Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rhopunzel posted:

perez is an overrated midfield driver, his win at sakhir was a total fluke warranted by being in the right place from safety car shenanigans and Our Lad george getting a puncture

I think the past few seasons have shown that overrated midfield drivers can do just fine at redbull provided they don't crash into a wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

perez is an overrated midfield driver, his win at sakhir was a total fluke warranted by being in the right place from safety car shenanigans and Our Lad george getting a puncture

Cool Mexican racism

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

there's a perfect circle Venn diagram in this thread between British posters and abhorrent racism

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

the corona quid posted:

there's a perfect circle Venn diagram in this thread between British posters and abhorrent racism

Fixed that for you OP

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it's ab'orrint racism, guv

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ab-sa-lootly 'orrible these wankas up'ere outright APPROPRIATING one of the few genuinely indigenous articles of british culture

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

are racism

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Rhopunzel posted:

That someone who seems to like Lance could actually think this is mad to me

Either you are being ironic about Lance or sarcastic here, because otherwise I have bad news about your brain worms

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the corona quid posted:

Eat poo poo, moose fucker.

Is that a Canada-specific slur?

Custard Undies posted:

Fixed that for you OP

And you, kangaroo molester.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Ferrari should win so we get to hear the jauntiest national anthem more often.

That, or Giovinazzi needs to pull his finger out.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1365640596665360390

mercedes is bad and should be banned from every form of motorsport

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wanna bet?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i trust the bin man

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
still lolling at F1's insistence on using that totally sick font for everything

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

My theory for binotto heading up the Ferrari team is that they realised passion alone wasn't doing anything for them so picked the most passionless man in Italy, without considering if he was actually any good. He is not.

Then again, Italians have cargo culted Austria before, with similar results.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

POCKET CHOMP posted:

still lolling at F1's insistence on using that totally sick font for everything

It would be some mind blowing space age cool poo poo if this were 1991

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I don't think Pérez is amazing, but he's definitely outperformed the lovely racing point car on occasion and has been on the podium multiple times. Compare this to inexplicable thread favourite driver Hulkenberg who in his 10 year F1 carreer, sometimes with better kit than Pérez been on the podium a total of 0 times.

1 win and 10 podiums doesn't seem a bad record for someone who's spent the majority of his F1 carreer in a midfield car. I feel like he's deserved the chance to work with a better team. He probably won't outperform Max, but if he's consistant and Max wants to try and inspect various pieces of armco over the season you never know.

He didn't do that well during his McLaren spell, but he was still a relatively young driver then and also British people are racist so they probably sabotaged him because they loved their bad fail british driver jensuon buttman

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Remember when Perez was with McLaren and somebody hosed up and flew a Mexican flag with a weed leaf on it for the Mexican GP?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

track day bro! posted:

I don't think Pérez is amazing, but he's definitely outperformed the lovely racing point car on occasion and has been on the podium multiple times. Compare this to inexplicable thread favourite driver Hulkenberg who in his 10 year F1 carreer, sometimes with better kit than Pérez been on the podium a total of 0 times.

1 win and 10 podiums doesn't seem a bad record for someone who's spent the majority of his F1 carreer in a midfield car. I feel like he's deserved the chance to work with a better team. He probably won't outperform Max, but if he's consistant and Max wants to try and inspect various pieces of armco over the season you never know.

He didn't do that well during his McLaren spell, but he was still a relatively young driver then and also British people are racist so they probably sabotaged him because they loved their bad fail british driver jensuon buttman

i love the hulk op hes the best

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ChecOWNS

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Carrier posted:

i love the hulk op hes the best
Who doesn't love the Hulk? Well, except K-Mag for some reason.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Do the redbull cars have the "they're fast enough for any idiot to podium if they're not albon level bad" aura or is that just mercedes because if it's good enough to put checo in 3rd and max in 2nd all the time then max is hosed if he puts up 5 DNFs like last season

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Also is this pronounced "pereth"?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Love the people who re-write incredibly recent history to fit their narrative.
5 DNFS! Max is inconsistent!!

- Electrical failure
- Engine failure
- Engine failure
- Tyre failure
- Shoved off the track

Truly a man who needs to work harder.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

- Electrical failure
- Engine failure
- Engine failure
- Tyre failure
- Shoved off the track

Hamilton didn't let tyre failure stop him from winning.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That's because he's #blessed, OP

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
so some terrorists wanted to bomb ryad because mercedes won or something, ban mercedes imo
https://twitter.com/AuroraIntel/status/1365733537928933377?s=20

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

madsushi posted:

Hamilton didn't let tyre failure stop him from winning.

A slow puncture VS tires literally blowing up. Hmm yes quite.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

- Electrical failure
- Engine failure
- Engine failure
- Tyre failure
- Shoved off the track

?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qrWIjcP0nw

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

- Electrical failure
- Engine failure
- Engine failure
- Tyre failure
- Shoved off the track

so what you're saying is that even christian horner is trying to manage max out of the team

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Maybe if max was a better driver he would be in a better team?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

CancerCakes posted:

Maybe if max was a better driver he would be in a better team?
Lewis wins an 8th WDC in 2021, becoming undisputed GOAT and retires to pursue his careers in music and fashion. Max jumps at the chance to take the empty Mercedes seat... only for Merc to botch the 2022 change from aero to ground effect, giving Alpine and Alonso a surprise win. Checo finishes second in the WDC.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Payndz posted:

Lewis wins an 8th WDC in 2021, becoming undisputed GOAT and retires to pursue his careers in music and fashion. Max jumps at the chance to take the empty Mercedes seat... only for Merc to botch the 2022 change from aero to ground effect, giving Alpine and Alonso a surprise win. Checo finishes second in the WDC.

I want this to happen just for the sheer chaos.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

¡Viva México!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Dictator. posted:

A slow puncture VS tires literally blowing up. Hmm yes quite.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Yeah he had to drive 4 corners after it properly went down with a 30second lead.
What a hero.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

Yeah he had to drive 4 corners after it properly went down with a 30second lead.
What a hero.

Rather than valiantly exiting the track upon learning of the puncture

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Rhopunzel posted:

hey buddy, how about u go gently caress yourself ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

ArmZ posted:

¡Viva México!