Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Remember when Perez was with McLaren and somebody hosed up and flew a Mexican flag with a weed leaf on it for the Mexican GP?

no.... but I would like to

desire to checo more intensifies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

some of you are going to be very mad when checo does his patented choke move next year but that's okay they're very good posts rn

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Payndz posted:

Lewis wins an 8th WDC in 2021, becoming undisputed GOAT and retires to pursue his careers in music and fashion. Max jumps at the chance to take the empty Mercedes seat... only for Merc to botch the 2022 change from aero to ground effect, giving Alpine and Alonso a surprise win. Checo finishes second in the WDC.

:ck5:

Khablam posted:

Yeah he had to drive 4 corners after it properly went down with a 30second lead.
What a hero.

sorry max loving sucks and ur really butt mad op

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

the paradigm shift posted:

some of you are going to be very mad when checo does his patented choke move next year but that's okay they're very good posts rn

it will be no where the magnitude of the trash that will come out of maranello, op

straight up poop from a butt

my monitor is on

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

Khablam posted:

Love the people who re-write incredibly recent history to fit their narrative.
5 DNFS! Max is inconsistent!!

- Electrical failure
- Engine failure
- Engine failure
- Tyre failure
- Shoved off the track

Truly a man who needs to work harder.

In an era of insane car consistency where most drivers get like 1-2 retirements per season whereas Max consistently get 4-5 - yes, I'm thinking he is doing something wrong. Maybe he keeps turning on the party mode you can use for a maximum of 5 laps because he mentally can't handle being the quickest coolest guy on track or whatever? I don't know. But his car is dying on him far more than you would statistically expect.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

Yeah he had to drive 4 corners after it properly went down with a 30second lead.
What a hero.

Max drove straight into a wall lmao

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

cgfreak posted:

In an era of insane car consistency where most drivers get like 1-2 retirements per season whereas Max consistently get 4-5 - yes, I'm thinking he is doing something wrong. Maybe he keeps turning on the party mode you can use for a maximum of 5 laps because he mentally can't handle being the quickest coolest guy on track or whatever? I don't know. But his car is dying on him far more than you would statistically expect.

Clearly it's because he pushes the throttle like an idiot instead of you know, his car has reliability issues and it's got nothing to so with him.

I don't understand why you people constantly make up baseless poo poo about Max.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Cos it is funny and he drove into a wall op

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

cgfreak posted:

This is like a The Sun-reading soccer fan yelling their dumbass theory at the TV.
It's fundamentally embarrassing to humanity that people can have such a stupid opinion and be allowed to type it into a medium where other people might see it.

None of that is even remotely possibly true if you understood anything beyond CAR GO ROUND TRACK HEH HEH HEH and there's just no point explaining why you're wrong.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Khablam posted:

This is like a The Sun-reading soccer fan yelling their dumbass theory at the TV.
It's fundamentally embarrassing to humanity that people can have such a stupid opinion and be allowed to type it into a medium where other people might see it.

None of that is even remotely possibly true if you understood anything beyond CAR GO ROUND TRACK HEH HEH HEH and there's just no point explaining why you're wrong.

try it anyways what do you have to lose it's at least more well formed than max bad he drove into wall lol like the rest of the thread. just a weird one to choose to quote.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

Nice meltdown

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

the paradigm shift posted:

try it anyways what do you have to lose it's at least more well formed than max bad he drove into wall lol like the rest of the thread. just a weird one to choose to quote.
No. Saying "what you would statistically expect" with a sample of one lmao and none of the factors he imagined can play a part.

It's like arguing with a toddler why you don't eat the dirt. You don't, you just take it out their mouth.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
When did Max retire by driving straight into a wall?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Max is good OP, and yet he also deliberately drives into walls on a regular basis. Why? Does he derive some kind of pleasure from it? Is it a sex thing?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The Formula 1 thread: fundamentally embarrassing to humanity

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

Yeah dumbass theories like "max just has bad luck all the time and is Actually Very Good"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah dumbass theories like "max just has bad luck all the time and is Actually Very Good"
What the gently caress are you talking about?
What the gently caress season did you watch?

I know you jerk off every time Max's car breaks down, so I'm sure it's all very memorable to you and you want to talk about it. If you are sane, however, you'd recognise they tried extremely hard to avoid engine penalties for Max, which meant stretching the power units for more races than before. Being the literal only driver/car combo who could fight Mercedes, kinda leads to these situations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

jazzyhattrick posted:

I think Max is good OP, and yet he also deliberately drives into walls on a regular basis. Why? Does he derive some kind of pleasure from it? Is it a sex thing?

the dutch are hosed up deviants for sure lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You have weird views on jerking off my man

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

max breaks his car all the time because of how hard the RBR mechanics work

I mean they are hard workers no doubt, remember when max crashed his car before the race even started and they fixed it in time

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

max breaks his car all the time because of how hard the RBR mechanics work

I mean they are hard workers no doubt, remember when max crashed his car before the race even started and they fixed it in time

Max was just testing the limits of his mechanics

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Turn your monitor

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol super max more like subpar max

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
if max is the best why doesnt he win a wdc

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Now we can all be assured it is not the car that drives into walls, seeing as Checo is able to run a lap around silverstone without issue

https://twitter.com/SChecoPerez/status/1365358830419337217?s=19

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

OhsH posted:

if max is the best why doesnt he win a wdc

This is very true. Sebastian Vettel was able to win 4 times and he spends most his races doing donuts for no reason. Really reflects poorly on Max when you think about it.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

Now we can all be assured it is not the car that drives into walls, seeing as Checo is able to run a lap around silverstone without issue

https://twitter.com/SChecoPerez/status/1365358830419337217?s=19

Is it just me or does the engine sound different to last year?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

CancerCakes posted:

Is it just me or does the engine sound different to last year?

Probably the mic on the camera.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Lou Takki posted:

I don't understand why you people constantly make up baseless poo poo about Max.

because hes a oval office op

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Silverstone may be a driver favourite and a technical challenge, but it's boring as gently caress to look at. Any Brit who gets misty-eyed at the thought of a flat field in the middle of nowhere is the same kind of Farage-supporting, flat-roofed-pub-with-Sky-Sports-frequenting gammon who preferred It's A Knockout to Jeux Sans Frontieres.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Agreed OP, Suzuka is the best

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Payndz posted:

Silverstone may be a driver favourite and a technical challenge, but it's boring as gently caress to look at. Any Brit who gets misty-eyed at the thought of a flat field in the middle of nowhere is the same kind of Farage-supporting, flat-roofed-pub-with-Sky-Sports-frequenting gammon who preferred It's A Knockout to Jeux Sans Frontieres.

congrats you described all the british ppl itt apart from the m5 nitrogen tyres linux guy who can't stop lolling at google stadia but hates apple and wants to hug and kiss max

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I once had a really nice pie at Silverstone. I think Webber won the race.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
sounds terrible

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

cgfreak posted:

Holy poo poo this is a stupid post lmao

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Lance stroll driver of the day.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

OhsH posted:

Lance stroll driver of the day.

yeah, garbage day :blastu:

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Mlyp!!!! Turn on your monitor!!!!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
but for real Lance Stroll is better than Hulkenberg, the results don't lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I once had a really nice pie at Silverstone. I think Webber won the race.

they probably put eels and bloodclots in the "pie" at silverstone