Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish I knew if the lanterns will be necessary for something afterwards. I only have 20 because I don't feel like they're going to be relevant after the event ends anyway and they're just souvenirs till next year if so.

Anyone using C6 Noelle please give me a stat breakdown, I'm getting 2-3k on ult from her with 944 atk and 1262 defense talents all lvl 6 and she's level 60. Dunno if I just need to keep grinding Guyun endlessly till I get something with defense and both crits on it for everything or what. Fischl's pulling her weight much better and she's only 60/70.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

So what're good target defense and crit values for support Albedo? I'm finally starting to get him up to speed to support Ning, and just wondering what sort of numbers I should target. Currently 70/70, with decent (but not fully leveled) artifacts, and I'm at 1686 def. Getting that up over 2k seems pretty easy with more levels and artifacts (once I'm less broke), but my crit rate and damage are all out of wack: 11.6% crit rate with 108% crit damage, though Harbinger of Dawn boosts rate by 28% since he's pretty much always gonna be full health.

Currently:
Level 0 defender's will flower, def% and crit damage substats
Level 0 defender's will feather, HP and EM substats (replacing this the instant I find something better)
Level 16 def% gladiator sands, crit damage, rate, attack%, and attack substats (nearly all the rolls went into attack% which is useless for him...)
Level 7 geo% petra goblet, HP, def, def%, and atk% substats (flex... hoping for def% rolls)
Level 16 def% petra hat, crit damage, hp%, flat def, and crit rate substats

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the 1:2 crit ratio is good enough to treat as a general baseline, i don't think there is any particular def target worth worrying about so long as you have your def% sands and give Albedo some mild priority when it comes to levels/ascensions

at 80/90 SL9 mine only has ~1.4k def and 64/143 crit numbers with HoD and a def%/geo%/crit% build. i'm satisfied having my bloom crits in the 8-9k range considering it's a full Petra set with bad subs on the cup/hat and 4* pieces in my sands/hat slots.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tae posted:

XQ, Chong, Noelle according to datamine.

I looked at the datamine myself. I only ever saw XQ and Chong:

Looks like XQ and Chong was right on the money, and for the very first time, we have two characters of the same element promoted on the same character banner: . Looks like we have Liyue theme, and the 4* star available allows for this particularly popular team on the CN playerbase for abyss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCG75OMsAA

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
God dammit, didn't we just have Xiangling?

Edit: Oh, I guess it was both X's and Noelle. Still, could've been like Ninguang.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 28, 2021

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Hmm, this is more interesting. Two repeats from Ganyu's banner is still obnoxious, but I'd go for Xiangling C4, and I guess I do have dreams of someday running a Ganyu/Diona/Mona/XQ freeze team... All gonna have to come down to how good Hu Tao is with 4* spears, I guess.

dogsicle posted:

the 1:2 crit ratio is good enough to treat as a general baseline, i don't think there is any particular def target worth worrying about so long as you have your def% sands and give Albedo some mild priority when it comes to levels/ascensions

at 80/90 SL9 mine only has ~1.4k def and 64/143 crit numbers with HoD and a def%/geo%/crit% build. i'm satisfied having my bloom crits in the 8-9k range considering it's a full Petra set with bad subs on the cup/hat and 4* pieces in my sands/hat slots.

Good deal. My crits are still only ~4k, but once I do another ascension, get some more talent levels, and finish leveling artifacts that should go up quite a bit.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Who cares about how good Hu Tao is damage wise

Ghosties!

"Hu as in 'Who put me in this coffin' and Tao as in 'I need to geT OUt'"

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I wish I knew if the lanterns will be necessary for something afterwards. I only have 20 because I don't feel like they're going to be relevant after the event ends anyway and they're just souvenirs till next year if so.

Anyone using C6 Noelle please give me a stat breakdown, I'm getting 2-3k on ult from her with 944 atk and 1262 defense talents all lvl 6 and she's level 60. Dunno if I just need to keep grinding Guyun endlessly till I get something with defense and both crits on it for everything or what. Fischl's pulling her weight much better and she's only 60/70.

She still wants basically the same stat setup as other DPS except for a DEF sands instead of ATK. So you want a Geo DMG% cup and either Crit Rate or Crit DMG headpiece (try to maintain as close to a 1:2 ratio of crit rate to crit dmg). Just pumping up DEF will hit diminishing returns, similar to just pumping ATK on anyone else. The good news with substats though is that you don't need to dodge the ATK stats so much, they'll be fine. Ideally you'd prefer DEF stats over their ATK equivalents, but you'll probably have both and you really only need to dodge HP stats and elemental mastery.

My c6 noelle isn't kitted optimally at all (also farming guyun forever) but I'm currently at:
Weapon: Whiteblind 90/90 R1
Level: 80/90
ATK: 1215
DEF: 2310
Talent Levels: 9-11-11 (including constellations)
Crit Rate: 22.5%
Crit DMG: 100.0% (yeah this ratio is a bit off)

I'm actually using my gladiator set reject pieces (so I have a def hat instead of either crit) until I can farm good pieces of bolide.

I hit for a minimum of 4.5k with normals on ruin guards/hunters with no buffs. Crits max out at 14k.
Spins are weak (2.7k on first hits) since gladiator doesn't buff charged attacks.

Yuwe fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 28, 2021

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Chongyun is the only 4 star I don't have and I can use more XQ and Xiangling constellations. So maybe I'll blow my 50 or so pulls on this banner.

35 pulls into an unguaranteed pity so maybe I'll just end up getting a random 5 star and set myself up for the Venti rerun. But if Hu Tao pops up I won't mind even though I already have Klee and Ganyun dps.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

launcher says available now but I DONT SEE IT

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm hoping similar to that Liyue Country team, the 4* turbo teams get some guides/videos. Jinx has done a couple twitter threads based on Keqing/Beidou discord info but i want more before actually investing in anything new.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So do you get anything special if you do all the lantern rite quests?

I’ve got 4 left

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Fun fact, during the CBT2 the Lantern Festival was completely different. The materials for the lanterns didn't drop nearly as often as they did now, but they also allowed you to swap materials at a 1:1 ratio with each other so it didn't really matter too much. The rewards were that you would get a grab-bag of artifacts, weapon exp crystals, mora, and character exp books for each lantern you released with up to 10 per day. You had to write a message on each lantern and there was a website available where you could read the lantern wishes that everyone else posted. Due to the extremely aggressive profanity filter a lot of the default messages couldn't be used for the lanterns.

The festival tracked the progress of everyone playing at the time and rewards were unlocked as more and more people release lanterns. The final reward was a full set of 5* Wanderer's Troupe artifacts.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

God dammit, so close to perfect clearing level 7, but some stupid rear end in a top hat speedy mitachurl snuck through my freeze pod in the penultimate wave. You're not supposed to be able to run that fast, fatties

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

God dammit, so close to perfect clearing level 7, but some stupid rear end in a top hat speedy mitachurl snuck through my freeze pod in the penultimate wave. You're not supposed to be able to run that fast, fatties

Dunno what strategy you're going with, but on some of the maps geo MC is a great stop-gap to block an entire hallway for a bit. At level 7 she was the only character I was really using, though I might have used a jean push here or there.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oh, Bennet has two dads! Neat.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he has a whole group of dads

though yeah i'm assuming a nonzero number could be "bachelors" as well

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tsyni posted:

Dunno what strategy you're going with, but on some of the maps geo MC is a great stop-gap to block an entire hallway for a bit. At level 7 she was the only character I was really using, though I might have used a jean push here or there.

I had been using Geo MC, but I think my problem was just needing a few more levels on my towers and forgetting that mines were a thing. Cleared it once I actually started using them as insurance.

Now I just gotta do some afk strats to finish the rest of the upgrades.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
man i just want to hug bennett

theblackw0lf posted:

So do you get anything special if you do all the lantern rite quests?

I’ve got 4 left

I think there's a BP reward, other than that nah?

I left the namecard, azoth dust, mora, ore, and slightly under half the gemstones in the shop. Cleared out XP and talent books and got slightly over half the gemstones. This and the hypostatic symphony event are the only ones I haven't full cleared, this one because full clears are tedious and the hypostasis one just hit me at a bad time, only jumped in for the primos on initial clear. Overall, I do think this was a pretty neat twist on TD, and I wouldn't mind doing it again next year.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 28, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well guess I ain’t pulling. Already have one of them at c6.

Maybe I’ll pull on the weapon banner.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Still working on substats for Ganyu, but lol at this crit rate

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Toraen posted:

She still wants basically the same stat setup as other DPS except for a DEF sands instead of ATK. So you want a Geo DMG% cup and either Crit Rate or Crit DMG headpiece (try to maintain as close to a 1:2 ratio of crit rate to crit dmg). Just pumping up DEF will hit diminishing returns, similar to just pumping ATK on anyone else. The good news with substats though is that you don't need to dodge the ATK stats so much, they'll be fine. Ideally you'd prefer DEF stats over their ATK equivalents, but you'll probably have both and you really only need to dodge HP stats and elemental mastery.

My c6 noelle isn't kitted optimally at all (also farming guyun forever) but I'm currently at:
Weapon: Whiteblind 90/90 R1
Level: 80/90
ATK: 1215
DEF: 2310
Talent Levels: 9-11-11 (including constellations)
Crit Rate: 22.5%
Crit DMG: 100.0% (yeah this ratio is a bit off)

I'm actually using my gladiator set reject pieces (so I have a def hat instead of either crit) until I can farm good pieces of bolide.

I hit for a minimum of 4.5k with normals on ruin guards/hunters with no buffs. Crits max out at 14k.
Spins are weak (2.7k on first hits) since gladiator doesn't buff charged attacks.

Oh, man mine's way behind too. So's my Diluc as well. I'm having so much trouble getting decent crit rate substats for her right now. Fischl's doing more work than her and Diluc and she's still only C5. I guess bows are just that good.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

gandlethorpe posted:

I had been using Geo MC, but I think my problem was just needing a few more levels on my towers and forgetting that mines were a thing. Cleared it once I actually started using them as insurance.

Now I just gotta do some afk strats to finish the rest of the upgrades.

Just remember that the achievements clear the stage, clear the stage perfectly, and clear the stage using <= 12 towers, don’t need to be done all at once (although, you could certainly do so). Once you’ve got your hydro + cryo + 2 electro towers setup near each spawn gate you can just afk right then and there. You’re guaranteed to to clear the stage. Like I don’t see how it’s possible to fail a stage if you’ve got those 4 towers set up at each spawn gate, and I’m not being hyperbolic about this. It’s just not possible.

For the <= 12 towers remember it’s not cumulative. You can build 200 towers as long as the tower count stays at 12 or below.

There’s another one in the final difficulty where you need to use 8 types or less. That ones easy too. You’ve already got your four, add pyro (5), recovery (6), buff (7), and the physical one (8). I don’t think I’ve ever built a single anemo tower ever, and I didn’t bother unlocking the teleport until after I was done with it all.

The super last stage with the 10 waves just don’t even bother. There’s no achievement or points or character banners or anything.

I never had to use any character skills to cheat, and only had to build the pyro towers at the very end.

If you’re at the point where all you’ve got is perfect clears, just save your time and restart the moment someone runs through. You’ve probably already got enough points to unlock the upgrades to bother slogging through the rest.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 28, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
gently caress 5 star fire pulls. I'll be rolling on this, but I won't get any of their loving constellations. God drat

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

gently caress 5 star fire pulls. I'll be rolling on this, but I won't get any of their loving constellations. God drat

I wasn't interested in the last two character banners or this next one, so I've been going at the weapon banner hard. Started this banner close to pity (since the last one sucked) with primos banked. Really wanted a WGS. Picked up a Staff of Homa 4 wishes in and then another one 19 wishes later. Festival farted wishes at you.

I decided to go hard at the banner because my DPS are Diluc and Chongun and they both have 4* weapons. Then I got a third staff 60ish pulls later. I got mad as hell and impulse bought 4k space rubles for :10bux::20bux: and burned them on the banner right away.

Now I'm kind of regretting that because with 3xHoma, Wu Tao is suddenly looking a lot tastier. And I see what people are talking about with the weapon banners and probability. A sure thing is sure feeling appealing right now.

Am I crazy to keep hitting the weapon banner? I was already dumb enough to throw real money at it, I don't want to be tempted to double down on that. Someone convince me either an R4 Homa or an R3 Homa and Wu Tao wouldn't be the worse thing in the world....

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Araganzar posted:

I wasn't interested in the last two character banners or this next one, so I've been going at the weapon banner hard. Started this banner close to pity (since the last one sucked) with primos banked. Really wanted a WGS. Picked up a Staff of Homa 4 wishes in and then another one 19 wishes later. Festival farted wishes at you.

I decided to go hard at the banner because my DPS are Diluc and Chongun and they both have 4* weapons. Then I got a third staff 60ish pulls later. I got mad as hell and impulse bought 4k space rubles for :10bux::20bux: and burned them on the banner right away.

Now I'm kind of regretting that because with 3xHoma, Wu Tao is suddenly looking a lot tastier. And I see what people are talking about with the weapon banners and probability. A sure thing is sure feeling appealing right now.

Am I crazy to keep hitting the weapon banner? I was already dumb enough to throw real money at it, I don't want to be tempted to double down on that. Someone convince me either an R4 Homa or an R3 Homa and Wu Tao wouldn't be the worse thing in the world....

Say no to the brain worms.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Araganzar posted:

Maybe take a break for a bit, this is how they try to get you.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Oh I'm not spending any more cash, but I have to use my wishes somewhere. Right now the weapon banner is the only thing that looks appealing but maybe I should just be patient and have a big stack to spend when the right banner comes along.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Araganzar posted:

Am I crazy to keep hitting the weapon banner? I was already dumb enough to throw real money at it, I don't want to be tempted to double down on that.

Yes, it sounds like you are developing Gacha whale brainworms.
The rates in this game are terrible and you are not spending money to buy something, you are spending money to chase the dream of winning big.

The pity thing as well is a mechanic that developers use to incentivise gambling fallacies. "I've already spent so much, I'm bound to win any time now." is an even more treacherous idea if it actually does result in a miniscule payoff based on the disproportionate amount of money spent.

At least that's my take on it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Zwiebel posted:

Yes, it sounds like you are developing Gacha whale brainworms.
The rates in this game are terrible and you are not spending money to buy something, you are spending money to chase the dream of winning big.

The pity thing as well is a mechanic that developers use to incentivise gambling fallacies. "I've already spent so much, I'm bound to win any time now." is an even more treacherous idea if it actually does result in a miniscule payoff based on the disproportionate amount of money spent.

At least that's my take on it.
Well, there's weapon banner which is extreme gambling that it's best not to touch. And there's timing character pities where you're guaranteed the rate up which is well worth working around.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you're never forced to use wishes so just wait

assuming you also got a decent amount of refines on Lithic you can make the sword work well on Chongyun, but if your Diluc/Chong are already running Serpent Spine and Archaic they're about as set as they can be. also not even that far behind WG in damage. 1.4 weapon banner(s) look like they could be similarly good if you don't find the upcoming Hu Tao/Venti/Mondstadt 5* + Rosaria banners appealing enough to use rolls.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
An R3 or R4 Homa on Hu Tao will be strong, but if you weren't going to pull for her before this, I'd just hold on to it and see what other polearm characters we get. It's also great for Zhongli if you pulled him. I'd only do additional pulls on the weapon banner if you're going to be happy getting any 5* weapon and not just one of the rate ups and you haven't seen anything else you want to save for or you don't care about saving.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I pulled on the weapon banner and hit the 50/50 on rate up but lost the 50/50 on the weapon I want. Weapon banner sucks.

If you're seriously not interested in any of the next 10 characters leaked, you might be waiting a long rear end time.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tae posted:

I pulled on the weapon banner and hit the 50/50 on rate up but lost the 50/50 on the weapon I want. Weapon banner sucks.

If you're seriously not interested in any of the next 10 characters leaked, you might be waiting a long rear end time.

weapon banner is awful. spear is basically an unused weapon type outside of 5*s so if you don't have them, if you get off-bannered, you have a 20% chance of getting something completely useless. which i did :shepicide:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Tae posted:

Who all is coming up? I know Ayaka and Rosaria exist, don't know anything about the former. I've been pulling for 5*s mostly based on elemental/mechanical utility since I have everyone but Diluc, Keqing, Qiqi, Venti, Xiao, and Hu Tao. I'll go hard for Venti and the electro archon and then probably cool it until 3.0 unless Dendro happens first or some other Ganyu-esque stat stick comes along

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

zgrowler2 posted:

Who all is coming up? I know Ayaka and Rosaria exist, don't know anything about the former. I've been pulling for 5*s mostly based on elemental/mechanical utility since I have everyone but Diluc, Keqing, Qiqi, Venti, Xiao, and Hu Tao. I'll go hard for Venti and the electro archon and then probably cool it until 3.0 unless Dendro happens first or some other Ganyu-esque stat stick comes along

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jnntgg/new_characters_that_are_allegedly_datamined_from/

[From left to right:

Hu Tao (funeral parlor boss who doesn't get along with Qiqi). She's a Pyro Polearm from Liyue like Xiangling.

Mimi is a Hydro Catalyst from Inazuma.

Yunjin is a Geo Polearm from Liyue like Zhongli.

Yaoyao is the first Dendro character we know for a fact is playable, she's a Catalyst from Liyue who I think studied with Xiangling or works at a rival restaurant or something. I cant remember exactly. She gets along really well with Qiqi

Sayu is an Anemo Claymore from Inazuma

Tohama is another Pyro Polearm, this one from Inazuma as well.

Then the last two are either: Shenli, a Cyro Claymore from Liyue and then Rosaria, a Cyro Polearm from Mondstatd, or their names are the other way around. I cant remember which one is which.]

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Araganzar posted:

Given what we know, the expected roll for a specific 5* promoted on the banner is 136 rolls, but the weapon is never guaranteed; you are only ever guaranteed to get one of the two 5*. You can easily be as unlucky to never get a specific 5* weapon that you want, and that poor luck can be expensive. Extra constellations or extra refinements for 5* is not something you should actively use money for unless you really like this game and have large sums of money that you want to use.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The currently theorized upcoming characters are:

1.4:
Rosaria, 4*, cryo polearm (lots has been leaked about her including footage, she looks like she'll be the best cryo support period)

1.5:
Baizhu (snake guy who works with Qiqi at Bubu pharmacy, 5* Dendro catalyst though there are questions around his weapon type, no one even knows what Dendro does yet)
Yaoyao (4* Dendro, not sure of weapon type, speculation is she may be given out for free but no confirmation)
POSSIBLY Shenli as well (5* cryo claymore allegedly focused around physical damage) - Shenli was originally expected to be 1.5 but there have been way more Baizhu related leaks recently

1.6:
The long awaited Ayaka Kamisato (5* Cryo sword)
POSSIBLY Scaramouche (5* electro catalyst) - we don't know anything about 1.6 yet, we just know he's under development

I'm certainly going to pull for Baizhu. All of these can change too, everything after 1.4 is very unknown.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 28, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there is at least one big issue with this post, they mix up Kazuha and Tohma

https://twitter.com/lumie_lumie/status/1347413787243118594?s=20

https://twitter.com/lumie_lumie/status/1350578946644062213?s=20

Kazuha is anemo despite looking pyro-as-hell, and Tohma for some reason didn't make it into this image but is the Inazuman pyro (weapon unconfirmed)

No Wave posted:

The currently theorized upcoming characters are:

1.4:
Rosaria, 4*, cryo polearm (lots has been leaked about her including footage, she looks like she'll be the best cryo support period)

1.5:
Baizhu (snake guy who works with Qiqi at Bubu pharmacy, 5* Dendro catalyst though there are questions around his weapon type, no one even knows what Dendro does yet)
Yaoyao (4* Dendro, not sure of weapon type, speculation is she may be given out for free but no confirmation)
POSSIBLY Shenli as well (5* cryo claymore allegedly focused around physical damage) - Shenli was originally expected to be 1.5 but there have been way more Baizhu related leaks recently

1.6:
The long awaited Ayaka Kamisato (5* Cryo sword)
POSSIBLY Scaramouche (5* electro catalyst) - we don't know anything about 1.6 yet, we just know he's under development

I'm certainly going to pull for Baizhu. All of these can change too, everything after 1.4 is very unknown.

would love to see Dendro and Scara hit so early tbh

i've been trying to keep my expectations at 1.4 levels, so 1.5 being Shenhe and then a Qiqi/Yunjin banner set wouldn't surprise me. 1.6 forward going wild dropping all the Inazuma leaks we've seen at the least, and Dendro being dropped in one of the interstitial patches between Inazuma and Sumeru.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Next starglitter 4*s are Ning and XQ