dead the real money is in nba youtube clips now

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

bitcoin is dead the real money is in nba youtube clips now

lol youtube tell me more about moveable type grandpa

true wealth is in cake making tiktoks

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

I hope you realize how quickly this becomes a Seinfeld episode where wrecks his brother's car and his brother wants him to cash in his nonexistent bitcoin to pay for it

Does his brother not have car insurance? There's several other posters who've actually worked in insurance, but I thought incidental drivers are generally covered by the owners insurance.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Skwirl posted:

Does his brother not have car insurance? There's several other posters who've actually worked in insurance, but I thought incidental drivers are generally covered by the owners insurance.

Okay find some other device where he's suddenly obligated to pay his brother a bunch of money, I dunno I'm not a TV writer

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Okay find some other device where he's suddenly obligated to pay his brother a bunch of money, I dunno I'm not a TV writer

I just think lying to family to avoid a difficult discussion is completely healthy and almost never has negative repercussions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Skwirl posted:

I theoretically have Rage tickets, hopefully with Run the Jewels opening.

I was going to see Hatsune Miku at one point and also see Cold so yeah I missed out on two shows