Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I thought we were doing top Worst Super-Hero games....:twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
did they make Marvel vs SNK: Infinity Wars yet?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Saint's Row

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Those hellboy movies were alright. Not the latest one though, that sucked

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For original properties and not licensed games, also in no particular order:

Nightshade
SaGa Frontier's Red Story
Chroma Squad
Freedom Force/Freedom Force vs the Third Reich
City of Heroes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Chroma Squad was a blast! Very cute game, good thing to play in lobbies for other games

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Top 5 superhero video games are:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Marvel's Spider-Man
Injustice 2
Marvel Heroes
X-Men Arcade Game

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm generally not a fan of actually watching horror movies because I don't like watching people be killed or tortured, but I still love horror and reading about said movies because it lets me go at my own pace instead of sticking with whatever pace the film goes at.

:yeah: I can't stomach watching the Saw series at all, but every time one comes out I love reading the synopsis of the batshit insane plot and ridiculous traps.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
after dealing with some uncomfortable mental crap at the doctor's, the deadly premonition theme randomly popped into my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OUP_Z3iZPs

it's a good song.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how many Wandas do you see if you have the power of Wandavision

Weedle
May 31, 2006

on the topic of old superhero movies, my wife and i watched richard donner's "superman" (1978) a while ago, which we did not enjoy. very strange film that really struggled to build momentum until like the last half hour (it is a two-and-a-half hour movie). gene hackman's clownish performance as lex luthor was by far the most entertaining part of the film although it didn't exactly make for a thrilling struggle between justice and avarice or anything. also could have done without the long, excruciating scene of lois lane suffocating to death as she is buried alive. on a lighter note i heard that marlon brando was absolutely not going to learn his lines for this film under any circumstances, so he had them written down on for example the front of baby kal'el's diaper

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i hate when installing software has the option to not send your data to the company labelled as "no thanks." Don't trick me into thanking you, I would like a third button that says "no and gently caress off."

stev posted:

:yeah: I can't stomach watching the Saw series at all, but every time one comes out I love reading the synopsis of the batshit insane plot and ridiculous traps.

Had an ex who loved them and I'd be closing my eyes, trying not to hear the squishy noises. I also hated the plot at the time, the villain is such a loving ignorant, short-sighted, idiot!! Now though with distance from it, I also appreciate the overall story and world they've built, in-wiki-reading anyway. I do hope they make more because each addition requires retconning or addressing so much stuff it's always fun to hear how they went about it. The sequel that surprise -- it's a prequel! was my fav twist

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 1, 2021

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Superhero games:

Battletoads and Double Dragon
Every Double Dragon game
Every Ninja Turtle game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Kat's my favorite superhero

vv yeah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Kat's my favorite superhero

From gravity rush? Good choice

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I can't imagine not liking '78 Superman but I also haven't seen it in over 20 years despite it being a staple of my childhood.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this has to be the worst year for AAA in a while, right

a lot of remasters/remakes, deathloop and ratchet & clank are the only interesting sony AAAs this year, nintendo's biggest non-remake release the rest of this year is mario golf (which will own, but still), i highly doubt ghostwire releases this year (we'll see about horizon forbidden west), no one gives a gently caress about far cry 6 or halo infinite

it's basically an all indie/AA year

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Most AAA devs are poo poo anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

This is already shaping up to be a terrible year for AAA. And a lot of the big AAA titles from last year that were suppose to really grow in 2021, ended up being huge failures that everyone abandoned very quickly; Marvel's Avengers, and Cyberpunk 2077.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'm looking forward to returnal, housemarque deserves a big hit

beyond that, i have backlog

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Is this the place to ask random questions about older games like Octopath Traveler that don't have an active thread anymore? Trying to kit myself out for the endgame and I thought I was ready, but the side quest boss in the Forest of Purgation is giving me serious grief, and my whole party is in the low 70s while the level recommendation for the area is 58.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Walker posted:

Is this the place to ask random questions about older games like Octopath Traveler that don't have an active thread anymore? Trying to kit myself out for the endgame and I thought I was ready, but the side quest boss in the Forest of Purgation is giving me serious grief, and my whole party is in the low 70s while the level recommendation for the area is 58.

I'm sure people here have played it but if you don't get a hit, I'd try the RPG thread or the Final Fantasy thread

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Captain Walker posted:

Have you tried the Octopath thread? It's still reasonably active though discussion recently drifted to Triangle Strategy, but I'm sure you could get an answer there.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Captain Walker posted:

you could also try the switch thread, lots of octopath likers in there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The 7th Guest posted:

Not really a surprise when game dev has been smashed to pieces by COVID

Just means Disco Elysium is free to be the first two-time GOTY poll winner :getin:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mystery Men

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1_WEHG56hE

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

Not really a surprise when game dev has been smashed to pieces by COVID

Just means Disco Elysium is free to be the first two-time GOTY poll winner :getin:

It's FFXIV's year, I can feel it

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I re-installed over the weekend FFXIV so I can play through the 5.X patch content in anticipation.

Instead of playing my 80 BLM, I played my 25 GLA and tanked The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak and I forgot that ARR does not prevent you from engaging the boss early if someone in your party needs to watch the cutscene :sweatdrop:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Time to craft in the mines!!! I will let you know how good it goes trying to get a super powered smeltery going. Also I will take pictures :3:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I re-installed over the weekend FFXIV so I can play through the 5.X patch content in anticipation.

Instead of playing my 80 BLM, I played my 25 GLA and tanked The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak and I forgot that ARR does not prevent you from engaging the boss early if someone in your party needs to watch the cutscene :sweatdrop:

toto-rak is the worst offender for that too, because the cutscene before that boss is so fuckin long the boss is nearly dead by the time it's done

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I mean Toto-Rak in general is a piece of poo poo dungeon anyways.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

after dealing with some uncomfortable mental crap at the doctor's, the deadly premonition theme randomly popped into my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OUP_Z3iZPs

it's a good song.

It really is, such a nice chill song.

I love the Kazoo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

It really is, such a nice chill song.

I love the Kazoo

the kazoo makes it. i love that it doesn't show up until you start thinking the song is almost over, then they really let it rip

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Everyone knows mmorpg expacs go good-bad-good-bad

Weedle
May 31, 2006

other choice cuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfoI86n950Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ6qcQvISOw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Qvdv4ba04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0U1plBLX94

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Jay Rust posted:

Everyone knows mmorpg expacs go good-bad-good-bad

If any MMO can break this cycle, it is FFXIV

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked stormblood a lot shrugging emoji

Weedle
May 31, 2006

you might ask, why would a horror game have a scene where you chase a dog to jet set radio music. but deadly premonition asks, why don't other horror games have a scene where you chase a dog to jet set radio music???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That sequence sucked