Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
platted demon souls, guess ill make a new character cause its sonys only game for the next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Paradise Killer

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

nights into dreams
ever since i was a kid i wondered what this was about. plenty people saying it was this hidden masterpiece and uhhh lol
theres potential for a really good game hidden here, but the camera is so uncooperative, and some stage gimmicks are just awful like the sled one, and some of those top down segments. The game is short but its really made to score attack it, and some of the combo timings are insanely unforgiving (theres stage gimmicks that seem specifically made to end your combos), and not a lot is explained. you kinda have to guess that to get ranks above c you have to skip over the finish line to do a second or third lap to rack up points since time left on the clock doesnt matter. thats kinda cool cause it forces you to get as close as you can to 0 without dying. the music was really cool and the general vibe is really unique. its a shame that the sequel and now Balaamb Wonderland or whatever apparently both sucked rear end and didnt live up to the potential of this. oh well.

Segatards are truely sad

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

5. Kowloon High-School Chronicle

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I bought that whilst high on the drug maryjuanno but haven t got very far. Seems cool

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lets hang out posted:

5. Kowloon High-School Chronicle
How was this? I saw it in the Switch store and it seemed interesting.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

amid evil - bad final level, really good design in the rest of it though. i like having no hitscan enemies so you can strafe around. probably going to play dusk soon
links awakening remake - an absolute delight from start to end. never played the original but this is one of the most fun games ive played. nintendo can't be stopped

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

amid evil - bad final level, really good design in the rest of it though. i like having no hitscan enemies so you can strafe around. probably going to play dusk soon

DUSK pwns, you're for in for a treat, gamer

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

amid evil had shockingly good bosses for an fps. which tbh is an insanely low bar to clear. but the last boss was a stinker yeah. i want to try it in the mode where soul mode activates automatically someday [they patched in the ability to activate it yourself later i guess]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Amid Evil kicks rear end and frankly so does Dusk

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like scary mages riding spooky crystal dogs

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

more games need vertical flipping like dusk, its so drat smooth jumping over enemies and blasting them in one smooth motion

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Anyway I beat the Spider-Man Miles game. It was a lot of fun

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
is it better than the other spiderman game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's the same except this time you've got the swagger of a black teenager.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

It's the same except this time you've got the swagger of a black teenager.

swinging faster would be an improvement and possibly qualify as swagger

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Hitman 1, 2, and 3. That is, I beat all the story missions once on Professional. Obviously so much more still to do.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Control: Ultimate Edition (PlayStation 5, 2021)

it's fine. neat world and lore but i dont think its a game i'll ever play again or really think about too often now that ive beaten it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I beat Spider-Man: Miles Morales last night. It was basically the same as the first game, which was good enough but not great. The new powers were kind of lame and they replaced the boring Miles and MJ stealth sections with 800 objectives where you look for a generator and then press L1+square to charge it up, which they apparently thought was really exciting because they made you do it every 3 minutes. I was also extremely tired of hearing the main guy’s voice by the end, he never shuts the gently caress up to the point that I had several occasions where the game was playing two of his voice lines at once because I’d hit two dialogue triggers at the same time.

The combat and movement are identical to the first game which I liked, it’s probably my favorite of all the Arkham style games (at least when fighting regular enemies, though the special enemies didn’t feel as annoying this time around) and swinging around the city is still really fun. So I’d still recommend it despite the annoyances if you liked the first game or haven’t played it yet. If you didn’t like the first one nothing in this will change your mind

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Those generators are fire. Based oscorp transducer capacitors. Octopus phd is sus

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Those generators are fire. Based oscorp transducer capacitors. Octopus phd is sus

I need everyone to understand that this isn’t a joke or exaggeration—early on in the game Miles and his friend are reminiscing about an old science project and Miles says “man that energy converter was fire.” The writer is about the same age as my parents.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I watched a friend play a bit of the Spider-Man game and my main takeaway was holy loving someone is always talking why is there so much drat talking in this game it never stops.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember the first hour or so of Death Stranding gameplay where Die-Hardman and Deadman are hitting up your codec every 20 steps to explain a new gameplay mechanic to you? Imagine that, but for 50 straight hours.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

American McGay posted:

Remember the first hour or so of Death Stranding gameplay where Die-Hardman and Deadman are hitting up your codec every 20 steps to explain a new gameplay mechanic to you? Imagine that, but for 50 straight hours.

Spinds awesome. Sony does have the best 1st party devs and now that the dead weight of japan.studio is gone well get even mpre amazing experiences like this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Spinds awesome. Sony does have the best 1st party devs and now that the dead weight of japan.studio is gone well get even mpre amazing experiences like this

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He definitely talks too much in the game but I liked it overall. Swinging around is still fun as hell and I used the based spider verse suit the whole game

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
been p[laying Nebuchadnezzar for some tight caesar 3 vibes. my 9 year old couldn't defeat it, but now i can mostly do it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

they're just trying to make good on their e3 trailers, they don't want to be accused of false advertising

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
7+ Infamous: First Light (Platinum Trophy)

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (1/13)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (1/15)
3. Hitman 3 (1/27)
4. Cyber Shadow (1/31)
5. Yoshi’s Crafted World (2/6)
6. Bowser’s Fury (2/13)

7. Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection (2/28)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

5. Dragon Quest

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Yakuza 5.

Might be my favourite one now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

game beat: Control

it was good. the side content isnt great and the exploration felt kinda half-baked but the main story is really cool. a nice gamepass game

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
1. Nier Automata (A, B, C, D, E, G, M, O)
2. Rusty Lake Hotel
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (S-rank on everything but 12, 34, and 40, 80% side ops)

I think I'm done

I forgot about the create-a-character at the beginning so it was pretty funny when Ocelot told Big Boss "this is your new identity" and handed him a passport for "Spaceman Puddinpop"

e: never mind I finished the side ops and S ranks

e2: never mind I 100% it

Cubone fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 12, 2021

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Untitled Goose Game - co-op

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I finished fulfilling all the prophecies in Hades, as well as fully upgrading all the weapons and companions. There are still bounties to collect and the 32 heat statue...

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

ArfJason posted:

nights into dreams
ever since i was a kid i wondered what this was about. plenty people saying it was this hidden masterpiece and uhhh lol
theres potential for a really good game hidden here, but the camera is so uncooperative, and some stage gimmicks are just awful like the sled one, and some of those top down segments. The game is short but its really made to score attack it, and some of the combo timings are insanely unforgiving (theres stage gimmicks that seem specifically made to end your combos), and not a lot is explained. you kinda have to guess that to get ranks above c you have to skip over the finish line to do a second or third lap to rack up points since time left on the clock doesnt matter. thats kinda cool cause it forces you to get as close as you can to 0 without dying. the music was really cool and the general vibe is really unique. its a shame that the sequel and now Balaamb Wonderland or whatever apparently both sucked rear end and didnt live up to the potential of this. oh well.

I was incredibly obsessed with the Saturn when Nights came out, but it seems massively typical sega that it was hyped up as direct competition for Mario 64. The analogue pad was awesome and it's a really fun arcade game, plus some of the stages like Soft Museum are really memorable - but it's just so weird that it was never going to work.
I remember at the time mario 64 was about to come out, the ps1 was at the height of edgy teen games and sega drop this game about being a flying purple jester that helps children not have nightmares.
Oh and its not a proper 3d world it's on rails.

But I still think it rules, paralooping is very satisfying, the music is great, the weird graphics look cool now and doing tricks by pulling the triggers is still fun.

I nearly pre ordered Balan wonderworld based on this nostalgia but then I played the demo.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

doom, hadnt played this baby in a while

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Wanted to knock out a shorter game or two while I have access to a PS5 for a few days. Some clever puzzles (and some lame ones), fun characters, and better combat than the last couple games since it creates difficulty with enemy AI and challenging level design and stuff instead of just throwing 20 armored guys with grenade launchers and snipers at you in every combat encounter like 3 and 4. I always love a game with an Indian setting too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
cleared all goals in absolute drift. fun game