Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Kids. In. Motherbitching. Cages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

loquacius posted:

unironically good garrison, or maybe I'm just super pissed at the center for how blatantly they only cared about kids in cages because they could use it to their advantage and stopped caring as soon as the president went from R to D

What do you mean? The kids aren't in cages any more, the Biden administration has generously moved them to Centros Acogedores Gentíos Extranjeros del Sur. See? It's Hispanic outreach!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The focus on air conditioning as a luxury for the imprisoned children seems especially crass as ICE was known for keeping the temperature in their prisons at 60 degrees or lower as low-grade torture.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
"This can't be a prison, it has air conditioning" reminds me strongly of "They can't be poor, they have a refrigerator."

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1365098921446539264?s=19

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

trying to figure out what movie monster trump is supposed to be that eli could rationalize encouraging people to vote for pennywise

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Eli had an unfortunate lapse in judgement but at least he is making amends by infuriating the KHive

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1365121837752061952?s=19

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AnarchoBreadism/status/1365103932947783681?s=19

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

loquacius posted:

Eli had an unfortunate lapse in judgement but at least he is making amends by infuriating the KHive

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1365121837752061952?s=19

quote:

I think the challenge with Biden is that there is nuance. He’s done some things which have rolled back some of the horrors of Trump. He has done some things which are incrementally positive, we can say. So when people are online saying ‘there’s no difference between them” or “Biden is just as bad or worse.” I just think that it’s just a loving performance on the part of people who are saying this. So the challenge can be: I don’t want to just look for things to poo poo on, to be like, “ha ha.” But also political art is not something to wield as applause, you know? Increasing the minimum wage — even that is hosed up because in a wait five years to do it now is probably to pull it out of the relief package — But I mean, I’m not going to draw celebratory comics, and I still have serious issues with Biden overall. But certain things, like adopting certain elements of the Green New Deal. I’m not complaining about that, you know? So that obviously, again, it’s incremental and it’s partial, and he might take several steps back in the near future.

Eli Valley is an incrementalist and will relapse quickly enough.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/jbrous41/status/1365152018038423554?s=19

Conservative cartoonists are so starved for actually good arguments that they pounce on them like starved dogs when they finally get the chance to use one

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I am pretty delighted at the apparent total breakdown of the right-wing messaging machine. I don’t think I’ve seen them in this degree of disarray within my lifetime. Two months on from the attack on the capitol and they don’t have a single order to move in lockstep on.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

high IQ play to put Trump's signature as the barbed wire

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Where does Marx buy his trousers?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
No love for AOC's upgraded Pixar Butt.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Stoatbringer posted:

Where does Marx buy his trousers?

Buy, comrade? :confused:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

did he just accuse AOC of having integrity

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

loquacius posted:

Conservative cartoonists are so starved for actually good arguments that they pounce on them like starved dogs when they finally get the chance to use one

I really loving hate that right wing cartoonists are making genuinely good cartoons about this issue, even if in their minds it's because "It was totally fine when Trump did it."

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

did he just accuse AOC of having integrity

You give Ben way too much credit.

Ben Garrison posted:

Ocasio-Cortez is still angry, but not nearly as vitriolic about the camps as she was when Trump was in charge. She stopped short of labeling Biden a racist, but she released a very fierce and furiously worded statement: “This is not OK.” Wow. That no doubt got Dementia Joe’s full attention!

The hypocrisy of Biden, the Democrats, and especially AOC is on full display.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Eli is predictably melting down over people calling him out for being a Biden cheerleader and making collage jpegs of tweets to show how not mad he is

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I am pretty delighted at the apparent total breakdown of the right-wing messaging machine. I don’t think I’ve seen them in this degree of disarray within my lifetime. Two months on from the attack on the capitol and they don’t have a single order to move in lockstep on.

Trump losing his twitter has really put them in disarray in an unprecedented way. They'll bounce back in a month or two, but its fascinating to see how dependent they were on Trump, and how utterly dependent Trump was on twitter.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

trump is just organizing underground now and hes actually a lot more dangerous than anyones giving him credit for mostly because his absence from twitter pretty much forces you to read right wing sources to have any idea what hes doing

its pretty clear at this point that he plans to take over the republican party from mcconnell via brute force and if this moran endorsement is any indication even so called respectable republicans can see that people like trump a hell of a lot more than they like mcconnell

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
he is not doing any of that. Trump is way to lazy and only got as far as he did because he faced no real opposition

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

trump is just organizing underground now and hes actually a lot more dangerous than anyones giving him credit for mostly because his absence from twitter pretty much forces you to read right wing sources to have any idea what hes doing

its pretty clear at this point that he plans to take over the republican party from mcconnell via brute force and if this moran endorsement is any indication even so called respectable republicans can see that people like trump a hell of a lot more than they like mcconnell

Trump’s too lazy for that. He wants attention and to eat fast food all day. He might come back in some form, but at this point I’m pretty confident calling him a symptom that will be replaced by other symptoms.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Some Guy TT posted:

he wasnt trying to win in 16 and is only still involved with the gop because hes a petty bitch that is mad everyone didnt help him throw out the election results

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
yeah this is way, way too generous to trump, he's never been smart or motivated. republicans like mcconnell never feared him, they just drove him around like a big stupid monster truck.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Trump would never organize things underground because doing so wouldn't get him the attention he wants. Fox News brought him on to talk about Rush Limbaugh's death and all he did was just rant about how the election was stolen from him.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Trump is at Mar-a-Lago crammed into an overstuffed armchair at the end of a conga line of grifters and sycophants who are all promising to make him the executive director of all kinds of business enterprises and political campaigns, and he's nodding along with each one, because he loves the idea of receiving free stuff with no buy-in and it doesn't require any effort on his part

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

The Chairman posted:

Trump is at Mar-a-Lago crammed into an overstuffed armchair at the end of a conga line of grifters and sycophants who are all promising to make him the executive director of all kinds of business enterprises and political campaigns, and he's nodding along with each one, because he loves the idea of receiving free stuff with no buy-in and it doesn't require any effort on his part
It's what he always wanted.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Twelve by Pies posted:

Trump would never organize things underground because doing so wouldn't get him the attention he wants. Fox News brought him on to talk about Rush Limbaugh's death and all he did was just rant about how the election was stolen from him.

every day I mourn that the scenarios of Trump at George Bush’s or John McCain’s funerals were stolen from us

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's amazing. Somewhere Trump 2.0 is trying to take over the movement. Maybe it'll be Josh Hawley, maybe Marjorie Greene. But none of them really have thier own thing. They define themselves in relation to Trump and he's just lazy to give a poo poo.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What even the gently caress

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't know what Rand Paul thing he's talking about but lol that they're even framing "let children decide their own gender" as government overreach somehow

Man made of hammers vehemently insists that everything on earth is in fact a nail

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder if you could break his brain by mentioning circumcision in the context of bodily autonomy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m assuming ben has at least one cartoon with a giant rabbi with blood-dripping fangs chasing a baby, but I won’t look.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Whoa whoa whoa whoa I thought the problem was the government NOT stopping virtue signalling parents from INFLICTING gender mutilation surgery on their helpless children.

oh right, it's both

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

Benny is a transphobe. This ain't news in the slightest. I'm completely unsurprised about this turn of events.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Love that the cartoon has Rand Paul just asking innocent questions, rather than asserting transphobic poo poo which is what he actually did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Just noticed Ben doesn't seem to know how many teats cows have.