Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fojar38 posted:

So I realized something about Ryuji.

He's an inner city delinquent raised by a single mother? He's a superb athlete with a particular fondness for running?

His preferred beverage tends to be sugary drinks like soda? In combat he favors using blunt objects and a shotgun?

He's quick to anger and a bit simple but he has a good heart and watches out for his comrades? He's often the butt of jokes from the rest of the team?

What's bonkin'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fojar38 posted:

He's an inner city delinquent raised by a single mother? He's a superb athlete with a particular fondness for running?

His preferred beverage tends to be sugary drinks like soda? In combat he favors using blunt objects and a shotgun?

He's quick to anger and a bit simple but he has a good heart and watches out for his comrades? He's often the butt of jokes from the rest of the team?

For real?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alright after spending 45 minutes to get the Reaper in Golden, gently caress doing that 8+ more times to get everyone's weapons and armor, Kanji can use the desk for all eternity for all I care.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Trying P3P for the first time. Holy moly cutting all the 3d areas feels good. It makes the "go to bed" so much less annoying.

Also I've never done the female route, Ive heard its significantly better than male route but I played that uh, 13 years ago so its not like I'll remember!

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

One of my favorite details about Ryuji is how much of a momma's boy he is. In one of the cutscenes in P5 Ann mentions that Ryuji owes her money because he wanted to buy his mom a souvenir from one of class trips. It's very :3:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

HEY

Hey

...hey

...is anyone reaching out to the truth right now?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

While listening to the P4G OST, I Iooked up the lyrics to the Heaven dungeon theme.

""Still music keeps on tuning me from the words that hurt my soul, removing doubts from my mind..."

That put Nanako's love for the Junes theme into a depressing new light.

Anybody else speedrun that dungeon on the first day or was it just me?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

anakha posted:

While listening to the P4G OST, I Iooked up the lyrics to the Heaven dungeon theme.

""Still music keeps on tuning me from the words that hurt my soul, removing doubts from my mind..."

That put Nanako's love for the Junes theme into a depressing new light.

Anybody else speedrun that dungeon on the first day or was it just me?

I'm gonna bet pretty much everyone did. You should be one-daying dungeons by that point anyway but of course I had extra, EXTRA motivation to finish it immediately.

Nanako is the greatest proof P4 is a masterpiece of unparalleled skill.Intensely, intentionally adorable and lovable kid? Any worse writing and she would have had the biggest hatedom ever.

Luckily, the writing was good enough to make me love my Anime Dad and Anime Little Sister. Big part of why P4 is my favorite.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Fojar38 posted:

You'd think a runner would have better Agility.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ApplesandOranges posted:

You'd think a runner would have better Agility.

He’s still feeling some pain in his leg from Kamoshida busting it, I can’t imagine anyone would have good speed after that.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

NikkolasKing posted:

I'm gonna bet pretty much everyone did. You should be one-daying dungeons by that point anyway but of course I had extra, EXTRA motivation to finish it immediately.

Nanako is the greatest proof P4 is a masterpiece of unparalleled skill.Intensely, intentionally adorable and lovable kid? Any worse writing and she would have had the biggest hatedom ever.

Luckily, the writing was good enough to make me love my Anime Dad and Anime Little Sister. Big part of why P4 is my favorite.

Nanako is the best. That whole story arc is so unbelievably good.

While I prefer all the gameplay and QoL improvements in 5/5R, 4G wins on story. My only issue with 4G is that the confidant progression (the romanceable ones) is...odd. Like in 5/5R the progression feels pretty natural as far as getting to know someone -> becoming close -> becoming closer -> dating. But 4G feels like it goes: getting to know someone -> -> -> -> OMG I LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER.

I dunno. That last step felt really abrupt in 4G. I did the harem route and found this to be true in every case.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Most of the P4 'confession' scenes are also usually in a heated moment, like Rise or Yukiko's so rush of feelings > confession kinda works for teenage minds I guess. In P5 the only one that really plays off similarly is Ann.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

HEY

Hey

...hey

Sorry, I can't hear you from the backside of the TV.

(Make sure you don't hurt nobody)

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

The moment I realized she had been thrown into the TV, istg Doom's Rip & Tear started playing in my head.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

This is killing me and I need to know, is this the same VA as P4G Naoto?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZYmM5uOa1I&t=1878s

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Ok so I’m at what I assume is the final dungeon (finally!) which is just a straight shot to The Holy Grail and “Life Will Change” is playing and I just said out loud “let’s loving end this!”

Goddamn love this game.

https://youtu.be/3FkTZckxdec

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

RillAkBea posted:

Sorry, I can't hear you from the backside of the TV.

(Make sure you don't hurt nobody)

Bro you got everything

but you don't know anything

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Ostentatious posted:

I always heard the lyrics as:

I face out, I hold out
I reach out to the sequences
Of the homo man-crush

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I always heard the lyrics as:

I face out, I hold out
I reach out to the sequences
Of the homo man-crush

personally I heard it as

I face out, I hold out
I reach out to the truth
Oh my will's sick and deceased
Oh the whole moment's dead

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
tbf i was thinking about kanji a lot

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Na-ha, I face out
I reach out
I take it to the tooth
Ow my eye
Six to six, on the homo man

Yeah, making the true lies
Only if you realize
Hearing nobody's eyes
Two, the steering rock

Stop to get it off
World bet to keep it fed
Bro, change orange
Too smart a great cuz
You know the steak is hot so
Dom is here
Those who sympathize
By killers passion fly
Do not waste your time
In fighting loving guys
To mine of AIs
Justice for all

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Na-ha, I face out
I reach out
I take it to the tooth
Ow my eye

Only if you realize
Hearing nobody's eyes
Two, the steering rock

Stop to get it off
World bet to keep it fed
Bro, change orange
Too smart a great cuz
Dom is here
Those who sympathize
By killers passion fly
Do not waste your time
In fighting loving guys
To mine of AIs
Justice for all

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Funky Valentine posted:

Na-ha, I face out
I reach out
I take it to the tooth
Ow my eye

Only if you realize
Hearing nobody's eyes
Two, the steering rock

Stop to get it off
World bet to keep it fed
Bro, change orange
Too smart a great cuz
Dom is here
Those who sympathize
By killers passion fly
Do not waste your time
In fighting loving guys
To mine of AIs
Justice for all

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Funky Valentine posted:

Na-ha, I face out
I reach out
I take it to the tooth
Ow my eye

Only if you realize
Hearing nobody's eyes
Two, the steering rock

Stop to get it off
World bet to keep it fed
Bro, change orange
Too smart a great cuz
Dom is here
Those who sympathize
By killers passion fly
Do not waste your time
In fighting loving guys
To mine of AIs
Justice for all

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Funky Valentine posted:

Na-ha, I face out
I reach out
I take it to the tooth
Ow my eye

Only if you realize
Hearing nobody's eyes
Two, the steering rock

Stop to get it off
World bet to keep it fed
Bro, change orange
Too smart a great cuz
Dom is here
Those who sympathize
By killers passion fly
Do not waste your time
In fighting loving guys
To mine of AIs
Justice for all

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
So we agree that persona 3 is the best one?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dpulex posted:

So we agree that persona 3 is the best one?

Nope.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Ok but it has the best soundtrack right?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Dpulex posted:

Ok but it has the best soundtrack right?

Nope.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The opening of Mass Destruction is the worst bit of battle music in modern Persona.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

WrightOfWay posted:

The opening of Mass Destruction is the worst bit of battle music in modern Persona.

mods!?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

:mods:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WrightOfWay posted:

Wrong, it's the only good part of Mass Destruction.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

WrightOfWay posted:

listen baby baby baby baby b-baby baby baby baby you're just wrong.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I am so happy for this thread. I discovered Persona via Super Smash Bros and bought Persona 5 Royal on a whim based on reviews and being unemployed during lockdown, let's just say that 10 months later I've also played P4G and P3FES, the combined soundtracks of all three have become a beloved in-joke between my wife and me and I've been desperately playing JRPGs to try and recreate the feeling.

I've very rarely felt as many emotions experiencing pop culture as I did when Nevermore played at the end of P4G. I'm so happy these games are a part of my life now!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Adrianics posted:

I am so happy for this thread. I discovered Persona via Super Smash Bros and bought Persona 5 Royal on a whim based on reviews and being unemployed during lockdown, let's just say that 10 months later I've also played P4G and P3FES, the combined soundtracks of all three have become a beloved in-joke between my wife and me and I've been desperately playing JRPGs to try and recreate the feeling.

I've very rarely felt as many emotions experiencing pop culture as I did when Nevermore played at the end of P4G. I'm so happy these games are a part of my life now!

Hell yeah!

Honestly not much really does what Persona does, at least for me. There are plenty of other JRPGs I love, but Persona's definitely its own unique beast, especially post-Persona 3.

I wonder how many other people discovered Persona through Joker being in Smash.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Further to discovering Joker via SSMBU, I would say that it leading me to play the other games has led to me appreciating the Persona content in SSMBU so much more. The remix of I Face Myself is astonishing, and it's so invigorating having Smash battles to the battle music from the Persona series

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Harrow posted:

Hell yeah!

Honestly not much really does what Persona does, at least for me. There are plenty of other JRPGs I love, but Persona's definitely its own unique beast, especially post-Persona 3.

I wonder how many other people discovered Persona through Joker being in Smash.
Reminds me of discovering Fire Emblem through Melee.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Adrianics posted:

Just wait until you fall down the rabbit hole that is Persona remixes and mashups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgfWEjpEhsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64WZitWZ6o0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This works better than it has any right to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li8ZqVGzDXQ