Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
MOTYC: Yuka v Ryo, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 2/28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Jordan7hm posted:

MOTYC: Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga and Rin Kadokura vs. Emi Sakura, Veny and Maki Itoh, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 2/28

Same show:

HM for Yuka v Ryo (but this was reeeeal close for me)
HM for Rosa v Riho

Hell yeah! Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament 2/28

MOTYC: Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga and Rin Kadokura vs. Emi Sakura, Veny and Maki Itoh
MOTYC: Ryo Mizunami vs. Yuka Sakazaki
HM: Thunder Rosa vs. Riho

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

MOTYC: Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga and Rin Kadokura vs. Emi Sakura, Veny and Maki Itoh, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 2/28

Same show:

HM for Rosa v Riho

Yeah agreed

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

just rewatched it with a friend since i missed a chunk of it and yeah this was just ridiculously good

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Pylons posted:

MOTYC: Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga and Rin Kadokura vs. Emi Sakura, Veny and Maki Itoh

nth on all these. very good hour of wrestling

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

xbilkis posted:

My initial reaction was HM because there was no build or stakes to the match. But after thinking about it more, this was a perfect showcase of everyone (save maybe Rin but I'm okay with that since she didn't do much to impress me).

This match flowed amazingly from crisp, innovative spots to comedy to intense strike battle. Really awesome match. Nth-ing the MOTYC nod.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pylons posted:

Nth

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Shunma Katsumata (c) vs. MAO in a Kids' Room Deathmatch for the DDT Extreme Championship - DDT Into the Fight (2/28)

This was fantastic. I love these two idiots. All the spots where they had to argue with the referee over whether something counted as something that could be found in a kids' room owned.

Nth, I'll allow this gimmick to exist.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Shunma Katsumata (c) vs. MAO in a Kids' Room Deathmatch for the DDT Extreme Championship - DDT Into the Fight (2/28)

This was fantastic. I love these two idiots. All the spots where they had to argue with the referee over whether something counted as something that could be found in a kids' room owned.
Nth!

Shunma does the weird adult-child gimmick so much better than Alexa Bliss. Mao justifying a table as being a "slide" because it was propped up against the railing is A+

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Insertnamehere31 posted:

HM Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga and Rin Kadokura vs. Emi Sakura, Veny and Maki Itoh, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 2/28

Jordan7hm posted:

HM for Rosa v Riho

Agreed to all three.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth for this. I've finally been able to watch it and it ruled

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pylons posted:

I'll also second these

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Nth!

Shunma does the weird adult-child gimmick so much better than Alexa Bliss. Mao justifying a table as being a "slide" because it was propped up against the railing is A+

them keeping the kayfabe from their last lego deathmatch where they called it a "kids' blocks match" or something to avoid copyright issues with Lego and MAO brought out cinderblocks and justified it by saying those were the blocks he played with as a kid was really good too.

Another nice little touch was when they were setting up the ring with all the kids' toys they used the BJW deathmatch theme that they use when setting up deathmatches

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Mar 1, 2021

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

AEW women's championship eliminator 28/2

MOTYC: Yuka Sakazaki vs Ryo Mizunami
HM: Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga and Rin Kadokura vs. Emi Sakura, Veny and Maki Itoh

Man Ryo vs Yuka was one of my favourite matches in AEW this year.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jordan7hm posted:

Same show:

HM for Rosa v Riho

Absolutely Nth. That six man was an absolute work of art.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Into the Fight February 28th
MOTYC

Shunma Katsumata vs MAO - Kids' Room Deathmatch
- Sauna Club explodes! I love these two crazy fucks, and I love that Shunma acts like such a brat when he's the oldest member. A couple of times I found myself watching in amazement, just hoping neither guy got really badly hurt by the stupid poo poo they were doing (they were lucky neither got impaled by either the wooden block table exploding or the plastic storage box fragments). Shunma took a couple of headshots that were hopefully way louder than they were hard, but otherwise I enjoyed everything they did in this match.

HM
Damnation (Tetsuya Endo, Takao Soma and Yuji Hino) vs All Out (Konosuke Takeshita, Akito and Yuki Iino)
Chris Brookes and Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Kazusada Higuchi) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama, Makoto Oishi and Hideki Okatani)
- DDT continues their streak of having boss multi-mans in the undercard because their depth of talent is so deep

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Hikaru Shida/Mei Suruga/Rin Kadokura vs. Emi Sakura/VENY/Maki Itoh, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 28/02
HM: Yuka Sakazaki vs. Ryo Mizunami, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 28/02
HM: Thunder Rosa vs. Riho, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 28/02

That 6-woman tag was goddam incredible, such a perfect showcase

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

DDT Into the Fight February 28th
MOTYC
Shunma Katsumata vs MAO - Kids' Room Deathmatch

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga & Rin Kadokura vs Emi Sakura, VENY & Maki Itoh
MOTYC: Yuka Sakazaki vs Ryo Mizunami
HM: Thunder Rosa vs Riho

All from the AEW Women's Championship Eliminator Tournament 28.08.

Women's division is still workrate division.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
28th February
NJPW Castle Attack Night 2
NEVER Openweight Title
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Great O Khan

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title
BUSHI vs El Desperado vs El Phantasmo

MOTYC
IWGP Heavyweight/Intercontinental Titles
Kota Ibushi vs Tetsuya Naito

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: New Wind (Arisa Nakajima, Nanae Takahashi & Riko Kawahata) vs. Las Fresas de Egoistas (Asuka & Makoto) & Tsukushi Haruka - SEAdLINNNG New Leaf (2/26)

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1366365262187012099?s=19

This is my current MOTY. Absolute nonstop chaos as some of the absolute best wrestlers in the world face off against each other. You're always guaranteed a good time when Asuka and Arisa Nakajima get in the same ring, but the absolute highlight of this match isn't even a competitor as Yumiko Hotta shows how outside interference should be done, getting a lot of vocal reactions from the crowd in the process. Incredible stuff with a shocking finish (especially considering the post-match)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
22nd February
AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament
Emi Sakura vs Yuka Sakazaki

An extremely good match, Emi startled me just how great she was in the role of the big bully heel. Some great spots like the brutality of the rolling surfboard. An awful lot to like here.

MOTYC
Aja Kong vs Ryo Mizunami
Great. Stiff and bruising and the innovation of the finish is enough to make me overlook how quickly Aniki recovered from the bin (this is why you do 20 counts on the outside)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: New Wind (Arisa Nakajima, Nanae Takahashi & Riko Kawahata) vs. Las Fresas de Egoistas (Asuka & Makoto) & Tsukushi Haruka - SEAdLINNNG New Leaf (2/26)

This is my current MOTY. Absolute nonstop chaos as some of the absolute best wrestlers in the world face off against each other. You're always guaranteed a good time when Asuka and Arisa Nakajima get in the same ring, but the absolute highlight of this match isn't even a competitor as Yumiko Hotta shows how outside interference should be done, getting a lot of vocal reactions from the crowd in the process. Incredible stuff with a shocking finish (especially considering the post-match)

I'll second this, although i'm not as high on it as you are. Suppose it speaks to the quality of wrestling in 2021 that I don't have a thought of putting this in my top five and it's behind Arisa/Nanae vs Iida/Momo in terms of SEAd matches i've seen this year. Obviously Arisa and Asuka are great, but the few things i've seen of her has opened my eyes to how much I slept on Nanae Takahashi last year in the handful of shows I watched. I always just glazed over her as another member of MAX VOLTAGE with Ryo Mizunami being the one that drew my interest, but she's been killing it in the matches posted here this year, especially looking at just how long her career has been.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I'll second this, although i'm not as high on it as you are. Suppose it speaks to the quality of wrestling in 2021 that I don't have a thought of putting this in my top five and it's behind Arisa/Nanae vs Iida/Momo in terms of SEAd matches i've seen this year. Obviously Arisa and Asuka are great, but the few things i've seen of her has opened my eyes to how much I slept on Nanae Takahashi last year in the handful of shows I watched. I always just glazed over her as another member of MAX VOLTAGE with Ryo Mizunami being the one that drew my interest, but she's been killing it in the matches posted here this year, especially looking at just how long her career has been.

Nanae didn't wrestle between January 24th and December 23rd last year so dismissing her as another backing dancer isn't so bad

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nanae didn't wrestle between January 24th and December 23rd last year so dismissing her as another backing dancer isn't so bad

Ah, that'll do it. I thought I had a vague memory of her in a tag match on that event where I had to watch it through an app on my phone, but I guess not

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Nah she lost her hair in November 2019 in a very good match against Arisa Nakajima then announced that she needed surgery to help with arthritis in her knee or something like that: worked through January 2020 and then was off until the last show of last year.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
All HMs from the AEW Women's Tournament on 2/28

Emi Sakura, Maki Ito & VENY vs. Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga & Rin Kadokura
Ryo Mizunami vs. Yuka Sakazaki
Riho vs. Thunder Rosa

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

3rd. This is all sorts of great. Obviously a match with Asuka and Nanae and Makoto and Arisa is going to rule and so it was. Las Fresas de Egoistas are such a great act and team, just total motherfuckers. The absolutely nasty chairshots, the stiff kicks and chops, the moonsault and cross bodies and what's not to love?

I'm not quite as high on it as you but we're still talking Top 10 of year

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Jordan7hm posted:

Same show:

HM for Rosa v Riho

Nth!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

All HMs from the AEW Women's Tournament on 2/28

Emi Sakura, Maki Ito & VENY vs. Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga & Rin Kadokura
Ryo Mizunami vs. Yuka Sakazaki
Riho vs. Thunder Rosa

2nd all of these matches.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament 3/1

HM: Nyla Rose vs. Thunder Rosa

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I don't care much about this thread but it is outrageous to me that Hangman/Kassidy got HMs relative to other match-ups getting MOTYCs off of the same show. It was the quintessential wrestling match IMO

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

Chie showed herself very well in her first title match ever carried by excellent work from Akki, Hagane, and Mei

had a little of everything that makes Chocopro so great

Catching up, gonna nth this. Great match.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pylons posted:

Same. This one is closer to not being an HM for me than it is to being a MOTYC, but overall I enjoyed it and thought both women showed up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Royal Updog posted:

I don't care much about this thread but it is outrageous to me that Hangman/Kassidy got HMs relative to other match-ups getting MOTYCs off of the same show. It was the quintessential wrestling match IMO

Be the change you want to see and put in a nomination for MOTYC!

Pylons posted:

3rded. This tournament has been really drat good and delightfully unpredictable.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Royal Updog posted:

Vote!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

Yeah, you know what, I'll nth this because the finish was one of the coolest things I've seen all year.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
21st February
Dragon Gate Truth Gate Night 7
Open The Triangle Gate #1 Contendership Tournament Semi Final
Masquerade (Jason Lee, Kota Minoura & La Estrella) vs RED (Dia Inferno, Diamante & HipHop Kikuta)

Open The Triangle Gate #1 Contendership Tournament Semi Final
Team Boku (Bokutimo Dragon, Punch Tominaga & Ryo Saito) vs Kagetora, Shuji Kondo & Yosuke Santa Maria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

I'll nth this.