Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

FreudianSlippers posted:

Some people in this thread should not look into Ethiopian food. The shock might kill them.

Different cuisine, different culture, different expectations. I only had it once but it was a wonderful experience.

But if we're at an Italian restaurant and you just reach over with your hands and scoop out some of my linguini we might have an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

You are being unreasonable. I had to look it up too.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Doubtful Guest posted:

The idiot is no one here, except as always - Graham Linehan.

Will the Blow Job Wars ever end?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Oh that was way more boring than the phrase in my head (you are a butt usurper)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Doubtful Guest posted:

https://twitter.com/ChristineH_2017/status/1365745142817296388?s=20

These posts are from mumsnet so actually they're idiots too

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

Different cuisine, different culture, different expectations. I only had it once but it was a wonderful experience.

But if we're at an Italian restaurant and you just reach over with your hands and scoop out some of my linguini we might have an issue.

That is not how people share food with friends and loved ones

Like, apparently half this thread thinks “sharing a burger” at no point involves a knife

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also am curious what the Blow Job Wars were.

Also wtf is wrong with sharing soap, it's soap, it's clean by definition. If you somehow managed to make your soap dirty you got bigger problems.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

These posts are from mumsnet so actually they're idiots too

I still want to know what the Blow Job Wars were and who fought in them.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Like, apparently half this thread thinks “sharing a burger” at no point involves a knife

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I sure am tired of all these blow job wars.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Begun, the blow job wars have

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

sounds like half the thread are bad muggers.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Not much, what's YAB with U?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i mean do y'all not eat group things?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

I think he's that space pirate that abducted Peter in Guardians of the Galaxy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"AIBU: Am I Being Unreasonable"

Lol @ a forum that has its own inscrutable acronym-based subforums

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

It stands for "You're a Buckley" but the caret gets filtered out by their forum software.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

YABU YABU is the big fish in zora's domain.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Anyone that is a picky eater greatly benefits from food sharing. "Would you like some?" can help the picky person save face about what they don't like to eat or leaving behind a plate of mostly uneaten food. It increases the likelihood they will have something they like.

When we'd order Chinese food we liked to let each person choose an entree they definitely liked that way everyone had something they could stand. It's also great when you have one person that's like "I like X but not the Y stuff" and the other person is the opposite so they can each get 2x what they like.

My own pet peeve is serving a dish where the host just slaps everything together and plates everyone's food instead of letting them portion out their plates (some people might not want quite so much or be particular about condiments). Both my step-dad and I like to cook several 'alternates' ie 2x meats 4x veggies 2x starches that way everyone can mix/match the way they like. With grilling I've learned not every carnivore is super into steaks or pork so I tend to throw on a few chicken breasts or thighs as they tend to be happy with a chicken alternative.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

hooman posted:

I mean if everyone is smoking a joint, or a bong, do you like... disinfect it before you smoke it?

Puff, Puff, Sterilise, Pass it on.
There was a weekly gathering I was still going to (in that it occured after a weekly D&D game once the rest of that house got home) until a night someone took a huge bong rip, started coughing, then walked around the room saying goodbye and hugging people while still coughing out their lungs.

I knew why it was happening but uh read the room buddy

/e yeah this was last October and yeah it hammered home "this whole gathering together sort of thing is pretty dumb, huh?"

stringless has a new favorite as of 03:49 on Feb 28, 2021

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Doubtful Guest posted:

https://twitter.com/ChristineH_2017/status/1365745142817296388?s=20

Whilst I don't have the specifics, and may well be misremembering details.

When Linehan was first kicked off Twitter, (also I think this was back when that famous scottish TERF that Graham had a crush on was still alive), he went to mumsnet to complain and be praised, basically saying "Hey ladies, I have been hating trannies really publicly and really hard for a while, and the evil PC brigade were mean to me. Do you love me now?"

mumsnet's reaction was almost verbatim "Who the gently caress are you? Nobody cares. By the way, this is a womans only space, so gently caress off you pervert!"

So he campaign of relentless hate has not ever given him the reaction he has been trying for.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

boar guy posted:

let's all share toothbrushes and bars of soap too

wait do people not share bars of soap? we have 1 bar and we all use our own wash cloth / towel.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Just lol at nuking your career over "men in female spaces" then literally invading a women-only website repeatedly for clout

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

YABU DABU DU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Picnic Princess posted:

Just lol at nuking your career over "men in female spaces" then literally invading a women-only website repeatedly for clout

I'M ONE OF THE GOOD ONES, DAMMIT

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm looking forward to him starting to walk into womens toilets just to check that they're all women in there.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GreenMetalSun posted:

I still want to know what the Blow Job Wars were and who fought in them.
A bunch of stiffs

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Splicer posted:

A bunch of stiffs

I heard most of them folded within 5 minutes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

hooman posted:

I'm looking forward to him starting to walk into womens toilets just to check that they're all women in there.

Oh there's no way he doesn't gleefully support genital inspections. He'd be first in line to weed out trans athletes.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

OwlFancier posted:

Also wtf is wrong with sharing soap, it's soap, it's clean by definition. If you somehow managed to make your soap dirty you got bigger problems.

fungal skin infections are easy to catch off of shared bars of soap. They don't tend to take hold on hands so it doesn't come up when you don't share a shower with someone but I have learned an incredible amount about this subject living in grody sharehouses

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Monkey posted:

I heard most of them folded within 5 minutes.
Cosmo sex tip: fold your man's stiff

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

hooman posted:

Bear in mind he already apologised for sending pictures of his dick and one ball to women on mumsnet, so his whole “male sexual predators trying to invade women’s spaces” was just... well, turn on your monitor, Graham. Always is.

Edit: thanks VVG

Sanford has a new favorite as of 09:57 on Feb 28, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sanford posted:

Bear in mind he already apologised for sending pictures of his dick and balls to women on mumsnet, so his whole “male sexual predators trying to invade women’s spaces” was just... well, turn on your monitor, Graham. Always is.

You mean his dick and ball. Singular.

Glinner has only got one ball.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm like 3000 posts behind and I don't go on twitter much so I'm just posting everything I've found lately and apologizing if it's already been put in the thread.

Also I'm not going to say who's the idiot either

https://twitter.com/negaoryx/status/1354147400160403457
https://twitter.com/StormYorha/status/1364296646570487812
https://twitter.com/renegadecut/status/1365049571387334657
https://twitter.com/TheJewishDream/status/1365000781405904898
https://twitter.com/slowbeef/status/1362621008528764928

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Glinner has only got one ball.

Göring has two but very small.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

I'm like 3000 posts behind and I don't go on twitter much so I'm just posting everything I've found lately and apologizing if it's already been put in the thread.

Don't worry, you've only missed 3000 posts of goons explaining in great detail how they like to share food.

Meanwhile, the potato wars rage on.

*edit - this is from a pro British Facebook group

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Teaching kids they can be a gender fluid potato.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just start scrambling the available accessories. You could get parts of either set, it's just a roll of the dice. That's what they'd do if they actually cared rather than being just pathetically performative in a way that anyone can see through.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Destroying the gender essentialism of a toy whose entire gag since its inception was that you can mix up all the parts however you want

Where literally every kid on the face of the earth who has owned both a Mr. and a Mrs. has created a Potato Head with a mixed-up combination of parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Data Graham posted:

Where literally every kid on the face of the earth who has owned both a Mr. and a Mrs. has created a Potato Head with a mixed-up combination of parts

Also all of us who got a second hand potato head so all the accessories were just mixed together in a completely different box to begin with.