Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/gina_scooter/status/1366118088979210242

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Wow my lying eyes are lying extra these days

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Maduro isn't the leader of venezuela ipso facto it's okay to sanction him

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Reality Protester posted:

Maduro isn't the leader of venezuela ipso facto it's okay to sanction him

MBS isn't the leader of Saudi Arabia

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it’s true we sanction the entire country such as with Cuba or Russia. (many individuals are on the Russian sanctions list but not putin himself)

the statement from the administration indicated that sanctioning KSA is completely impossible no matter what they do

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I am going to become the Riddler.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

All this stuff about uh 1400+600 and whatever miss one thing: even if that's technically right, delivering actual 2000 checks would make the dems goddamn heroes

but nope, just too much money, i guess

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Atrocious Joe posted:

a real fighting women's movement needs to be independent of the Democrat party. Same with any real Black liberation movement.

A real fighting women's movement needs real weapons
Shame doesn't work when the disgusting people counter with fear

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

All those individual russians under sanctions must not be leaders

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

Its disgusting seeing these lying bitches trying to bring down a good man like Andrew Cuomo. Why anyone is even giving them the time of day I don't know. Even that loony oval office Reade that lied about Joe Biden, drummed up some (fake) evidence in her russian backed scheme, these people going after Cuomo don't even hat that. We're just supposed to take them at their word, against a good man and democratic leader who has no history of this, about something that conveniently raises their status for their future political ambitions. Book deal coming soon anyone? Its disgusting.

Lying sluts like this ruin everything the metoo movement was trying to accomplish and they should be thrown in jail. They should go back to banging the orange man's tiny penis.

Which D&D mod posted this

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Gulping Again posted:

Which D&D mod posted this

please the correct term is Biden Volunteers

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

cant wait for my "im the biggest mark in the world" id card to arrive so i can present it at restaurants to get charged double and then the bar back kicks my rear end in the parking lot

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They're gonna come up with some dumb precedent or procedure reason for not doing every single good thing we want them to do and people will eat it up

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I bet Doug Funnie got a dnc membership card when he got older

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

loquacius posted:

They're gonna come up with some dumb precedent or procedure reason for not doing every single good thing we want them to do and people will eat it up

the alternative is trump

is that what you want ??

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Good soup! posted:

I bet Doug Funnie got a dnc membership card when he got older

very expensive, douglas

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

it’s true we sanction the entire country such as with Cuba or Russia. (many individuals are on the Russian sanctions list but not putin himself)

the statement from the administration indicated that sanctioning KSA is completely impossible no matter what they do

but we do! we absolutely do that's our whole new thing! we have a whole loving list of individual government leaders we've sanctioned!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
didnt we just fuckin sanction like the entire government of myanmar on a person by person basis lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Salean posted:

the alternative is trump

is that what you want ??

I miss the burger dinner in the White House man

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

didnt we just fuckin sanction like the entire government of myanmar on a person by person basis lol

the coup government which the US doesn’t formally recognize

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the hyper technical thing is if they want to sanction officials of a recognized government you sanction the government. if you want to sanction private individuals then it’s by name. since the us doesn’t recognize coup governments (don’t laugh there’s people at the cia/state to make sure all US sponsored coups are formally the “rightful government retaking power”) it sanctions the “private individuals” making up that government.

now we get to the MBS thing. if he is a member of the rightful leader of KSA it’s a state sanctioned assassination and they absolutely should be sanctioned. however sanctioning the saudis means a lot of people lose money from both the oil and defense industries and that is completely unacceptable. by stating “oh we can’t sanction MBS” they get to point away from that little issue

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

but we do! we absolutely do that's our whole new thing! we have a whole loving list of individual government leaders we've sanctioned!

hobbesmaster posted:

the coup government which the US doesn’t formally recognize

The US personally sanctioned Kim Jong Un, the head of state of the DPRK, which the US recognizes. It's just 1400+600=2000 rules lawyer horse poo poo on the international stage. Come up with any excuse not to punish the axe murdering Saudi prince.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

the hyper technical thing is if they want to sanction officials of a recognized government you sanction the government. if you want to sanction private individuals then it’s by name. since the us doesn’t recognize coup governments (don’t laugh there’s people at the cia/state to make sure all US sponsored coups are formally the “rightful government retaking power”) it sanctions the “private individuals” making up that government.

now we get to the MBS thing. if he is a member of the rightful leader of KSA it’s a state sanctioned assassination and they absolutely should be sanctioned. however sanctioning the saudis means a lot of people lose money from both the oil and defense industries and that is completely unacceptable. by stating “oh we can’t sanction MBS” they get to point away from that little issue

ahhhh okay

so thats why theyre sticking to the "nah we're just gonna go through salman even though hes lost the plot" angle

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol how the gently caress are they this terrible and stupid?

https://twitter.com/JLMaskie/status/1366055777639751681?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

US sanctioned Venezuelan government individuals before the Guaido BS went down.

This very forum saw pages of debate about if sanctioning officials in the Venezuelan government meant the US was sanctioning the country of Venezuela.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1366157424151973890

anyone who described themselves as a cuomosexual should be banned from expressing an opinion in public ever again

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

loquacius posted:

Sorry folks, the parliamentarian said we had to drop that nuke on Caracas.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

silicone thrills posted:

lol how the gently caress are they this terrible and stupid?

https://twitter.com/JLMaskie/status/1366055777639751681?s=20

https://twitter.com/jojamDjango/status/1366146583612416004

I loving hate these people so much

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

anyone who described themselves as a cuomosexual should be banned from expressing an opinion in public ever again

“I absolutely sexually harassed my employees but I didn’t do any real sexual harassment” is one hell of a defense.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The US has literally sanctioned other Saudi government officials individually for the killing of Jamal Khashoggi. Here's a list of their names!

Saud Al-Qahtani is a senior official of the Government of Saudi Arabia who was part of the planning and execution of the operation that led to the killing of Mr. Khashoggi in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul, Turkey on October 2, 2018. This operation was coordinated and executed by his subordinate Maher Mutreb, and involved participation of at least 14 other Saudi government officials: Salah Tubaigy; Meshal Albostani; Naif Alarifi; Mohammed Alzahrani; Mansour Abahussain; Khalid Alotaibi; Abdulaziz Alhawsawi; Waleed Alsehri; Thaar Alharbi; Fahad Albalawi; Badr Alotaibi; Mustafa Almadani; Saif Alqahtani; and Turki Alsehri. The Saudi consulate in Istanbul, where Mr. Khashoggi was killed, was overseen by Consul General Mohammed Alotaibi. All of these individuals are designated for being responsible for, or complicit in, or having directly or indirectly engaged in serious human rights abuse.

As a result of these designations, any property or interests in property of the individuals designated today within or transiting U.S. jurisdiction is blocked. Additionally, U.S. persons are generally prohibited from engaging in transactions with blocked persons, including entities 50 percent or more owned by designated persons.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Atrocious Joe posted:

This very forum saw pages of debate about if sanctioning officials in the Venezuelan government meant the US was sanctioning the country of Venezuela.

Yep, glad someone else remembers that bullshit

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

people in the US are so numb to the institutionalized torture of US prisons, that a sort of humane prison cell can be called nice.

it's still a prison cell!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

people in the US are so numb to the institutionalized torture of US prisons, that a sort of humane prison cell can be called nice.

No see it has a window and some crepe paper

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

Dnd gearing up to work for the Cuomo campaign

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

The US has literally sanctioned other Saudi government officials individually for the killing of Jamal Khashoggi. Here's a list of their names!

Saud Al-Qahtani is a senior official of the Government of Saudi Arabia who was part of the planning and execution of the operation that led to the killing of Mr. Khashoggi in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul, Turkey on October 2, 2018. This operation was coordinated and executed by his subordinate Maher Mutreb, and involved participation of at least 14 other Saudi government officials: Salah Tubaigy; Meshal Albostani; Naif Alarifi; Mohammed Alzahrani; Mansour Abahussain; Khalid Alotaibi; Abdulaziz Alhawsawi; Waleed Alsehri; Thaar Alharbi; Fahad Albalawi; Badr Alotaibi; Mustafa Almadani; Saif Alqahtani; and Turki Alsehri. The Saudi consulate in Istanbul, where Mr. Khashoggi was killed, was overseen by Consul General Mohammed Alotaibi. All of these individuals are designated for being responsible for, or complicit in, or having directly or indirectly engaged in serious human rights abuse.

As a result of these designations, any property or interests in property of the individuals designated today within or transiting U.S. jurisdiction is blocked. Additionally, U.S. persons are generally prohibited from engaging in transactions with blocked persons, including entities 50 percent or more owned by designated persons.

the state department is defending this on idiotic technicalities so, looking at guy’s Wikipedia page, they’d probably point out that guy was “fired” by the Saudi government in 2018 and is now an independent consultant for that government so can be individually sanctioned

that arrangement deserves a pretty drat big :thunk:

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

imagine being a card carrying DNC member

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I wonder if talking about other peoples sexual harassment is banned in other forums too.

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 00:35 on Mar 1, 2021

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

No my read is that the U.S. is so impoverished that a clean prison looks appealing lol

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

Guaido who is currently walking the streets of Caracas unstrangled and in one piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

it took less than 2 months for the libs to unironically and full-heartedly defend trump-era concentration camps

i know they were defending the obama ones earlier, but still

im only surprised it took this long