Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I would love to see that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

I don't understand why he calls it a 1300cc bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I was wondering that too. I’d think that would be blasphemous for someone super into electric bikes.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

High Protein posted:

I don't understand why he calls it a 1300cc bike.

It has 200hp and 168ft/lbs, I think he's comparing it to an equivalent ICE displacement.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Gorson posted:

It has 200hp and 168ft/lbs, I think he's comparing it to an equivalent ICE displacement.

Well with how much bike (and car) manufacturers like to play around with that kind of thing, it wouldn't be that surprising if e.g. KTM were to release an electic bike called [something]90. In fact, it's almost strange that electric BMW cars don't have nonsensical names that refer to engine displacements. I guess the drive to give electric vehicles names that clearly stand out wins.

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Go on, take the money and run.
Oh boy. Early morning deluge of ranting. He's going full Joan of Arc. Let me edit some people's names out of this group chat and host these pictures up.

edit-

LodeRunner fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 27, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ok yeah I'm going with bipolar disorder. That's classic mania.

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

aaaaaaand random livestream about his LS-218 in ... 8 minutes?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My dude is literally pulling the “I’ll make the wiki” portion of goon projects except he’s saying “pay me 2mil to make the wiki”

It’s a ballsy move and if he pulls it off he’s king of this thread.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

LodeRunner posted:

aaaaaaand random livestream about his LS-218 in ... 8 minutes?

is your payoff in all this that maybe you can mine lightning info out of this idiot or what lol

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Dunno if anyone will be able to publicly view this but the LiveStream is ... happening now?

https://www.facebook.com/EVRLLC/videos/264900811709745

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m gonna say since this is seeming more and more like this dude has problems that he isn’t getting help with, and he’s looking like he might be CA’s version of Ulilillia, it’s probably best no one eggs him on. Report on it, sure.

Not that anyone really been pushing him to do stuff but let’s not start

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Yeah please I have no interest in antagonizing him. I just want you all to share in the joy of watching it from a safe, safe distance.

edit- for anyone not tuned in (everyone) this is what you're missing so far

LodeRunner fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 27, 2021

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:hmmyes:

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

It was an unfulfilling livestream. You can view the whole thing here: https://www.facebook.com/EVRLLC/videos/264900811709745/

I did glean one super important thing, though. This $38,000 bike does not offer DC fast charging. Which is a promised spec. If he's got the full-sized battery pack he was promised, and I'm not holding my breath, that's over 3 hours downtime for a charge as opposed to the advertised 1 hour.

mewse
May 2, 2006

LodeRunner posted:

It was an unfulfilling livestream. You can view the whole thing here: https://www.facebook.com/EVRLLC/videos/264900811709745/

I did glean one super important thing, though. This $38,000 bike does not offer DC fast charging. Which is a promised spec. If he's got the full-sized battery pack he was promised, and I'm not holding my breath, that's over 3 hours downtime for a charge as opposed to the advertised 1 hour.

He seemed averse to pointing the camera behind the front wheel and showing what's under the fairings? Because you've talked about exposed batteries

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Oh I've already seen the batteries on that bike. Totally exposed. I only had a chance to look at the left side of the bike up close before Hatfield wheeled it away and I've been kicking myself for not looking at the right side charge port ever since. It was a huge relief he showed that.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ah, nice

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

LodeRunner posted:

How long would you be able to ride fast on that three hour change? I mean, I know it's like ten minutes before the bike has some kind of flaming disaster but I mean theoretically.

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Fast like track, fast like highway, or fast like the meaningless term 'spirited'?

Assuming the battery pack was the full promised size and it didn't explode I'm gonna venture a guess at the following:

Track maybe 10 laps at Buttonwillow?

Highway around 120 miles

Spirited back roads maybe 150 miles?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

LodeRunner posted:

Yeah please I have no interest in antagonizing him. I just want you all to share in the joy of watching it from a safe, safe distance.
:munch:

I have been following this whole ordeal and it's quite entertaining. I know you said at a distance, but I will totally buy him an account if he'd ever be interested in coming on here and trying to explain his thought process.

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

I'd prefer he didn't know I'm posting all this poo poo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If anyone ITT is seriously thinking about touching the poop, please get your head straight. Don't touch the poop.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

LodeRunner posted:

Fast like track, fast like highway, or fast like the meaningless term 'spirited'?

Assuming the battery pack was the full promised size and it didn't explode I'm gonna venture a guess at the following:

Track maybe 10 laps at Buttonwillow?

Highway around 120 miles

Spirited back roads maybe 150 miles?

That doesn't seem too bad, and all you have to accept is the constant threat of fiery death!

Sagebrush posted:

Don't touch the poop.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

LodeRunner posted:

I'd prefer he didn't know I'm posting all this poo poo.
Makes sense, sorry, I'll go back to lurking! :munch:

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Track lists anyone?

Stayin' out the puddles (feat. Dave the Instructor)

Safety First, a modern rock ballad

Born 2 Safe (feat. Steve and the Live Wires)

Keep on Roebling (until they dun call the cops)

If I had 2 Million Dollars

AHRMA-geddon

edit- legitimately at this point to we reach out to NMD or the Musician's Lounge and see if their creative juices get sparked?

LodeRunner fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 28, 2021

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

“Riding on my Suzuki” over and over.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Just when you're getting bored with the man, he hits you with this juke :lol:

Megabook
Mar 13, 2019

Grimey Drawer
I assume this would be working for the "exposure", or is this what he wants the $2 million for?

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

he has Vision

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Whatever idea pops into that dudes head he just makes into a “business idea” doesn’t he?

It is by will alone I set my L Lc into motion

mewse
May 2, 2006

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Whatever idea pops into that dudes head he just makes into a “business idea” doesn’t he?

It is by will alone I set my L Lc into motion

The fact that he's in a constant battle off wills with reality itself is what made me think he's dutch but now it's looking more and more like mental illness.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I have no education in psychology beyond a couple of intro courses in university and having worked with a person who had bipolar disorder and wasn't very good about staying on their meds, but this seems pretty similar to a manic episode to me

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Tbh he both types and thinks like my dutch mate used to when he was on coke.

"What if we took silicone and right like because it works in the freezer pretty great like ice cube trays
We made molds of shot glasses out of it and you could make ice shot glasses
It'll make us millions for sure. You figure out how to mass produce
The molds and I'll start talking to distributors"

"Dude they already have those".

"Ok ok sure but ours will be premium
In fancy colours and shapes and stuff way better than
The ones they have we could easily do this".

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Kafka once wrote, "In the struggle between yourself and the world, take the side of the world"
Looks like this guy took the other side

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood

one had a puddle

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I had a schizophrenic roommate who started self-medicating with coke instead of the appropriate drugs and she still made infinitely better life choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

And now he's banned from another track because he wanted to rescue his pet