Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

D-LINK posted:

I can answer that. If you know someone who is a freemason, ask them about it. They will be obligated to help you to become one

Yeah but you gotta believe in a higher power and poo poo. I was gonna use it as like a second board game group, but oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

There's no way that includes full time childcare. If it does, it falls into the "you(r children) are the product" category.

Kids gonna be shagging balls, cutting grass, or doing dishes for free.

Absolutely any parent making under 500k takes that deal. Childcare is one of those essentials of life like healthcare, education, and housing that the average person can no longer afford.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Magnetic North posted:

Yeah but you gotta believe in a higher power and poo poo. I was gonna use it as like a second board game group, but oh well.

I mean, I took the freemasonry idea of the grand architect of the universe, and just substituted physics and it didn't bother me.

It's just an excuse for a bunch of old dudes to get out of the house and cosplay secret society when the reality is just business networking with the benefit of being around a wealth of accumulated experience. It was more appealing to me than the VFW or American Legion after my hitch

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

being anti-freemasonry was a legit political position in the early 19th century

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Leading to a great simpsons reference

No, not that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpg8iziLaA0

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1365813975112445957
The answer is Pablo :colbert:

Also oh god it's the last year of my 20s
https://twitter.com/AchillesF6/status/1366115575995523073

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Bro it’s a 100% Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Bo Jackson and its not even close.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Bro it’s a 100% Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson

He’s 29. He don’t know Bo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

where's Christopher Robin from Winnie The Pooh Home Run Derby

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois posted:

where's Christopher Robin from Winnie The Pooh Home Run Derby

Banned for HGH use

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

Ironic, considering that the philosophical ideals behind our founding documents, like All Men Are Created Equal are directly cribbed from freemasonry. Seriously, almost all of our common ideals as Americans come straight out of their core beliefs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Reggie Bush wasn't even insanely OP in NCAAF 06, I'm like 99% percent sure Matt Leinart is rated higher than him on that team because he won the Heisman the year before

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Pablo Sanchez was an automatic home run every single time.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a toss-up between Tecmo Bo and AKI Man

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There was an old football game for the PC which was like designed for a 386 and ran nigh uncontrollably fast on my 486, where Barry Sanders was unstoppable.

You could also design plays on it, so I had a playbook of runs that just had Barry Sanders taking direct snaps with 3 TE's and 2 FB's all slamming into the same gap blocking for him.

80 yard run every single play.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Its Bo and it’s not close

https://youtu.be/8PBvOxicz-0

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Could you in theory just run out the entire quarter in one play as Bo just running around the field?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Could you in theory just run out the entire quarter in one play as Bo just running around the field?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I feel like I missed out not playing Tecmo as a kid

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I feel like I missed out not playing Tecmo as a kid

Don’t be video games are better now then they ever have been.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Half my brain is agreeing and the other half wants to replay Chrono Trigger

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

The best part about being alive today in terms of pop culture is that you can pick out the old good stuff and ignore the avalanche of crap.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

a neat cape posted:

Going back to SNES JRPG's, it is always shocking to me how short they are compared to my memory. poo poo like FF7 and Xenogears makes me think everything is 100 hours long.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

everyone keeps saying how great bo was in tecmo and marcus allen was no slouch

did those raiders have the greatest running game in any football game

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Hot Take: QB Eagles is better than Bo in Tecmo Super Bowl.

Yeah, Jackson is absurdly fast, but he can't catch, has average strength, and both Christian Okoye and Ottis Anderson are nearly as good if in Good or Excellent condition. You can get identical results by putting some of the top receivers in at RB (Namely Jerry Rice, but also Drew Hill from the Oilers is almost as good), and their ability to catch makes a huge difference on some plays. If you know how to read his two running plays pre-snap, he can be contained a fair bit, which makes playing against inexperienced human players stupidly easy because they over abused T Power Sweep R all loving day, and a good linebacker can shoot the gap and potentially stop it for a loss.

Cunningham QB Eagles is already the 4th best passer in the game (Just behind QB Bills, Montana, and Warren Moon), so he can throw it all over the place, while also being tied for the like the 4th fastest runner in the game. Pretty much every pass play he's a threat to go all the way on the ground, even more so than Madden NFL 04 Vick was.

Vertical Lime posted:

everyone keeps saying how great bo was in tecmo and marcus allen was no slouch

did those raiders have the greatest running game in any football game

The Giants were better with Anderson and Megget in the same game. They're both top 10 backs in the game, with Megget being a great receiving option and returner, while Marcus Allen is like 15th or something. Also the Okoye/Barry Word combo with the Chiefs is pretty good too, since both have huge hitting power numbers.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 28, 2021

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In some ways, yes, but in others I'd much rather go back and play NFL Blitz 2000, or an Xbox 360-era Madden or NHL game (or even an OG Xbox Madden game) than anything EA Sports has barfed out over the last ten years.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sports games haven't been objectively good in over a decade

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

The Answer is Mario Mario. He's a septuple threat. He's great at baseball, golf, tennis, soccer, baseball, basketball, and racing. Not to mention every event in both summer and winter olympics.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Timby posted:

In some ways, yes, but in others I'd much rather go back and play NFL Blitz 2000, or an Xbox 360-era Madden or NHL game (or even an OG Xbox Madden game) than anything EA Sports has barfed out over the last ten years.

EA put out a decent Blitz update in 2012 but it's locked to my 360. It didn't have the late hits but was otherwise great. Wish they would make a new one.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Just play Retro Bowl on your phone, it’s Real Good

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Anyone have the link to that horrifying Ohio State crockpot recipe video?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

Just play Retro Bowl on your phone, it’s Real Good

I play a fuckton of it, but I'd still like something more advanced now and then. They've done a ton to make it fun, and if they ever add some way to create plays or do defense, it'd be perfect.

Like, I loved 2K5 back in the day, and it still has some elements of it that hold up really well (Particularly the whole presentation of the games), but it's playbooks are basically from 2000 and seem archaic today. I haven't regularly played it in probably 15 years at this point, so every time I go back to it now it's always just a bit off because the speed of the game is fairly unique. I like the audible/no huddle/route adjustment system Madden switched to a few years back, but the custom playbooks are constantly broken and limited, and the whole actual gameplay itself is always just off in some way. I still have more fun playing Tecmo III on SNES than any Madden since... maybe '08 or '09?

The EA NHL series was really good for a while, I loved NHL 14, but like Madden they've stripped away too much of the franchise/superstar mode for ultimate team-type crap.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I remember an NBA game, it might have been like, NBA Live 05 or something like that, where Baron Davis could make half and full court shots like it was absolutely nothing

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In a way yes but there are also series that have fiddled around with and ruined their formulas. For sure we've learned how to make games much more complex but it's not always for the better and sometimes it was nice just letting your imagination fill in the blanks.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The best part about being alive today in terms of pop culture is that you can pick out the old good stuff and ignore the avalanche of crap.

Also this. New lovely games are still fresh in our minds but nobody remembers trash like MUSCLE on the NES or Metal Morph on the SNES.

And +1 to QB Eagles being better than Bo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

fartknocker posted:

The EA NHL series was really good for a while, I loved NHL 14, but like Madden they've stripped away too much of the franchise/superstar mode for ultimate team-type crap.

Yeah, the minute the Ultimate Team horseshit really took over is when I stopped bothering with EA Sports games. For a while in the 360 era it wasn't terribly obnoxious, but at some point it took over, and that combined with EA's utterly insane mandate that almost all of its games, sports, shooters, even loving Squadrons, use the Frostbite engine (you know, because it makes perfect sense to bolt a football game into the Battlefield Bad Company engine) ... Yeah, that's when I decided I was done.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dave is getting more brave

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 1, 2021

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ken Griffey Jr. had perfect stats in his games, and in the last game he had a cheat code you could enter that as long as you made contact he would hit a home run. He was insanely OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I think it was tradition back in the 90’s when any player had their own branded game, like that or Wayne Gretzky’s 3D Hockey among many others, that they had to be basically the best player in the game every time.