Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Is coffee chat appropriate? I realize it's a less BYOB beverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

I live and probably die on coffee, I will fight for the right of coffee crew to exist in peaceful cooperation with tea crew

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
we’re friends of all hot morning beverages here

Dip Viscous

coffee is just tea made from coffee beans

poverty goat

drinking some hot bean tea

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

poverty goat posted:

drinking some hot bean tea

Bright Bart

Dip Viscous posted:

coffee is just tea made from coffee beans

You laugh but there was a coffee roast promoted as the tea of coffee. The beans were white and the roast was made by a retired Olympic athlete who wanted to make a style of which he could drink lots without upsetting his stomach. I offered to test pH formally so he could advertise it as being more neutral. I did and it was. Unfortunately the university didn't let me use their mass spectrometry to test caffeine content to prove it was similar to regular coffee.

Googling doesn't show the company around anymore but the dude is very talented and a serial entrepreneur who I hope is doing fine.

Glutes Are Great posted:

I live and probably die on coffee, I will fight for the right of coffee crew to exist in peaceful cooperation with tea crew

Yas. Likely tomorrow I'll have a post on Jamaican Blue Mountain and a question on cold brew.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
tea and coffee, are both pretty okay in my book. i just got my lever espresso machine back too last week before everything got real hecked here in austin so i haven't been able to like, use water for espresso at the moment

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Hot beverages are in general awesome imo!
I also love the paraphernalia that comes with them; my mocha pot is like my oldest friend and he is always there for me.
My treacherous tea cups however break if I look at them too hard.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fellas... It's the nuggs for me.

I just ordered frickin tea because of a Facebook ad. I'm am old now.

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Milk oolong is good and rules, you've made the right choice. Report your trip to flavortown to us at your leisure

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Having some Royal Yunnan tonight, followed by some Royal Funyuns.

poverty goat

it's an old south meeting house kind of day if you know what i mean

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

poverty goat posted:

it's an old south meeting house kind of day if you know what i mean

I can't remember if I made that or mincing lane but whichever it is its good!

E:turns out it was mincing lane but my new accidental 2nd steep mincing lane/ 1/2 scoop old south meeting house 2nd cup blend is pretty good

Kaiser Schnitzel fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 25, 2021

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

twoday

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
lately I've been drinking rosehip and hibiscus tea

I just have a big jar of it and toss it in the cup

it sinks to the bottom so I don't even use bags or anything

nice

a bit sour

add a bit of honey, it tastes like flowers

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

Bright Bart

I am in a country where stores offer lots and lots of different herbal teas. Now I just need a tasty one I can drink a whole lot of. Any suggestions?

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
What sort of flavors do you like? Sweet? Spicy? Floral? Citrus?

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I ordered a shiboridashi like two weeks ago and it hasn't showed up yet. I fear it is in the ether

Bright Bart

Leraika posted:

What sort of flavors do you like? Sweet? Spicy? Floral? Citrus?

Sweet, floral, and citrus all sound nice. But something floral would be my top choice.

Leraika

Bright Bart posted:

Sweet, floral, and citrus all sound nice. But something floral would be my top choice.

Can't go wrong with a good chamomile, especially if you can get it blended with lemongrass. I'm also a big fan of lavender tea - my local place does a lavender and sage that's one of my favorite herbal blends - but basically lavender tastes almost exactly like it smells so go with your nose on that one.

City of Glompton

tea miracle - i thought i was all out of licorice spice but i found a whole box in my garage on the pantry racks, what a great day

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

RickRogers

Bright Bart posted:

I am in a country where stores offer lots and lots of different herbal teas. Now I just need a tasty one I can drink a whole lot of. Any suggestions?

Pro tea-tip; if possible, go to a tea store that has little samples of the tea for you to sniff. Sniff all the tea.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i am going to be stocking up on non-caff night time stuff but for now i got that classic alpine cider and it's pretty good but i would like something that isn't just a sugar bomb

Dip Viscous

twoday posted:

lately I've been drinking rosehip and hibiscus tea

I just have a big jar of it and toss it in the cup

it sinks to the bottom so I don't even use bags or anything

nice

a bit sour

add a bit of honey, it tastes like flowers

same

it's even better if you fall asleep 2/3 of the way through drinking it and then drink what's left cold the next morning

Leraika

RickRogers posted:

Pro tea-tip; if possible, go to a tea store that has little samples of the tea for you to sniff. Sniff all the tea.

I miss my local place doing this :(

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The milk oolong has arrived, friends. Soon I will brew.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
there were multiple 5 lb bags of jasmine tea for 13.99 usd at the local koreamart

i bought one and a new teapot :getin:

JNCO BILOBA

Got some new teas in the tea club, some aged raw puer going downnn

Bright Bart

80 pyramid bags of PG Tips costs 2 GDP in the UK but over 5 where I am right now.

RickRogers

Teddy Thunders posted:

The milk oolong has arrived, friends. Soon I will brew.

Please report, I was gifted some and I think it made my stomach go "mrrrrrghgggg" and I am afraid to go back for a second cup.

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Heath posted:

I ordered a shiboridashi like two weeks ago and it hasn't showed up yet. I fear it is in the ether

My shibo arrived yesterday and I will be using it tomorrow

Escape From Noise

I need to visit Chinatown in Kobe again soon. I'm very low on everything.

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I have been sucked into team tea due to nefarious English friends. My current favourite is a chocolate-mint infused oolong, but even basic black is good

I think we are around 15 different kinds between teas and tisanes

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Escape From Noise

Bilirubin posted:

I have been sucked into team tea due to nefarious English friends. My current favourite is a chocolate-mint infused oolong, but even basic black is good

I think we are around 15 different kinds between teas and tisanes

If you can get some golden varieties of black tea, especially Yunnan gold they can be smoooooth

Bright Bart

On that topic: Are there any excellent Japanese teas?

Sometimes I feel like a Japanese green, but usually it's boring compared to those from China. I still buy it if I'm in a store without Fair Trade or similar certifications.

RickRogers

Bright Bart posted:

I feel a storm coming

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I like sensha OP

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Bright Bart posted:

Sometimes I feel like a Japanese green, but usually it's boring compared to those from China. I still buy it if I'm in a store without Fair Trade or similar certifications.

Sencha has many different grades and farms and it has varying quality but they are generally brewed at lower temperatures than black tea and generally have a sweeter profile. It depends on your budget for what you're looking for, but Lupicia and Cha-to SF have good varieties as well as Yunomi, which acts as an online storefront that works directly with Japanese tea plantations.

axolotl farmer

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Bright Bart posted:

I like genmaicha, it's loose leaf green tea with roasted brown rice. The rice gives it a nice popcornish flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I drank the last of my oolong this morning. It was an Eastern Beauty. I need to go back to Chinatown.